• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey so I am a vetran Lucas main I have been using him since day 1 the game came out and just using a bunch of different.(about 2 years) I have only competed in two tournaments but did okay.

Otakon 2009 - Top 16
Katsucon 2010 - Top 9

I am getting better with each tournament and I want to get alot better. I just got onto this site like a week ago. So any advice or anyone want to do dittos to help me? (But goodness wi-fi sucks for Lucas cuz if the lag is a little bit it seriously messes with his game especially when recovering.)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
kk and I agree wifi is fail for Lucas.

And idk how to upload vids so god this suxs cuz I learned alot of cool combos but idk if any of them are known xD

Lucas dittos are.....a little annoying but I am only resorting to this because I want to improve mine so I want to see how others play with him though I do know a few types of Lucas players fighting styles

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have a capture card so I can upload vids for you. If you want replays over three minutes just check out the combo vid thread and I have an SD card set-up package if you want to have infinite replays.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
so I can just send my replays to your wii and you'll upload them?

wow that would be oh so helpful :D

Let me go use some of my combos and replay them on my brother. (he hates being my test dummy) Ill just add your friend code and send them to ya sometime if you don't mind ^^"

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I hate smash service. I'd much rather you put them on an SD card and upload them to Mediafire.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Just come find me or something LOL.

add me on aim. I can tell you where to go and who to see for practice.

xXPinkFreshXx

MTGod

Smash Champion
Lucas dittos... *shudder*... Played a low tier tournament today, was in LF with another Lucas main - so ****ed campy... Ended up making him semi RQ Lucas by taking him to Brinstar and abusing the hell out of the hitlag, to which he CPed Rainbow Cruise and Jigglypuff... Anyway, so stoked with Lucas today - landed two offensive Zap Jump PKFs, one of them actually taking the last stock :D

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
JB, want to Mother fight? I don't use Lucas, I main Ness (duh, obviously). So you won't have to deal with a Lucas ditto, which I feel for you since I'm not a big fan of dittos myself.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
sure sounds good ust tell me when cuz things get busy with me alot so I need some advance. Def want to though cuz I need to improve ALOT

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
kk i gotcha ill pm you a plausible time if that's okay

Edit: Btw people say I use Lucas differently than most Lucas mains. I tend to manipulate PK Freeze and PK Thunder alot more than others I have seen. Is that bad cuz it seems to work plus I like using Dair instead of Reverse Air more. Plus PK fire is a great thing for recoveries if timed right. *shrug* just me.

Anyone got any recommendations for the best moves/combos to use for Lucas cuz idk where the combo thread is for Lucas

DOUBLE edit: why the heck is Lucas like a laughing stock in the Tier List section?

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
kk i gotcha ill pm you a plausible time if that's okay

Edit: Btw people say I use Lucas differently than most Lucas mains. I tend to manipulate PK Freeze and PK Thunder alot more than others I have seen. Is that bad cuz it seems to work plus I like using Dair instead of Reverse Air more. Plus PK fire is a great thing for recoveries if timed right. *shrug* just me.

Anyone got any recommendations for the best moves/combos to use for Lucas cuz idk where the combo thread is for Lucas

DOUBLE edit: why the heck is Lucas like a laughing stock in the Tier List section?
he is not a laughing stock its your friend.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
no im not saying that.

I am saying why is Lucas so low on the tier list. I can understand why he is just trying to fight back against the MK people that don't really know about Lucas vs. MK except the MU thing on this front page. Lucas is not as bad as that tier list says and I don't like that but eh what am I gonna do I have been using Lucas for 2 years and it kindof is annoying when I see that. Plus MK ***** alot of people but Lucas is not as bad as they are saying against him.

Levitas

the moon
;>.> lucas is actually precisely as bad as the tier list says in my experience. I don't know what your experiences are so it's not like I can say anything about that.

But if you're having fun with lucas, that's cool :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
post arguements where in the tier list? If I do I am gonna get the same refute as Chue.

Plus if I start it back up it will just be annoying though I would like to rip them a new one for dubbing Lucas Rank F and Low tier -_-"

Edit: thank you Levitas. In my exp. Lucas is great since I learned a few cool tricks but with Lucas he is a tricky character to manipulate now Ness is more physical then Lucas with projectiles. Lucas is my fav and best character :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yea but ehhhhhhh I don't like arguing too much since I am still considered a noob to the board (but no one can consider me a noob to brawling cuz I have since SSB came out *remembers buying it at the store*)

Ill think about it and I don't want to go in and just rant I need to carefully plan the arguement and think things through or I will be laughed at and sent back here. hmmm

*goes to munch on dinner while thinking* :p

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
If you want Lucas to rise, you simply need to rep him in offline tournaments.
Check the Regional forums to find a community of smashers near you. You live on EC so that won't be hard at all.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yea ill be sure to check them out. But goodness I made a fool of myself on the Fox MU xD I only used exp. I myself had had instead of looking at the threads on here....I really need to learn to navigate better cuz I wanna help but ima keep it to a minimal till I get the hang of things. ^^"

Sorry for going a bit head strong with the post but I like the write since im a writer :p Though everyone has their opinions and I need to focus more on that...ill get the hang of it :D

By the by where is the Lucas Advance Techniques thread? I can't seem to find one.

Chuee

Smash Hero
You won't if don't come the same way he did. If you are resonable and have evidence. etc
I gave you guys PLENTY of evidence but all of it got ignored.
Reasonable? Depends, to me it was reasonable, but most people that posted there were pretty ignorant so it was in no way reasonable to them.

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
I gave you guys PLENTY of evidence but all of it got ignored.
Reasonable? Depends, to me it was reasonable, but most people that posted there were pretty ignorant so it was in no way reasonable to them.
I'm not gettin ready to take this agruement to your boards >.< gettin outta hand.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just did and helped Lucas's name :p (even if I didn't do that well for my first tournament Dx)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
kk I hope Pink Fresh puts his vids up cuz he has some skill vids on youtube.

Like beating Boss's Mario and a bunch of other names :p

(Btw Pink Fresh saw all the vids major props to your Lucas skill)

D

Deleted member

Anyone else here get super giddy when they kill with Lucas's up smash?

...Because I do! ^_^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
it is a great move cuz they get sent flying :3 it is fun though the lag afterwards is like killer I only use it when it's perfect timing (which is hardly ever :p)

But it is fun to do :p

Btw Pink any idea on Tournaments in our area? I can't find any that are coming that arn't super huge (since we live in the same state :p)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Future of the metagame my friend, future of the metagame.

Oh wait, that was MK. My B.

Top Bottom