• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Look, the TP Darknuts just got a redesign from their prior WW appearance, just like EVERYTHING ELSE did in TP. The Gorons and Zoras don't look entirely similar to their past appearances. Bubbles and Stalfos have taken on a less human-like appearance, and more so monstrous. Why? Who knows; the fact is - they did. It's just a change in design, probably because the devs wanted to do something different for once rather than just revamping old enemies.

Rather than Gohma, we had Armogohma, which was much more spider-like than the crab-like Queen Gohma that we know from OoT. It's interesting to note that since we face Armogohma in the past, perhaps the Gohma species lived only in the relative time of OoT, and by the time TP rolled around, they had died out. Makes sense that she would inhabit the Temple of Time, seeing as how it's situated in a forest near the Forest Temple (Great Deku Tree). The Gohmas are a forest-dwelling arachnid-like species who inhabit dark lairs. I wonder when exactly it was that Link (in TP) visited the Temple of Time, as it is obvious that he went back in time (unless of course he was merely visiting a memory of it). Was it in the time of OoT? Was it before or after? If so, how long before or after? It raises a lot of questions.

Darkslash

Smash Master
It could be theorized that the Gohma family could be Hyrule's Arachnids but then that opens up what the Skulltula are. Are they part of the Gohma or are a different family.

Also about Skull kid. Has he become some sort of Guardian of the Temple of Time and the Sacred Grove? The only way to get there is to defeat him. Plus he also knows Saria's song so it could be the same Skull Kid as OoT/MM

Spire

III
BRoomer
It could be theorized that the Gohma family could be Hyrule's Arachnids but then that opens up what the Skulltula are. Are they part of the Gohma or are a different family.

Also about Skull kid. Has he become some sort of Guardian of the Temple of Time and the Sacred Grove? The only way to get there is to defeat him. Plus he also knows Saria's song so it could be the same Skull Kid as OoT/MM
He also has a similar face to both Majora's Mask, the Moon, and the Twili. There's much more to Skull Kid than meets the eye. His face has similar designs (specifically around the eyes) to those present on the Twili, and furthermore, he has both the same colored/shape eyes and skin color as the Twili. Who is he? Skull Kid is obviously extremely important, but pulls the strings from behind the curtain. I do not believe him to be an entity of evil, but I do see him as a 3rd party staple in some of the major events of Zelda; synonymous with Gollum of Lord of The Rings. They are both wily, strange, and act entirely alone.

Look, it all boils down to this - Skull Kid must have a connection between both Hyrule, Termina, and the Twilight Realm, and if my theory about the Twilight Realm coinciding with Termina is true, then Skull Kid must scarred with these Twili-markings from his adventure in Termina. AGH, WHO IS HE?! I'd love to see Skull Kid return in the next Zelda with a more prominent role.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
He also has a similar face to both Majora's Mask, the Moon, and the Twili. There's much more to Skull Kid than meets the eye. His face has similar designs (specifically around the eyes) to those present on the Twili, and furthermore, he has both the same colored/shape eyes and skin color as the Twili. Who is he? Skull Kid is obviously extremely important, but pulls the strings from behind the curtain. I do not believe him to be an entity of evil, but I do see him as a 3rd party staple in some of the major events of Zelda; synonymous with Gollum of Lord of The Rings. They are both wily, strange, and act entirely alone.

Look, it all boils down to this - Skull Kid must have a connection between both Hyrule, Termina, and the Twilight Realm, and if my theory about the Twilight Realm coinciding with Termina is true, then Skull Kid must scarred with these Twili-markings from his adventure in Termina. AGH, WHO IS HE?! I'd love to see Skull Kid return in the next Zelda with a more prominent role.
The moons face was freaky when I first saw him. The resemblences were very similar (except maybe the smile). It makes me wonder who he is even more.

What do you guys think of dark link, who is he? Where is he from? Why is he after link?

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
In AoL Dark Link was the last boss of the game, when Link approaches the Triforce at the end of the game Dark Link "jumps out" of Link and challenges him to a duel to the death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQKq3bUqQM&feature=related

In OoT you face Dark Link in a Room that has the illusion of looking open, when Dark Link is defeated, the illusion fades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbmEyAC3Co

In Twilight Princess there is a cut scene that features 3 Dark Links, Illia and Link. In the middle of the cutscene Link and Illia gaze upon the Triforce and they want it. Illia has a dagger and means to stab Link, it can be inferred that that Link then kills Illia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mXRBvXQO1w

Anyway, I've always seen the True Dark Link as the Anti-Hero, representing what Link would become if he were ever to fall the the "Dark Side" as it where. And these are the cut scenes that support that reasoning.

Darkslash

Smash Master
What they need to add into the next game is a Boss Time Attack Mode similar to what they had in Shadow of the Colossus but totally unique in some way. Not only can we beat the crap out of Bosses over and over again, but then we can race against our own time. Maybe if you beat your own time the boss get some what harder then before. Maybe its damage and its Speed increases. Perhaps unlock a Music Player that lets game play the Bosses Theme Music like what they had in Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls.

Maybe im suggesting this because Morpheel 2nd phase reminds me from something from Shadow of the Colossus

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think Zelda needs to have epic bosses like Shadow of the Collosus. Twilight Fossil Stalord was cool and all, but imagine him amplified 25 times and Link having to scale up his back to be able to hit him where it hurts.

That will make the series SO MUCH more epic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd love to see a "Master Quest" version included in the next Zelda game, so once we beat the game, we can replay it not only on a higher difficulty, but with completely rearranged dungeons. Furthermore, I think to make it feel like a separate game, perhaps the textures and lighting in the different regions of Hyrule should change. For instance, if in the normal quest, Faron Woods are very green and lively, perhaps in the master quest, they appear as autumn, with brown, yellow, orange, and red colored leaves. It doesn't have to be dark, just different. Furthermore, perhaps the master quest should change some environments entirely, for instance, perhaps Death Mountain's temperature has dropped and it now snows there (not at the summit, where lava still boils, but along the trail and the base - at Kakariko. It would change the feel of the game very, very much, and while we are still playing the same game, it would definitely feel very different and new. I'm inspired to post the graphical/climate changes for all of the regions that I'd like to see:
  • Hyrule Field - tall grass everywhere; very windy
  • Hyrule Castle/Town - relatively the same, but built from drier stone like this
  • Faron/Lost Woods - autumn, with brown, orange, red, and yellow leaves/foliage
  • Ordon Village - rustic, ironworks village
  • Kakariko Village - cold, with gusts of wind and snow ripping through the valley
  • Death Mountain - very cold; snows here, but is not covered in it
  • Zora's River - swamp-like, with fog, muck, moss, etc.
  • Zora's Domain - a huge, steamy swamp
  • Lake Hylia - very dry; little vegetation; mostly orange-grey rock
  • Gerudo Desert Wastes - jungles/desert
  • Snowpeak - snow only at the tops of the mountains, all else is melted with lush rivers at the bases
Well, that's what comes to mind when I think of an alternate "Master Quest". Yeah, the climates are altered and somewhat reversed, but hell, if you have the option to play the game through both the normal and altered climates, why not? Of course, some text in the game would have to change in regards to the descriptions of the different locations, but that would be part of the new experience. Same game, altered world; two experiences. I love it.

EDIT: For the hell of it, I'm going to compile the many species found in Hyrule and how THEY would be different (most would be texture swaps):
  • Gorons - rather than possessing yellow skin, they would have grey skin
  • Zoras - would be more amphibious, with green/brown/orange spotted skin
  • Lizalfos and Dynalfos inhabit the Gerudo Wastes.
  • Red Tektites inhabit Death Mountain trail, as well as the Blue in Lake Hylia and Zora's River
  • Get back to this later...
In addition to all that I said above, what new areas would you guys like to see debut in the next Zelda? What types of regions, environments, climates would you like to see? I would personally love to see a vast underground network of tunnels, mines, and rivers (similar to that seen in the underground Zora's river in TP, but actually EXPLORABLE). One thing that should not be done is to extend Hyrule out to the sea, as that would defeat Hyrule's feel of being separate from the rest of the world in which it is in. I've always liked to think of Hyrule as being this heavenly world cut off from all else in that no one can enter or leave, and that's how it should be. All that happens in Hyrule should be contained in Hyrule. Regardless, I'd like to hear your desires.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Spire III, you have some interesting ideas for the look of the landscapes. the only thing i just cant see happening is the zora areas in swamps. i mean. that is the main water supply for hyrule castle.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Spire has pretty good ideas. As for the question, I would love to see a space setting. I doubt it's gonna happen, though.

Kinda Off Topic: I just beat OoT for the 21st time, but this time, I did it with only three hearts, got every single item (golden scale included), and did not die once. Of course nobody's going to care, but I just wanted to get the excitement out of my system. Back to Spire's question now...

I'd also love to see a tropical island setting in Zelda. But like the space idea, most likely not going to happen.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Those are pretty interesting ideas spire. The only 2 environments I dislike would be the swampy zora river and snowpeak. Having a stream is great (like a glacier feel) but having the whole bottom half melted seems to be to drastic of a change. Zelda has been a game with many forms of nature, changing one area to make it more similar to others (the zora river) would cause a loss of the beautiful environment. Area's like gerudo desert would be fine because your adding an new form of nature, not taking away. Maybe I'm over reacting but that's how I feel.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire III, you have some interesting ideas for the look of the landscapes. the only thing i just cant see happening is the zora areas in swamps. i mean. that is the main water supply for hyrule castle.
Oh, well duh! Can't believe I forgot about that. I was typing that late last night, so yeah - far too drastic of a change. The Zora's River/Domain should just get a textural makeover, rather than change all together. Thanks for pointing that out for all else to see.
You have some good ideas Spire. I would like to see those in the next game.
Thanks mang, thanks.
Spire has pretty good ideas. As for the question, I would love to see a space setting. I doubt it's gonna happen, though.
Space? Like literally outer space, or just a future setting?
Kinda Off Topic: I just beat OoT for the 21st time, but this time, I did it with only three hearts, got every single item (golden scale included), and did not die once. Of course nobody's going to care, but I just wanted to get the excitement out of my system. Back to Spire's question now...

I'd also love to see a tropical island setting in Zelda. But like the space idea, most likely not going to happen.
Well congrats! That's something I've been meaning to get around to doing for a long time now, but haven't... anyways, what is it you mean by space? 'Future' also?
Those are pretty interesting ideas spire. The only 2 environments I dislike would be the swampy zora river and snowpeak. Having a stream is great (like a glacier feel) but having the whole bottom half melted seems to be to drastic of a change. Zelda has been a game with many forms of nature, changing one area to make it more similar to others (the zora river) would cause a loss of the beautiful environment. Area's like gerudo desert would be fine because your adding an new form of nature, not taking away. Maybe I'm over reacting but that's how I feel.
Yeah, nothing is concrete, and I post my ideas as starting places for discussion, so I'm glad I've gotten both positive and negative feedback (wouldn't want all of you to just suck up to me). The Zora's River/Domain has to change though, and I was a bit skeptical myself of the Snowpeak change. Perhaps Snowpeak shouldn't really change at all environmentally, other than maybe a stronger focus on solid ice forms rather than snow (the low-traction, slippery ice would make for higher difficulty, hence being part of Master Quest). Again, thanks for all of your feedback, I very much appreciate it.

There was one thing I had in mind when devising the regional makeovers - since they are being changed for the sake of a higher difficulty, then the changes must reflect a harder game, hence why the Gerudo Desert is now the Gerudo Wastes, and now serves as a very chaotic region where one may get lost easily, having to fend off brutal enemies. Snowpeak would of course HAVE to remain very cold and snowy, as that provides a challenge as a dangerous environment. Perhaps in the Master Quest, you can actually obtain items not obtainable in the normal quest that are used for tackling extra hazards. Perhaps such an item as a thick-fur coat for trekking through the Snowpeak mountains could be incorporated, for without it, during the MQ, you would die after spending too long in the cold (similar in fashion to drowning).

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Well congrats! That's something I've been meaning to get around to doing for a long time now, but haven't... anyways, what is it you mean by space? 'Future' also?
Thanks!

By space, I guess I meant, like literally outer space, but with a few futuristic-looking things. Like bridges, swords, and warp spots laying in certain places. Neon-glowing artifacts and stuff.

I was also imagining Link hovering around in space with the Hover Boots. They really need to bring those back, but with a little bit more to do with them. I'll come up with ideas sometime.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Try doing that ultimate challenge that was posted a while back. I tried and let's say I didn't do so well...

Darkslash

Smash Master

Wow 3 hearts? I could never finish a zelda game with 3 hearts. Not only am I obsessive towards Darknuts im also a Heart addict...so i constantly search for Hearts.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
My friend has some Zelda manga books. He told me the reason skull kid turned that way is because he was lost in the forest. There he meet the opposite of the Deku tree, the bagu tree. The tree transforms all kids and people lost in the forest to a skull kid-like being. I find that interesting because that means there are possible other's like him.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Wow 3 hearts? I could never finish a zelda game with 3 hearts. Not only am I obsessive towards Darknuts im also a Heart addict...so i constantly search for Hearts.

Yeah I'm definitely a completionist with Oot, but I might give the 3 heart adventure a try. I also do speed runs with the original LoZ, I'm not that great at it though, I only got it down to like 62 minutes for my best, and that was a while back, time to try again methinks...

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Try doing that ultimate challenge that was posted a while back. I tried and let's say I didn't do so well...
Heh, I'll try, once I'm done with my TP run, but I have my doubts I'll be able to do it either.

Lol, I'm the exact opposite.

XACE-K

Smash Master
My friend has some Zelda manga books. He told me the reason skull kid turned that way is because he was lost in the forest. There he meet the opposite of the Deku tree, the bagu tree. The tree transforms all kids and people lost in the forest to a skull kid-like being. I find that interesting because that means there are possible other's like him.
Interesting, I never heard that before. Was that ever included in the game or was it included just for the manga?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Interesting, I never heard that before. Was that ever included in the game or was it included just for the manga?
Manga only. I hear the manga has a lot of answers to some questions not answered in the game (though it also brings up a lot of other questions).

Spire

III
BRoomer
The manga is non-canonical entirely. While it introduces a lot of really interesting concepts, they were not included in the actual games, and hence, are officially not canon (yes, this has been officially stated).

Darkslash

Smash Master
Though Twilight Princess kinda makes one nod to the Ocarina of Time
Epona being tamed in Kakariko village. The Manga and TP have a uncontrollable Epona and only could calm her with a variant of Epona song( Ocarina Epona song and Taming Epona) Its either pure coincidence or is a real reference to the manga.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Though Twilight Princess kinda makes one nod to the Ocarina of Time
Epona being tamed in Kakariko village. The Manga and TP have a uncontrollable Epona and only could calm her with a variant of Epona song( Ocarina Epona song and Taming Epona) Its either pure coincidence or is a real reference to the manga.
It is entirely possible that Nintendo uses the manga as a lower-class influence in the development of games, but regardless, talk of the manga should be prohibited from hear on out in relation to what is canonical; the games. Discuss the manga as the manga, but not as anything related to the games; a separate entity unto itself. Realize that until Nintendo officially states that the manga is canon, it will never be, even if there is some sort manga-relevance in the games (such as this whole Epona deal). The fact is, if it's in the game, it's canon, and if it's not, then it ain't.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Playing Twilight Princess last night AGAIN, its interesting to note that Rusl knows the Sacred Grove while The Group(Ashei and Shad and possibly Auru which is debatable because he knows the Sage's and then possibly the sacred grove ) where I think it was Shad that questions about "the sacred Grove that Rusl Mentioned" But for the people who sticked around for the credits know that they are investigating it.

Plus interesting to note that Auru wields a portable cannon, mush like the Anti tank weapons today. could that be that modern Projectiles are coming into Twilight Princess Time line?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Plus interesting to note that Auru wields a portable cannon, mush like the Anti tank weapons today. could that be that modern Projectiles are coming into Twilight Princess Time line?
Yeah, definitely. Look at the Goron Mines (post-Fire Temple), they are all highly advanced technologically than anything in OoT was. Twilight Princess is borderline with mass metalworks, including guns, canons, and huge wars.

I want the next game to be either a sequel to TP or a prequel to OoT, and either way, featuring a huge war. If it's the prequel to OoT, it would definitely be the Unification War, unifying Hyrule under one banner, but if its after TP, perhaps it could be the "Separation War," separating Hyrule and waging war between the races, with Ganon of course serving as a Kingmaker, in that he creates a representative King to lead a group of people to thwart Hyrule, while acting behind the curtains the whole time. Essentially, that's what Ganon has always been, a "Kingmaker", who inducts a pawn and carves a 'leader's face' out of them (i.e. Zant, Aganhim, and even the King of Hyrule) only to later topple his pawn with the help of Link so that he can rise to power.

Again, character-creation, or at least the ability to play as multiple pre-made characters would be a GREAT addition to the next Zelda. Imagine a war-based game where you can play from say... five different character's perspectives: Link, Zelda, a Goron hero (Darbus?), a Zora hero (Ralis?), and a fifth hero. Perhaps however, Ganon has absolutely nothing to do with this, since it's a sequel to TP, and rather the war is waged by a new force.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I can see that the Twilight Princess Time line is the time line where Hyrule will become more Dependant on technology than on Magic and the Wind Waker time line will still be dependent on Magic. Twilight Princess was oriented on man made items.(Clawshot,Hero's bow, ball and chain, iron boots) and less on the Magic Items(Dominion Rod, Gale Boomerang,spinner)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can see that the Twilight Princess Time line is the time line where Hyrule will become more Dependant on technology than on Magic and the Wind Waker time line will still be dependent on Magic. Twilight Princess was oriented on man made items.(Clawshot,Hero's bow, ball and chain, iron boots) and less on the Magic Items(Dominion Rod, Gale Boomerang,spinner)
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. I'm going to write a fan-fic now detailing Hyrule long before OoT and TMC (if it comes chronologically before OoT).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'll put it bluntly, I have no faith in the Nintendo owned franchises being good on the Wii. Galaxy wasn't the worst, but I still would have rather spent the money on something else.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll put it bluntly, I have no faith in the Nintendo owned franchises being good on the Wii. Galaxy wasn't the worst, but I still would have rather spent the money on something else.
Ahhh hahaha, I get the "Zelda in space" joke. That was good.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Spire III said:
That's something that they need to work on strongly in the next Zelda - giving everything a background, if even a little bit so speculation and connecting may ensue among fans.
Sorry, I know this is from, like, forever ago, but it stood out to me.

Nintendo's already implemented an in-game system that is entirely optional, next to useless as far as the plot is concerned, and does nothing but give the fans the service they crave. Scanning in the Metroid Prime games.

To an extent, Zelda already did this years before with Navi/Tatl telling you about the enemy you're fighting (I don't know why Midna didn't do this in TP). But that was only, like, a sentence or two.

So here's my AWESOME idea for expanding this in the next Zelda (also, can we start calling it something else, like "Zelda Wii" or something? I hate typing "the next Zelda" every time I want to address it):

Link gets a sketchbook. From then on, if you go into first-person view, hold in the B trigger, and trace an object or enemy with the pointer, Link will make a field-sketch of that thing. You can store a good deal of them, then take them to an old hermit somewhere who used to be a great adventurer, and knows almost everything there is to know about Hyrule and it's inhabitants...but he's grown forgetful in his old age, and Link's sketches jog his memory, at which point he'll tell some story/legend/myth/fun fact/description of the enemy or person you've drawn.

It could also be a Pictobox, but I like the idea of having to do something as opposed to just pointing and clicking. It would also depend on the technology level of Zelda Wii, to an extent. Although the PictoBox could always just be a really expensive, optional upgrade to the sketch pad, right?

Darkslash

Smash Master
No This time we will get hover boots that HOVER!!!!

And i don't think Link has enough time to sketch a 20 foot monster that's gonna kill him in 5 seconds :laugh: Maybe keeping it a Pictobox is a better idea. If its gonna be a Direct sequel to TP(1 week-1 year time span) i sure they will use a pictobox. They have pictures every where.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
No This time we will get hover boots that HOVER!!!!

And i don't think Link has enough time to sketch a 20 foot monster that's gonna kill him in 5 seconds :laugh: Maybe keeping it a Pictobox is a better idea. If its gonna be a Direct sequel to TP(1 week-1 year time span) i sure they will use a pictobox. They have pictures every where.
The idea would be that if you were hunting for sketches, you'd have to carefully sneak up on enemies, rather than go charging headstrong through each dungeon. And as for the bosses...well, that'd be part of the challenge, wouldn't it? WORK FOR THOSE SKETCHES

PictoBoxes are fancy, expensive things. So unless the next Link is born into royalty or something, he'd have to work up the cash for it.

Also, how about this: with the PictoBox, you have only a small area to frame the enemy in (you'd have to get all of them in the pic for it to work), but with the sketchpad, it uses the over-the-shoulder TP view, so you'd have a larger view. Also, you could do sketches piece by piece. So when facing a boss, you could stop, and trace a little bit of him, dodge the next attack, then resume where you left off.

So maybe you could have both, and choose which was better for the situation.

Pictobox: Quick, zoom in on faraway targets.

Sketchpad: Do pieces in over time, larger frame.

...Or maybe I just really like the idea of a sketchpad.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure if a small village like Ordon can afford Pictoboxes(there are pictographs in Link's house and Mayor Bo's house), im sure Link can afford one especially if he can find almost 600 rupees every time he comes out of a dungeon. Also sketching would also break one of the rules of Swordsman ship right? Never let your guard down. At least with Pictoboxes you can snap and put it away. But what about sketching? you can have a Bokobin sneak up on you and kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom