• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
don't take what she says the wrong way. I never sh dair! And I just told her it was bad lol.
yeah he doesn't. I never even used lucas b4, so im pretty sure after sh d-airing for the first time and see the lag i would
quit lucas
full hop instead.

sh dair = doin' it wrong

by sh dairing you have fallen into the grasps of the computer level 9 lucases
dude, my lv 9 lucas is pro he beat my kirby before! I even showed Tallman wtf!?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah so I played Vice's Ness and not only did I use the GR chaingrab on him for one round after grabbing him, I would then Up-smash him after predicting the spotdodge.

I blame rPSI for teaching me that. =P

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so like i was in a basic brawl... 3 humans including me and a cpu lucas. Player 3 was Wolf and player 2 was MK. MK killed wolf and as he did d-taunt THE CPU LUCAS DID THE ROPE SNAKE TAUNT lmao wtf!?

Levitas

the moon
Yeah so I played Vice's Ness and not only did I use the GR chaingrab on him for one round after grabbing him, I would then Up-smash him after predicting the spotdodge.

I blame rPSI for teaching me that. =P
Yomi is fun. Grab release crap isn't. I'm torn on this issue.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yomi is fun. Grab release crap isn't. I'm torn on this issue.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
On the other hand...I'm tempted to say that I enjoy GRs against Wario...when I'm Ganondorf (or some other **** character).

I'm a cruel player in general haha. Like...Ganondorf can Flame Choke -> D-smash Olimar unless Olimar DIs Up to avoid the second hit (which makes D-smash unsafe on hit). So...I told a scrub Olimar about how he could DI D-smash Up, and then next time I Flame Choked him, I Thunderstormed his standup.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm I a bad person for GR a Lucas across the stage and as he used Rope Snake spiking him with Ness?

:'[ He didn't seem too happy. (I don't do that on other Ness' though, that's a code)

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hmmmm I would have a hard time doing that to a Lucas even as Ness, I consider myself a Lucas player. And not to mention the Lucas i would most likely be playing is a close great friend. PHOEEEEENNNNNIXXX ALLLPPPHHHA

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
That's one cool cat.

I don't think GR makes you a bad person. It's that person's own fault for getting caught in it, lol.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I'm I a bad person for GR a Lucas across the stage and as he used Rope Snake spiking him with Ness?

:'[ He didn't seem too happy. (I don't do that on other Ness' though, that's a code)
One time when I was playing against a Ness, I magneted his PK Thunder. Then released the magnet on him to send him slightly further away and restore his PK Thunder, only to chase him and absorb it again, and KO'd with the second magnet. (he was at pretty low percents lol). 8D

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
:o Rocket is "band".

I'm having a little trouble with the Olimar match-up, and I mean ALOT. I can never approach him because he punishes all of them. He either pivot grabs me, or I get smashed in the face. And the thing is that he can outcamp me, so I am forced to approach.
I've read up on the match-up (Thanks to Rocket :)), but it didn't help alot. So, any advice?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Of course it's spelled wrong Chuee. I'm not band from competitive play, I'm banned from competative play. I'd hate if I was band from competitive play D:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
One's trolling. The other is competitive.

Oh, and I just cancelled my Dazzle order from Pinnacle and ordered it from Amazon. It should be coming Thursday. This will greatly help the combo vid thread and I'll be able to get the hitbox video done. :O

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
:o Rocket is "band".

I'm having a little trouble with the Olimar match-up, and I mean ALOT. I can never approach him because he punishes all of them. He either pivot grabs me, or I get smashed in the face. And the thing is that he can outcamp me, so I am forced to approach.
I've read up on the match-up (Thanks to Rocket :)), but it didn't help alot. So, any advice?
try approaching with SH > AD > SH > Nair OR end it with FH Dair

The first short hop to air dodge is to get inside him so he doesn't grab you while approaching, once you land you should immediately short hop again and go into nair, or you could full hop Dair.. i prefer nair only bc i will read what my opponent's doing and instead of playing like a robot and doing nair to jab combo or nair to ftilt, you can nair to grab bc he'll most likely be sheilding. especially if he knows the lucas MU bc most lucas' follow up w/ the same d*mn things.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
If we frame tight nair auto-cancel if he trys to grab us, we can grab him :D

oh crap double post >.>
**** iPod

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
if you can type out Lucas' down taunt how would you word it?

Mine:

"MMMMmmmuuuahuuup!"

Top Bottom