• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Bosses that are 2 hard r not fun either.

Ya I got like the first heart line filled now. Still can't get the 2 hearts in the Zora River area. WTF, I jumped, grabbed the ledge, and just let go like 4 times in a row.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Guys, I need advice.

I wasnt to get Ocarina of Time on the VC, but im not entirely sure its worth it.

Opinions?
Are you asking if the VC version of OoT is any good, or if OoT itself is any good?

If you mean the VC version, it's alright. I noticed a good bit of lag/pause when pausing. It makes the Water Temple that much more irritating, but it's only by a half-second or so. Aside from that I didn't have any problems.

If you're asking if OoT is worth playing period......well, that's just a completely silly thing.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Are you asking if the VC version of OoT is any good, or if OoT itself is any good?

If you mean the VC version, it's alright. I noticed a good bit of lag/pause when pausing. It makes the Water Temple that much more irritating, but it's only by a half-second or so. Aside from that I didn't have any problems.

If you're asking if OoT is worth playing period......well, that's just a completely silly thing.
Im asking if OoT is worth playing period.

And by your answer, I guess that means yes?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Im asking if OoT is worth playing period.

And by your answer, I guess that means yes?
No **** Sherlock! Ocarina of Time is like...best selling game of all time. Plus, For it's time, Lots of things were breathtaking about it. The then kick*** graphics(it made Super Mario 64's look like dirt) The revolutionary targeting system,etc...

OH! and in case you need help at any point....

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
warning the post below is a joke the goal of this post is to see that if the following statement was serious that everyone would agree that it would be nothing short of zelda blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what if nintendo released a oot remake and redid its battle system making the battle system and the entire world a fateful reproduction of the philips cd-i games. And this new oot would contain all of the traits that make the cd-i games so well liked including climatic cut sense of equal to worse than caliber and the systems and controls are something that is to die for (an entire game system made just for this remake. ), and on top of all that it comes packaged with a reproduction of all the pieces of the unholy triforce themselfs and this oot remake all on the same disk for your enjoyment!

majora_787

Smash Hero
If you didn't kill the boss and got the Emerald stone thing then you aren't done in the Deku Tree.

And ignore what that other guy said, don't play TP instead.
Ignore what this guy said, play TP when you get done with OoT. :laugh:

EDIT: Disregard this part of the post... When I clicked the thread it took me somewhere a few pages ago. -_- Bleh. But seriously, play TP when you get done. =P I'm doing it now in my Let's Play, and I'm enjoying it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like TP for its atmosphere. The gameplay is really weak, so I suppose my only love exists because of my fanboyism.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I like TP for its atmosphere. The gameplay is really weak, so I suppose my only love exists because of my fanboyism.
1. I AM "aloud" (Allowed) to like Twilight Princess.
2. I DO like it. I REALLY like the Atmosphere, there are just two problems I have with it.

First off, I feel it's lacking in the sidequest department. Second off, I wish more of its items were new AND useful. The Spinner was awesome, but how useless was that??

I won't say it was better than the Wind Waker, because those two are sort of tied in my eyes, but I will say it was a good game that I enjoyed playing.

And I am now, actually. :laugh:

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think TP is a good game to start out on, because of its ease. It introduces you to the concepts in other Zelda games. The order that I played the games in is so:

PH (Borrowed from a friend, and it got me hooked on Zelda)
TP
WW
AoL
MC
ST
OoT
MM

So by the time I got to OoT, while it was still difficult in some ways, it certainly wasn't incredibly hard. I used a guide maybe once or twice, as compared to TP where I used it quite a few times. Of course, MM was harder than OoT in a few ways, and I mainly used a guide there for Anju and Kafe.

I really hope Nintendo puts in a difficulty setting. That would solve soooooo many problems that people have with the newer games and it would also fix the "Should we cater to the older generation or younger" by making the game's challenge appropriate for each user.

:034:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think TP is a good game to start out on, because of its ease. It introduces you to the concepts in other Zelda games. The order that I played the games in is so:

PH (Borrowed from a friend, and it got me hooked on Zelda)
TP
WW
AoL
MC
ST
OoT
MM

So by the time I got to OoT, while it was still difficult in some ways, it certainly wasn't incredibly hard. I used a guide maybe once or twice, as compared to TP where I used it quite a few times. Of course, MM was harder than OoT in a few ways, and I mainly used a guide there for Anju and Kafe.

I really hope Nintendo puts in a difficulty setting. That would solve soooooo many problems that people have with the newer games and it would also fix the "Should we cater to the older generation or younger" by making the game's challenge appropriate for each user.

I think my order was more like... OoT, MM, OoA, TP, TWW, PH, ST, TLoZ. If I recall.

I haven't even finished Majora's Mask all the way yet. :( I went through my playthrough to actually go on my own file, and I got to the third dungeon. xD I fail sometimes.

A difficulty setting would be awesome. Make the enemies act more intelligent and do more damage. =P

majora_787

Smash Hero
Oops, typo.

And if my brief ranting didn't say it, I was being sarcastic and taking shots at people who hate the game for stupid reasons.
So many people bash Twilight Princess (at least as far as conversations I personally have had) that unless you mark it as sarcasm, I'll probably just assume you're doing it too. xD

Sarcasm and the internet... It's a complicated thing sometimes.

On the subject of Twilight Princess, I actually finally got the rest of my Twilight Princess LP uploaded,... At least what's filmed. It feels so weird to listen to myself talk. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
The order in which I played Zelda games:
OoT
LA
MM
OoA
WW
TP
TMC
ALttP
PH
ST

I've only played bits of LoZ and AoL. I've never touched OoS, FS or FSA.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm gonna jump onto the "order I played the games" bandwagon:

LoZ
AoL
OoT
ALttP
MM
OoA
WW
FSA
MC
LA
TP
ST

Out of all of those, I found TP the best. Don't care what the haters have to say.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Out of all of those, I found TP the best. Don't care what the haters have to say.
Good man. I don't think TP was the best, but it's nice to finally see someone who doesn't think it was the spawn of satan.

My order was:

OoT
MM
OoS/OoA
WW
FSA
LOZ
ALTTP
MC
TP
PH
ST

I was young, and OoT was my very first game. I've yet to play LA because I can't find a convenient way to, and I don't like emulators.

rhan

Smash Hero
My order:

LA
OoT
WW
OoS*
4S (GC)
PH*
TP
MM

I haven't played any others aside from those. :( *Means I haven't beat it yet

But I know the story lines. So that helps. Link's Awakening and Ages were my favorite stories to follow. Then it would be Majora's to Ocarina.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My order was:
OoT
MM
WW
TP
FSA
LoZ
OoA
PH
AlttP

Something like that. Though the only games I've finished are OoT, WW, and FSA.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
1. I AM "aloud" (Allowed) to like Twilight Princess.
2. I DO like it. I REALLY like the Atmosphere, there are just two problems I have with it.

First off, I feel it's lacking in the sidequest department. Second off, I wish more of its items were new AND useful. The Spinner was awesome, but how useless was that??

I won't say it was better than the Wind Waker, because those two are sort of tied in my eyes, but I will say it was a good game that I enjoyed playing.

And I am now, actually. :laugh:
TP was great IMO, especially for its atmosphere, but I feel like it lacked in just a few areas. It lacked in difficulty and sidequests, although, that's really about it. The dungeon design was fantastic, enemy fights were a lot of fun (although too easy), the "feel" of the game was excellent, the graphic style and atmosphere is innovative for the Zelda series (it is the only Zelda game with that particular art style), and except for the fact that Ganondorf appeared at the last minute (keep in mind, this wasn't nearly as bad as Tabuu), the story line was great.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Mine was OoT, MM, OoA, TP, TWW, PH, ST, LoZ.

I have not played any others. xP And I haven't gone all the way through Majora's Mask or The Legend of Zelda.

But yeah, they were all pretty awesome. Phantom Hourglass was probably the worst experience of all of them.

EDIT: I think you mean, wasn't nearly as bad as SONIC. Tabuu at least gave us some preview into the real enemy at the very end, Sonic just showed up going LAWL U R 2 SLO and it was annoying.

majora_787

Smash Hero
This, just this. Tabuu may have just came out of nowhere and completely usurped Master Hand would-be position as the big bad but Sonic just pops up and is all like "DID SOMEBODY SAY DEUS EX MACHINA!?"
So if anything, Ganondorf is exactly LIKE Tabuu.

We have a group of bad guys running around for one central bad guy, then at the end of the game the bad guy is revealed to be the pawn of ANOTHER bad guy.

It's the twili/Bowser and Wario, Zant/Master Hand, and Ganondorf/Tabuu.

=P It fits surprisingly well.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
my chronology!:

LttP
LA
OoT
MM
Zelda 1
WW
Minish Cap
OoA
TP
Zelda 2
OoS
ST (didn't finish, or play for long. it's a piece of crap.)

I first played Zelda 2 about a year or two ago. It's one of my favorites and not even due to nostalgia!

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hahaha, if you hate the ice cavern, wait until you get to the Water Temple. :laugh:
lol, for me the ice cavern was way worse than the water temple. Who knows why.

lol at everyone posting their order now. But it's pretty cool, I like seeing how people's individual adventures went.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hahaha, if you hate the ice cavern, wait until you get to the Water Temple. :laugh:
Right after I posted that, I knew someone would say "wait till water temple," lol. I hear the water temple is... stupid. But for right now, the Ice Cavern is really annoying. >_> I spend like 5 mins slipping and falling off those icey platforms before you even enter the ice caven, lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
my chronology!:

LttP
LA
OoT
MM
Zelda 1
WW
Minish Cap
OoA
TP
Zelda 2
OoS
ST (didn't finish, or play for long. it's a piece of crap.)

I first played Zelda 2 about a year or two ago. It's one of my favorites and not even due to nostalgia!
Wow, I always assumed you had played Zelda 2 when you were younger. That says a lot about the game. I should give it another try.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Zelda 2 has a lot of flaws, but I think the internet hive machine has given it a really horrible reputation. I'm willing to bet most of the people who have decried the game haven't played it for more than 5 minutes.

the NES game Castlevania 2 has gotten a similar reputation. I think that one is a little worse than Zelda 2 though but they're still pretty **** good games for their time.

edit: and Zelda 2 also has the most in depth and intense combat of any of the games since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom