• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Look at the complete timeline on the first page. MM is in its rightful spot directly following OoT in one timeline there.

And considering they're fairly medieval and all, it's no more unlikely than Columbus finding America. We don't know that the new Hyrule is unpopulated. In fact, it kind of has to be populated, somewhat. Link, Tetra, and the pirates would not make much of a kingdom. I prefer the idea of Hyrule draining, though.
I am saying WW should be below it too not just TP

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
I'm ridiculously late in saying this, but I'm going to, anyways.

I really, really liked WindWaker, and thought it carried on the spirit of Zelda perfectly. In my opinion, it actually felt more epic than Ocarina, and the fighting was a lot more fun. It was too easy, but if they'd upped the difficulty, I think it would be my favorite. There's so much to do, but it doesn't really seem to get boring unless you refuse to warp. And the attention to detail, both graphic-wise and story-wise, was incredible. I like very much that it followed the timeline of Ocarina, and I really liked that if you looked around Hyrule Castle, you could find portraits of Zelda with her advisors and stuff. That was cool, and so was the changing portrait on the ghost ship and stuff.

I also liked the music better than the other games, for the most part. I really liked Gerudo Valley and the Forest Temple from Ocarina, but otherwise WindWaker takes it. I honestly don't know why no one likes it.

Don't get me wrong, I think OoT is really great, but I don't think every other one sucks compared to it. WindWaker was immensely fun, and so was Twilight Princess.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where you got the Idea that no one likes WindWaker, but it certainly wasn't from this thread. Pretty much everyone who posts here loves WW. It certainly wasn't my favorite Zelda (I really didn't like the ocean), but still an excellent game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Hyrule does NOT get drained, check the ending to WW. King of Hyrule, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, gets the completed Triforce and wishes for that Hyrule to be washed away, which would stop Ganondorf from ever conquering it again. The goddesses then grant his wish- the final fight in the game is done during a massive downpour, which is the goddesses granting the king's wish.
Yes, that leads directly into Phantom Hourglass. - a new Great Sea with new islands. However, all of that must eventually be drained by the Goddesses after numbers of years, because WW Hyrule is exaclty the same as FS Hyrule, and Link, Tetra, and the Pirates could never find another island lying around somewhere that resembles the flooded Hyrule so precisely - no other kingdom is going to have Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, Lost Woods, and Gerudo Desert all together as one. Hyrule is drained, but probably drained just enough so that there is an ocean at its border. This is probably done to prevent evil from entering the kingdom from anywhere else.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I want to mod Ocarina of Time so badly. Anyone ever heard of a method of actually adding content to a [insert banned word here]?

c3gill

Smash Ace
Yes, that leads directly into Phantom Hourglass. - a new Great Sea with new islands. However, all of that must eventually be drained by the Goddesses after numbers of years, because WW Hyrule is exaclty the same as FS Hyrule, and Link, Tetra, and the Pirates could never find another island lying around somewhere that resembles the flooded Hyrule so precisely - no other kingdom is going to have Hyrule Castle, Death Mountain, Lost Woods, and Gerudo Desert all together as one. Hyrule is drained, but probably drained just enough so that there is an ocean at its border. This is probably done to prevent evil from entering the kingdom from anywhere else.
It has been suggested and shown that FS could easily have taken place on a large island at sea. Someone posted a nice image of the overworld map as an island, check Google Images if you wanna see it again. As for no other kingdom having a castle, a desert, a forest, and a volcanic mountian- why not?

how many places on Earth have all that stuff? The America's are an "island," and between the two of them there is easily all that stuff. Hyrule doesnt get drained, because it doesnt need to be.

And Ive been looking over some quotes, thinking about stuffs, and I am working on a timeline for myself.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It has been suggested and shown that FS could easily have taken place on a large island at sea. Someone posted a nice image of the overworld map as an island, check Google Images if you wanna see it again. As for no other kingdom having a castle, a desert, a forest, and a volcanic mountian- why not?

how many places on Earth have all that stuff? The America's are an "island," and between the two of them there is easily all that stuff. Hyrule doesnt get drained, because it doesnt need to be.

And Ive been looking over some quotes, thinking about stuffs, and I am working on a timeline for myself.
Yes, I've seen the island, and in fact, I was surprised to see how similar it is to the Hyrule under the Great Sea. And the fact that Hyrule Castle happens to be the same castle was even more shocking. Sure another island may have a field, forest, mountain, castle, and desert, but it is highly unlikely that it would resemble Hyrule so closely - and even more unlikely that the four sword would be there with Vaati's spirit sealed in it.

