• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

jd00824

Smash Rookie
check the marth boards......they have an apex 2013 update thread that has most pool results, but not all....just go back a couple of pages

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh cool, FAE, Mekos and PF are all in as well as Shaky for ness. I think FOW is going MK? Didn't see if he was in yet.

Lots of hype. =D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww... =(

Yeah, just saw the bracket. Unfortunately Lucases didn't get very far. Aww well, at least we had many of us getting in to bracket. That's pretty cool. =D

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
um...I'm sorry guys,I won't be around as much,I'm grounded for 5 months...

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Since I was bored, I did a hand drawing of Lucas as well. :p Hope you like it!
Only things though:
- I can't do his hands well XD
- Colored his shoes blue since I couldn't remember what color they were (colored it at school) and I'm like ok it's either Blue or Orange... Then I get home and see a picture of him... was Orange LOL
- Hair might be a bit too wide?
Background is pretty much random colors together to represent his PSI energy. Though my webcam doesn't exactly capture the full color and I don't have a scanner. :p
[COLLAPSE="Lucas drawing"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm sorry I failed you guys. I could have done alot better but I wasn't mentally there after they messed/rigged the bracket. I complained and got it fixed but by then I wasn't 100% there. smh kinda pissed at the situation but I had a good time overall, so im ok.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm sorry I failed you guys. I could have done a lot better but I wasn't mentally there after they messed/rigged the bracket. I complained and got it fixed but by then I wasn't 100% there. smh kinda pissed at the situation but I had a good time overall, so im ok.
I think you placed well, don't be down lol. You're matches seemed really hard, especially vs Kakera 2nd/1st round. Did you take a game off him?
And you did well in doubles teaming with DEHF, placing the same as many other great teams with someone you just met I think?
Also I saw you coaching M2K in the GF's, that must've been hypeeeeeeee

Obligatory 'did you record any matches/ know any matches that were recorded (and weren't dubs)?'
this question is for all Lucas'

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks. Yea I lost to Kekara game 3. He talked to 9B for like 10 minutes before he started the match and 9B told him to take me to lylate...smh. That taught me a lesson. No 1v1 friendlies before singles(9B beat me on lylate earlier that day in a friendly).

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Noooo I hate Lylat, only thing worse is YI for me. Lylat is only good against Falco i think, because it is somehow worse for him.
Taking a game off Kakera is no small feat though
till next apex

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The hype from SKTAR and now Apex has kinda died down.

But i've been talking with people around the boards a lot, almost everyone either thinks Lucas shouldn't be low tier or at the very least that his placement in the current tier list is questionable.

Good news for us. <3

Tikao

Smash Ace
Lucas is too good for LT D: ... even if he wouldn't move up in the next tierlist , Lucas should be the very least MT ... but then , i would lose my low-tier main nooo D:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas is too good for LT D: ... even if he wouldn't move up in the next tierlist , Lucas should be the very least MT ... but then , i would lose my low-tier main nooo D:
Lucas does so much better than not only his peers but those above him that it's not funny. Ness is the same way. I don't see why they aren't both higher. @.@

Tikao

Smash Ace
Ness is only a bit better than Lucas , so there shouldn't be many chars between them in the Tier-list ... Lucas should only be one place lower than Ness ... or a maximum of two , but they should be closer than now ... so Lucas should be in mid-tier ... maybe the point is , that Ness does better in some high-tier MUs (Olimar , Pika , Lucario even , zss , wario , diddy -1 / Lucas has only Falco Lucario and zss -1) ... but i don't know how true this MUs are (old and stuff) , anyway , Lucas should be mt , and close to Ness , but i think Lucas will become mt in the new tier-list

Tikao

Smash Ace
he can avoid grabs better with his fair (grabrelease and stuff) and has better high-tier MUs ... without the Grabrelease , Lucas would be a bit better imo

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I think it's because Ness has fairly good range on his quick moves and has some more KO options. =P
I just wish Ness' F-Smash was a bit faster and they didn't have Grab Release issues. Without the Grab release, I think both kids would go up like 6-8 spots lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I seriously cannot see why Ness is better than Lucas.
Ness has the amazing options of Nair and Fair whilst Lucas has to rely on mid range a little more to be safe. It's not a crippling disadvantage but one that puts him just below Ness in my opinion. Of course, I feel like Lucas has his own benefits as well and tbh i'm not fussed with either above the other.

