• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That's Diddy's great use couterpick for going against MK and Snake :3

I read up on Diddy only for that reason but a Diddy main made me look like a fool by just using bananas and smashing. Though it was funny to watch :laugh:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Im helping my Lucas mains out here :p 02/13/10

Link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=265263

List:

1: Cafe (this is Kornn) (Metaknight) ($154.00)
2: Logic (P~S) (Olimar) ($44.00)
3: Slikvik (Wario) ($22.00)
4: Tantalus (Metaknight)
5: EE (Dedede/Metaknight)
5: Lobos (Toon Link)
7: Okin (Lucas) <----- Random other Lucas that idk :lucas:
7: Foxy (Metaknight)
9: Crim (Metaknight/Donkey Kong)
9: Jdawg (Dedede)
9: Bandit (Lucas) <----- Me! :D :lucas:
9: Apostle (Pokemon Trainer)
13: Dragon Charlz (ROB)
13: Larry
13: Orange
13: Rob
17: Steven Taguding
17: Quinn
17: T-Ryu
17: tonic
17: Jason Boim
17: Remu
17: GrgSpunk

I only lost to Slikvik and Lobos which used two charries I haaaaate: Mr. Game&Watch and TL *shiver* Ima go to more tournaments to do better but in my first Tournie I did good with Lucas :p (but I need to do better)

That's two for Lucas mains in the top 10

Btw soooooo many Meta Knights Dx

Edit: I have no clue what tier type I just know it was like an all out tournament (hence why so many S and A tiers there)
just for your information, Okin is an old school Lucas player, really good btw. He's kind of retired, though

@Xyro: i got 3rd placed with Lucas last saturday. I have good places constantly, but i don't post most of them here because people don't take them too seriously because i'm out USA. I'll be uploading my videos this thursday, post them in your thread, and choose which ever you want

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
okay I see thank you for filling in that blank. I saw him and he was pretty good.

Is their a tournament thread for Lucas here cuz idk where to find it. Dx Gah I fail at forums

I can't find the Advance Technique thread or the Lucas Tournament results thread but ima go on a mission to find it

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
There is a Lucas Tournament Results thread...but it's outdated, and the maker c3gill has been inactive.
I'd like to make another tournament results thread if Lucas mains don't mind. I think it's pretty important to see how Lucas mains are doing.

EDIT:JBandit...here are the threads you were looking for:
Compendium of Lucas Techniques
Lucas Tournament Results
They're outdated, so don't post in them lol. I want to make another Lucas tournament results thread....just checking if everyone's okay with it.

Congrats on your results JBandit :)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thanks Tokaio very much :D

I can still read the Advanced Tech thread to see what I am missing in my strategy

That tournament was fun for my first one though sooo many skilled players. I saw stuff I have never seen with some of the characters but I showed Lucas is just as good to be going against them :p

Ill try and compete in more and add vids

Boofy!

Smash Champion
A little trick I picked up with Lucas is running away from your opponent then instantly pivoting your Psi-magnet on the ground while he's chasing you.. comes out super fast and it's nigh impossible to shield it on reaction. Does anyone else do this and is this good surprise move?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i totally just made a Fassad character in my animal crossing game, complete with the mustache and turban lol

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Boofy, it comes out frame 17. You can definitely react to that and sheild grab unless their in their initial frames of dash.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
if anything that would be more efficient it was would be the pivot grab i would say, at least its more of a safety if the opponent is chasing, its definitely something you can react to the pivot psi.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thanks for the encouragement

I finally got an SD card so ima try and figure out what im supposed to do to get it working and try to upload vids though i don't go against anyone big really so ima just show combos I worked on for a bit.

Btw can the Advanced Technique thread be updated to a newer version? I just found a nifty trick (not theorycraft) with Lucas. Oh and is their a Lucas Main list where like you can see how may Lucas mains their are.

Also if anyone has some skilled Lucas vids or results go to:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267344&page=4

So far Jiggs, Yoshi, Ike, and Zelda have more results than us so if we want Lucas to move up we gotta put more vids and results in ^^

Edit: Now even Link has more

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yea it doesn't effect how I play with Lucas though Im just competitive Dx bad trait of mine

Eh :p

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i think i found something new
looks like (not 100% sure) that footstool+dair forces a get up animation, without using dtilt. I did that twice to a MK today, he was at 50%, dair once, he ended at 70%, then footstool+dair, i didn't even try to dtilt lock, but i had enough time to react and fsmash while he was getting up automatically

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
i think i found something new
looks like (not 100% sure) that footstool+dair forces a get up animation, without using dtilt. I did that twice to a MK today, he was at 50%, dair once, he ended at 70%, then footstool+dair, i didn't even try to dtilt lock, but i had enough time to react and fsmash while he was getting up automatically
Wait...so if this is true, then you could just repeatedly do it, since it's a forced getup animation? Was he in the air or on the ground?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
SDI my friend

if this really gets that out of hand, people will just sdi out of dair, which should be a reaction by now.

Jbandit come to the hagerstown tourney on March 20th. I should be there. We'll get in madddd practice.

When you get there, Ask Tant who i am; he'll tell you.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I found something cool that Lucas can do with Diddy's bananas. Short-hop to immediate airdodge picks up a banana, then attacking right after that would immediately throw it. It's your standard AD-cancel item throw, but it somewhat makes up for lucas' lack of a good glide toss, and you can immediately do it from when the banana is on the ground. For me, Y is jump, B is shield and A is attack so I just roll my thumb from Y to B to A super-fast all the while holding forward, and this is essentially throwing an item from the grounded position while moving forward and retaining momentum.

Now here's the cool bit: At mid range, Lucas can do this and dash right after you land into a FH Dair. See where I'm going? Diddy risks death starting 77% and has to be a bit more careful with his bananas. Even when it doesn't trip, the banana stuns for quite a bit so that the opponent has a relatively good chance to get hit.

And if the Dair fails, so what? Either they get up using invincibility frames with 4% from the banana, or the Dair hits and they can predict it and DI out taking much more damage from the dair. And if it doesn't, that's a kill right there.

If you time it right (it's not hard to do so), you can even throw the item backwards by moving the analog stick to the preferred direction at any time after the jump and before the item throw. Surprise pick-up and pivot throw? Sexy. Pickup to down throw to killing fair/uair/fsmash at high percents with no need of dair? Even more sexy.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah that is the standard AD-cancel throw, but coupled with Lucas' good short-hop it could be quite useful.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Found the tournament and most likely Ill be able to make it. And I can never use enough training.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that is the standard AD-cancel throw, but coupled with Lucas' good short-hop it could be quite useful.
Applies to ness since they essentially have identical shorthops, also because of similar air speed. Lucas is special because of the dtilt lock followup, though.

Hell, this applies to anyone who has a short shorthop and a fast airspeed...

sorry, falco, lucario, zamus & marth :D

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Wait...so if this is true, then you could just repeatedly do it, since it's a forced getup animation? Was he in the air or on the ground?
he was on the ground, dair+footstool is not really easy to do :S if you don't time your second jump right, you don't get the footstool, sometimes they can utilt you before you can react

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I am gonna post some vids up on youtube soon just cuz im bored and did alot of friendlies with my bro.

Also this was so funny. I went up against my brother and my friend. Now they use Pikachu and Lucario mains. Both top tier right? Well we decided to do teams. Me vs. those two. Now we did about....10 battles....9/10 I won them all with at least 2 lives left. These two are not bad at brawl it was just funny....They got mad at me but it was worth it. I have only one vid of them cuz well idk why but for some reason sometimes it just won't let me replay.

Btw most the vids are me creaming my bro (Lucario main) just for fun. Also just it's funny cuz that Tier list is fail compared to the battles I battle.

Oh and it will be in bad quality cuz I don't have a capture card yet.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ahhh I see now okay but the vids I got are less than 3 mins. Thanks that explains that. i might wanna check out the hacking section maybe to see how to replay vids longer than 3 min.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I only have gone all Lucas myself xD probably cuz im not that confident with anyone but him.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This past weekend, a Lucas player from Tx met me and my partner in WF and GF of HOBO 23 low tier 2vs2. I was wondering if you could view the videos and critique Tallman. It will only make him more of a threat in low tier.

Tallman(lucas)+Gnes(jiggs) vs Xyro(samus)+UltimateRazer(jiggs)==LT 2vs2 WINNER Finals:
Matches 1 and 2, Match 3

Tallman(lucas)+Gnes(jiggs) vs Xyro(samus)+UltimateRazer(jiggs)==LT 2vs2 GRAND Finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbbABOhbdoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlAVv41mBOo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9XeFfHX3R8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xup7YgLtzNY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZliZkXTsLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXl9Cowwo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XtpKOv8A0

Kole

Smash Lord
I had to mute my computer to watch those because Jigglypuff's voice is so annoying

Top Bottom