• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Levitas

the moon
I'm just gonna believe that orange will come back at some point (and hope that I'm right).

and APC is right, lets get some activity in here or something X_X

heytallman

CTALL
I am also sick, I've been sick since like, Thursday. I hung out with my girlfriend a bit Friday, hope I didn't give her anything...I plan to resume going to school tomorrow.

I also had to miss a tournament this weekend. I know for a fact I would have won low tier doubles with the guy I was supposed to team with (namesearch this, gnes), and I probably would have done better than normal in low tier singles as well. Also, I was gonna use Pikachu in tournament for the first time. I guess it was not meant to be.

Now I have to wait for March, let's hope I don't get sick again.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
so, i got this idea that maybe will revive our board

what if we look for the others characters boards, specifically their match up thread, and read what they said about Lucas. Then, we discuss what they think, are they wrong?, do we agree or not? if there something they should know about? etc. After we finish, we show what we discussed and then show it to them, so we can help and share each other useful information.

what do you guys think? (at least did you undestand my idea?)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sure APC, sounds great, you could probably run the thread. Also we could make a community Lucas combo video. Thoughts?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
yeah, i can run that thread, the thing is, it is not as easy as i thought, because not every board has a summary of what they said, at least not as good as ours.

and yeah, a new community video sounds great, it should have hq footage. I have tons of replays of me doing cool stuff in real fights, just tell me who is going to record and i'll send the .bin files

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
yeah, i can run that thread, the thing is, it is not as easy as i thought, because not every board has a summary of what they said, at least not as good as ours.
and yeah, a new community video sounds great, it should have hq footage. I have tons of replays of me doing cool stuff in real fights, just tell me who is going to record and i'll send the .bin files
I might be able to if MY FRIGEN DAZZLE WEREN'T STILL ON BACK-ORDER :mad:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sorry for the double post, it's just been over two days since I posted last.

So APC, what is going to happen? Are you going to make the thread or would it just be too much work for you?

I think we should rework how we are going to do our video critique and our video archive. We should have our videos done like the way the Gdubs/PT boards did it.
We're basing our new video thread off the PT boards - CLICK.
Basically, each player will have ONE post for ALL of their videos, they're completely responsible for its management. This single post will act as a personal "mini-video section" that I will link from the OP for accessibility.

Note - I don't care how you arrange your profile (format, colors, pictures, etc). But I do hope everyone attempts to maintain a neat environment. That way the entire thread looks professional, and viewers are more inclined to take a look at your material.
So with that out of the way, you're free to post! I will update the OP as the thread develops.
Also, how does the combo video look? Will it even happen @_@?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
whats your guys favorite lucas taunt? They're all pretty cute so I can't really decide. All make really dumb hilarious noises

prOAPC

Smash Lord
triple down taunt all day :D

i'm waiting for the Mario boards to finish their Lucas discussion, they have some good summaries, but if you want to start the thread, go ahead, i'm sure you'd be better than me

next time i'll play with my friends, i'm going to play only to do cool stuff for a combo video, i won't play to win lol, so PKBB2 will have exclusive footage from me :cool:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol, I have to have my combo I did on Snake on Norfair. It's U-air, Jab Combo, U-air, Jab Combo, lol.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
man oh nam my throat is dry

son i am able she said though you scare me watch said i beloved i said watch me scare you though said she able am i son

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
- spam pkfire until the opponent approaches
- nair
- combo nair into tilts
- use pk thunder to rack up damage
- usmash
- aaaawwwww yeaaaah

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
- spam pkfire until the opponent approaches
- nair
- combo nair into tilts
- use pk thunder to rack up damage
- usmash
- aaaawwwww yeaaaah
yeah. Something like that. By fighting Tallman so much I think I have a good idea how to play Lucas. This is kinda what happened when I kept playing Samboner's Fox.... picked stuff up. I still cant do anything fancy tho.

my lucas would be something like:

pk fire

pk fire

sh d-air

sh d-air

moar d-air

camp

f-air

jab

f-smash

am i doin it right?

edit: sh-dair is bad, **** lucas i ain't using him then. Besides i cant recover with him

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
you need to infuse the power of sakurai's chi, snake utilt, mk dsmash, zamus uair and marth upb into your soul chakras to realize the power of pk jibaku

i.e. spend two weeks practicing it

it's 1000x harder with ness anyhow

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I think this may be my new hangout since all the other Ness mains are lame and not being active. ;_;

But I'll still fail with Lucas. Just way too used to Nessticles.

Top Bottom