I believe that Lucas' MU spread is hideously inaccurate (and other boards believe this to be the case too, thank goodness)... Ness has been getting some darn good results lately....

KoozyK

Smash Ace
i still dont see why everyone is so eager to get lucas to mid tier. So what if we're low tier...does it really matter?

Also somebody good needs to post some recent videos. ive ran out of things to watch

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i still dont see why everyone is so eager to get lucas to mid tier. So what if we're low tier...does it really matter?

Also somebody good needs to post some recent videos. ive ran out of things to watch
My feelings also
it makes me feel better when i win with a low tier too, and not many people will play low tiers so less chance of ppl knowing the lucas MU

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My feelings also
it makes me feel better when i win with a low tier too, and not many people will play low tiers so less chance of ppl knowing the lucas MU
Yes but there's also the other thing: Not many people play Low Tiers. If Lucas was in mid, he'd probably see considerably more usage and thus may do even better. :o

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yes but there's also the other thing: Not many people play Low Tiers. If Lucas was in mid, he'd probably see considerably more usage and thus may do even better. :o
you contradicted what i just said lol..
anyway there are only a few lucas' and i think all of them got into the top 128 at apex

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
our speculation of Lucas relative tier list position changes nothing in regards to his viability

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
our speculation of Lucas relative tier list position changes nothing in regards to his viability
Eh, maybe. But the same could be said of like all of mid tier and below. :(

@Jamwa: Well all I meant was that with more people we'd have better chances and Lucas could be figured out more as a character.

But meahhhh. :p

Tikao

Smash Ace
i would be better for lucas to stay a low-tier , because then you can win with a low-tier , and you can use him in low-tier-tourneys ... but it would be more realistic for lucas to be a mid-tier imo
the same goes with ness , if he would become a low-tier again , it would be better for ness-players , but he is too good for low-tiers

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm coming off of a hiatus. I'm trying to unrust my Lucas and have decided to start implementing more ATs into my style. Mainly what I'm trying to do is to make myself look unpredictable by varying my recoveries, but I can't reliably zap jump, especially in slight lag online. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me unrust or to give me some guidance as to how to perform some ATs on demand, rather than a "Oh wow, just pulled it off. Now what?"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys, I'm coming off of a hiatus. I'm trying to unrust my Lucas and have decided to start implementing more ATs into my style. Mainly what I'm trying to do is to make myself look unpredictable by varying my recoveries, but I can't reliably zap jump, especially in slight lag online. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me unrust or to give me some guidance as to how to perform some ATs on demand, rather than a "Oh wow, just pulled it off. Now what?"
If you go online often, use the practice stage time to experiment with zap-jumps. Lucas is one of the few characters with only two jumps that can make it under the online waiting stage, using PK fire ----> Magnet pull ----> zap jump ----> magnet pull ----> PK thunder

It's good because it tests you under pressure (in this case, off-stage). It'll get you doing zap-jumps far more reliably. =D

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
I can do a Zap Jump (I set my Specials on L) but I can never do it if I need to recover. >__>
Same issue I have. I'd like to become less predictable with my Thunders so I need to switch it up, but it sucks when you think it's gonna totally work this time, lose your second jump, have to work even harder to make the ledge, then subsequently watch as your opponent trollfaces whilst ledge-hogging you. -_-

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Learn to zap jump it is the best for recovering once you learn to use it correctly. It's the only thing that keeps Lucas from being gimped

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys, I know it's a bit off topic but what characters do you find... not scary at all? You might even love to fight them? It might be because they have no kill power or you know them inside-out or any other reason.

I think my big two that I currently know of are Sonic and Toon Link. Sonic is one of those characters where he does a bunch of stuff and I can usually see right through it and punish him: He's way tamer than he looks. TL... I dunno. I just feel really relaxed when playing him, dunno exactly why.

Technically you're meant to have some 'respect' for every character in the game... I guess I just haven't faced amazing Sonics and TLs yet?

Top Bottom