• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, so... When you land in the PKT2 animation, you incur a certain amount of lag when you land. This can be punished. This happens when you end PKT2 too close to the ground. When you land in the freefall state, you also incur more landing lag. This happens when you are too far from the ground after PKT2. However, there is certain spot where neither of these lag "penalties" will incur. That is a lagless PKT2.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You have to play around to find it. I can't say it's "x feet above the stage" because how far is "x feet".

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Its not really 'lagless'. Its just that the main recovery time from the move is being spent in the air so u wont suffer not moving when u land. Its the same as 'lagless' tornado.

Pi-Nerd

Smash Rookie
I'm still curious as to why Sonic's side-b pushed me off the edge when I was holding PSI-magnet. My only update on that is that I tried on FD in Brawl +, and it did not work.

D

Deleted member

I was just reading the D3 matchup. You can bat Gordos??? Holy crap...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We can bat about everything lol. Eggs, ZSS's Pieces, Gordo's, Missles, Fire.

The stick is godly. I wanna be able to pick up a stick and randomly try and hit something like that away. ;3

MTGod

Smash Champion
Random question - I've been watching a few videos from you guys and there's a lot of Jab -> Dtilt -> Fsmashes/tilts going on... Is there a particular reason for it, or is it just a mix-up from the expected triple jab combo???

D

Deleted member

Why do people hate Lucas so much?

The current tier list discussion is quite amusing.

D

Deleted member

I should be used to this garbage in that thread. They make the same claims about Wolf, even when expert players come in to clear things up.

It's just irritating...but yes, Lucas's poop hair is quite loveable.

Pi-Nerd

Smash Rookie
We can bat about everything lol. Eggs, ZSS's Pieces, Gordo's, Missles, Fire.

The stick is godly. I wanna be able to pick up a stick and randomly try and hit something like that away. ;3
I was at camp playing Brawl Plus. My opponent was ZSS and I was the character with the most lovable hair in the game. For some reason, he did not pick up any of ZSS's gear, so I was able to run over and start throwing it at him. After chasing him across the stage in both directions, two pieces had fallen off. I think he is going to walk towards me, so I start charging my side smash. Instead, he picks up the last piece of armor and says, "Let's see how you like it..." and then throws it at me. The stick hits the armor into him, killing him. We saved the replay even though the rest of the match was quite boring.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I need help against DK.
I've been using nair to approach, but what after that?
Dtilt, neutral A, what?
And what if the DK shields?
How exactly do I attack or get out of there fast enough to where he can't grab me?
Not like he grab releases, but still...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'm assuming you're n-airing his shield? Then you do a move that won't be read and hopefully will end up being safe on block. After that start camping with PK Fire again.

If you're landing the n-air, then read his DI and see if you can land a follow up f-tilt or u-tilt.

PCHU

Smash Lord
But when I follow up with something quick like AAA or dtilt, he grabs me.
Maybe I'm timing the nair wrong?
I hit A as soon as possible...

Also, how would I get around ftilt?
Sometimes he'll just walk forward and ftilt, and I generally have trouble countering that.
I guess PK Fire will take care of this, or can I use ftilt as well?
He catches me before I can fair, but I haven't tried backing up with it.

And finally, is there a way to get in a bair during his upB?
I can't seem to land the spike, since he always hits me first.
Am I just doing it wrong, or is dair a better choice here?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
But when I follow up with something quick like AAA or dtilt, he grabs me.
Maybe I'm timing the nair wrong?
I hit A as soon as possible...
Are you hitting his shield or hitting him?
Because it honestly sounds like you're doing it wrong.
Also, how would I get around ftilt?
Sometimes he'll just walk forward and ftilt, and I generally have trouble countering that.
I guess PK Fire will take care of this, or can I use ftilt as well?
He catches me before I can fair, but I haven't tried backing up with it.
Donkey Kong has a lot of range and Lucas generally doesn't have much he can do about that. You just have to shield his f-tilt and continue to try to camp him with PK Fire. You can't really f-tilt him back.
And finally, is there a way to get in a bair during his upB?
I can't seem to land the spike, since he always hits me first.
Am I just doing it wrong, or is dair a better choice here?
It's pretty precise to b-air his landing. It generally is better to d-air it or before he does up-b you should try to footstool.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm hitting his shield; sorry to leave that out.

So, generally, camp with PK Fire and look for openings?
Ok, but...
Provided I do block his ftilt, is there any way to hit him back, or is that just so I can get out of there and PK Fire?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's really just to get out. I mean, you could try mix-ups and to bait his side-step. But generally missing stuff against DK = infiniting. :(

Frost94

Smash Cadet
im a new lucas and was wondering what a good playstyle is. right now i just stay in one corner and pk thuned him until he is at 150 then pk fire and fair to finish it works on lvl 9 cpus

mercy

Smash Apprentice
im a new lucas and was wondering what a good playstyle is. right now i just stay in one corner and pk thuned him until he is at 150 then pk fire and fair to finish it works on lvl 9 cpus
You're on your way. Only thing I would do differently is Psi magnet to finish instead of fair.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Lucas Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Lucas fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Lucas abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Lucas' chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Chuee

Smash Hero
Uh, I would give it a 6 or so idk ._.
Stage doesn't really benefit one character more than the other.
Lucas can't get gimped on most transformations.
ROB can dtilt/GR wall lock Lucas.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
helloo

so i've been playing lucas for a while, and my friend's suitemate is this legendary ike player. i checked the MU thread but it's not up to him yet, so i'm wondering how to play against him.

i usually just space with short hop pk fires till i get approached, then ftilt him away. i try to punish with my aerials... is there anything else I should know? If he's doing aether, is there a good way to interrupt him? does pkt or pkfire stop it?

and also can't you jab cancel into ftilt sometimes?

Chuee

Smash Hero
helloo

so i've been playing lucas for a while, and my friend's suitemate is this legendary ike player. i checked the MU thread but it's not up to him yet, so i'm wondering how to play against him.

i usually just space with short hop pk fires till i get approached, then ftilt him away. i try to punish with my aerials... is there anything else I should know? If he's doing aether, is there a good way to interrupt him? does pkt or pkfire stop it?
You can PKT him from behind and hit him out or PKF.

and also can't you jab cancel into ftilt sometimes?
You can't cancel jab into ftilt unless you do Jab cancel --> dtilt --> ftilt which only works if the dtilt trips.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks a lot to the both of you!<3
If anyone else has something to add to answering my question, I would greatly appreciate it! =]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hellu Lucas Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Lucas fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Lucas abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Lucas' chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3
Heya! ;D If you need anything you can always post in the stage exports we have as well ;o I'm with rPSI though I like it against ROB alot but the only problem is avoiding the walls and then ROB can't really gimp Lucas too well on some parts of it but to answer your question fully we have a summary of how well Lucas does on Delfino Plaza here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281961

And overall against ROB most likely a 6. Lucas can do pretty well against ROB and the word "well" is perfect not good or bad is it pretty even.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Cancel how?

If it hits a wall/the ground/obstacle, or a shield* it will stop. Certain attacks will cancel it out as well.

*If you skim the very edge of a shield with PKT, for some bizarre reason this will allow PKT to go straight through the shield afterward. Ness can do this also.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
idk i heard it will have less lag or something im not quite sure
and what ur talking about is because of the time it takes to renew the hitbox (i just learned that today xD)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Is there a guide or list of how much each projectile in the game refreshes lucas when he absorbs them?

Top Bottom