The reason the goddesses would drain Hyrule is because, now that the king has the full Triforce and Ganondorf is killed, there is no reason to leave Hyrule flooded, when the reason for flooding in the first place was to protect the Triforce and so that evil (particularly Ganondorf) may not enter the Sacred Realm.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Um, in Phantom Hourglass the Ocean Kind tells Link he's in another world. If it was true that like in Link's Awakening he actually carried out those actions in his real world, then Tetra's pirates wouldn't have told him he was only gone for about 10 minutes.

I know there was the question of whether it was a dream or not, but I don't think they would have put the word "world" in red if it had no significance.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Um, in Phantom Hourglass the Ocean Kind tells Link he's in another world. If it was true that like in Link's Awakening he actually carried out those actions in his real world, then Tetra's pirates wouldn't have told him he was only gone for about 10 minutes.

I know there was the question of whether it was a dream or not, but I don't think they would have put the word "world" in red if it had no significance.
Looks like more info supporting the idea that the Ocean King and the Windfish are the same thing.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Phantom Hourglass is essentially a bad remake of LA.

These are all the similarities in the introduction and ending alone. Granted I didn't play LA myself, but you can check the facts for yourself. I'm sure there are more similarities.

Tetra (The voice of Zelda) speaks to you telepathically after your ship is attacked.
You wake up on an Island which happens to house the final temple.
You need to save the Ocean King (A whale) so he can... re-awaken as the protector of the land.
The whale tells you you are not in hyrule, but in his "dream world" (a quote taken directly from PH and LA)
You wake up with Zelda to find that only 10 minutes of real time has passed. You were dreaming.
Characters from the "dream world" somehow are appearing in your real world.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I also liked the music better than the other games, for the most part. I really liked Gerudo Valley and the Forest Temple from Ocarina, but otherwise WindWaker takes it. I honestly don't know why no one likes it.
I agree. The Wind Waker music was absolutely fantastic. Better than any other Zelda game. Of course, I still think OoT is the best overall... but WW definitely wins in the music department.

@PH: You know, the more I try to play that game, the more I dislike it. It's just boring to me.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Phantom Hourglass is essentially a bad remake of LA.

These are all the similarities in the introduction and ending alone. Granted I didn't play LA myself, but you can check the facts for yourself. I'm sure there are more similarities.

Tetra (The voice of Zelda) speaks to you telepathically after your ship is attacked.
You wake up on an Island which happens to house the final temple.
You need to save the Ocean King (A whale) so he can... re-awaken as the protector of the land.
The whale tells you you are not in hyrule, but in his "dream world" (a quote taken directly from PH and LA)
You wake up with Zelda to find that only 10 minutes of real time has passed. You were dreaming.
Characters from the "dream world" somehow are appearing in your real world.
Interesting that you say this, because Phantom Hourglass was actually designed with A Link to the Past in mind (I'm not going to search for a quote, but that's what Aonuma said prior to its release, namely around the time that the game was announced). In fact, a [large] portion of the team that worked on PH actually worked on ALttP and LA also.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Perhaps some people like this then, that it was so similar to LA. Most people I know liked that TP was so similar to OoT, but I couldn't help but feel like it was inferior and actually shining a light on that.

I haven't played ALttp in about 5 years so I forget the details, but I didn't pick up a lot of similarities.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Perhaps some people like this then, that it was so similar to LA. Most people I know liked that TP was so similar to OoT, but I couldn't help but feel like it was inferior and actually shining a light on that.

I haven't played ALttp in about 5 years so I forget the details, but I didn't pick up a lot of similarities.
Oh of course, it felt nothing like ALttP. Why they designed PH with ALttP in mind puzzles me to this day, but of course, I don't really care, because PH sucks.

FUN FACT!
Did you guys know that the original LoZ for the Famicon supported voice-support, which was used to kill the Pols Voice enemies (hopping rabbit head things) by shouting into the mic? This effect was lost in translation and reconfiguring to the NES. They can still be killed with arrows or bombs.

They reappeared in Phantom Hourglass in a design reminiscent of their original artwork for The Legend of Zelda, and for the first time outside of Japan, were able to be defeated via shouting into the DS mic.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
ANOTHER FUN FACT, ANYONE?

The title music for Wind Waker is actually a slight remix of the Earth God's Lyric and the Wind God's Aria. I don't know obvious that was to everyone else, but I just realized that. Another thing - the very beginning of the title music for OoT is the Magic Whistle theme from Super Mario Bros. 3.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
They reappeared in Phantom Hourglass in a design reminiscent of their original artwork for The Legend of Zelda, and for the first time outside of Japan, were able to be defeated via shouting into the DS mic.

Or by blowing into the mic. lol at fooling microphones

Phantom7 said:
The title music for Wind Waker is actually a slight remix of the Earth God's Lyric and the Wind God's Aria. I don't know obvious that was to everyone else, but I just realized that. Another thing - the very beginning of the title music for OoT is the Magic Whistle theme from Super Mario Bros. 3.
Ah yes, I knew about the second one. lol at Koji Kondo reusing some of his old tunes.

Scott!

Smash Lord
So, I've got my friend's copy of the GBA port of the original LoZ that I'm playing, and it's been fun times. I never got too far in the GC collector's edition version. It was just kind of awkward, especially because the D-pad on the GC controller isn't that well-placed for extended use. I just used the control stick half of the time, which is asking for failure.

But this way is more fun. It's more like a handheld Zelda in controls and design and all. Also, it's funny noticing all the similarities to OoS in the map and first two dungeons. Speaking of dungeons, the openness of the world is amusing. So far, I've only found levels 1, 2, 6, and 8, and beat the first two. The fact that I could beat the second dungeon without getting any items in it at all was also awesome. I kind of miss this non-linearity. The dungeons in most of the recent games have been pretty much linear, as has been the plot and overworld progress in general. Get this item lets you go here, where you get the item that lets you there, and on. But in this one, I wandered my way way ahead of where I should be. I also have the level 2 sword. But the downside is that I can't find any more dungeons. Hm, back to searching.

Alzi

Smash Master
After reading some majoras mask manga i just realised that you see that skull kid in twilight princess?

Can someone explain to me in time line terms what it's ment to mean?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
There's a Skull Kid race, not just one person. It may just be one person in Terminia (somebody feel free to correct me on that), but it's definitely a species in Hyrule.

Alzi

Smash Master
Just discovered that it is a species by looking on wikipedia. xD Theres 3 of them in Oot and he link becomes friends with one of them and that one is the one in majoras mask not sure about the Twilight Princess one though.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
They are supposedly the same one. You explained the first two, and the Twilight Princess one makes a remark that TP Link reminds him of The oot Link (he makes a not so clear reference, but I kinda forgot what it was).

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
TP skull kid? wtf?

*wikipedia*

Hm. Weird. I didn't make that connection for some reason. It's weird that he now carries a Poe lantern. Perhaps he's the spirit of Skull Kid?

I want a game to come out after Majora's Mask in the timeline.

Darkslash

Smash Master
In OoT, you play Saria's song to one of the Skull kids. In Majora's Mask another skull kid say's you are familiar to him, indicating that he may be the same skull kid. In TP, the Skull Kid play's Saria's Song. Its possible its the same one or a descendant of the same one (if they can reproduce some how).

Spire

III
BRoomer
If you would consider me to be a databank of Zelda knowledge, then I can confirm that the Skull Kid encountered in Twilight Princess is in fact, the Skull Kid encountered in Ocarina of Time and subsequently Majora's Mask. The reasons have been stated, and while he played a minor role in TP, it was conceptually of great importance.

Think about it..

The Skull Kid, a once major adversary of Link in the world parallel to Hyrule, having been scarred by the workings of Majora's Mask, now leads Link towards the Master Sword to the tune of Saria's Song, a song that helped Link, the Hero of Time, progress through his first adventure. Skull Kid in TP now reprises his role of a century past and simultaneously, that of the past Link's childhood friend, Saria, as both were denizens of the forest. It's only fitting that a character who once committed an almost catastrophic crime be punished by being tasked with leading the new hero to the sword of evil's bane, that which will help save Hyrule. He works inversely now of his past:

Skull Kid once tried to destroy Termina. Skull Kid now helps to save Hyrule. These lands are opposite, and so are the actions that he is partaking.

Now, speaking of Saria..

If we can account the theory that the Kokiri transformed into the Monkeys seen in TP (just as they transformed into the Koroks prior to WW), then the main female monkey may very well be Saria. We see that the Kokiri never age, and one so sacred as Saria would (if Kokiri are not immortal) have a prolonged lifespan, and hence, why the female monkey in TP has quite an affection for, and almost natural bond to Link. He is inclined to save her, and she is inclined to help him, just as the relationship between Link and Saria played out as in OoT.

So with that said, could the Kokiri, and specifically, Saria have actually been present in Twilight Princess as the forest dwellers living in The Deku Tree (Forest Temple)?

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Well on a slightly related note, I finally went to the trouble of finding a copy of Majora's Mask for the N64. This is the first time I've been able to play Majora's Mask for an extended period of time, and I must say, the game truly is amazing. I can say for certain that Majora's Mask really is the most story rich Zelda game of them all. You really get know so much more about the people of Termina on an individual and broader basis than you ever get to know about the people of Hyrule. It was a hassle finding it, but it was definitely worth it.
of course, knowing my luck it'll probably be on virtual console tomorrow.
No doubt The Skull Kid gains a deep respect for Link after what he does for Termina and for him in Majora's Mask, and in such a short period of time two*
*really though, Link has all the time he could ever want :p

c3gill

Smash Ace
of course, knowing my luck it'll probably be on virtual console tomorrow.
dont ****ing bank on it. **** north america nintendo ****tards.

But wasnt MM amazing? I finally came home from college, whipped out my N64, and started playing again. I am seeing how many days it takes for me to perfect and collect everything.

done with day 9 (2 series of days after deku)- finished everything through Snowhead, got a Gilded Sword and max magic, like 12 extra masks, and a TON of heart pieces. This is all played from memory, so im probably forgetting a few heart pieces here and there. If all goes according to plan, I will have perfected the game in a total of 5 cycles- 6 is more realistic, but gotta shoot for perfection.

Doing the Ranch, brothers race, keeta race, Ocean spider house, first night grave, fight aliens, everything up to and including Great Bay temple, escort, 2nd night grave, everything up to and through beneath the well, Ikana castle, the climb up Stone Tower, grab the final owl statue, 3rd night grave- all while doing the trading sequence for the Mayor's Wife (want the bottle)- in my next day cycle. LOL @ me.

I bet i could work in STT, but id rather hold it off for the next cycle- then collect a ballsload of rupees for the 5000 in the bank. that is one of the hardest pieces to get on such a short timetable, imo.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Omfg. Too good.

I'm buying this RIGHT NOW. Never got to finish it before. Wish me luck everybody!!

Edit: ****! My c-stick is broken. Can't talk to Tatl >:

Alright, off to go buy a controller I guess.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
aaugh, you know what the same thing happened to me when I wanted to play Super Mario RPG too.
except I'm not allowed to give details on how I got of hold of that one

I think Nintendo hates me.

Majora's Mask is an excellent game though. My favorite mask so far is the Garo Mask just because it looks cool, now that it's on VC, everyone here should definitely consider getting it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm working on a play-through of MM myself on the original N64 cartridge. I strongly despise the controller, (especially because something is wrong with my control stick's sensitivity) but it's definitely worth it to play through. I'm almost sure this is my first play-through, unless I simply can't remember the last time I played through it. Well, off to Snowhead - only I still have to finish that annoying Deku Shrine... what do you get from that, anyway?

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm working on a play-through of MM myself on the original N64 cartridge. I strongly despise the controller, (especially because something is wrong with my control stick's sensitivity) but it's definitely worth it to play through. I'm almost sure this is my first play-through, unless I simply can't remember the last time I played through it. Well, off to Snowhead - only I still have to finish that annoying Deku Shrine... what do you get from that, anyway?
If you mean the actual dungeon, you directly get
Odolwa's mask, the first giant, and the bow, which you have to have if you're in Snowhead. You also get the Scent Mask, or whatever it is, only by defeating Odolwa first, and then the obstacle course
. So yeah.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
@Spire, I would only disagree about the Skull Kid being "punished". The end of MM's seemed to suggest forgiveness. So I can't imagine that he would be punished in any way. Rather he leads Link to the master sword because he wants to.

I don't think the monkeys are to kokiri but I don't have anything to base that off. It's just a matter of opinion. However, if the monkeys are the kokiri I doubt that one of them is Saria. The ending of Oot seems to tell us that the sages won't be returning to their people. Mido and the Zora King were saddened because the ones close to them didn't return home.

SuperRaccon... wow did that really just happen?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I don't think the monkeys are to kokiri but I don't have anything to base that off. It's just a matter of opinion. However, if the monkeys are the kokiri I doubt that one of them is Saria. The ending of Oot seems to tell us that the sages won't be returning to their people. Mido and the Zora King were saddened because the ones close to them didn't return home.
Are you sure?

I never saw OoT's ending, but keep in mind we're talking about the child timeline. The one where the sages are never awakened in the first place.

OoT just loves messing with your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom