• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
So I decided to help the Lucas boards out by making a question and answer thread here in the Lucas boards. Just ask a question and I'll try to answer it. If anyone else wants to answer as well go ahead as I am terrible spelling, lazy, and possibly wrong. So start asking.

rPSI edit: I will be merging any qna threads that pop up into this one. I will leave a 3 day redirect to here.

zman edit: i'm a ****ing god

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
^^^
You can utilize this property on some platforms. FH Dair immediately and it will autocancel on the next level platform on battlefield for example. Useful for getting around the platforms while staying protected.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
actually as far as going for the spike goes, Bair to Dair or a second Bair is amazing. This is assuming of course you sourspot or miss the first Bair. I almost never Dair spike except as a counter edgeguard, following a sourspot Bair, or if the opponent happens to be in perfect SH Dair level which is really rare except against DK. Saving your second jump can be really useful when you're going for edgeguarding because you can double jump Fair if you miss with your initial attempt (and they're not in a convenient spot for double jump Dair.) You can get stagespikes this way pretty easily if you RAR for the Bair and it doesn't work out. I really don't think it's worth it to use a double jump Dair for edgeguarding most of the time.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
yeah occasionally. Especially against projectile campers since you can traverse almost every stage with Lucas's double jump and then FF Dair onto them. There are some obvious exceptions...like ROB...

Levitas

the moon
There's nothing wrong with moving, as it can open up the opponent's defense much more effectively than standing still, but don't approach as a general rule.

Lucas is much better at defending himself than being an aggressor.

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
How do you perform B-up where it instantly hits your head and launches you downwards(diagonally?)?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I must admit, the super cool title is what drew me in.
Saving this post for a future question, lol.

Levitas

the moon
How do you perform B-up where it instantly hits your head and launches you downwards(diagonally?)?
run off a platform, and as you leave the platform, start your up b. rotate it forward in front of you.

if you time the up b too early, you'll jump. too late, and you won't get the pkt to hit you as soon (your angle will be more horizontal or upward.

Irsic

Smash Ace
This technique is called thundersliding, and it happens when you activate up-b the moment you run off a platform, resulting in Lucas sliding off the platform a certain distance, while causing Up-b to hit Lucas since he slid off the platform. This requires a good amount of practice because of the precise timing required as you're running off the platform to get it happen correctly, and to make sure you don't floorblast yourself.

This also works on PS2 on the icy part, you can send yourself across the entire bottom part of the stage, and on the conveyor belt part.

lil cj

Smash Lord
This thread has been dead for a while lol
Im glad we brought it back to life:)
It could become another Omelet thread

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
A couple of weeks ago I was just playing against CPU's for fun and found what looked like Lucas' Bair pinging a projectile attack. The attack was Lucario's Aura Sphere at 27% damage and it appeared to strike the tip of Lucas' foot when pinged, i.e. Lucas' foot pointed towards the attack the instant before it was pinged. I checked Tyr's guide and he hadn't listed this as a property of Bair.

Is this known already and do any other of Lucas' attacks have pinging abilities? (beside Fsmash)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Could you possibly elaborate on the word 'ping'?

Also, a lot of what happened depends on Lucario's status. Was he losing or winning? At high or low %? These all factor into the power and perhaps priority of Aura Sphere.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
APC must be sarcastic there, he wouldn't say something like that and mean it....I think...
idk
APC was thinking lucas can L-cancel in one thread, so i'm not too sure lol
and if he was being sarcastic, he's real good with it

lol, you guys need to work on your internet sarcasm senses.
internet and sarcasm dont mix well:dizzy:
sometimes i may be serious and people think i'm sarcastic

Haven't you guys seen tha episode of family guy where the mexican immagrant at work teaches peter sarcasm.
"OH HO HO IS FUNNY BECAUSE HE SAYS NICE DAY AND IS RAINING OUTSIDE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKgiC1IOdg4
that's hilarious.
[no sarcasm]

Could you possibly elaborate on the word 'ping'?
when 2 attacks clash

This thread has been dead for a while lol
Im glad we brought it back to life
It could become another Omelet thread

do u smell what this thread is cooking? because i do =]

:094:

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
A couple of weeks ago I was just playing against CPU's for fun and found what looked like Lucas' Bair pinging a projectile attack. The attack was Lucario's Aura Sphere at 27% damage and it appeared to strike the tip of Lucas' foot when pinged, i.e. Lucas' foot pointed towards the attack the instant before it was pinged. I checked Tyr's guide and he hadn't listed this as a property of Bair.

Is this known already and do any other of Lucas' attacks have pinging abilities? (beside Fsmash)
The attacks that i know lucas has that can "ping" are...

jab, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, usmash, dsmash, fsmash, dair, bair fair, uair, PKT, and PKT2.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Do you guys feel that a fast falled bair is a gauranteed spike?
Asking again to make sure I'm not crazy. :psycho: It's happening a lot to me!

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
The attacks that i know lucas has that can "ping" are...

jab, dtilt, ftilt, utilt, usmash, dsmash, fsmash, dair, bair fair, uair, PKT, and PKT2.
Well, I first heard of 'pinging' on the Yoshi boards, and they used it to describe a property of Yoshi's nair, bair, jab and occasionally dair to cancel out projectile attacks without interrupting the attack animation (or not taking damage or knockback), seen here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199610, just scroll down a bit to "Projectile Defense". I just assumed the term was widespread, sorry for any confusion.

Because it cancels projectiles its distinguished from two attacks of similar priority meeting and cancelling without continuing the animation, as I'm sure most moves in Brawl can cancel with another if its of similar priority.

On the Lucario, I'm pretty sure it was down a stock, as well on 27%.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i was being sarcastic...

real question
we all know that when you use an attack and it hit, it get staled, you have to use 10 different attacks to refresh that move
ok, let say i use and fsmash and hit the opponent, then i use 3 dairs, and hit with all of 3, all the hits (that would be 12 hits...), then, my fsmash get fresh again?
Just the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels?
that was i told her /bad joke

Levitas

the moon
no. Marth's side b is the only thing that sort of resembles that mechanic.

A multihit move like dair counts once per dair that you've put in.

Top Bottom