• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
ZREO is good, to be sure. BUt Koji Kondo is really impressive so I'm not complaining..
A little more epic wouldn't hurt though.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Its mighty epic. Thinking back THAT WAS THE BEST GANONDORF/Ganon fight ever. Though i think Twilight Princess post Ganon fight was the best.
Twilit Ganondorf was probably the best series of boss fights involving Ganon (possessed Zelda/Beast Ganon/Horseback fight/sword duel), but Windwaker Ganon is easily the best Ganondorf the series has seen. A villain that's despicable and sympathetic to that degree is ridiculously hard to come by.

Creo said:
A little more epic wouldn't hurt though.
But if that happens, then we'll be seeing something more like nyeh, and less like nyeh.

Which in my opinion would suck. A LOT.

Toon Kink

Smash Rookie
Majora's Mask is, without a doubt, the best Zelda game. When my grandmother bought me the first edition copy of the game the month it came out, I immediately tore it from its packaging and held the cartridge in both hands, trembling slightly. Looking at the holofoil cover of Link slashing his sword at the player, I fell to my knees under the sheer force of God's creation. My tears slowly cascading down the tiny ridges of the hologram, I turned my gaze to the Heavens and and whispered, barely audibly, "This is love."

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I actually prefer Wind Waker, then OoT. Majora's Mask is a close third, however.

I didn't like the beginning of the game. It was slow and uninteresting, and I didn't think there was much to look at that I hadn't seen the same of in OoT. After that though, the game picked up and was pretty awesome.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I actually prefer Wind Waker, then OoT. Majora's Mask is a close third, however.

I didn't like the beginning of the game. It was slow and uninteresting, and I didn't think there was much to look at that I hadn't seen the same of in OoT. After that though, the game picked up and was pretty awesome.
Eh? Wind Waker was great! ..the first time through. Let's face it, unless your obsessed with that Zelda, you don't play through it(albeit, I have a couple of times[pun intended]for Tingle and Ganondorf)more then 3 times. The sea got annoying, etc. But, it is a great game!

@Toon kink- That post is sig worthy!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Twilit Ganondorf was probably the best series of boss fights involving Ganon (possessed Zelda/Beast Ganon/Horseback fight/sword duel), but Windwaker Ganon is easily the best Ganondorf the series has seen. A villain that's despicable and sympathetic to that degree is ridiculously hard to come by.

But if that happens, then we'll be seeing something more like nyeh, and less like nyeh.

Pretty much on the play Through i lost count(i lost it after 10) beating Ganondorf with out chances is pretty awesome fight. Its Mano-A-Mano fight to the death. Also yea that fake E3 trailer is the sux. Looks epic but no essence of the game it self. A Big war woopdy do. The WW one is perfectly fit.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman

This

Seriously, IGN fake trailers are really fake. I must say though, that the fake movie trailer is tons better, because it actually uses actual things from the game.

the fact trailer for the game was just sad a movie would suck, but they trailer for the game honestly looked like a generic fire emblem/age of empires with a tidbit of LoTR cross over that was just pathetic. More loosely, completely generic and uninspired.

Basically, I give IGN a big fat FAILURE.

I'm also gonna say, that WW doesn't make it on my top 5 list for Zelda games, I really didn't like the art style for it, and the great sea made me :mad:, it was too empty and too much of the same, It was also too easy.. Still a good game, I played through it and WW had the best music overall.

My top Five list goes,

Ocarina of Time: This one presents the storyline and the cut scenes the best, it as a respectable level of difficulty, (plus master quest is great for a real insane challege) beautiful musical score, good landscape and amazing game play.

A Link to the Past: Perhaps the best 2D Zelda game, it's really a lot of fun, has a great music, (all the Zelda games have great music, but some have better music than others). And plenty of secrets to go around and find.

Twilight Princess: In terms of what awesome is, this comes really close to perfection, The world is really wonderful to look at, the main story presents you with plenty to do, oh and fishing is pretty entertaining when you've got nothing else to do, which didn't happen for me until after 70 hours, in a single saved game, It lacks challenge though.

Legend of Zelda, the first one for the NES: This is the first one, it is a well built game with catchy music and rich gameplay, not to mention plenty of secrets to find, plus an insanely hard second quest, that really fun.

Majora's Mask: The mask system is truly unique and adds a whole lot of new possibilities. It is pretty challenging too. The story is intense, with the moon crashing down in three days, it puts you on a time limit to get things done.
For some strange reason I never bought MM, So I've never played it all the way through, but I've played enough to really make me wish I had bought it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Majora's Mask is, without a doubt, the best Zelda game. When my grandmother bought me the first edition copy of the game the month it came out, I immediately tore it from its packaging and held the cartridge in both hands, trembling slightly. Looking at the holofoil cover of Link slashing his sword at the player, I fell to my knees under the sheer force of God's creation. My tears slowly cascading down the tiny ridges of the hologram, I turned my gaze to the Heavens and and whispered, barely audibly, "This is love."
That was an amazing post :cry:.

As for WW, it was a good game, not my favourite but still good.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Why does this thread need more Zook?
I've been wondering that myself recently.

The most Google has to say on the subject: Zook is a company that manufactures over-pressure protection systems for large-scale machinery. Unless he means "Zouk", a style of rhythmic music originating from the French islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hey i just noticed something about the Dark Lord Ganonfight

They are fighting in the Twilight Realm,Hyrule covered in Twilight OR a Realm between the Twilight Realm and Hyrule, which could possibly be the Sacered Realm

Supportive evidence

1)The master sword Glows with the Sol light. In Hyrule it would just glow Blue
2) The sky looks alot like the sky in Twilit areas
3)The Sword of Sage's glows red. This could be becuase its in the possesion of Ganondorf but may be becuase they are in a Twilit Area

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I've been wondering that myself recently.

The most Google has to say on the subject: Zook is a company that manufactures over-pressure protection systems for large-scale machinery. Unless he means "Zouk", a style of rhythmic music originating from the French islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique.
Zook = a smashboards member that we need moar of.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Alright, I heard my name.

On the topic of Zelda, anyone ever play Phantom Hourglass? I thought it was alot better (and more diffcult) than most of the other, newer Zelda games (TP).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
On the topic of Zelda, anyone ever play Phantom Hourglass? I thought it was alot better (and more diffcult) than most of the other, newer Zelda games (TP).
Really? O.o

...I think most people found it to be okay, but not nearly as good as it should have been.

1. The Temple of the Ocean King was annoying and stupid as all get out.
2. The sailing was actually worse than Windwaker's.
3. There were too many forced uses of the microphone.
4. The puzzles were all generic number puzzles that used your map.
5. The story was silly and contrived--moreso than most Zelda storylines, even.
6. There weren't any new items...

About the only good thing about the game was Linebeck. :dizzy:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

It was a good game, faaar eaiser then the aveage zelda game. Overall it was.....good.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Really? O.o

...I think most people found it to be okay, but not nearly as good as it should have been.

1. The Temple of the Ocean King was annoying and stupid as all get out.
2. The sailing was actually worse than Windwaker's.
3. There were too many forced uses of the microphone.
4. The puzzles were all generic number puzzles that used your map.
5. The story was silly and contrived--moreso than most Zelda storylines, even.
6. There weren't any new items...

About the only good thing about the game was Linebeck. :dizzy:
1. I can't remember that level, so I can't respond. Eh, pretty much ALL Zelda dungeons are 'annoying and stupid to get out of.' Better than TP's linear dungeons at any rate...
2. No it wasn't. The cannon system was greatly improved, and NO WIND!!
3. Naah. The only thing I remember using the mic for was for beating that bell-mouse-thing, which was pure genius.
4. WRONG! What about all of the ingenius uses of the DS functions? Personally, I liked having to figure out that I had to scream at the rat and literally 'fold the map.'
5. That was the point. You ween't supposed to take it seriously.
6. ...Uh... Well, you got some new fairies, right?

And Linebeck is the best thing ever to happen to Zelda. EVER. I'd put him right up there with the introduction of the targeting system.

Multiplayer was fun, too.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1. I can't remember that level, so I can't respond. Eh, pretty much ALL Zelda dungeons are 'annoying and stupid to get out of.' Better than TP's linear dungeons at any rate...
You know...the dungeon you had to go through like, ten different times. And each time, you had to go through the entire thing again, doing every puzzle over and over and over again? The one with the silly artificial time limit?

That one.

2. No it wasn't. The cannon system was greatly improved, and NO WIND!!
I mean that the ocean wasn't fun and dynamic like in Windwaker. It would've been perfect if you didn't have to sit there and watch your boat lest some random monster comes up and kills you...

4. WRONG! What about all of the ingenius uses of the DS functions? Personally, I liked having to figure out that I had to scream at the rat and literally 'fold the map.'
NOOOOOOOOOO!

It took me a whole freaking week to figure out that stupid "fold the DS in half" thing. It was a clever trick, not a challenging puzzle. I ended up doing it by getting so sick of tapping the entire map over and over again, so I put it in sleep mode for a few hours, and...

5. That was the point. You ween't supposed to take it seriously.
...You think?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that...what makes you say that?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
^^ Well, that's the impression I got. I mean, it's kinda... rediculous, but I found it funny rather than lame. I need to play through the game again to relive it.

The bosses were so-so, though. Sure, Zelda bosses are ALWAYS easy, but they didn't look as cool as the baddies WW or TP.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You know...the dungeon you had to go through like, ten different times. And each time, you had to go through the entire thing again, doing every puzzle over and over and over again? The one with the silly artificial time limit?

That one.
I hated that temple! I was so far and desided to hand out behind the fence (the one floor where it seperated you from the guards). I hate to take a major (...) and when I came back I was dead! I was so far!!!!!!!!!

The save points were also annoying, they only had 2 (1 mid way and another at
the final boss
).

I mean that the ocean wasn't fun and dynamic like in Windwaker. It would've been perfect if you didn't have to sit there and watch your boat lest some random monster comes up and kills you...
I found the ocean to be pretty fun to explore, maybe not as great as WW but for the DS i think it did great.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

It took me a whole freaking week to figure out that stupid "fold the DS in half" thing. It was a clever trick, not a challenging puzzle. I ended up doing it by getting so sick of tapping the entire map over and over again, so I put it in sleep mode for a few hours, and...
:laugh: I found that challenge (trick) to be quite smart. They gave so many hints and at the end when I finally figured it out, I felt like an idiot :p.

Oh and as I final note......

that sailor guy (the one that abandoned his wife and, roughly, 17 year old son) is an old man!
He left his wife to find MERMAIDS! Is he on drugs. He mistakes a little girl for a mermaid and "want's to keep her in his house" >_> poor girl.....

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

Phantom Hourglass was easy. The closing DS part is the only part that I got stuck on..luckily hunger took over, and when I came back, poof!

I didn't know you killed those big rabbits with the microphone..I just chucked bombs at it and yelled "DIE"...

The online was fun, but sad..it could've been much better.

Spire

III
BRoomer
^^ Well, that's the impression I got. I mean, it's kinda... rediculous, but I found it funny rather than lame. I need to play through the game again to relive it.

The bosses were so-so, though. Sure, Zelda bosses are ALWAYS easy, but they didn't look as cool as the baddies WW or TP.
Wind Waker was almost as ridiculous. If they consider WW to be highly important to the series in terms of the timeline and continuity, then Phantom Hourglass is almost as important - sadly.

I hope that games like PH are never made again. The "toon" thing is cool, as it has paved the way for two parallel Zelda 'gamelines' to continue to be made, and the fact that the toon look isn't restricted to the world of WW/PH, as seen in TMC, and FS/FSA, shows that it's pretty much established as something that will be staying for a while longer. Of course, it may change over time in the style of "toon", but regardless, I see them continuing the realistic and toon Zelda gamelines.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, the overall feeling I got from Phantom Hourglass was that it was a Zelda game that was made for people who weren't necessarily Zelda fans already. I mean, if it were otherwise, then why are so many Zelda staples not in the game?

Seriously, what's a Zelda game without Pieces of Heart to collect?

The general simplicity of most of the game, the really unoriginal plot and uninspired characterization (except Linebeck), puzzles that weren't really Zelda puzzles (the hard ones were all based on number riddles), and so on...

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I was disappointed, and I haven't picked it up since I beat it back in October.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Well, the overall feeling I got from Phantom Hourglass was that it was a Zelda game that was made for people who weren't necessarily Zelda fans already. I mean, if it were otherwise, then why are so many Zelda staples not in the game?

Seriously, what's a Zelda game without Pieces of Heart to collect?

The general simplicity of most of the game, the really unoriginal plot and uninspired characterization (except Linebeck), puzzles that weren't really Zelda puzzles (the hard ones were all based on number riddles), and so on...

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I was disappointed, and I haven't picked it up since I beat it back in October.
I'm pretty sure this post speaks the the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I personally refused to buy Phantom Hourglass, I heard that it was even easier than Twilight Princess, at which point I was just like no, I'm not getting it, I don't particularly the great sea or the toonish art style, I thought both TP and WW were to easy, and the thought a Zelda game being even easier than those two just made me want to kill kittens.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Yeah, it's one of those mystical "Japan-only" games. And it wasn't too successful over there, either.

Glad they ditched that idea for Four Swords Adventures.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah, it's one of those mystical "Japan-only" games. And it wasn't too successful over there, either.

Glad they ditched that idea for Four Swords Adventures.
Agreed. Also, I pwn(lol)!
Umm, yeah...
The cutscene with Ganondorf obliterating the [water]Sage in Twilight Princess was awesome!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Or the temple. It's possible to clear the Master Quest, I know I have done so, but some temples like the Water and Shadow ones are a pain. There was another Zelda spin off game that didn't come to the states. What was it called? I think it's something starring Tingle.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
TBH, the master quest version of water temple was a walk through the daisies compared to the first time regular water temple

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland is the game you're thinking of, Eternal Yoshi. But the game I was thinking of as you said that was Ura Zelda.

Anyone?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland is the game you're thinking of, Eternal Yoshi. But the game I was thinking of as you said that was Ura Zelda.

Anyone?
Ura Zelda was internationalized into Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Nothing special about it other than its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom