• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
10) Make Link female - Initially, Zelda fanboys cry out against this idea. Though upon more thought, it's not impossible. No Zelda game says that Link and Zelda have to be male and female. Their spirits are eternally reborn, but not their anatomy. This would have no real change on gameplay, but it would be an interesting change to the expirience.
O rly?

5) Upgradeable weaponry - Aren't we a bit tired of Zelda still lagging behind as an adventure game? If we could bring in some more RPG elements into it such as upgrading armor and swords, it would make the game all the better! Adding certain stones to upgrade your magic meter, maybe reinforcing the metal to be able to give you a bit more power with your sword. All this could make Zelda have an even more deep expirience.
Silver Arrow's, Golden Sword,Razor Sword and Gilded Sword say HY
aaaa

4) Take out the Master Sword - Maybe Link could change his specialty from a sword to an axe? A mace? A bow? Maybe even a magic wand? Making Link's weapon specialty entirely different from what we've seen before will have a great effect on the franchise.
We ended up with a game called Phantom Hourglass and WE all know how that ended up...but we also got Majora mask as well..
3) Good/Evil system - Though I hate this more than making Link talk, it would certainly shake up the franchise quite a bit. Instead of the hero of Hyrule, what if Link were to become Ganon's right hand man in conquering the world? Maybe he even kills Ganon to take his rightful place as dictator? With the amount of effect it had on the expirience in games such as KOTOR, this might be the next big thing for Zelda.
Love this idea! Turn Link from his green clothes and replace them with dark armor....:)
2) Zelda MMORPG - At one point, this has crossed every Zelda fan's mind. Needless to say, Zelda, Link, and Ganon would be off limits as playable characters for this, but the option to be a Hylian soldier or a Dark Mage training under Twinrova is just to good to pass up. The only way I would be mad at this change is if it came before a Pokemon MMORPG.
This

1) Move Zelda to a New Timeperiod - C'mon, Aonuma! We've been stuck in the middle ages for well... ages! Why can't we have a Future Zelda? Why can't we have a Zelda set in a colonial period of time? Why can't we have a Zelda in a moder period of time? We've been messing around back in the middle ages for way to long.
*sees link with gun* OHHH SHI-- If he's awesome with a arrow he's deadly with a gun.

A_man13

Smash Master
*sees link with a gun*
*shots himself*

Seriously, if they were in some weird dimension where there weren't grenades and guns then I'd be fine with the idea. Maybe the enemies could have grenades and guns and link couldn't because "the hero of time can't touch those things". Though that seems pretty lame =/

-:bowser:Bowser King
Then what do you think about bombs. Aren't they even slightly like grenades?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Link with a gun is doable. As long as this doesn't replace the Master Sword as his main weapon, a gun could be the bow of this game.

It could bring in some first-person shooter segments which would make Miyamoto happy because LoZ was originally supposed to be an FPA.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'll only post one for now, because I'm too lazy to think up and justify nine more.

1. Let an another team have a crack at the franchise.

The Zelda and Mario teams seem like they're tightly under Nintendo's thumb, and while that lends itself to generally insane quality control it hasn't allowed the Zelda franchise to spread its wings try something new. Give it the Metroid treatment and have an American studio give it a once over--hell, let Retro Studios do it. Or Factor 5, we know they can push out amazing Nintendo products when it comes right down to it. And if they really want to keep it Japanese, have Camelot Software Planning (of Golden Sun) or Monolith Soft (of Xenogears) do it. EAD Group 3 has become the in-house Zelda babymakers, and I think they're getting a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, and can no longer examine the franchise from an outsider's perspective. FRESH BLOOD!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
10) Make Link female - Initially, Zelda fanboys cry out against this idea. Though upon more thought, it's not impossible. No Zelda game says that Link and Zelda have to be male and female. Their spirits are eternally reborn, but not their anatomy. This would have no real change on gameplay, but it would be an interesting change to the expirience.
:link:
In theory, it's possible, but you know it's never going to happen. I honestly wouldn't like this either. A no no no for me.

9) Have a few Tingle-based minigames - Think about it. In the same vein that Mario 64 DS had a few minigames to take up some time, why not the next Zelda? These are not part of the main quest, but it gives the Tingle fans something to be happy about, and it wouldn't hurt the main game in any way.
YES! I support this 100%. Tingle did hold that mini-game thing in Four Swords I believe, but his own thing would be awesome! I hate how they sort of neglected him in Twilight Princess and gave Purlo as a spin-off.
Heck, he wasn't even in Phantom Hourglass, Wind Wakers sequel(which was arguably his biggest role in Zelda). *Fun fact*
All he had in Phantom was a tiny picture of him in a bar on the first Island.

Anyways, I support this. His fanbase has grown noticeably larger as well.

8) Let Link talk - As much as I hate the idea, this would cause some major changes to the franchise. Just, if Nintendo DOES do this, please don't give us another CD-i level voice fail for Link.
Let's not let him. I doubt Link will ever get the idea of talking from Nintendo since Ol' Philps. El oh el.
But, I do support the surrounding characters with voice. Kind of like Metroid Prime 3.
I'm not sure about Zelda, but I am DYING to know how Nintendo would make Ganondorf sound. Anyone?

7) Bring together all three worlds of Zelda - Hyrule, the Great Sea, and Termina. Though timeline whores will initially complain about this, Aonuma and Miyamoto aren't stupid. They could come up with something about how the Goddesses had to bring the parallel universes into one to strike down Ganon.
The Great Sea is just a flooded Hyrule, with land built above it. I don't see how you'd connect it unless it's one of those time things like Wind Wakers 'going back to Hyrule' sequence. Which, by the way, was very memorable. Foolish of Nintendo to not let you go to the two Ocarina of Time Temples though.

6) Zelda RTS - A nice take-off from the franchise, the Stone Tower Temple has already had a lot of discussion about this. Pretty much, you choose one 'hero' character (Link, Zelda, or Ganon if you're playing the evil side) and they each have their own pros, cons, and special abilities. You train and use your troops against the enemies to go through the campaign.
Yeah, the talk sounded pretty cool in there.
I don't know...if it happens, I'll get it. Hopefully it's planned out good. I wouldn't like it just like a regular RTS. I would want mixed aspects, sort of making it a different genre.

I say 3-D Zelda RPG is kind of what I imagine. But with mixed aspects so it kind of bends the formula with mixtures of both.

5) Upgradeable weaponry - Aren't we a bit tired of Zelda still lagging behind as an adventure game? If we could bring in some more RPG elements into it such as upgrading armor and swords, it would make the game all the better! Adding certain stones to upgrade your magic meter, maybe reinforcing the metal to be able to give you a bit more power with your sword. All this could make Zelda have an even more deep expirience.
A few were already pointed out for this.

I agree though. A little more added variety would do the series good.

4) Take out the Master Sword - Maybe Link could change his specialty from a sword to an axe? A mace? A bow? Maybe even a magic wand? Making Link's weapon specialty entirely different from what we've seen before will have a great effect on the franchise.
We all know the Master Sword has been removed in a couple of games, and wasn't the main weapon.
I like the sword as a main weapon. It suits him well. That's why we have sub-weapons. Example; Megaton Hammer, Ball and Chain(didn't like it), etc.

3) Good/Evil system - Though I hate this more than making Link talk, it would certainly shake up the franchise quite a bit. Instead of the hero of Hyrule, what if Link were to become Ganon's right hand man in conquering the world? Maybe he even kills Ganon to take his rightful place as dictator? With the amount of effect it had on the expirience in games such as KOTOR, this might be the next big thing for Zelda.
Eh, I'm not too big on this at all. The only way I can even see this happening is if it isn't a traditional Zelda formula, and more into the RPG/RTS mix.

2) Zelda MMORPG - At one point, this has crossed every Zelda fan's mind. Needless to say, Zelda, Link, and Ganon would be off limits as playable characters for this, but the option to be a Hylian soldier or a Dark Mage training under Twinrova is just to good to pass up. The only way I would be mad at this change is if it came before a Pokemon MMORPG.
I guess so. I never been a fan much fro MMORPG's, or RPG's for that matter. Maybe, but I doubt this'll happen for some reason.

1) Move Zelda to a New Timeperiod - C'mon, Aonuma! We've been stuck in the middle ages for well... ages! Why can't we have a Future Zelda? Why can't we have a Zelda set in a colonial period of time? Why can't we have a Zelda in a moder period of time? We've been messing around back in the middle ages for way to long.
The problem with this is if it's in the future, the demand of guns will be there, and I do belive it was said the new Zelda won't have guns/be a FPA...I think Spire III gave us that proof as well.
I don't approve of guns in Zelda, honestly. Future placing, why not? But, it depends how far and if we are going by real life timeline standards.

Simple. Make another Oot.
El oh el so true.
Thing is, they've tried. . .somewhat. That's what Twilight Princess was supposed to be, but that obviously failed.

Puddin

Smash Lord

El oh el so true.
Thing is, they've tried. . .somewhat. That's what Twilight Princess was supposed to be, but that obviously failed.

Then they shouldn't have made Oot of time so good so they didn't have to meet such High Expectations. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'll only post one for now, because I'm too lazy to think up and justify nine more.

1. Let an another team have a crack at the franchise.

The Zelda and Mario teams seem like they're tightly under Nintendo's thumb, and while that lends itself to generally insane quality control it hasn't allowed the Zelda franchise to spread its wings try something new. Give it the Metroid treatment and have an American studio give it a once over--hell, let Retro Studios do it. Or Factor 5, we know they can push out amazing Nintendo products when it comes right down to it. And if they really want to keep it Japanese, have Camelot Software Planning (of Golden Sun) or Monolith Soft (of Xenogears) do it. EAD Group 3 has become the in-house Zelda babymakers, and I think they're getting a bit of Stockholm Syndrome, and can no longer examine the franchise from an outsider's perspective. FRESH BLOOD!
Factor 5 is 3rd party so that could potentially give away the Zelda franchise onto other platforms..MAYBE i'm not sure. Maybe another director would be the best solution because they been Anomura for how long now?

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Factor 5 is 3rd party so that could potentially give away the Zelda franchise onto other platforms..MAYBE i'm not sure. Maybe another director would be the best solution because they been Anomura for how long now?
Factor 5 was formerly a Nintendo 2nd Party studio, so it would only be a simple contract for a one-game exclusive deal. They've been extensively rumored to be the developers of the Wii Kid Icarus game...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
They've been extensively rumored to be the developers of the Wii Kid Icarus game...
Which just so happens to look terrible, if the concept art for Pit is anything to go by.

Kid Icarus =/= God of War

Also don't forget that Factor 5 is the same house that gave us the sh*t-bomb that is Lair. :dizzy:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah, but what about Rogue Squadron? The first game was brilliant, and the second was incredibly good-looking, but otherwise not nearly as good as the original.

And Rebel Strike was absolute crap. So, no, I don't think they'd be the company for the job.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Still plenty more developers under the Nintendo banner to take the helm. I'd personally love to see Monolith Soft do it, because Baten Kaitos was obnoxiously gorgeous--if a bit goofy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nintendo really shouldn't have sold RARE. They'd be a perfect candidate to inherit the Zelda series.

Now, as for a reasonable team. I'd like to see either:
  • Team Ico - "Ico", "Shadow of the Colossus"; the art direction and design in the games they make is very profound, and while being of the fantasy sort, holds a truly unique feel and experience unlike any other. Zelda is not generic, and this team could do a wonderful job at interpreting and crafting the Zelda series into something unlike anything else.
  • Retro Studios - "Metroid Prime series"; known for taking a well known and loved Nintendo series and transcribing it into a form never before seen; very risky, yet with a wonderful art direction and innovation in gameplay, taking all of the raw elements present in the past Metroid games and revitalizing them in a fresh and new form.
  • Capcom - "Oracle of Ages/Seasons", "Monster Hunter series"; imagine crossing those titles - Zelda meets Monster Hunter. Epic. I think the imagination can do more than enough justice for this idea.
  • Bethesda Softworks - "Elder Scrolls series"; a bit risky posting them, and while they have produced extraordinary and terrible content within their games, they are known for revitalizing and reinterpreting 'dead' game series (such as Star Trek and Fallout). If Zelda was handed to them, it would be a large enough burden to take the incredible lore-based elements found in Morrowind, and the gameplay elements found in Oblivion and further explored in Fallout to produce a new Zelda experience. Again, they are definitely not the best candidate, but they'd do far better than many others. However, if Nintendo was desperate enough to reach out to Bethesda, Zelda would probably be dead to them at that point.
And that's that. Discussional purposes aside, I feel that Team Ico, Retro, and Capcom would definitely make good candidates to pick up the Zelda series.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pretty much this. But if that were to happen, everything walking would have double-D breasts.

Mine ideas are (in order from most changing to least changing, except for two and one which are tied):

9) Have a few Tingle-based minigames - Think about it. In the same vein that Mario 64 DS had a few minigames to take up some time, why not the next Zelda? These are not part of the main quest, but it gives the Tingle fans something to be happy about, and it wouldn't hurt the main game in any way.

8) Let Link talk - As much as I hate the idea, this would cause some major changes to the franchise. Just, if Nintendo DOES do this, please don't give us another CD-i level voice fail for Link.

7) Bring together all three worlds of Zelda - Hyrule, the Great Sea, and Termina. Though timeline whores will initially complain about this, Aonuma and Miyamoto aren't stupid. They could come up with something about how the Goddesses had to bring the parallel universes into one to strike down Ganon.

6) Zelda RTS - A nice take-off from the franchise, the Stone Tower Temple has already had a lot of discussion about this. Pretty much, you choose one 'hero' character (Link, Zelda, or Ganon if you're playing the evil side) and they each have their own pros, cons, and special abilities. You train and use your troops against the enemies to go through the campaign.

Wow, I agree with making Link female. I don't know why, but I think it would be awesome to see link as a female as well, even if it would be a little weird.

I wouldn't mind an MMORPG of it either, and I would definetly like to see Hylian Soldiers and Dark mages in this. Also I would like to see more classes, maybe there would be a Goron class, well not a goron class, but something like that. (Maybe the Goron would be a berserker or something, with a big axe). A zora could be a white mage, and I would prefer my white mage to be female, sort of like Yuna from FF10. ;3 Also, a hero class, which would be the main character, would probaly be LIKE link, but not him.

Bringing the worlds together are fine, i'm sure there would be a way. For example, the light world and the dark world, were to different worlds, but linked together somehow. Maybe the triforce could have something to do with this.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Bumping this thread with something interesting.

Anybody heard the original Fire Temple theme? Just in case anybody here hasn't, it was almost the same thing, but with different chants. These chants were replaced in later versions because they were believed to be chanting,"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah."

Is this seriously true? Discuss.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bumping this thread with something interesting.

Anybody heard the original Fire Temple theme? Just in case anybody here hasn't, it was almost the same thing, but with different chants. These chants were replaced in later versions because they were believed to be chanting,"I bear witness that there is no god but Allah."

Is this seriously true? Discuss.
Somewhat true. I do not believe the "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah" to be true, but I know for a fact that it was loosely based off of Islamic chants, and hence, Muslims complained that it was offensive to include such similar chants in a video game format (or something of the like). All in all, Nintendo was just trying to create an interesting atmosphere for the Fire Temple and some Muslims were offended.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
....Who here likes WW? My favorite Zelda game. IMO, WW>MM=OoT>TP. WW had the best story of them all, the final boss was my favorite video game fight of all time (followed by MP3 with the Ridley shaft fight and the MP1 Omega Pirate) and the art style was really something else.

MM is the most realistic fantasy (oxymoron) game I've ever played. It was just so unique, if it were released today I bet you it'd have done well. I cared about the game, everyone had a life and they were all in despair with the moon and such.

OoT? I started that game when I was 3 years old and beat it when I was 6. Now, call me a p***y, but sometimes I cry when I think about OoT. It's just such an amazing game and it and Mario 64 started it all for me. I can just never relive those gaming moments like when I first beat Morpha with all my cousins cheering me on, or walking aimlessly through the Forest Temple as my mom fed me my dinner.

TP... when I first beat it, I thought it was the best Zelda game. I think about it now though... And I realize that it was amazing, but not as much as I thought it was. While the art style is incredible, it isn't as good as WW's. The story is amazing too and has it's plot twists, but it's cliched and Link doesn't have much of a personality or motive. The dungeons, while plentiful, pale in comparison to MM's masterful and intricate dungeons. And, like OoT, the final dungeon is by far the most disappointing. Also, what the ****. The combat was easy in WW, but at least you could die there. I liked it in OoT when you could take 4 hearts from one attack. Now you take 1/2 a heart from Ganon's beast form? What the hell. However, TP was extremely cinematic and I found myself caring a lot. I mean, my grandmother compared the escorting sequence later in the game to Zorro (we're a Hispanic family).

All in all, the 3D Zelda's are amongst my favorite games ever, especially WW and OoT.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'd have to agree with pretty much everything you said, except for Wind Waker being better than Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. It's more like WW=MM=OoT.

They're all awesome.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Wind Waker was great. Link needs to weild hammers 3 times his size more often.

The Nintendo Gallery was one of the few video game side-quests I actually found enjoyable.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Wind Waker was great. Link needs to weild hammers 3 times his size more often.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's just hilarious. Ball and Chain semi-granted your wish. Seriously, WW is tied with Mass Effect and Metroid Prime for my favorite games of all time.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I'm one of those weird people who liked TP more than OoT. TP seemed so much more epic. I also enjoyed TP's music better (though Gerudo Valley's music was insanely good).

In OoT, the temples were much harder, especially that water temple. I got past it in a bout 3 hours my first time, but it may have just been luck in my path choosing.

But, as lame as it may sound, graphics are very important to me (hence Wii isn't the only current-gen system I own) and that made TP all the much better. My only TP complaint is that Zant turned out to be lame (when you first met him you are like "wow this dude is BA" and then you see him without his mask >_> ).

Yeah.
I can beat twilight princess with my eyes closed. Whats wrong with difficulty? Its hard to see that this day in age for first party nintendo games.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
MM>>>>>all

a sequel should be made to MM. It would have **** written all over it.

The favorite part of all Zelda 3D games FOR ME was the town. The town in MM *****. Multiple characters doing different things on the three days. this is why the three day system = ****. In all other games there is only a night and day setting...IN MM there was a night and day setting for all three days. Making character development and side quests uber fun. The town in WW was good too but not MM level.

OoT was a good game but basically MM is the better sequel.

Having only 4 QUALITY temples is fine. This is where TP ****ed it up. the temples got so monotonous and boring after a while. It was like going through levels.

SIDE QUESTS FTW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POhGCEC4gN4 <****ing epic ****

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
I am such a Zelda fanboy....IMO the best were:

OoT (it might just be nostalgia glasses though)
WW
LttP
MM (even though I didnt beat it)
LoZ
TP
OoA/OoS
MC & FSA
Link's Awakening (havent beaten this either)
AoL (I HATE THIS GAME)

I havent bought PH yet (college is expensive), is it good?

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
I don't understand why nobody liked Twilight Princess better. People say that they loved Ocarina Of Time, yet somehow they don't like Twilight Princess? It's the same game! I, for one, enjoyed it... It was more of Ocarina Of Time, only now I got to be a wolf! Who would NOT want to play 40 more hours of more, original Ocarina Of Time?! And don't give me any crud about it being easier; it's just as easy, you're older and more experienced at video games.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
OoT has nostalgia to back it up. Twilight Princess didn't have the same charm and feel as OoT. OoT is turning ten years old this month and the game has aged really well.

Ocarina just felt more like Zelda to me. Both are very good games, though.

And Twilight Princess isn't 40 hours longer than OoT, even with 100 percent completion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't understand why nobody liked Twilight Princess better. People say that they loved Ocarina Of Time, yet somehow they don't like Twilight Princess? It's the same game! I, for one, enjoyed it... It was more of Ocarina Of Time, only now I got to be a wolf! Who would NOT want to play 40 more hours of more, original Ocarina Of Time?! And don't give me any crud about it being easier; it's just as easy, you're older and more experienced at video games.
Actually, I like TP just as much as OoT. Although, I liked WW more than TP because it seemed a bit more original then TP. Tp reminded me alot of OoT, which was awesome, and I loved it. Water temple this time around wasn't annoying. I loved it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel I should post in this thread...just because.

My top Zelda games are:

1. OoT
2. Wind Waker
3. Majoras Mask
4. ALttP

I could keep going but it gets harder after this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LttP is the best. :3 Also, I loved Oracle of Seasons/Ages. Minish Cap, don't forget that one! :3

I sadly didn't play PH.

So, my question is, what is next?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well... I didn't devote every waking hour to a video game, sorry. :p
Neither do I. I'm just stating what the people who like OoT have said in the past. You said you didn't understand and I'm just trying to give you an answer. There's nothing wrong about liking something. (Hopefully this post didn't sound too rude)

Cd-i is the best.
"I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorock!"

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
If it was the same game, it would be more appreciated. The fact that it tried to be like Ocarina of Time, with memorable scenes/aspects, it didn't do it right. Do I like the game? Yes. But it's not on Ocarina of Times level.

And, it IS easier. My friend beat Twilight Princess then Ocarina of Time(TP was 1st Zelda he played), and he thought Ocarina was much harder. Twilight is just longer.

OoT has nostalgia to back it up. Twilight Princess didn't have the same charm and feel as OoT. OoT is turning ten years old this month and the game has aged really well.

Ocarina just felt more like Zelda to me. Both are very good games, though.

And Twilight Princess isn't 40 hours longer than OoT, even with 100 percent completion.
Twilight Princess' fault was probably the expectation Nintendo wanted to have comparing to Ocarina of Time. Again, it was good and had memorable moments(TEMPLE OF TIME!), but it wasn't there.

I beat Twilight in my first playthrough in 33-37 hours. I don't remember, but it's not 40+ on Ocarina.

I feel I should post in this thread...just because.

My top Zelda games are:

1. OoT
2. Wind Waker
3. Majoras Mask
4. ALttP

I could keep going but it gets harder after this.
O_o
Hylian...you made the right choice in posting here. ^_^

I say Majora's Mask > Wind Waker, in personal opinion.

Cd-i is the best.
El oh el @ Ol' Philips.

@Cheif Mendez:
I have finished the Trophy Galery in Wind Waker. Spoiler below doesn't really SPOIL anything..but still.
Believe you me, if you don't know what you get when you get all of them, it's not worth it.

Hey guys! It's been a while. Internet is being dumb. >_>

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Eh well, good points. I just figured it was easy 'cause I got better. Sorry.

It was much longer than OoT, that is obvious. And, to me, I liked that. I was--excuse me, I AM a huge fan of Ocarina Of Time, and will forever think of Twilight Princess as the best thing to happen to a fan like me.

Although, I've only played it on GameCube. I'm hesitant to get the Wii game (I don't own it, which I would like to rectify), 'cause I don't know if the Wii controls ruin the gameplay or not.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
"I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorock!"
"There is no time! Your SWORD is enough!"

Eh well, good points. I just figured it was easy 'cause I got better. Sorry.

It was much longer than OoT, that is obvious. And, to me, I liked that. I was--excuse me, I AM a huge fan of Ocarina Of Time, and will forever think of Twilight Princess as the best thing to happen to a fan like me.

Although, I've only played it on GameCube. I'm hesitant to get the Wii game (I don't own it, which I would like to rectify), 'cause I don't know if the Wii controls ruin the gameplay or not.
It doesn't ruin the gameplay, but for purists like me, making Link right-handed was annoying. If you've already played through the Zelda version, the only reason you may want the Wii version is for the Twilight Hack.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Majora's Mask

I know this might have been said a lot, but I feel they haven't used the story of Major's Mask to a great extent. I can't choose which is my most favorite out of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and maybe even Twilight Princss so i'm not going to choose, however, I (like so many other of my friends) had this feeling about Majora's Mask and it being incomplete and leaving so many questions. What was the full origin of Termina, Majora's mask, and the Fierce Deity Mask, etc? Leaving so many questions might have been one of the major reasons Majora's Mask was, in some to most cases, considered better than Ocarina of Time. It made fans create so many theories later on about it as well. Mostly good.

I feel they should make a sequal for Majora's Mask and explain a bit more about some of the origins, even if it shows little to no Link in it. However, I don't want it to completely crush most of the good theories people had about it to start. Either that or an official book would be nice.

The manga is good too.
http://zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I noticed I haven't really said which Zelda game is my favorite yet. :laugh:

Out of the whole series I enjoy A Link to the Past the most for the 2D side, and Ocarina of Time for the 3D side.

I really liked Twilight Princess, and I need to do another playthrough again. I got everything except for all the heart pieces and poes. Everything that I had done only took 15 hours my first time through. The dungeons felt shorter after each one I finished. That might be because I got absorbed into the game.

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are good as well. MM felt like classic Zelda which was a plus, and WW had a lot of emphasis on exploration. The only problems I had with WW would be the amount of dungeons and how some islands existed as one room dungeons.

The only Zelda games I haven't beaten are Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, the online Zelda game for the SNES, and the CD-I game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom