• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Gerudo Valley and Kokiri Forest are the best. The long version of the Bolero of Fire is also super awesome. Love the scene where Link is playing the Ocarina and Sheik is playing the harp to that song outside of the Fire Temple.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bolero of Fire is awesome, but the Song of Storms beats it. I have it on loop in my iTunes right now.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Fix'd

Ocarina of Time beat Twilight Princess in every respect -- including music.
I dunno I love the DeathSword's battle Music. It felt like you were fighting a Goat wielding a giant Sword. And i also love Blizzeta's second phase.

Yea but nothing beats Geurdo Valley, that thing is a work of Art.

AllGoodNamesAreTaken

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the dungeon musics in LoZ I liked Spirit Temple best. As for the ocarina songs... Serenade of Water and Bolero of Fire are my two favourites.

OoT has some of the best music in video game history.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I'll go more in-depth about my love for Zelda music now.

In OoT, Ganondorf's battle theme, Nocturne of Shadow, and Saria's Song (ocarina) were my favorite.

Majora's Mask has the best Zelda music IMO. Here are the songs I've got on my iPod from it: Astral Observatory, Clock Tower, Clock Town Days 1-3, Deku Palace, Great Bay Coast, Last Five Hours, Milk Bar, Rosa Sisters, Song of Healing, Southern Swamp, Stone Tower Temple, Termina Field, and every song from the members of the Indigo-Go's (practice songs, sessions, etc).

Not only this, but I've got a piano collection of EVERY SINGLE song in the entire game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have, and always have loved the Spirit Temple theme above probably all other tunes across every Zelda title to date. Following the Spirit Temple theme, the Forest Temple takes the cake. Remember the jumping, "monkey-chant" running throughout the theme? Gets me every time, and has me coming back for more and more. I'm just going to go ahead and list my top.. I dunno, twenty favorite Zelda themes, in order by game:
  • Spirit Temple (OoT)
  • Forest Temple (OoT)
  • Water Temple (OoT)
  • Inside the Deku Tree (OoT)
  • Potion Shop (OoT)
  • Kokiri Forest (OoT)
  • Pirates' Fortress (MM)
  • Stone Tower Temple (MM)
  • Ikana's Ancient Castle (MM)
  • Ikana Valley (MM)
  • Gerudo Desert (TP)
  • Snowpeak (TP)
  • Hyrule Field [Night] (TP)
  • Twilight (TP)
  • Palace of Twilight (TP)
  • Kakariko Graveyard (TP)
  • Light World Dungeon (ALttP)
  • Hidden Mountain & Forest (ALttP)
  • Dark World (ALttP)
That being said, if I could narrow it down to my favorite track from each of the listed games, it would be:
  • Spirit Temple (OoT)
  • Pirates' Fortress (MM)
  • Snowpeak (TP)
  • Dark World (ALttP)
And there they are, my top four favorite Zelda songs. Sorry, Wind Waker didn't make the cut at all - I really don't like the music from that game (except the Wind Temple, which unfortunately would have been #21 in my top 20 list).

derv

Smash Apprentice
The only good song in TP, was that song that was playing when
Midna almost gets killed by Zant and you have to take her to see Princess Zelda.
yeah that one is amazing, its called Midnas Lament
bu i also enjoy the orchestral Hyrule field from TP too

nothing beats OoT gerudo though :)

also: was playing smash earlier, how good is the molgera battle music from wind waker

XACE-K

Smash Master
also: was playing smash earlier, how good is the molgera battle music from wind waker
That song is awesome. I would have that as the only song playing on Pirate Ship but since Song of the Storms and Gerudo Valley are on that stage, I have the chances of those three songs go all the way up.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I hate that song. I apologize for the frontal offense, but it's extremely dull and boring. There's hardly even a hint of musical textures in this, leaving the individual notes produced by the handful of instruments to do the job of conveying a low-fi song. Honestly, if this were redone orchestrally, with perhaps some taiko drums, large brass section, a xylophone, marimba, and wind section (no sax), it would be epic. The song is well written, but not played and composed well.

I honestly cannot stand it... along with Village of the Blue Maiden. I don't see why so many people actually like that song, but I guess it's merely a matter of opinion. If I were to have picked any tracks from Zelda for that stage, I would surely have picked any from the following list:
  • Maritime Battle (WW)
  • Forest Haven (WW)
  • Wind Temple (WW)
  • Ballad of the Wind Fish (LA)
  • Kakariko Village (TP)
  • Lost Woods (OoT)

On another note, if you listen to the sort of "chanting" in Ganon's Castle's theme from WW, you may notice the sheer similarity to the "chanting" in the Palace of Twilight's theme from TP. Props to them for carrying that over.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I still want to know how that song did not make it in for that stage. It's an awesome song. Sure it doesn't sound like a song you can fight to but it's still awesome.
It certainly beats "Village of the Blue Maiden" by a landslide in terms of both musical and titular relativity. They made some bad choices when choosing the music for Brawl.

I understand that the F-Zero X music is "classic", but it's horrible. They should have filled it completely with F-Zero GX music.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any one think it was a good idea to replace the hookshot with the Clawshot?

I personally love the Clawshot but then it can't do stuff the Hookshot can which kinda sucks

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I liked the Double Clawshot idea, but I liked the Hookshot better because it could attach to chests.

And the Hookshot can stun.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, they had to do something to revitalize well known items, for better or worse. Pretty much every classic item was changed in TP.

The Hookshot was changed to the Clawshot; the Boomerang was changed to the Gale Boomerang; the "Hammer" was changed to the Ball & Chain; and just as most Zelda's feature some "rod", and an extension of the feet for alternative movement/function, TP introduced the Dominion Rod, and the [worthless] Spinner.

I saw the shift in equipment to merely be for the sake of doing something different, and yes it worked in some ways, but didn't in others. I personally like the clawshot conceptually more than I do the hookshot. I like the idea of firing a claw that can latch on to things. See, what the Hookshot did was take you to places (which was awesome), but the Clawshot not only does that, but brings things to you.

Eh, worthless argument. I'm hungry and I think I have an ear infection.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Needs more Deku Leaf.

I liked the idea of flying around, but I guess that's not going to be making a return any time soon as the concept of "wind" was sort of limited to Wind Waker...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Needs more Deku Leaf.

I liked the idea of flying around, but I guess that's not going to be making a return any time soon as the concept of "wind" was sort of limited to Wind Waker...
Know what Zelda needs? We've all discussed this - A HUGE OVERWORLD. I'm talking where it takes you a long time to climb Death Mountain, so that it actually feels like a mountain and not some narrow canyon with practically no elevation. Perhaps once you climb to the top of Death Mountain, you could use some flying/gliding device to sail down the mountain through the wind, potentially being able to sail all the way to Hyrule Castle Town. I'd like a completely open and HUUUUUUGE world with countless things to do; an incredible amount of optional dungeons and what not (I'm talking dungeons that aren't composed of one, two rooms with a few enemies, and the occasional "lantern" dungeon).

With an enormous world, items can actually be put to great use in many, many circumstances, and in many, many places. I'd like things to be so less obvious too. For instance, TP was filled with those circular grates adhered to walls for clawshotting, and it was so incredibly obvious that that's what they were there for, even before you got the clawshot. Make things quite a bit more conspicuous so that the player can actually discover it. After all, that's what Miyamoto's original intent for Zelda was - to make a great game for the player to discover things at his/her own pace. It's branched away from that as the games are being made more obvious with every rendition.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
After all, that's what Miyamoto's original intent for Zelda was - to make a great game for the player to discover things at his/her own pace. It's branched away from that as the games are being made more obvious with every rendition.
I've never thought about it that way before, but you're absolutely right. If you trace Zelda's roots back to the first game, what you have is just about equivalent to a GTA or Shadow of the Collossus-type of game (Chief Mendez has brought that up before). The entire world was about as seamless as as the system could handle, and on the Wii you could have a huge open and fully-explorable world (I'm tired of it being broken up into smaller "areas". I don't want to explore Hyrule Field, I want to explore ever nook and cranny of HYRULE.).

I've personally fought against the idea of a sandbox-y Zelda, but having played the original recently, as well as LttP, I have to say that that might just be the next logical evolution for the series--a trip back in time along with a modern facelift.

As a PS, I hate to bring up graphics, but personally I think that if they ran the next Zelda on the engine that powered Mario Galaxy, it'd be pretty sweet. There were some **** nice visuals packed in there.

Perhaps once you climb to the top of Death Mountain, you could use some flying/gliding device to sail down the mountain through the wind, potentially being able to sail all the way to Hyrule Castle Town.
I would go be Shigeru Miyamoto's servant boy if it would make that a reality.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The next Zelda game should be Sandbox, Especially if its going to be a future type game. If you going to ride some all terrain Motorcycle then that would be awesome.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Quick note: on the topic of the whole "open world" Zelda, has anyone besides me been following the new Prince of Persia game? A demo video hit the 'net yesterday, and it really looks amazing. Quite a lot like how I'd want the next Zelda game to play (though probably not as much insane acrobatics).

The graphics, combat, and mechanical setting all look incredibly suiting, though. Link here!

They even threw in a little taste of Okami!

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Quick note: on the topic of the whole "open world" Zelda, has anyone besides me been following the new Prince of Persia game? A demo video hit the 'net yesterday, and it really looks amazing. Quite a lot like how I'd want the next Zelda game to play (though probably not as much insane acrobatics).

The graphics, combat, and mechanical setting all look incredibly suiting, though. Link here!

OMG. We'll need to start a new topic for this one, but just as an aside, this is the best looking game I've ever seen in my life. It's from the Assassin's Creed team, and I really enjoyed the places they took the gameplay in that game, so the Prince should have a good pedigree.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Now just replace him with Link and the chick with Midna, and you've got yourself the best game ever made.

That looked awesome, and I will be purchasing that when it comes out. Nintendo needs to step up to the plate and make the next Zelda LIKE THAT. I've always wanted to see Link pull off Tomb Raider-like acrobatics, wall-scaling, etc, and now's the time. I really hope that they don't go the FPS route with Zelda.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Now just replace him with Link and the chick with Midna, and you've got yourself the best game ever made.

That looked awesome, and I will be purchasing that when it comes out. Nintendo needs to step up to the plate and make the next Zelda LIKE THAT. I've always wanted to see Link pull off Tomb Raider-like acrobatics, wall-scaling, etc, and now's the time. I really hope that they don't go the FPS route with Zelda.
This.

I was quite surprised at the last Ganondorf Battle I played. Link and Gannondorf were jumping around dodging swords like it was the matrix or Some thing. Now if they implement that into the next Zelda game then add Prince of Persia mechanics into that we got a 10 Kajillion bajillion seller.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Agreed.

If that did happen, it would f***ing amazing.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Youtube having a big argument on what the heck who or what the Goat with the Big sword is. Because the neck is bent people say that its hanged. I say it isn't

So whats the true story?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Youtube having a big argument on what the heck who or what the Goat with the Big sword is. Because the neck is bent people say that its hanged. I say it isn't

So whats the true story?
Deathsword, you mean. No one knows, but it was probably just some guy who was executed at the Arbiter's Grounds, and returned as a freakish goat-demon ghost thing. You know how that stuff happens. Do you think Poes really depict what the people looked like when they died? And what about Imp Poes? Do we know any small imps with small bodies and over-sized ragdoll heads in Zelda? Nope. The ghosts (including Deathsword) in Zelda are warped incarnations of those who died and do not depict at all the actual people that they were in life.

Deathsword, like many, many, MANY bosses in Zelda has next-to-no background whatsoever, unfortunately. That's something that they need to work on strongly in the next Zelda - giving everything a background, if even a little bit so speculation and connecting may ensue among fans. Beyond that, Deathsword is probably the most interesting and questioned boss in TP, as it seems somewhat humanoid, and because it is, we - humans - feel a connection with it, and thus, spark the most interest in it. I love it.

But what in the world is Stallord? What species was it? Was it a Dodongo, or even King Dodongo? Was it Volvagia? Why is it dead, and why are there no species even relative to it? Who killed Stallord? Was it - in its life - a creature used for execution, like the Rancor in Star Wars? How did it get in that room when there are no visible doors large enough for it to exit from? The questions just go on and on.

I can say right now that I bet you anything that it was used for execution due to all of the Staltroops present in the fight with it. It could perhaps be either Volvagia, King Dodongo, or even both, as it shares traits with both (snake-like features and horns with Volvagia, size with King Dodongo, and that only the bottom half of King Dodongo burned, but the top half did not, AND its second phase battle music is a cross between that of King Dodongo's and Volvagia's). But why would it be in the depths of a temple in the Gerudo Desert, a location on the opposite side of Hyrule from Death Mountain?

I like to think that Stallord was once a massive deity-like entity, similar to that of the Great Deku Tree and Jabu Jabu who watched over the desert but died, and that the Arbiter's Grounds were perhaps built as a tomb for it.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
I never thought that it was THAT great of a game. I mean it was always an awesome game, but I never felt that it was the best game ever. That's probably because I played it after its time, when the Gamecube Zelda bundle came out.

Darkslash

Smash Master
@SpireIII: I know what Death Swords real name is. Its a goat with a giant sword and I found it funny so i had to call it a Goat with a huge Sword. The DeathSword may be controlling the Goat person it seems. In the end of the battle the Sword explodes and not the spirit wielding it. The spirit it self turns into bats and leave through a opening in the ceiling. That could mean that Link freed the soul of DeathSword's Wielder
Also about Stallord. If it was like the Great Deku tree or Jabu Jabu, who would try and kill it? There are around 7 harpoons in its head. IF it turned evil at some point that could explain it.

Also there's some thing about Darknuts. Why are they always different if TP and Wind Waker take place at the same time but at different time lines shouldn't the Darknuts be the same? What are they really. Are they a rank or Species? Are they a creation of Gannondorf's dark magic?
To me Darknuts are the most complex enemies because there are so many kinds of them its hard to believe that they don't have a backstory at all seeing how many games they were in.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Also there's some thing about Darknuts. Why are they always different if TP and Wind Waker take place at the same time but at different time lines shouldn't the Darknuts be the same? What are they really. Are they a rank or Species? Are they a creation of Gannondorf's dark magic? To me Darknuts are the most complex enemies because there are so many kinds of them its hard to believe that they don't have a backstory at all seeing how many games they were in.
The reason they're different is becuase of the 2 timelines. The kid Link Darknuts are part of a different world than adult Link Darknuts. But this just IMO on it.

Also what's with your obsession with Darknuts? It kinda scares me...

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Lets go through all the differences and similarities.

TP darknuts, wear chainmail underneath their platemail so we never get to see what there faces look like.
WW darknuts, wear what appears to be a leather vest, and we get a clear look at their faces, I've just assummed the faces look the same.

WW darknuts, have a tendency to drop their weapons, (One of the reason I think TP darknuts would win a fight)

WW darknuts seem to swing their weapons faster.
TP darknuts are just as fast once unarmored and using their longswords though. (Another advantage for TP darknuts)

They both wear bulky destructible armor and carry massive shields.

They are similar in size. Although, the WW ones seem to be just a tad overweight (no effect on combat)

Dark nuts have appeared in other LoZ too

Really, for me there were similar enough such that I just considered the same. It seems the TP darknuts are better trained with more armor, and a backup technique should their armor fail, but yeah, it would seem to me that they are the same, as most of the differences are in ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom