• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i dont even kno how side taunt IS a taunt, to me Lucas pulls out rope snake and it ***** his face lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
F down taunt, type out his side taunt, what the Rope Snake says.

I dare you.
"How come I'm not with Duster? Why do you have PK Starstorm, isn't that Kumatora's? Why do you have PK Fire, Freeze and Thunder? You don't own those? Why does this game make NO sense? Why does Ness actually have PK Flash? Why is it called "PK" instead of "PSI"? What is this I don't even-"

He'd say that, all in about 2 seconds.

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
Why is Lucas Low Tier?

I need some points. it would be very useful for me ^^

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Why is Lucas Low Tier?
Because. He's bad.

Limited approach options, grab release (as well as grab release infinite) issues, and subpar range are his biggest issues in competitve play, I think. Doesn't mean you can't still win, though.

Blue Rope Snake is cool. A black one would be cooler.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas is sooooo freaking cool!

I wish I could watch myself and play at the same time because it's just so freaking ****.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
it's hard to use ness and lucas and be good with both because their play styles are so **** different.

with lucas, you can't just run in for grabs.
with ness, you can't use pk fire as a spacing tool.
with lucas, you can't double jump aerials after a short-hopped aerial for a safe-on-block attack.
with ness, you can't have a killing finish to the jablock.
with lucas, you can't juggle with pk thunder.
with ness, you can't recover, period. no zair, no zapjump, no magnet pull.
with lucas, your neutral B sucks.
with ness, you can't zone using tilts.
with lucas, you're not gonna spike easily.
with ness, your magnet is soooooooo slow and near useless.
with lucas, you don't have a saturn shirt.
with ness, you don't have awesome hair.

two completely different characters. the only thing alike about them are their rolls, dodges and getup attacks. nothing else.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
so, diddy's mains have just discovered that they can dacus... maybe we are doing it the wrong way?
THIS

I have been thinking about this for some time but i just don't think it's possible. I really hope we are just doing it wrong XD lol. However, i did see that if you time it right, lucas' "dacus" is where he will stop immediately and Usmash rather than slide while Usmashing. That's the best i could do. I only see this useful in teams where your teammate is holding the opponent in a two on one situation and you run up to them to Usmash the opponent with out hitting your teammate. Dacusing would make you stop right away rather than slide and hit both your opponent and your partner.

Thoughts?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
THIS

I have been thinking about this for some time but i just don't think it's possible. I really hope we are just doing it wrong XD lol. However, i did see that if you time it right, lucas' "dacus" is where he will stop immediately and Usmash rather than slide while Usmashing. That's the best i could do. I only see this useful in teams where your teammate is holding the opponent in a two on one situation and you run up to them to Usmash the opponent with out hitting your teammate. Dacusing would make you stop right away rather than slide and hit both your opponent and your partner.

Thoughts?
What you said... isn't that essentially the same as shield-cancelling a dash then usmashing out of shield? (you can usmash without shield drop frames. just hold up, press jump and immediately attack)

Anyway, for other characters their dacus works because for a tiny fraction of the startup of their dash attack, there is a difference in momentum. Lucas actually stops, THEN increases momentum with his dash attack so I don't see it of being much potential. His hyphen smash goes further than his dacus.

The purpose of a dacus is for a killing move that can hit from far far away. Take Falco's for example. Lucas... if he had a dacus he would be much more threatening but I don't see why what you said would be useful in teams because there's always just grab release to usmash.

Other than these two points, you were right.

magnet absorbs on frame 10 for both iirc
Really?

I've always had the illusion that ness' magnet is slower than Lucas'. He seems to bring it out slower and seems to put it away slower, too. (is the latter part true by the way)

And of course Ness' magnet doesn't have that surprise kill potential. It actually has about the same, or slightly more knockback than Lucas fair.

Please teach me how to kill from Ness' jablock. I can't time his bat at all. (or were you talking about an aerial?)

Also, i was wondering: What if Lucas' moveset were made from actual PSI from his game? :o

PK Love: Too awesome to be just a special attack. This little baby right here should be his Final Smash.

Lifeup: Depending on charge level, heals him anywhere from 9% to 19% (same damage as pk freeze in brawl)

Refresh: Depending on charge level, heals him 2% per second for 10-15 seconds.

Healing: I don't see how this can be useful in Brawl... maybe get rid of flowers? But that'd be useless in competitive play.

Shield: Gives Lucas a shield that halves the damage of the next 3 physical attacks.

Counter: I think this would be broken in SSB, lol... I guess it would have a huuuuge startup lag. Else it's the bane of all combo characters.

PSI Shield/Counter: Auto-reflect the next three projectiles?

Defense Up: Reduces damage taken for, what, 1 minute? by a small fraction.

Offense Up: Buffs Lucas' damaging ability by 20%.

SpaghettiWeegee

Smash Apprentice
So, random question here: How much do you think Lucas's character was changed when transferred to Super Smash Bros. Brawl from Mother 3?

Such as:

-Physical Changes (changes to the character's 'look')
-Emotional Changes (changes to the character's attitude)
-Mischellaneous Changes (changes that, in the long run, don't really matter)

Discuss.

And yes, I know that Lucas can't do any of the PK attacks he has in Brawl in Mother 3.

So that's one big difference to startchya off, eh?

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
So, random question here: How much do you think Lucas's character was changed when transferred to Super Smash Bros. Brawl from Mother 3?

Such as:

-Physical Changes (changes to the character's 'look')
-Emotional Changes (changes to the character's attitude)
-Mischellaneous Changes (changes that, in the long run, don't really matter)

Discuss.

And yes, I know that Lucas can't do any of the PK attacks he has in Brawl in Mother 3.

So that's one big difference to startchya off, eh?
what a lame discussion

let's talk about cheese...is nice yes?

:lick:

wtf that smiley is noming on its own eye

discussssss

heytallman

CTALL
that was one thing about playing mother 3 on an emu that made me mad, it was nearly impossible to do the music chain combos because the sound and input were off sync
A friend basically talked me into getting a GBA flashcart so I can play Mother 3 on an actual handheld console. Also so I could play GB and GBC games on my DS. And experience GBA games I never have before.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
A friend basically talked me into getting a GBA flashcart so I can play Mother 3 on an actual handheld console. Also so I could play GB and GBC games on my DS. And experience GBA games I never have before.
isn't that illegal tho
not that it would matter... i mean **** nintendo for never releasing it!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
i didn't undestand Levitas' video, am i a bad person?
Not as bad as me. :( I know what the vid is about.... but I've never played Mother 3 because I'm still a noob on the interwebz. I don't know how to set up a rom. SML

Levitas

the moon
xD

when you use the "attack" command, the timing you press A with determines whether you combo. Press A in a specified rhythm along with the music, and you can hit up to 16 times.

Some enemies, like the masked man are inordinately hard to combo.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
pk love has the most ******** hitbox evar. No wonder it's so good in mother 3.

Top Bottom