• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Metal Discussion (Come in here for the chugga chuzz of the br00tal metal)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
god i love metal...thrash, death, black, theres so much good metal. Slayer, Amon Amarth, Venom, Manowar, Motorhead, Ensiferum.those seem to be getting a lot of play on my mp3 player right now. lots of punk rock too, but thats a tale for another time...

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lol, I was just joking..it just seems like a lot of people here only like things with a lot of energy. (Not sayings it is bad...just people should try to branch out imo) All but Unia and Days of Grays is pretty energetic anyway.. Winterhearts Guild is pretty much the same style (apart from a few songs) as Ecliptica and Silence... Reckoning night is a little slower but still has many energetic songs like aint your fairy tale, dont say a word, My selene, even White Pearls Black Oceans, is fairly energetic for a lot of the song. I feel like you are over generalizing sonata a tad.

god i love metal...thrash, death, black, theres so much good metal. Slayer, Amon Amarth, Venom, Manowar, Motorhead, Ensiferum.those seem to be getting a lot of play on my mp3 player right now. lots of punk rock too, but thats a tale for another time...
I am a huge Ensiferum fan...can't say much about the other stuff =]...but ensiferum = <3

Geist

Smash Master
I'll listen to anything melodic, aggression and energy doesn't really factor much in what I listen to. I have a wide spread on my mp3 player from floyd and massive attack to immolation and necrophagist.

And I was actually a big fan of unia, but I agree that sometimes they should bring back a bit more of the power metal aspect they used to have.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I love Unia and The Days of Grays...I think people judge things that are different from their "norm" too quickly. I know I did for those 2 albums...now they are pretty much the only sonata I listen to.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, yeah my tastes don't equate to all music tastes. But with every Sonata Arctica release I have liked fewer songs off each album, to the point where none from the Days of Grays piqued my interest at all.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Lol, I was just joking..it just seems like a lot of people here only like things with a lot of energy. (Not sayings it is bad...just people should try to branch out imo) All but Unia and Days of Grays is pretty energetic anyway.. Winterhearts Guild is pretty much the same style (apart from a few songs) as Ecliptica and Silence... Reckoning night is a little slower but still has many energetic songs like aint your fairy tale, dont say a word, My selene, even White Pearls Black Oceans, is fairly energetic for a lot of the song. I feel like you are over generalizing sonata a tad.

I am a huge Ensiferum fan...can't say much about the other stuff =]...but ensiferum = <3
fair point I guess. I, myself, listen to metal mostly for the energy. If I want to feel introspective and mopey I'll listen to another genre because that's not what I look for in metal. I find that this kind of music (not Sonata specifically, but any kind of metal group who mostly play slow weepy ballads) is done better in other genres. I listen to metal because it has an attitude not found in other types of music, and I feel alot of prog and those light fantasy groups are just pretty bland and unemotional

Palpi

Smash Hero
I wholeheartedly disagree about your statement about emotion of folk metal-esque stuff...but thats okay...we are two different people....But as I look at it, I find the emotion in the composition, rather than often times the lyrics. Equilibrium conveys so much emotion in their music, and I can't even understand what he is saying. Ensiferum's lyrics aren't very emotional, because they are very often about fighting, war, etc...but their melodies are what enthralls me, not their lyrics...their lyrics are just fun =]

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well, I didn't say anything about lyrics. I don't really care about lyricism except in a couple cases. But you're right, it's just subjective tastes. What draws me to metal is the pain and catharsis of aggression and melody.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I like folk metal and symphonic power metal because it takes me to another world regardless if the mood if reflective, energetic, it is epic =]

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Saw Scar symmetry live, I wish they had their old lead singer with them oh yeah and the rhythm guitarist broke his hand so it kind of messed up the experience

Epicas lead singer is hawt.

I've been listening to a lot of death metal lately and my styles in music are constantly changing from a once core related taste into more melodic death to now tradtional, anybody having musical taste changes? It happens a lot to me in metal

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Simone Simmons....ZOMG!!!!!!!! <3

IKR SHE IS SO HAWTZ:awesome:

In other news

- Cynic lost there bassist and rhythm guitarist and bassist so I wonder if that will effect the 2011 album

- Mike portnoy leaves Avenged sevenfold to try and rejoin Dream theater and got denied

Geist

Smash Master
Simone <3
She blew a kiss to a friend of mine at a concert. Not a word of a lie.
He almost exploded on the spot

And LOL at Mike Portnoy being rejected. Maybe Myung will finally get to write lyrics that don't suck again lool

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
oh my god I wish i knew about epica/scar symmetry and symphony x/nevermore.

._.

Btw how's Scar Symmetry live with the new vocalist? >_>

Palpi

Smash Hero
1. This is why no one likes you.

2. Metal bands I like. Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Equilibrium, Eluiveitie, Elvenking, Epica, Mutiny Within, Powerglove, Summoning, Alatyr, Alestorm, Tyr...and more...I am busy so I can't think of everything lol.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Powerglove is also in the symphony x/nevermore concert

Scar Symmetry used to have good vocals but they replaced Christian Alvestam with two other guys that are just average

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. This is why no one likes you.

2. Metal bands I like. Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Equilibrium, Eluiveitie, Elvenking, Epica, Mutiny Within, Powerglove, Summoning, Alatyr, Alestorm, Tyr...and more...I am busy so I can't think of everything lol.
1. You act as though I give a **** about what people think about me on the internet. At one point I did, but I gave up. SWF's community is a ****ing joke.

2. None of those artists are relevant to Scar Symmetry; Why the **** did you even post?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ruby, you are the reason the swf "sucks"

I posted that I didnt like them, and you got absurdly butt hurt because you are a huge sagging vagina. You are irrational in every sense.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Do you even understand how opinions work? It's okay for me not to like a band. Right? I sure hope so. If not, something is seriously wrong. I don't even understand why you acting so irrational.

I don't even think they are bad...they just aren't very appealing to me...but undoubtedly are appealing to others and I'm not too fond of their vocalists.

Top Bottom