• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
After Beating the crap out of Ganondorf in TP I noticed something.

Ganondorf in Wind Waker last moments suited Twilight Princess better.

In Wind Waker his last words where

"The Wind it blows..." But did you really hear any wind? In Twilight Princess the Wind is howling in the back round alot.

In Twilight Princess it seems that Ganondorf got stabbed when he died. Alot like Ganondorf in Wind Waker!

Its speculation but i think the 2 gannondorfs have a bigger connection together.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ura Zelda was internationalized into Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Nothing special about it other than its name.
That's one theory.

Ura Zelda was first planned as a N64DD expansion to Ocarina of Time, and would have included new weapons, new dungeons (the name "Unicorn Fountain" floats around the internet a lot), and other slight expansions.

But the project was scrapped, and it's assumed that Master Quest is the end result...but there's really no proof of that, and I really like to think that Ninty once planned to make a "second quest" for the first 3D Zelda game.

Also, Windwaker Ganon > Twilight Princess Ganon

XACE-K

Smash Master
In Wind Waker his last words where

"The Wind it blows..." But did you really hear any wind? In Twilight Princess the Wind is howling in the back round alot.
I think "The wind, it blows" is supposed to mean something and not actually reference the actual wind. I'm guessing since WW Link is called the Hero of the Winds, that's what Ganon is referencing to. Really, it's supposed to mean the hero is here.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. Do you guys have any ideas what exactly happened with the N64DD expansion to OoT? I know that Master Quest is supposed to be the end result, but...

I still think that there was supposed to be something else there.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Fire temple=kick a$$.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the rumor that Nintendo is "Dumbing Down" the next LoZ? I think they need to do it to appeal to more casual gamers.
That's a horrible idea, LoZ games aren't hard in the first place, if anything they should make them a little tougher IMO

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
No. NO NO NO. Noobing up the series is NOT a good idea. It never is a good idea in any case. Games need challenge.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Is that even possible? Wasn't TP and (even more so) PH dumbed down enough for non gamers? Honestly, is it really so much to ask that people use their brains? or grow some? what ever may be the case.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah. Do you guys have any ideas what exactly happened with the N64DD expansion to OoT? I know that Master Quest is supposed to be the end result, but...

I still think that there was supposed to be something else there.
Nintendo had, at one point, announced two 64DD Zelda games. "Ura Zelda" and "Zelda Gaiden".

Ura = Basically a bunch of DLC put on a disk. You'd plug in the Ocarina of Time cartridge in the top of the 64, and insert the Ura disk in the bottom, and you could play an expanded game, with some new, tougher optional dungeons, some new items (I remember hearing that the Great Fairy Sword was thought up for this, but got shifted to Majora's Mask). Master Quest might be the end result of this project, but since MQ doesn't have anything expressly "new", this is a point that's been up for debate since MQ was announced.

Gaiden = This was a new, full game, not an expansion. There's very little known about this besides the fact that it eventually turned into Majora's Mask. :ohwell:

...And that's all I got.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, I believe that there is a code in OoT that allows you to obtain the great fairy sword, without using a gameshark. I don't remember where I read it though.

I'll post how to do it if I manage to find it.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Nintendo had, at one point, announced two 64DD Zelda games. "Ura Zelda" and "Zelda Gaiden".

Ura = Basically a bunch of DLC put on a disk. You'd plug in the Ocarina of Time cartridge in the top of the 64, and insert the Ura disk in the bottom, and you could play an expanded game, with some new, tougher optional dungeons, some new items (I remember hearing that the Great Fairy Sword was thought up for this, but got shifted to Majora's Mask). Master Quest might be the end result of this project, but since MQ doesn't have anything expressly "new", this is a point that's been up for debate since MQ was announced.

Gaiden = This was a new, full game, not an expansion. There's very little known about this besides the fact that it eventually turned into Majora's Mask. :ohwell:

...And that's all I got.
I'm pretty sure that was the case with that project. I doubt we'll ever get the real answer of this project, but we can(99.9% for the info we have)asume this was Masterquest.
*Don't remark on my percentage...*

Actually, I believe that there is a code in OoT that allows you to obtain the great fairy sword, without using a gameshark. I don't remember where I read it though.

I'll post how to do it if I manage to find it.
I never heard of the Great Fairy Sword rumors before.., but apparently you people have. I need direct proof before I give in to this..

.::Wind Waker Ganondorf > Twilight Princess anyday!::.

Oh and, Zelda should NOT be nerfed. I want all of them to have a Masterquest/secondquest esque as a standard..Zelda should NOT be easier then it is becoming now...if so, MAKE HARDER MODES NINTENDO!

Also, I honestly want to know what you guys think about Tingle. I obviously think he's cool.

*We don't need more Zook now..we just need, m o r e*

Darkslash

Smash Master
actually in Battle

Twilight Princess Ganondorf> Wind Waker.

His armor is impossible to damage. He has the Agility of Yoda, and his sword is a sword blessed by the Goddess.

But story wise its Wind Waker Ganondorf.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
actually in Battle

His armor is impossible to damage. He has the Agility of Yoda, and his sword is a sword blessed by the Goddess.

In other words, he's as slow as f*ck?[/soulcalibur iv joke]

Ganondorf, no doubt the greatest Nintendo villain. Ever. No doubt one of the greatest villains in overall Video Game history, for that matter.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Ganondorf, no doubt the greatest Nintendo villain. Ever. No doubt one of the greatest villains in overall Video Game history, for that matter.
Yea....

With his armor! Imagine him with out it? What is he going to be as fast as Sonic?

Yea Ganondorf>Spehiroth but Sephiroth is always the popular one...

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
actually in Battle

1: His face isn't.
2: That's a good thing(at least Yoda can jump real fast)?
3: Wind Waker version has two bad*** Samurai swords!

Very true, my friend.
Yea....

With his armor! Imagine him with out it? What is he going to be as fast as Sonic?

Yea Ganondorf>Spehiroth but Sephiroth is always the popular one...
Your pushing it with the Sonic bit...
Ganondorf > Sephiroth. Link > Cloud. Zelda > Final Fantasy.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The Wind Waker Ganondorf seems really chivalrous. He doesn't kill zelda he just slaps her.

But Twilight Princess...he is a Ahole.
True. He even tells Link he will not kill him...I still like him though..the main problem with the Twilight Ganondorf to me is his Ganon form..I liked the OoT version much more.

*off subject*
Epic!

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Twilight princess's ganondorf was a brooding vengeful being, bent on taking over at all costs.

The WW was more reflective. Instead of holding the bearers of the triforce in contempt like he has done before, he told them of his past and treated them relatively well, considering his past actions. He was merciful and understanding, trait that are so juxtaposed by his former personality that This is like a whole new character

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Yes, it is like a new character, but it worked well with the plot of Wind Waker and I grew fond of that behavior(albeit, a little more "Evil" wouldn't do us harm).
On the other side, though, the "Gonna beat you to death" Ganondorf suits his character so well..

I had this argument a long time ago(Mendez?), and I'll gladly bring it back up.

Skull Kid:
Ocarina of time- You befriend one, and give him the Skull Mask.
Majora's Mask- Main character. At the end, he says you smell like the "forest kid", giving evidence he is the same.
Twilight Princess- He is in the Sacred Grove, where he navigates you through a maze(Lost woods similarity).

Is he the same one from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask?

Darkslash

Smash Master
The most purely epic five seconds of your life

Barf! Gundam hasn't been good since the days before SEED
Hey noticed concentrated Epic? The true epic was the 7 minutes before that

Any ways

The Skull kid in TP also knows Saria's song. seeing the one in OoT also know's saria's song its possible that it the same one. Also it has the face of the Moon but not evil looking.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I had this argument a long time ago(Mendez?), and I'll gladly bring it back up.

Skull Kid:
Ocarina of time- You befriend one, and give him the Skull Mask.
Majora's Mask- Main character. At the end, he says you smell like the "forest kid", giving evidence he is the same.
Twilight Princess- He is in the Sacred Grove, where he navigates you through a maze(Lost woods similarity).

Is he the same one from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask?
Yes, I remember this well. I still maintain that the Twilight Princess Skull Kid is just a random Skull Kid. We know there are more than one of them, and that (probably) the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is one that Link meets in Ocarina, since he appears before Link prior to him being transported to Termina.

But not only does TP Skull Kid look much different, he also acts differently. The most obvious thing is the puppets, but there's also this little catch: Majora SK is in Termina. He never went back to Hyrule.

So you'd have to assume that he somehow, during the hundred-or-so years between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, got back to Hyrule. Which I don't buy.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I really doubt it's the same one, for one thing, he absolutely BUTCHERS Saria's Theme, It's so out of tune and the instrument that he uses really doesn't help at all.

He probably has connections with that skull kid, skull kids seem to be pretty sociable with each other, but there's no way that one knows link directly.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Fawful begs to differ.
Keep begging.

True. He even tells Link he will not kill him...I still like him though..the main problem with the Twilight Ganondorf to me is his Ganon form..I liked the OoT version much more.

*off subject*
Epic!
I would tend to say that the Gannondorf portrayed in Wind Waker is a more developed character, given that they expaned his backstory enough to give him motivations beyond simple megalomania, but the tradeoff is that he isn't as menacing. He's easier to understand, which I like, but he's less believable as a villain, because he never really makes the leap from misguided to evil. Compelling as a character, but underdeveloped as a villain, in my humble opinion.

Yes, I remember this well. I still maintain that the Twilight Princess Skull Kid is just a random Skull Kid. We know there are more than one of them, and that (probably) the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is one that Link meets in Ocarina, since he appears before Link prior to him being transported to Termina.

But not only does TP Skull Kid look much different, he also acts differently. The most obvious thing is the puppets, but there's also this little catch: Majora SK is in Termina. He never went back to Hyrule.

So you'd have to assume that he somehow, during the hundred-or-so years between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, got back to Hyrule. Which I don't buy.
I have to agree. I wouldn't so much eliminate the possibility that they are the same Skull Kid as point out the there is no necessity for them to be the same Skull Kid. There's really no reason for us to think they are. Now if in the next game, he shows up with a nice bit of dialogue regailing the tales of Heroes (of Time) past, or starts jabbering about extremely ugly giants with green mustaches, then there might be a case for it. As is, I'd chalk it up to one more re-imagined character to add to the list.

On a side note, hello forum. It's been awhile.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The rAt said:
I would tend to say that the Gannondorf portrayed in Wind Waker is a more developed character, given that they expaned his backstory enough to give him motivations beyond simple megalomania, but the tradeoff is that he isn't as menacing. He's easier to understand, which I like, but he's less believable as a villain, because he never really makes the leap from misguided to evil. Compelling as a character, but underdeveloped as a villain, in my humble opinion.
Well, we know he's evil. Unlike most "Ganondorfs", the one in Windwaker has explicitly tasted defeat (and a subsequent hundreds of years in isolation, under the waves of the Great Sea), and so is...more humble.

So it's not that he's lacking in killing intent or anything--he still wants to conquer the world and all...

You say he "never made the leap from misguided to evil". But remember, this is the same Ganon from Ocarina of Time, who had most definitely made said leap hundreds of years before Windwaker came around.

On a side note, it's good to see you again. I (vaguely) remember you from around a year or so ago.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

A lot of things look different between OoT/MM and TP. . .
But, here we go:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1rMBA1FVm8s/Re8_V_3EfZI/AAAAAAAAAAw/JPIyIPbqWuc/skullkid.jpg [Twilight Princess]
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06/Characters/SkullKid.jpg [Majora's Mask]
[Ocarina of Time] I didn't find one, but we should all know his face is all black shadow with glowing eyes.

Now, with this, I conclude that they merely "update" (per se) Skull kids form, from game to game.
OoT-MM: The face changed dramtically. From a shadowy form, to the wooden type that added a nose but kept the same eyes and clothing(scarecrow type).
MM-TP: They added(greatly)to the facial details, including a mouth and detailed eyes(pupils, etc.) But, they kept the Scarecrow look and gave him pipes. Nothing to do with Skull kid, but Majora's Mask itself.

We can't say for sure that he didn't go back to Hyrule(and vice versa). It is a possibility for either way due to the fact that he came from the Lost Woods(ala- Sacred Grove), into Termina, why not back?

Nintendo definitely needs an in-between game of Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

I really doubt it's the same one, for one thing, he absolutely BUTCHERS Saria's Theme, It's so out of tune and the instrument that he uses really doesn't help at all.

He probably has connections with that skull kid, skull kids seem to be pretty sociable with each other, but there's no way that one knows link directly.

The instrument he uses has connections from Majora's Mask. The Deku Pipes from the Deku Scrub. That isn't great, but it's all I got for this argument.
They merely switched Flute to Pipes.

Originally posted by: The rAT
I have to agree. I wouldn't so much eliminate the possibility that they are the same Skull Kid as point out the there is no necessity for them to be the same Skull Kid. There's really no reason for us to think they are. Now if in the next game, he shows up with a nice bit of dialogue regailing the tales of Heroes (of Time) past, or starts jabbering about extremely ugly giants with green mustaches, then there might be a case for it. As is, I'd chalk it up to one more re-imagined character to add to the list.

On a side note, hello forum. It's been awhile.
Sure, but speculation isn't so bad within itself.
I don't agree fully about your reasoning for proof, but I definitely agree that there needs to be an "explaining" Zelda game. I'm shooting for in between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

Hello. I remember you(vaguely). You gonna be sticking around this thread?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Omg i saw what i thought was shaped like Majora's Mask in the entrance to DM in TP. It almost looks like the left side(wearing it), but with extra spikes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Originally Posted by Zeldawiki.org

Since the release of the original game, Ganon has had different names which were and are often used interchangeably. In the first game, Ganon's name was misspelled Gannon. Note that this was only the case in the game and that the manual did use the correct name. As of today, some people still call him Gannon, which has inspired the site/term Gannon-Banned. Later, when A Link to the Past was released, Ganon's alter-ego Ganondorf was introduced. However, because Nintendo of America decided to give their own twist to the story in the translation, "Ganondorf" ended up with a last name: Ganondorf Dragmire. This name has only been used in the Western manuals of A Link to the Past for the SNES. Similarly, "Ganon" was given the name Mandrag Ganon, which supposedly means "Ganon of the Enchanted Thieves".
I hope that sums up the origin of Dragmire.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bumping the thread with a question:

What are the top ten ways to reinvent the Zelda franchise?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What are the top ten ways to reinvent the Zelda franchise?
10. Make it first-person.
9. Remove Link.
8. Set it in the future.
7. Make it a dating sim.
6. Give Zelda a bikini.
5. Put a Mario 64-style face minigame on the start screen (only with Tingle instead).
4. LET US KILL THE CHICKENS
3. ???
2. Hire the people in the Stone Tower Temple group to design it.
1. Let Philips make a sequel to Faces of Evil.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
.2. Hire the people in the Stone Tower Temple group to design it.
Pretty much this. But if that were to happen, everything walking would have double-D breasts.

Mine ideas are (in order from most changing to least changing, except for two and one which are tied):

10) Make Link female - Initially, Zelda fanboys cry out against this idea. Though upon more thought, it's not impossible. No Zelda game says that Link and Zelda have to be male and female. Their spirits are eternally reborn, but not their anatomy. This would have no real change on gameplay, but it would be an interesting change to the expirience.

9) Have a few Tingle-based minigames - Think about it. In the same vein that Mario 64 DS had a few minigames to take up some time, why not the next Zelda? These are not part of the main quest, but it gives the Tingle fans something to be happy about, and it wouldn't hurt the main game in any way.

8) Let Link talk - As much as I hate the idea, this would cause some major changes to the franchise. Just, if Nintendo DOES do this, please don't give us another CD-i level voice fail for Link.

7) Bring together all three worlds of Zelda - Hyrule, the Great Sea, and Termina. Though timeline whores will initially complain about this, Aonuma and Miyamoto aren't stupid. They could come up with something about how the Goddesses had to bring the parallel universes into one to strike down Ganon.

6) Zelda RTS - A nice take-off from the franchise, the Stone Tower Temple has already had a lot of discussion about this. Pretty much, you choose one 'hero' character (Link, Zelda, or Ganon if you're playing the evil side) and they each have their own pros, cons, and special abilities. You train and use your troops against the enemies to go through the campaign.

5) Upgradeable weaponry - Aren't we a bit tired of Zelda still lagging behind as an adventure game? If we could bring in some more RPG elements into it such as upgrading armor and swords, it would make the game all the better! Adding certain stones to upgrade your magic meter, maybe reinforcing the metal to be able to give you a bit more power with your sword. All this could make Zelda have an even more deep expirience.

4) Take out the Master Sword - Maybe Link could change his specialty from a sword to an axe? A mace? A bow? Maybe even a magic wand? Making Link's weapon specialty entirely different from what we've seen before will have a great effect on the franchise.

3) Good/Evil system - Though I hate this more than making Link talk, it would certainly shake up the franchise quite a bit. Instead of the hero of Hyrule, what if Link were to become Ganon's right hand man in conquering the world? Maybe he even kills Ganon to take his rightful place as dictator? With the amount of effect it had on the expirience in games such as KOTOR, this might be the next big thing for Zelda.

2) Zelda MMORPG - At one point, this has crossed every Zelda fan's mind. Needless to say, Zelda, Link, and Ganon would be off limits as playable characters for this, but the option to be a Hylian soldier or a Dark Mage training under Twinrova is just to good to pass up. The only way I would be mad at this change is if it came before a Pokemon MMORPG.

1) Move Zelda to a New Timeperiod - C'mon, Aonuma! We've been stuck in the middle ages for well... ages! Why can't we have a Future Zelda? Why can't we have a Zelda set in a colonial period of time? Why can't we have a Zelda in a moder period of time? We've been messing around back in the middle ages for way to long.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
4) Take out the Master Sword - Maybe Link could change his specialty from a sword to an axe? A mace? A bow? Maybe even a magic wand? Making Link's weapon specialty entirely different from what we've seen before will have a great effect on the franchise.
I think the main weapon should stay a sword. The thought of link taking out a mace or a bow to fight off monsters seems stupid. A sword is almost necessary to make a zelda game. Think about it. What if ,through the whole game, you didn't have a sword but a bow. That would completely change what the games would be based around. They'd become more of an shooter or puzzle solving game then an adventure.

3) Good/Evil system - Though I hate this more than making Link talk, it would certainly shake up the franchise quite a bit. Instead of the hero of Hyrule, what if Link were to become Ganon's right hand man in conquering the world? Maybe he even kills Ganon to take his rightful place as dictator? With the amount of effect it had on the expirience in games such as KOTOR, this might be the next big thing for Zelda.
This idea is one of my favourites. The only problem is that the zelda games have been known to have a solid story line. With the good and evil system your going to have to make more then one story line which could result in a failed attempt known as Shadow the Hedgehog.

1) Move Zelda to a New Timeperiod - C'mon, Aonuma! We've been stuck in the middle ages for well... ages! Why can't we have a Future Zelda? Why can't we have a Zelda set in a colonial period of time? Why can't we have a Zelda in a moder period of time? We've been messing around back in the middle ages for way to long.
*sees link with a gun*
*shots himself*

Seriously, if they were in some weird dimension where there weren't grenades and guns then I'd be fine with the idea. Maybe the enemies could have grenades and guns and link couldn't because "the hero of time can't touch those things". Though that seems pretty lame =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom