• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
I remember one time i was playing a marth. HATE MARTHS. So the f*cker was f*cking with me by planking. I just stood there and look at this man drop down upb, drop down up b over and over. So i was like "Wouldnt it be awesome if i taunt spike the SH%T outta this F#CKER" So I i walked up not dash but walked up and used the slide after walking to do a sliding d taunt and it hit him as soon as he was coming up with the up b. SWEETEST TAUNT SPIKE ive ever seen. The only time ive ever pulled it off in a match. The son of a ***** got mad XD. After that his game got thrown off and i ended up 2 stocking him. Till this day i sill cant forget the fact that i hit him while he was coming up, not after he hung on the edge and let his invincibility frames go out but as he was doing his up b.

yoshq

Smash Master

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
no this is my feedback
Wiji is supposed to attack not camp. Camping are for olimars, samus, tink, link all those projectile *******s. We wijis go up to those camping *******s and show them we know kung fu. We illustrate how much ken thought us by shoving shoryukens up their camping a$$es. Besides if you know how to space you dont have to worry abt getting grabed -_-

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"how do u camp with luigi????"

Well... Press the control stick towards your opponent, then press and hold B.
Hold it.......... Hold it.......... Hooooold it..........

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyaSrKgWxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKK6b4I5e4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX9R27KXd8c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azLsjzQ5aNI&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhN9MyyVhZA&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xaAJ5VY5M

Vids from my last tournament, enjoy 'em while they last because I'm probably not playing Brawl for a year >.<

Before anyone says it: Yes I suck vs. Mario, and yes these are mediocre at best. But I got the moolah so IDFC <3

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
55:45 Luigi...Many still say 50:50 but it's iffy....The match could go either way
It either goes even, or Mario's favor. Mario has superior gimping abilities, a more versatile fireball game, faster air speed for quicker short hops, longer range on all of his smashes (including stutter step), and a ridiculous hitbox on his UpB. Luigi has a quicker and stronger Fsmash, and a recovery with more options, but otherwise everything else is the same between the two. The risk to challenge Mario offstage is higher than Mario challenging Luigi, as Mario is able to cape stall and UpB to avoid any attack. Luigi's fireballs don't go down like Mario's, and he has no means of actively pursuing Mario if he recovers low. He can edgehog however.

Mario on the other hand has cape and fireball, and to a lesser extent, FLUDD. The fireballs wreck any cyclone stalling, and beat torpedos. It forces Luigi to recover high and far away, because he can get caped or spiked if he recovers high close to the stage. UpB recoveries can be edgehogged like Mario's, but lacks the knockback to really put Luigi back into a suitable position. Mario has a superior edgegame than Luigi's.

This being said, I think it goes even in lower levels of play, but as both players reach their character's potentials, the spectrum shifts towards Mario, but not more than 6:4. On lower levels of play, I think Luigi has the upper hand. This is all relative, but high level game play assumes two great players, while low level game play are beginning smashers. No matter what level of gameplay, I assume both players grow in the skill the same.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I REEEEALLY think the matchup is 50:50. Really, there abillities are sorta identical and counteract eachother, Mario kills early via gimping, Luigi via power...serious 50:50.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I suck vs mario also, which reminds me, no one answered my question

luigi vs mario matchup?
Vs Mario is one of the most even matchups in this game.

Mario has a slight edge camping, and Luigi gets baited by Mario's F-smash SOOOOOOOOO easily due to Luigi's short range and the huge leanback on Mario's F-smash. Both combo each other a lot, although Luigi does a little more damage per hit. Luigi's Tornado is pretty gay, although I've been told down-angled F-tilt beats it. Both kinda **** each other offstage. Luigi KOs slightly earlier on U-smash, and significantly earlier on Up-B and F-smash, although Jab -> Up-B I believe is blockable. And F-smash is really hard to land on Mario if he knows how to bait with his own F-smash. Mario also KOs slightly earlier with D-smash.

I've actually played this matchup in tournament and it's really fun. You may or may not have heard of Shugo the Fox, but he's a competent Luigi main who has played against other Marios a fair bit. I went up against him in tournament and went 1-1 with his Luigi, and then on the last match, he went MK. =(

And seriously, I'm going to emphasize F-smash again. I can land this move so easily against Luigi by just randomly charging it when Luigi moves into range. It's also pretty safe on block in this matchup if you don't powershield.

By the way, approaching from above is very easily punished on reaction on both ends. Both Mario and Luigi can U-tilt, U-smash, and U-air through anything the other does from above. Yeah, just keep that in mind especially if you like spamming N-air as Luigi. Mario's U-tilt always beats it.

Famous

Smash Champion
Ah...not this again...Mario has no gleaming advantage in this matchup...If both players are about the same skill the match is even or slightly in Luigi's favor...

Sure us Mario's can gimp Luigi...but only idiot luigis are gimped at mad early percentages...It's hard to gimp smart luigi's that save they're jumps and knows how to DownB effectively...

I know the matchup well...Gimps are few and far between and getting the gimps doesn't actually mean you'll win the match

Player-3

Smash Hero
so guys

i was playing weegee on wifi because hes such a fun char

and i broke a dededes shield with a misfire

am i pro or what

the dedede was quite good too, i had him at last stock 150% and he made a comeback
was too eager for the kill
;-;

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, I had a misfire in the sack XD. Lol jk...

Player-3

Smash Hero
im going to a tourny tmr also hippie

cept for melee

and i wont go if i stay sick

o well im gonna go infect smashers with the croup and make everyone have full-blown-seals-having-sex-coughs

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Don't try to kill conversations Hippe D;<. There is no flame war, everyone agrees it's either even, a little towards Luigi, or a little towards Mario. We only see the slight advantages either way because of character bias. A third party observer would mos def call it 50:50. I vouch for a 55:45 Mario favor though.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Guess what everyone!?!? I was supposed to go to PAX this weekend, but couldn't because I came down with a fever of 103 the night before we were supposed to leave! Wooohooo my life sucks!

Also I would have won the brawl tournament there and made a couple hundred bucks in prizes since no other good people from WA were going. FML.

yoshq

Smash Master
Guess what everyone!?!? I was supposed to go to PAX this weekend, but couldn't because I came down with a fever of 103 the night before we were supposed to leave! Wooohooo my life sucks!

Also I would have won the brawl tournament there and made a couple hundred bucks in prizes since no other good people from WA were going. FML.
your parents not letting u go?

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

I'm HOT BLOODED

Check it and see

I GOT A FEVER

OF A HUNDRED AND THREE!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
The #1 easiest mistake for luigi to make.
lol sadly l still make this mistake ._., do teach how not to make this mistake

im going to a tourny tmr also hippie

cept for melee

and i wont go if i stay sick

o well im gonna go infect smashers with the croup and make everyone have full-blown-seals-having-sex-coughs
swine flu the tourney much????

LGD remembers me some kind of a drug
lol, we're all druggies here =D

@alias, your just jealous cus uncle hippy can use mario and luigi competitively lkolooll jk jk, still fun MU

Top Bottom