• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You either must be
A) Buffering the Z-air, which will cause you to airdodge
or
B) Just hitting the shoulder buttons which is just an airdodge

In either case, just hit Z or A again after that and you'll Zair.

T-block

B2B TST
Yo guys, weird stuff happened when I was playing Lucas yesterday. Is PKT known to do weird things when you...hit people? I was playing a Pikachu, and I was down too low to recover, so I attacked Pikachu with PKT instead. Then he somehow... from ON the stage, got stage spiked, then went into footstooled animation.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Yo guys, weird stuff happened when I was playing Lucas yesterday. Is PKT known to do weird things when you...hit people? I was playing a Pikachu, and I was down too low to recover, so I attacked Pikachu with PKT instead. Then he somehow... from ON the stage, got stage spiked, then went into footstooled animation.
what stage were you on? poke s1?

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

T-block

B2B TST
MU - DK imo

i asked my friend to send me that replay btw... once i get it i'll run it on my wii to check that it's not due to hacks, then if it's not i'll try to get it recorded.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
MU - Snake IMO

It really doesn't help when Pink Fresh comes up behind you in tournament and says "I would have changed," when you face a Snake...

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
so i'm playing this ganon... and i need MU advice (so ashamed rofl...)

so this guy plays like a vermanubis carbon copy. the way i play against him is just pk fire spam until he approaches, but then he forces me into a corner. this is the bad part, b/c he's very aggressive when it comes to spiking people, and i almost always get read when i'm coming back to the stage/recovering. if i try to approach him, he just jabs or ftilts, and if i approach from the air, he uair combos me.

Any help please? = [

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
so i'm playing this ganon... and i need MU advice (so ashamed rofl...)

so this guy plays like a vermanubis carbon copy. the way i play against him is just pk fire spam until he approaches, but then he forces me into a corner. this is the bad part, b/c he's very aggressive when it comes to spiking people, and i almost always get read when i'm coming back to the stage/recovering. if i try to approach him, he just jabs or ftilts, and if i approach from the air, he uair combos me.

Any help please? = [
Assuming he's playing well, thank you very much!

Secondly, Ganon has a really hard time versus Lucas' NAir. Trying doing a lot of NAir mix-ups OoS, and when doing it, try getting behind Ganon, since if you NAir his shield and go behind him, he's totally helpless.

PKnightmare

Smash Cadet
so i have a question... probably too general but I've been going to tournaments and I'm just a step below the people there. I was just wondering what ways can i practice to get pushed to the next level? I rarely have good people to play with so i spend hours in training or three stock comp battles... So any hints oor tips would be appreciated... Lucas main btw, with no exact secondary

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
To play at the best competitive level you can with lucas do you have to B-Stick?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Lucas boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
It's in yer favor. It shouldn't be too hard against the average lucas player. You need to make sure you use yer laser and gyro to keep us at bay. Keep yer spacing and don't let us get inside. If we do power shield to dsmash of course. You need to master gimping us off the stage. Your fair is the key to this. Basically get yer spacing and timing down. All of your moves overpower ours. Just find the right ones for the right situation. Practice practice practice! If you don't an advanced lucas player will destroy u! Stay calm, hold them back with laser/gyro, and punish their mistakes.

watch out for out pika thunder off the stage. U can fair it, but we can be tricky with it and go around that.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What options do I have if they DI the Dair > Dtilt Lock setup behind me?

I try to buffer a turnaround dtilt out of landing lag but I can't get that to work and just dash attack all the time. Is that even possible/probable to turnaround dtilt lock? Or should I just let the setup go and go with a different punishing option?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Umm...

From my experience, you can't buffer a turn around to d-tilt, unless you wanna tell us how, I'm going to have to say you can't really do it.

And it's sort of hard to d-air again if you just FF'd your d-air (which you should to get the d-tilt) because you have to go through hard landing lag, then you have to jump and d-air again which takes 10 frames, in which case you won't have enough advantage to do.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What are some tactics controlling space when zoning, while still avoiding getting grabbed?

In order to not get grabbed, I usually have to play a keep away game. But if I want to control the zoning, I usually end up getting grabbed.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
It's in yer favor. It shouldn't be too hard against the average lucas player. You need to make sure you use yer laser and gyro to keep us at bay. Keep yer spacing and don't let us get inside. If we do power shield to dsmash of course. You need to master gimping us off the stage. Your fair is the key to this. Basically get yer spacing and timing down. All of your moves overpower ours. Just find the right ones for the right situation. Practice practice practice! If you don't an advanced lucas player will destroy u! Stay calm, hold them back with laser/gyro, and punish their mistakes.

watch out for out pika thunder off the stage. U can fair it, but we can be tricky with it and go around that.
Thank you Mekos, really appreciated. I would say this is slightly in R.O.B.'s favour, probably 55:45. Agreeing with this?

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
what are some options for punishing people that are jumping back onto the stage (as opposed to upb)? i just want a nice way to gimp ppl, like while they are jumping back just like jab them and back air so they get stage spiked or something, but nothing seems to work for lucas. for something like snake, sometimes i jab them and run off bair and they get staged spiked, or with donkey kong i do something like first jab to d tilt, and there's enough hitlag or something that they fall really really far down before they can up b, during which i can probably edge hog. if i try to dtilt them, they instantly up b... anything that works?

Top Bottom