• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
For fox you can PK thunder **** his recovery. So he'll take at least a lil damage every time he go's of the edge. And make sure you absorb his lasers so you can get health and keep him from camping you. If he gets really stupid about d-air approaching you can just up smash him. Idk if up-tilt beats his d-air or not? Just space and what not and you should do okay. ohh and n-air **** his illusion if he use's it to much (more of a trick for Falco's but should work for fox too.)

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Lucarios roll dodge, some one tell me what to do about it. and preferably someone who knows what they are doing against it. every time i ask a question in here its either ignored :( or picked up by a noob/person who doesnt even main lucas or the opposing character...so yea help please.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
SH retreating Nair IMO
what nasty said, it always gets either pivot grabbed or shield grabbed.

you might get pivot grabbed.

i would suggest just reading which way they roll, and follow with either a well spaced Fair or even a dash attack is great for punishing.
ima add dash attack
thing is predicting a roll can only do so much since lucario is the only character that gets rewarded for getting rapped.... cause as soon as they get to their comfortable percentile, they fsmash to oblivion and power shield pk fires.

Lucario player though pattern...*roll dodge, roll dodge, spot dodge.,,jab, jab, grab. hmm is that a nAir coming at me,gotta sheilddddd and grab... ummm roll dodge, roll dodge.... wtf is this lightning looking thing coming at me? just to be safe. power shield.. that worked..roll dodge rolldodge.. wow i seem to be at a high enough precentile. so lets switch it up. roll dodge-fsmash. rolldodge fsmash. dair...chase...........roll dodge fsmash.." wow that wasnt to hard.*

im getting really frustrated with this too cause its one of the few MU's i cant figure out now. so frustration is def. not helping.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
LOL KoozyK... well i will tell you this much... after a Lucario whiffs an Fsmash, any GOOD Lucario will turn to run away but then pivot grab bc it's extremely safe for them.

Maining Lucas you're already at a disadvantage (you know that, i'm sure), therefore you have to be able to read, predict, and outsmart your opponent way more than they would read you. Just look for patterns. Look you already outlined a pattern... do they roll behind you and then roll in front of you? Do they roll away and then roll away again? It seems you know, but you need quicker reaction time that's all. You got this.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
LOL KoozyK... well i will tell you this much... after a Lucario whiffs an Fsmash, any GOOD Lucario will turn to run away but then pivot grab bc it's extremely safe for them.

Maining Lucas you're already at a disadvantage (you know that, i'm sure), therefore you have to be able to read, predict, and outsmart your opponent way more than they would read you. Just look for patterns. Look you already outlined a pattern... do they roll behind you and then roll in front of you? Do they roll away and then roll away again? It seems you know, but you need quicker reaction time that's all. You got this.
best lucas mentoring ever, i feel like i needed that encouragement. good look nasty

KoozyK

Smash Ace
When I say retreating, I mean nair where he would be rolling.
o0o0o0h ok ill try that, but i have a feeling its gonna be shield grabbed or utilted. frames arnt fast enough. this dudes reaction time it pretty good. hed do work on the nc power rankings if he played in tournies and didnt roll so dang much.

Ru going to the Trill Tourney in greensboro?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, I think that's pretty much it.

He's got reliable KO/recovery options but I don't think it's really enough... /; I also think he has some approach issues against a few characters like D3 and Snake.

Don't let that stuff stop you from using him though.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I don't intend to play him anyway, I was just curious. I was like "if he has decent KO moves and decent recovery, along with (what appears to be) a good aerial game, how can he be Bad?"

I guess there's more to it than that :/

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mainly its becuase he doesn't have many approach options. This is due that most of our attacks have very low priority. So against newbs who don't know the matchup we seem very deadly but against people who know the matchup and use top tier characters or bad matchups we are screwed.

We or should I say I(my play style) have to bait the opponent and punish.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
is there a list somewhere that shows who lucas has a ground grab release to dtilt on?

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Do you think its good to go for a rethrow in the air for the ´nades against Snake?? I mean Jump > Forward+R+A. It seems to make Peach MU waaayy easier to me. What do you think?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Do you think its good to go for a rethrow in the air for the ´nades against Snake?? I mean Jump > Forward+R+A. It seems to make Peach MU waaayy easier to me. What do you think?
I go for it but it depends on a number of things:

1. How long did the snake cook the grenade before throwing it at you? (It might explode before you even have the chance to quick toss).

2. Are you consistant with the quick toss? If not, you might end up catching the 'nade and doing a Fair, and then the 'nade will blow up.

3. Does the snake have his other grenade out and already out of his neutral B position? If not, then he could shield drop the 'nade he's holding right as you quick toss the other one, and it'll still stop right in front of you and you'll still get hit.

Good question, hope this was helpful.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Down B makes you die faster if you try to momentum cancel with it. It's best to just FF-Bair to Double Jump. But only double jump if you're really close to dieing.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I didn't realize it was...

I mean Support Ghost/Shy Guys are annoying if you're trying to recover with PKT2, but since Lucas has a good deal of recovery options it's not as much of a problem

I guess the middle platform can interfere if you try to fh dair > dtilt lock? I'm not even sure, I dunno exactly how low it goes when it's angled. I personally have no qualms with the stage

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U can't slide up the yoshi walls when coming at it from an angle. Yer head just bounces off lol. U know how on Fd how u can slide up. Doesn't work on YI.

It's hard to get good zoning control when our air game is cut off(being able to attack from above). I'm of course talking about high level play. Now if yer playing people who don't know the match up or who are bad doesn't matter what the stage is right?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah.

The slope doesn't help Lucas at all either. It really hinder's his air game. The slope is too gentle to do the SHACD-air like you can on other slopes like Halberd. Things like SHF-air become marginally worse frame data wise. N-air Autocancel goes from -6 (assuming buffering) to worse, making n-air approaches weaker if the camp the center part. Doing full-hop approaches when they camp the center part get stopped by the platform, which when tilted right also messes up PK Fire.

Stage really blows against most people.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
If you do it right, you can AC your SH Dair when you start on the outside and Dair horizontally to the middle of the stage. It cancels wonderfully into jabs and tilts. BUT it is kinda hard to get used to doing, and if you mess up, enjoy your lag.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
true... but in theory craft you could catch them off guard and if they see SH Dair they might wait for you to land so they can punish your landing lag, but then surprise! lol. Idk, you are right though, it's definitely predictable where you'd land.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Generally the d-air is useless there. I've only really abused it at Halberd much. =/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If you get an aim I am always open to talk if need be ^^

However we have tried and since this community is completely dead it is just a wasted effort to try and have a group chat sadly.

We have in the past though.

Top Bottom