• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
item throws cancel upward momentum. it's probably the reason why we can zapjump with them.

was that even necessary? obviously from the animation it's thrown up. and does it matter whether it's thrown up or down? whatever directions, they're both still item throws. this doesn't disprove any of my points neither does it try to argue any of yours. so i'd appreciate it if you didn't go around the boards raising irrelevant points thinking everyone else is an idiot, thanks.

the tire still hit wario, and most items would knock the opponent too far away to be able to follow up. also wario moves waay too fast and stays in the air too long for this to be even feasible.

point remains, it's not competitively feasible.
No it doesn't, I tried in frame by frame with a Banana and it didn't work. ;_; I don't know what he did. >.>

crifer

Smash Lord
Sorry, I didn´t want to post something that would feel you like an idiot O.o

Point is: you throw the item up asap and, for example wario, does not get knockback high enough to get away, afaik.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
No it doesn't, I tried in frame by frame with a Banana and it didn't work. ;_; I don't know what he did. >.>
hm? i'm pretty sure it does. i once had to force myself to use pk thunder against my friend's diddy because i accidentally threw out a double jumped fair offstage while holding a banana. the item throw cancelled my double jump, and the lag forced me to pkt.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
didn't they just explain it^? lol. at the same moment that you're doing your second jump, press pkfire. timing is hard at first.

does lucas have a platform cancel?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
In the first video, how did you change direction in midair at 1:36?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas is hit by the tire, but doesn't take much KB at all. Look at his damage as that happens.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Depends on a couple things:
1) Are we being held off the ground or on the ground
2) Are they pummeling.

If they are pummeling and you release a little after the pummel hit, you will always ground break. (speed of the pummel will have some affect, so pretty much Wolf can always ground release us if he pummels, but Meta Knight can't always force one). If you are being held off the ground and they do not pummel, you will always be forced into an air release. If you are being held on the ground and not being pummeled, if you input a jump, you will air release and if you do not, you will ground release.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pink Fresh
Nasty
Ninjalink (uses lucas)
Galeon
Mekos
and if Oats comes back i've seen his lucas and o_o

Watch any of them and you'll see good lucas'

Also just noticed something. We have alot of top lucas'. Like more than some mains xD

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Idk. I don't get grab released much. I just wanted to know for future referance. Also who are the top Lucas's now a days?
Pink Fresh
Nasty
Ninjalink (uses lucas)
Galeon
Mekos

Also just noticed something. We have alot of top lucas'. Like more than some mains xD
@J: Add FAE too
Thanks for answering that question guys.. i feel like i've answered it too many times. lol. It only took like a week for somebody to say something. lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i really need to get back at posting here ">> usually it shouldve been answered the day it was asked.

And haha that question has been asked alot.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
pierce pierce7d death vinnie ksizzle mikehaze havok junebug zucco atomsk saffy ****** adhd gnes razer dphat xyro texas vgbootcamp malcolm vermanubis esam nick riddle nakat nairo anti weed ninjalink alex strife heero friends forever pineapple soda

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
that's great it starts with an earthquake birds and snakes an aeroplane lenny bruce is not afraid eye of a hurricane listen to yourself churn world serves its own needs regardless of your own needs feed it up a knock speed grunt no strength no ladder structure clatter with fear of height down height wire in a fire represent the seven games in a government for hire and a combat site left her wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck team by team reporters baffled trump tethered crop look at that low plane fine then uh oh overflow population common group but it'll do save yourself serve yourself world serves its own needs listen to your heart bleed tell me with the rapture and the reverent in the right right you vitriolic patriotic slam fight bright

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
Pink Fresh
Nasty
Ninjalink (uses lucas)
Galeon
Mekos

Thanks for the reply.
I wish these boards weren't so dead D:
Lucas's meta game still needs to advance more.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yeaaa I need to really come-back and update all my threads.

Also Lucas' meta-game will keep getting better ;D

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
hey i kinda use lucas now and hes getting better xtremely quickly! so i wanted to let yall know and wanted to eb welcomed warmly if possible :) my original mains are rob and tl but ppl are telling me my lucas is rlly good i dont wanna say much till i bring him out in tournament but yeah lol

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
How in the blue hell Lucas is supossed to approach Olimar >.>!!??? Ohh and I need some tips against Snake and Fox, how are we supossed to play against fox? :3 I´ll be happy if someone answer my questions.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
can i get a guide to approaching please? or direct me to where one is.
im starting to look like kismet with falco, im way to aggressive...

Olimar throws pikmins...The red one loves pk fire >.> Im serious D: How Lucas is supossed to play Olimar?
and dude, short hop nair and stay away from sv, that place breeds yellow pikmin. if u short hop nair, itll get rid of all of the pikmin but the yellow, and if u see a yellow coming start baiting the olimimar or outsmart them. yellows stun and slow lucas down when it comes to aprroaching.
as for red pikmin...i dont really understand how u approach with pk fire..but as the genius that is Chuee said, be patient and and careful, time will come where u can dair, ftilt, or smash a failed oli approach.

Top Bottom