• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I personally prefer Minish Cap for my 2D Zelda cravings. Really, it's the whole "town" thing. In the game (along with Windwaker and Majora, my two other favorite Zelda games, coincidentally), there's a central town in which you can complete all sorts of different quests for the inhabitants, often leading to changes in their lives and the places they inhabit.

It really pulls me into the world, it does.

This is also a big reason I'm not a fan of Twilight Princess--all the elements of a "town" are there--in fact, Hyrule Town in that game is the largest and most populated of them all, but there's only like, four or five people that you can actually talk to. And most of them are just shopkeepers.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Link's Awakening would probably take the prize for my favorite Zelda game. It was the first I played, so it has a great deal of nostalgia to go along with it. Plus, because it was only a dream, there were alot of really whimsical elements that were incorporated that were alot of fun.

The GameBoy/NES control scheme was always my favorite, and I'm not sure why. The two buttons just work for it. I'd love to see another game made in the style.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You know what some thing different about the Master Sword in Twilight Princess? Its unusually Huge compared to Link and the Hylian Shield. Plus it stick out of Gannondorf. I'm thinking this is a new Master Sword, because of the size.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
So what Zelda games does everybody actually own?

I just plopped down $35 to get the Zelda Collector's Edition, so now I have Zelda, AoL, LA, LttP, OoT, MM, WW, PH, and TP. My next goal is tracking down Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I just have Phantom HourGlass, which i can't play properly because the touch screen is broken.
Then i have Twilight Princess, which i got recently and on my 2nd play trough.

I played Ocarina and i can't remember if i played Majora...

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I have Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, LttP, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

I play the original Zelda on the computer if that counts.

EDIT: Minish Cap also. Haven't played it in quite a while, though.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I only have Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

But I almost beat the GBA port of LttP, and owned Minish Cap for a time, beat it, then sold it to a neighbor.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I own: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Ocarina of Time (N64)
Ocarina of Time (N64) (JPN)
Ocarina of Time: Gold Collector's Edition (N64)
Majora's Mask: 3-D collector's Edition (N64)
The WindWaker (GC)
Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GC)
Collector's Edition (GC)
Four Swords Adentures (GC)
Twilight Princess (Wii),
Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)
used to own all the portable ones and the original gold NES one, but sold/traded them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  • Zelda II (NES)
  • Link's Awakening (GB)
  • Oracle of Ages (GBC)
  • Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
  • A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • Majora's Mask (N64)
  • Windwaker (GC)
  • Twilight Princess (Wii)
  • Phantom Hourglass (DS)

derek.haines

Smash Ace
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  • Zelda II (NES)
  • LOZ: A Link to the Past (GB)
  • Oracle of Ages (GBC)
  • Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
  • A Link to the Past (SNES)
  • Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • Majora's Mask (N64)
  • Windwaker (GC)
  • Twilight Princess (Wii)
  • Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Nice collection. So you're really only missing Link's Awakening and the Philips CD-i games.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I just plopped down $35 to get the Zelda Collector's Edition
:laugh:

Yeah, I got that free from a kid I knew who didn't want it because "the graphics are old".

Anyways, let's see...

Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening DX, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Master Quest, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Hourglass.

I don't own the CD-i games, Crossbow Training, Oracle of Ages, or a life. :psycho:

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wind Waker, Twilight Princes, Phantom Hourglass, Ocarina of Time, and The Legend of Zelda.

I got into the Zelda franchise when WW came out so that's all I have. The last 2 games I have on VC.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nice collection. So you're really only missing Link's Awakening and the Philips CD-i games.
I have Link's Awakening, I just put A Link to the Past twice, once for Gameboy (Where I meant to put Link's Awakening) and one on the SNES where it belongs XD I need to fix that, Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda game!

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Im not sure if the CD-i games are true Legend of Zelda's. More like a lame game with Lame representations of Zelda Characters. Its not even called the Legend of Zelda.
I just can't help but think that a true Zelda collection is incomplete without them, simply because they are such a travesty.

Darkslash

Smash Master
GREAT I hate the Playstation even more now. If nintendo never tried to make it in the first place(the N64 might have been the playstation lol) then we wouldn't have Fanboy wars or those craptacular CD-i games.

Any ways,

Any one like it how Zelda keeps making its music stay true to the original themes. All the difference is the instruments being played. the main theme is still the same.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Here's an in depth review of the two Zelda games on the cd-i. At the end he says the two games are grossly misrepresented due to the Youtube poops, and would personally place both of them in his 100 top games.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/zeldacdi/zeldacdi.htm
Eh, kinda seems like he's intentionally going against the grain. You know, just trying to be "that guy". I suppose to enjoy the games, you'd have to entirely turn off your brain to the fact that they're supposed to be Zelda games. Mr. Miyamoto he is not.

Just look at what one has to do to "enjoy" the games:

To enjoy the games you need to ensure a few things:
1) Ignore all the cinemas
2) Make sure you have a fully working CDi with functioning save state support (on some systems, if the internal battery dies, saving is forever disabled as the battery can't be replaced with a lot of work)
3) Get a hardwired three-button action controller
4) Have an open mind. Don't play them thinking they must be compared to Miyamoto's work, rather think of them as a pair of 2D side-scrolling adventures, released at the beginning of the 1990s, that have nothing to do with Nintendo.

I guarantee that if the controls were adapted to include separate jump, inventory, attack and special item buttons, plus the cinemas were redrawn in a Hayao Miyazaki style by professional Japanese artists, recorded with new voice actors...
Sounds like an awful lot of work just to enjoy a game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
To enjoy the games you need to ensure a few things:
1) Ignore all the cinemas
2) Make sure you have a fully working CDi with functioning save state support (on some systems, if the internal battery dies, saving is forever disabled as the battery can't be replaced with a lot of work)
3) Get a hardwired three-button action controller
4) Have an open mind. Don't play them thinking they must be compared to Miyamoto's work, rather think of them as a pair of 2D side-scrolling adventures, released at the beginning of the 1990s, that have nothing to do with Nintendo.

I guarantee that if the controls were adapted to include separate jump, inventory, attack and special item buttons, plus the cinemas were redrawn in a Hayao Miyazaki style by professional Japanese artists, recorded with new voice actors...
wow to do that to enjoy a game i rather just give up.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Steps 2&3 are "have the system and make sure it works." After all, even if you go to play OoT to see what the fuss is about, you need the game and system to work. Step 4 isn't too unreasonable. As for Step 1, I think I would watch all the cut scenes anyway just to see how hilarious they are, because it is a fact, they are.

If Gamer's In Control ever, for god knows what reason, gets a Phillips cd-i, I just may try them out.

GREAT I hate the Playstation even more now. If nintendo never tried to make it in the first place(the N64 might have been the playstation lol) then we wouldn't have Fanboy wars or those craptacular CD-i games.
Dude, are you implying that console and fanboy wars started with the PLAYSTATION? THey've been going on waaay longer than that.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I know, but if Nintendo didn't start the project in the first place maybe we wouldn't have these CD-i games, or some thing.
The early to mid 90's were a weird-*** time for gaming. There was a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that just makes us shake our heads now and say "WTF?"

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any ways back on the topic of Zelda...

any one find how addicting Zelda music is. Walking i find my self whistling(off tune lulz) Twilight Princess Hyrule field or Saria's song.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
^ Yes. I love Zelda Music; I've got some of it on my iPod, and I play a few Zelda songs on piano, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom