• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrah

Smash Ace
The only Zelda I liked was OoT zelda.
As for the next game, probably a sequel of Twilight, since most of the zelda games took that course of *New Game* > *Sequel* > *New Game* and so on

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The only Zelda I liked was OoT zelda.
As for the next game, probably a sequel of Twilight, since most of the zelda games took that course of *New Game* > *Sequel* > *New Game* and so on
Actually, one of the only things currently known about the next Zelda is a confirmation from the Zelda creator that it is not a sequel to Twilight Princess.

Scott!

Smash Lord
OoT was the only one you liked? But.... but... *whimpers* How...? The others are just so... so good!

Seriously though, it's fine if it is. I just felt my inner fanboy crying, and needed to express it.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Actually, one of the only things currently known about the next Zelda is a confirmation from the Zelda creator that it is not a sequel to Twilight Princess.
Thank god...

Lol anymore info??

And yeah imagine that Zelda sends Link to do her laundry so he can "save" hyrule and then sends hyrulean guards to kill him while Ganondorf and Zelda reign forever.

c3gill

Smash Ace
And yeah imagine that Zelda sends Link to do her laundry so he can "save" hyrule and then sends hyrulean guards to kill him while Ganondorf and Zelda reign forever.
This sounds like something that would happen in the LoZ show.

anyone else remember that? well excuse me, Princess!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Thank god...

Lol anymore info??

Actually, I also recall a funny looking patent from Nintendo. You've probably heard of it, it's a new hint system being employed in some of Nintendo's next releases, most likely for a Zelda game.

And the final thing I know is that the next Zelda will not be formulaic, aparently. I don't know what that means content-wise, but I'm guessing the next Zelda will be like no other in some way or another.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am really hoping they are going with the more realistic looking Legend of Zelda rather than a Toon Link-esque one

Scott!

Smash Lord
Thank the goddesses I was too young, or just not watching the right channels as a kid, because I've never seen the show except for excerpts mocking it on the Internets.

Scott!

Smash Lord
"Legend of Zelda: Minish Ocarina of twilight windwaker and four swords."
I would play that. I would play that game so many times, it's not even funny. But that better not be what we get, unless the next game explains how all those games fit into the timeline. Otherwise... something fresh and new would be pleasing to me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see a game that's basically a remake of the original Legend of Zelda, in 3D with some stuff added to better explain the story...

Skrah

Smash Ace
Even when the new Zelda will be "unlike no other", and I'm definitely happy, I'm also a bit scared.

Imagine that Nintendo would make of Zelda a horrific monster of doom, so horrible your eyes melt out and you have a seizure while you say over and over again, "Tripping is good" o.O.

Realistic Zelda all day

Scott!

Smash Lord
Even when the new Zelda will be "unlike no other", and I'm definitely happy, I'm also a bit scared.

Imagine that Nintendo would make of Zelda a horrific monster of doom, so horrible your eyes melt out and you have a seizure while you say over and over again, "Tripping is good" o.O.

Realistic Zelda all day
Just as long as Link doesn't look like your avatar, I won't be too traumatized. But a scary Zelda would be... not what I want. Though, if there's something similar to the Shadow Temple, that should be freaky as heck. They won't go too wild since they don't want the rating to be too high.

But imagine a truly terrifying death-themed dungeon. Redeads hiding around corners, behind doors, and the return of that thing with the arms sticking out of the ground. I won't be able to sleep tonight now just for imagining it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if they are getting rid of items you can carry around used to solve puzzles

Darkslash

Smash Master
But imagine a truly terrifying death-themed dungeon. Redeads hiding around corners, behind doors, and the return of that thing with the arms sticking out of the ground. I won't be able to sleep tonight now just for imagining it.
Actually..holy **** that thing scared the **** out of me. How Link didn't piss in his pants in the well is beyond me. And Redeads coming out of corners now that I think about it is going to be hell of hard.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Ooooh yeah, like corpses hanging from walls and blood splattered on the ceiling and floor. And maybe a jail with chains dangling from it and some creepy writing or something. Totally cool.

But definitely we need a hot Zelda.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Just as long as Link doesn't look like your avatar, I won't be too traumatized. But a scary Zelda would be... not what I want. Though, if there's something similar to the Shadow Temple, that should be freaky as heck. They won't go too wild since they don't want the rating to be too high.

They had one of those in Twilight Princess.

It was the desert prison dungeon. The boss fight was against a skeletal zombie-beast and the sub-boss was a 20-ft. tall ghost with a ten-foot long sword.

Skrah

Smash Ace
That was more ancient excavation type. I mean some Inquisition building were they tortured people. And the Spirit Temple as a Hylian church would be sexy, much like the Temple of Time.

Darkslash

Smash Master
They had one of those in Twilight Princess.

It was the desert prison dungeon. The boss fight was against a skeletal zombie-beast and the sub-boss was a 20-ft. tall ghost with a ten-foot long sword.
Not Scary enough. I want a place where It makes me not want to play the game, but I have too. Okay that's more psychological. Dead bodies, blood splatter, the hand coming out of the floor, Redeads both OoT and Twilight Princess.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Not Scary enough. I want a place where It makes me not want to play the game, but I have too. Okay that's more psychological. Dead bodies, blood splatter, the hand coming out of the floor, Redeads both OoT and Twilight Princess.
Exactly. I'm thinking the torture rooms right near the end of the Shadow Temple in OoT. The area with the boss key right off the end of the boat path. They were terrifying, but were just a small part of the dungeon. That wooden X with blood on it, the spike walls, the rest of it. That was really creepy. That's what I'm thinking of, except much worse. The Arbiter's Grounds was not scary. It was a bit eerie in the early rooms where it was dark (okay, this hypothetical scary dungeon needs dark, lantern-lit rooms with redeads), but that was just about it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Phantom Sword seems pretty worthless, now that Bellum is gone. What else would Link use it for? Its effects were only useful in the temple of the ocean king. and in the final bellum fight.
It seems as if the Toon Link present in the games uses many different sacred swords. The Master Sword in Hyrule, the Four Sword in some Hyrule spin-off, and the Phantom Sword in [Termina-equivalent] Ocean.

Basically, Zelda is the "catalyst" to the series. She can't save the world, but she can surely help whoever will (and without her, the hero could not save the world). Inversely, if she were to side with s/he who wants to take over/destroy the world, then the hero is ****ed.

As far as the art style goes, I'd actually like to see a totally new, pseudo-realistic design in lieu of Twilight Princess and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. No, I don't want to necessarily see realistic cubism, but the sort of artistic deviation that the game took in the series.

NOW! Here's what I've been wanting to get to. As most of us have established [and recognize], this next game will probably be a follow up to Twilight Princess. If so, I have a very strong hunch that rather than follow the same Link, it will be set a number of years into the future, where Ralis reigns as King Zora and plays a very vital role in the story. Let's look at his importance in TP. The Zora nation was displayed in much importance in the game, being:

a) within the same (Lanayru) province as Hyrule Castle
b) containing the last, and most important Spirit of Light (Lanayru), who revealed a heap of information in the game
c) Key plot points revolving around the late Queen Zora and the security of her son, Ralis

So, Ralis. You are tasked with saving him from certain, fish-out-of-water death by tracking down Ilia's scent. Hmm, isn't Ilia one of the main reasons that you're on this quest? She plays a vital role in that she's a potential love interest of Link's, and so it is she who leads him to save this child - not just any child - this heir to the Zora throne. But there is something truly peculiar about Ralis. Unlike Darbus, the big, brute leader of the Gorons, Ralis is a child, and has so much more room to grow. If it had not been for the hero, Link, Ralis would probably have died, and the Zora nation's royal blood would have ceased. Also, the fact that so much death had preceded his crowning as King, both of his father, the late King Zora (of OoT), and his mother's execution at the hands of Zant, Ralis certainly has an incredibly strong foundation to build his political and ruling ideals on. Not only does he know their death, but he too, came extremely close to it. The Zora depicted in Twilight Princess had an extremely spiritual aura to them, a mystical one that connotated a very distinct future.

If you'd like, look at the story of the Zora as a parallel to Shakespeare's Scottish play (I dare not say its name). Spoilers below for anyone that has not seen it or plans on reading it!

Macbeth (Zant) murders King Duncan (Queen Rutela) to take control of the throne (whose wife (King Zora) had assumably died prior to the story), forcing his children Malcolm (Ralis) and Donalbain to flee to both England (Kakariko) and Ireland, respectively. All in all, Malcolm is the only important one, as he returns in the end to take the throne. But he could not have done so without an errant who hailed from the same land as he, Macduff (Link). Lady Macbeth, who basically put Macbeth on the throne, can be seen as Ganon.
Ralis, I feel, will play an incredible role in the next Zelda.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It seems as if the Toon Link present in the games uses many different sacred swords. The Master Sword in Hyrule, the Four Sword in some Hyrule spin-off, and the Phantom Sword in [Termina-equivalent] Ocean.

Basically, Zelda is the "catalyst" to the series. She can't save the world, but she can surely help whoever will (and without her, the hero could not save the world). Inversely, if she were to side with s/he who wants to take over/destroy the world, then the hero is ****ed.

As far as the art style goes, I'd actually like to see a totally new, pseudo-realistic design in lieu of Twilight Princess and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. No, I don't want to necessarily see realistic cubism, but the sort of artistic deviation that the game took in the series.

NOW, here's what I've been wanting to get to. As most of us have established [and recognize], this next game will probably be a follow up to Twilight Princess. If so, I have a very strong hunch that rather than follow the same Link, it will be set a number of years into the future, where Ralis reigns as King Zora and plays a very vital role in the story. Let's look at his importance in TP. The Zora nation was displayed in much importance in the game, being:

a) within the same (Lanayru) province as Hyrule Castle
b) containing the last, and most important Spirit of Light (Lanayru), who revealed a heap of information in the game
c) Key plot points revolving around the late Queen Zora and the security of her son, Ralis

So, Ralis. You are tasked with saving him from certain, fish-out-of-water death by tracking down Ilia's scent. Hmm, isn't Ilia one of the main reasons that you're on this quest? She plays a vital role in that she's a potential love interest of Link's, and so it is she who leads him to save this child - not just any child - this heir to the Zora throne. But there is something truly peculiar about Ralis. Unlike Darbus, the big, brute leader of the Gorons, Ralis is a child, and has so much more room to grow. If it had not been for the hero, Link, Ralis would probably have died, and the Zora nation's royal blood would have ceased. Also, the fact that so much death had preceded his crowning as King, both of his father, the late King Zora (of OoT), and his mother's execution at the hands of Zant, Ralis certainly has an incredibly strong foundation to build his political and ruling ideals on. Not only does he know their death, but he too, came extremely close to it. The Zora depicted in Twilight Princess had an extremely spiritual aura to them, a mystical one that connotated a very distinct future.

If you'd like, look at the story of the Zora as a parallel to Shakespeare's Scottish play (I dare not say its name). Spoilers below for anyone that plans on reading it!

Macbeth (Zant) murders King Duncan (Queen Rutela) to take control of the throne (whose wife (King Zora) had assumably died prior to the story), forcing his children Malcolm (Ralis) and Donalbain to flee to both England (Kakariko) and Ireland, respectively. All in all, Malcolm is the only important one, as he returns in the end to take the throne. But he could not have done so without an errant who hailed from the same land as he, Macduff (Link). Lady Macbeth, who basically put Macbeth on the throne, can be seen as Ganon.

Ralis, I feel, will play an incredible role in the next Zelda.
Hm... that's pretty interesting. I'm a fan of the literature tie-ins. It makes it seem just so much more valid.

So, would it be right to say you expect the next Zelda to take the AoL route, i.e. a follow-up adventure set in Hyrule with a very different threat arising for Link to tackle? I personally would be fairly surprised if the next game stays in Hyrule, considering how they've said they want such a departure. It's quite possible, but I don't put it as most likely. We'll see, though. They've got quite a world to build off of.

Also, is Ralis's father THE King Zora? I wondered, but thought there was more time in between, and that it was a descendant.

Darkslash

Smash Master
BLACK IT OUT BLACK IT OUT!!THE ANALOGIESSS.

*ahem* there is a spoiler tag. Of course I finished Macbeth*yay for untimely ripped morality balancing antagonists* but now I'm doing Analogies, which I'm good at..so no spoilers on analogies.

Ralis does seem like an important character now that you think about it. He does also help you indirectly get the first mirror shard, in a place with out his help you wouldn't even get with out the fish. So Ralis indirectly helps save Hyrule and the Twilight Realm.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I really don't know about Ralis. You certainly went deep lol. Then you could say that the Occa will have an important role, since the link to the Hylian Family was established once again. Or maybe another Sheikah tribe could be in progress, since Link saved Impaz.

Who knows really

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also, is Ralis's father THE King Zora? I wondered, but thought there was more time in between, and that it was a descendant.
Yeah he is. I'll find the interview for you where Aonuma clarifies it. Here.

His name is King Do Bon Zora III.

I love the fact that they revealed new information about a character from OoT. Just goes to show that they really can't get away from that game.
Or maybe another Sheikah tribe could be in progress, since Link saved Impaz.
I like this idea a lot.
Thinking about it more clearly, why aren't the Dekus and Kokiris in the game?
Did they evolve, as in WW? If so where are they?
My theory is that the Kokiri evolved into the "monkeys" present in TP. To support that, they are still very childish, and live in The Forest Temple (which is the long-since-dead Great Deku Tree). Come on, its doors have the Kokiri symbol on them! I believe the Kokiri to merely be forest spirits that [through fate] take the form of the most suitable and helpful beings to help Link accomplish what he must. In OoT, they appeared to be children, so Link would grow up comfortably, feeling as if he were one of them. In WW, they were Koroks, a hollow, wood-based sprite species, who drifted through the wind, giving Link the ability to do so also. In TP, they were monkeys, who without, Link could not successfully navigate the Great Deku Tree.

As for the Deku Scrubs (because the Deku Baba and Deku Like were present), I have no idea. Perhaps they retreated to a deeper part of the woods?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Didn't the great Deku tree die in OoT?

or is that only in the original timeline?
Yes it died in OoT, which is why it was so overrun in TP.

I suppose it can be assumed that Armogohma is a descendent of Queen Gohma from OoT, seeing as how the Temple of Time is geographically located so close to the Great Deku Tree.

Also, it may be safe to say that the giant [snapped], dead tree at Lake Hylia (particularly at the top of the rock where Lanayru's shrine is) is probably the tree seen in Lake Hylia in OoT (I think Kaepora rests on its limb at one point). If this is true, its enormous size may reveal that it too was a Deku Tree, but not the Great Deku Tree.
A new Deku tree was born...

And pretty interesting. Never thought of the monkeys. Lol evolution going backwards.
No, there is no baby Deku Tree, because he did not exist when Link was young. He grows up to be The Great Deku tree in Wind Waker, because that's the timeline that he's present in (you meet him when you're Adult Link). However, I think he was planted when you were Young Link in OoT, so that at least yields him the possibility of growth. Perhaps, however, he died early on? Who knows.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Then you could say that the Occa will have an important role, since the link to the Hylian Family was established once again. Or maybe another Sheikah tribe could be in progress, since Link saved Impaz.
The bird people? Yes I believe they are important. Seeing as they are considered the creators of Hyilians.

But the Sheikah Tribe could be revived, but not in a way like the old Sheikah. There could be many descendants with Sheikah blood as well. Madame Fanadi, as one. She has red eyes, the Sheikah eye is on her forehead and she has powers of prophecy. She also has sense of chivalry or right that was displayed by Impa and Sheik, in a small way. If you choose an option that cannot be done like "love(heart pieces)" she'll give you back your 10 rupees. Now that may not be big, but it shows that she at least tells the truth and is truthful.

Zelda possibly has Sheikah blood. Why did she turn into a Sheikah and not some other race? Because she has Sheikah blood in her. She could of turned into a Goron(lol) or a Zora(wut?) or even a regular human(easiest) but instead she turned into a Sheikah. It possible that its easy to turn into a race that your DNA with magic in the Legend of Zelda world. Because she didn't have Goron,Zora or Human DNA she couldn't turn into those races. But she did turn into a Sheikah. Of course if some one is going to counter this with Link turning into a Rabbit or Wolf, it was more of a personality in a different realm.

Any ways back to the Zelda/Sheikah. Zelda wears the Sheikah eye in TP. Its possible that to any one that remembers or is a Sheikah, that she is one of them. The Sheikah were almost wiped out in OoT, but 117( I assume) years is a long time to spread some DNA and backstory.

I dunno maybe what I wrote was mere bullsh*t

Skrah

Smash Ace
No no no, you are absolutely right. Sheikah blood could well be in a part of Hylian's population. Not pure, but blood nevertheless.

What would be totally awesome would be to have a Sheik like friend in the next Zelda. Another mysterious Sheikah that helps you without no reason and turns out being a key to defeating the new threat.

Darkslash

Smash Master
HOLY **** I JUST NOTICED.

IF any one remembers the Zelda=Pirate=Ninja thing, it just smacked me in the head. Compare the skin tones and hair color of Sheik and Tetra. They are on similar shades. Also they are both for similar looking Zelda's. WTF

Spire

III
BRoomer
The bird people? Yes I believe they are important. Seeing as they are considered the creators of Hyilians.

But the Sheikah Tribe could be revived, but not in a way like the old Sheikah. There could be many descendants with Sheikah blood as well. Madame Fanadi, as one. She has red eyes, the Sheikah eye is on her forehead and she has powers of prophecy. She also has sense of chivalry or right that was displayed by Impa and Sheik, in a small way. If you choose an option that cannot be done like "love(heart pieces)" she'll give you back your 10 rupees. Now that may not be big, but it shows that she at least tells the truth and is truthful.

Zelda possibly has Sheikah blood. Why did she turn into a Sheikah and not some other race? Because she has Sheikah blood in her. She could of turned into a Goron(lol) or a Zora(wut?) or even a regular human(easiest) but instead she turned into a Sheikah. It possible that its easy to turn into a race that your DNA with magic in the Legend of Zelda world. Because she didn't have Goron,Zora or Human DNA she couldn't turn into those races. But she did turn into a Sheikah. Of course if some one is going to counter this with Link turning into a Rabbit or Wolf, it was more of a personality in a different realm.

Any ways back to the Zelda/Sheikah. Zelda wears the Sheikah eye in TP. Its possible that to any one that remembers or is a Sheikah, that she is one of them. The Sheikah were almost wiped out in OoT, but 117( I assume) years is a long time to spread some DNA and backstory.

I dunno maybe what I wrote was mere bullsh*t
No, I find this all to be very true. Well written, Darkslash. I smell no bullsh*t here :)
No no no, you are absolutely right. Sheikah blood could well be in a part of Hylian's population. Not pure, but blood nevertheless.

What would be totally awesome would be to have a Sheik like friend in the next Zelda. Another mysterious Sheikah that helps you without no reason and turns out being a key to defeating the new threat.
Or turns out to be the threat all along. How's that for a twist?

Skrah

Smash Ace
Do I smell a Dark Link?

Seriously that would be amazing, fighting the Sheikah guy. But I just don't figure him as the last boss. He'd be too ninja like and stuff, just can't imagine it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Do I smell a Dark Link?

Seriously that would be amazing, fighting the Sheikah guy. But I just don't figure him as the last boss. He'd be too ninja like and stuff, just can't imagine it.
Yeah, I don't even like Dark Link. I'm not a big fan of "darkside" versions of protagonists (not even Dark Samus).

Ganon is awesome because he's the quintessential "epic evil badass". He just works. Majora was awesome because it was the quintessential "what the ****". Vaati is our Sheikah villain, come to think of it, and Bellum was basically Majora.

We're going to need someone completely different.

Come to think of it, does Phantom Hourglass seem like Wind Waker's Majora's Mask? It's based in a possibly parallel ocean to that featured in Wind Waker, potentially over a flooded Termina. The antagonist, Bellum, is extremely similar to Majora, being a corrupting fiend (with way-too-similar eyes) that
takes over Linebeck, just as Majora controlled Skull Kid, to do its evil deeds

Regardless, Phantom Hourglass sucked, and Majora's Mask rocked.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes it died in OoT, which is why it was so overrun in TP.

I suppose it can be assumed that Armogohma is a descendent of Queen Gohma from OoT, seeing as how the Temple of Time is geographically located so close to the Great Deku Tree.

Also, it may be safe to say that the giant [snapped], dead tree at Lake Hylia (particularly at the top of the rock where Lanayru's shrine is) is probably the tree seen in Lake Hylia in OoT (I think Kaepora rests on its limb at one point). If this is true, its enormous size may reveal that it too was a Deku Tree, but not the Great Deku Tree.

No, there is no baby Deku Tree, because he did not exist when Link was young. He grows up to be The Great Deku tree in Wind Waker, because that's the timeline that he's present in (you meet him when you're Adult Link). However, I think he was planted when you were Young Link in OoT, so that at least yields him the possibility of growth. Perhaps, however, he died early on? Who knows.
The second great Deku tree only grows in Adult Link's timeline, which is Wind Waker's games.

It begins to grow after you clear the Forest Temple of evil in OoT as adult Link, Link never planted any seeds or anything.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well, maybe it's because my first fight with Dark Link was in OoT, but I think that he deserves to be in the next game. Maybe as a boss, or sub boss, or whatever. I mean, he being the sub boss of the water temple was amazing. I expected some water based monster, but oh surprise. It was an epic battle.

Although I gotta agree with you on the Ganon and Majora's thing. Vaati was not so good. Yeah PH is pretty much OoT's MM counterpart of WW, if that made any sense to ya.

For some reason, I didn't enjoy TP's final battle much. Beast ganon was pretty boring, and the music was horrible. I liked the horse fight and the sword fight a bit more, but I guess that it wasn't what I expected of the final fight. Also, plenty of cheap tricks, like the fishing rod trick on the sword fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom