• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I tried playing Zelda 2 but got stuck and quit right away. :p
Haha, the same thing happened to me. A friend gave me the GBA version, but he didn't have the instruction manual so I had to figure out everything for my own. It took me forever to really understand it, but after I did it was a ton of fun.

In fact, I started a new file for AoL the other day.

:034:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I got stuck and gave up on the original LoZ after I found the first dungeon. xD I just have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing. I usually just get killed by overworld monsters and decide not to go that way again. 3 hearts is a universal suckage in every zelda game I think...

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I got stuck and gave up on the original LoZ after I found the first dungeon. xD I just have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing. I usually just get killed by overworld monsters and decide not to go that way again. 3 hearts is a universal suckage in every zelda game I think...
That's exactly what happened to me! And likewise, I have yet to go back. But I will sooner or later.

:034:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
That's the thing I cherish about Zelda 1. You are just plopped down in the middle of this humongous world, given a sword, and are free to go exploring anywhere. No explanation, no story intro, no nothing. I remember coming across the 8th Dungeon when looking for the 3rd and feeling really amazed.

It'll never happen, but I so desperately want a new-age Zelda to take this approach again.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I know you guys said that FSA is not the best, but the idea of four links just makes me so excited and eager to play the game. If I had any money right now, I would buy it ASAP.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's the thing I cherish about Zelda 1. You are just plopped down in the middle of this humongous world, given a sword, and are free to go exploring anywhere. No explanation, no story intro, no nothing. I remember coming across the 8th Dungeon when looking for the 3rd and feeling really amazed.

It'll never happen, but I so desperately want a new-age Zelda to take this approach again.
I understand that, but when they plop you down where you don't know where you're going, give you nothing but a sword, it's easy to die. For me, anyway.

When I get more than three hearts, maybe I'll enjoy it more. xD

I wish FSA had better multiplayer. I mean, you have to hook up a bunch of GBAs to the gamecube to play with other players, and I do NOT have four friends with gameboy advances.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I understand that, but when they plop you down where you don't know where you're going, give you nothing but a sword, it's easy to die. For me, anyway.

When I get more than three hearts, maybe I'll enjoy it more. xD
Yeah, but that is also due to the outdated controls and combat. To this day I die way more in Zelda 1 than any other Zelda game just because of the controls. They take getting used to, and of course the more you progress you get some amazing weapons that help out a ton.

as for my favorite Zelda story. That goes to Majora's Mask no question.

Spire

III
BRoomer

This is why I say that Shadow of the Colossus is the best Zelda game since the original.

Though it looks like they're aiming for more non-linear progression in Skyward Sword, with less of a focus on story and much more on gameplay and the altering of the formula we've come to know since OoT.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think you're kinda missing Spire's point. OoT is a lot less linear than the original Zelda. Shadow of the Colossus is much more similar gameplay-wise to Zelda 1 than OoT is, minus the dungeons/puzzles of course.
Well, the colossi serve as dungeon/puzzle/bosses. They are bosses so large that they take the place of dungeons and each require different strategies to defeat. Replace the protagonist with Link, the horse with Epona, his sword with the Master Sword, and his bow with the Hero's Bow and you've got the best Zelda game ever.
So this is a left field question but canonically is TP Link a lefty or a righty?

I'm saying lefty, personally.
The GCN version is canon, so he's a lefty. Looks like SS Link is canonically right-handed though, unless they give you an option in the final version.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Um... it's a genre-breaking adventure that completely nukes everything you've ever known about linear storytelling while simultaneously deconstructing boss rushes?
I've never played it, but I want to... It looks like a great 'zelda game'. Haha.:laugh:

But yeh.

Ct.O.B.

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting some negative feedback from this but...

What does it matter if Link is a lefty or a righty in certain games? I've never fully understood the reasoning behind the debates about this.

finalark

SNORLAX
What does it matter if Link is a lefty or a righty in certain games? I've never fully understood the reasoning behind the debates about this.
It doesn't. People just go OMG HE IS SUPOZTED TO BE LEFTY!!!

I think the only time I'm going to be disappointed in his hand dominance is if in Skyward Sword us southpaws don't have the option to make Link normal.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yea, I'm ambidextrous. But for Twilight Princess it felt weird trying to use it in my left and then he swings with his right. I was like??

So yea, hopefully there is the option.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Dude, I just pick up the control and play.

So sometimes I'll be right and sometimes I'll be left. Depends on which hand is closest to the control.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So I had myself the pleasure of finally playing FSA after six years with multiple people. (Time sure does fly by fast, BTW)

I just want to say the first area or two was rather enjoyable, then it begins to drag. The stage where you're in a town trying to figure out some puzzle lasted far too long, the battle for force gems becomes tired, and overall feels like the game outlasts its stay and becomes a chore.

Possibly my experience was effected because we tried to play it all at once and I started to get bored and let the others battle for the force gems while I just tried to get THROUGH the stage. :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I understand how hard it is to get people together and have them willing to play the game, but I would suggest playing it in parts to keep it fresh and enjoyable.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, at this point, and being on the internet, it's like saying Aeris Dies.

Should I spoiler-tag that?

finalark

SNORLAX
Spoiler alert for those who haven't finished OoT:
I hope it wasn't just me, but I knew right away that sheik was zelda. Any1 else know right away?
Given that we're on a Smash Bros. Forum and Zelda becomes Sheik with her Down + B...

Yeah, and did I forget to mention that at the end of Planet of the Apes it turns out that they were on earth all along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom