• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I was replaying super mario 3 with luigi, on my psp in a car on the way to a tourney, best car trip of my life

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I use pidgin so I have both aim and MSN on one list =D.

Hippie and Zhao are the only ones who show me love on aim D;

Elheber; I'd still call it predictable to an extent, but I mean there is a great deal more you can do as a an experienced Luigi rather than a scrub. You learn to find versatility in the recovery moves. My experiences have shown that unless I outwit my opponent spot on, they'll catch me. You have to try harder to beat them than they have to beat you, so I guess that makes it "predictable".

Link is predictable, and his recovery suffers for that. Lack of options. If we call Luigi predictable we'd have to call Link SUPER PREDICTABLE.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
luigis need to flirt with me more on aim

hippiedudeCM my sn k thx. im *****ing about luigi's aerial horizontal speed kk.
I can bear witness to his *****ing =D. xXALiAsVeeXx or aliasvotescu@Hotmail.com, kthxbie. Hippie you should make a list on the front page or something >__<.

Oh immediately state who you are or I'll block you from lack of patience =D.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Don't lurk so much, especially when you disappear after a hurricane hit your area xD.

TheMann

Smash Ace
AIM: sopha33
MSN: None i know nobody with it

I'll be on a bit today so holla if u see me. Cuz I'm rarely on it's a rare occasion lol

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
I saw that you guys were debating which IM client is the best.

I didn't read the whole thing, considering that I'm a lazy bum, but I reccoment Pidgin, it is supported on Windows and Linux, not sure about Mac OSX, though.

The awesome part is it takes way less memory to run than MSN and most others and can be used as a client for ICQ, AIM, MSN, AOL, Facebook chat, mIRC, etc all in one.

I love it.

Feel free to try it, if you want - it's free .

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'll look into it ; but does it support smileys and stuff ? I'll get banned from my crew if I can't use the 9001 meme-tastic smileys we use :V
aim-> none atm
msn-> nako1993@hotmail.fr

But it's useless, I turn off my computer 6 hours earlier than you guys XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I disable those similies... it's ****ing annoying when every letter is bouncing or flashing.

Also, WiFi sucks, unless you're practicing your camp game. I was terrible until I started playing solely offline.

TreK

Is "that guy"
we only have face-smileys... there's a :trek:, you know you want it ***** face*

wifi is either supergood or ultrabad depending on your character. It's most often ultrabad, unfortunately .__.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
With Pidgin you can edit the smileys and download new ones to use, I don't have any smileys because I don't like them D;

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Chip is better than Jerm and Jash. :)
QUIVOOOO! Quivo gets no love =P.

dang, so i guess PT is better than luigi now according to certain people in the tier list thread
Two things, reversed hypen smash. I think this does fantastic things for luigi's game, and ought to move him up a couple spots. Second thing, ivysaur.

Luigi's got the slight advantage IMO. Or it could be cuz I get to play a good pika all the time and adjusted to the matchup. But it just seems Luigi can kill pika too early and abuse his stupid priority.
I play a pika all the time, and I agreed with you until last night on FD. When he figured out that he could run away, spam tjolts until I'm close and grab the edge. Then he just quick attacks to the ledge until I do something, and hits me for it. Then rinses and repeats. I just quit. Probably there's a way around it, but it sure didn't feel like it. And this is a guy who's never beaten me in a set.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I<3 if and only if (L^2) + 7 > square root of 3
So its impossible for you to hate?
If L = Love, then...
L^2 > SqR3 - 7
Since SqR3 - 7 is negative and you can't get a negative number out of anything squared (unless its imaginary) than you <3 everybody no matter what your amount of love for them may be?

TreK

Is "that guy"
I play random if it's less than yellow, be it ladder or whatever. The more it lags the least I win, I don't like that so I try not to care. playing to win on wifi is just impossible =/

No maths plz guys, don't remind me I'm back to school next wednesday ._.
oh btw, I'm officially spending too much time on swf, tomorrow it will be 1 year since I started lurking ;V

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Defensive fox: chill out on platforms, shield the short hops. If he gets ancy, drop a nair before he can hit you with something.

@ title. Luigi is slow.

yoshq

Smash Master
defensive laser spamming foxes are extremely hard, but only if they start shielding every hit of your nado. until then you're good. after that luigi is just so slow you got no options...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
His recovery can be mixxed up in some form of ways so l usually keep myself guessing and yoshq pretty much said it, like if they're utilting and you nair break them, they'll catch on and start shielding against nair, and if you try to tornado too much they'll shield the whole thing >.>.

l wasn't sure if l should platform camp or not esp on SV, but do you do it when your upsmash kill %? or the whole match?

TheMann

Smash Ace
themann we need to play.... stop doing with anyone brawl matches :)
Sure I'll be sure to tell you the next time I do wifi :)

As for Fox. He's easier if he actually fights you. But to me the campy evasive type foxes can be annoying. And he's really hard to reach because of his speed. Not fun at all.

Top Bottom