• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
Hey,

at first sorry for my bad english.

And now to my Qzestion: How can I Zap JUmp to Magnet Pull without B-Sticking?

Prophet22

Smash Rookie
Something I'd probably suggegest is hav Kirby steal ur power and use that yo heal urself so it's like Kirby helps u

:phone:

KoozyK

Smash Ace
you can, it takes a bit more work with it, u would have to cbounce plus claw if youre using just wiimote, if ur using the nunchuck it would be a little easier

Sully

Smash Cadet
I am using the nunchuk, but I can't figure out how to edit controls to do it.

Is short hopping nair/fair a good approach? Or should Lucas keep his distance?

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Only a few people can really manage that, and as a Lucas main it's probably not a good idea (using a Nunchuck).

short hop nair has low priority, use it for mix ups. As Lucas you won't be approaching very often... Lucas is all about that bait n switch. shfair is decent though, it's disjointed. But If anyone challenges either of this with shields, then they will win.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Why are there so few lucas's???
It's such an indie game, Mother 3 (Mekos hasn't played it yet).
Lucas is an awkward character to play, and he has many AT's that require awkward controller setups (at least for me, wave-bouncing a zap jump is impossible without B-Sticking, even a normal SH PKF) and are tedious to master.
His underrated position on the tier-list is definitely another reason (who wants to play low-tier)
Also Lucas is depicted as a wimp in SSE and screams funny when he is star-KO'd. Maybe a contributing factor.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha, I'm used to his star-KO cry now.

I totally agree he's under-rated. :D

However I can do most of his ATs with default settings... using wii-chuk. :p

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
How exactly can you do his AT's???
I understand what's pressed,but there may be other things...

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Let's say I froze the other player with PK Freeze,what should I do if:
1- He/She is next to me
2- Is far away
3- Is high in the air

I always try to Nair them to rack up damage but I don't know if there is a better option

Jamwa

Smash Champion
1- He/She is next to me
2- Is far away
3- Is high in the air

I always try to Nair them to rack up damage but I don't know if there is a better option
1. next to you, time an usmash lel (as they break out),or dsmash if theyre RIGHT next to you, or DJC > dtilt lock if u are FAE, or use dair above them when they break out as a safe option (they can use anymove out of Pk freeze), or pk freeze again
2. if they far away, PK freeze again for tha combo
3. high in the air, i dunno PKT if they are really high or get another PK Freeze.

PK freeze combos are the siqqest

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I enjoy using Dsmash if they are close to me: I usually get at least 2 hits and it gives a ton of damage. DON'T use PK fire though. One of those and they're out with only 6 or 8% more-ish. :(

A Shameful Lucas

Smash Rookie
1- He/She is next to me
2- Is far away
3- Is high in the air

For 1 and 2 I suggest using PKFreeze again to get them in a PKfreeze lock. For 3 You can zap jump and hit them with PKfire or zair jump and try to hit them with an aerial.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Unsure what you mean yoshi.

If you want to make your magnet come out on the same side as PK fire, just PK fire and press straight down when you use magnet.

If you want to reverse, press down and slam in the other direction.

To make it go the other way after a PK fire, press down diagonally to the side you want to face when you magnet.

Help at all?

Oops, sorry, i'm speaking from wii-chuk experience.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
1- Jump
2- Gain momentum <- (that way) by either running in that direction before you jump or via B-sticking the Psi Fire
3- Psi Fire->
4- Buffer these inputs (I'm not sure about having to buffer, but I know these are the inputs)
4a- down Left
4b- down + Psi Magnet (Hold it)
4c- down Right

arrows are too hard
FAE did a tutorial of this on his youtube and on this forum

It's called a Reverse Magnet Pull

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Okay,quick question...
does this polo shirt make me look fat?

er...does the Fsmash's ability to reflect do anything well???is it used at all???is it even viable?
or does the Psi Magnet do everything better(besides the obvious example of non energy projectiles)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay,quick question...
does this polo shirt make me look fat?

er...does the Fsmash's ability to reflect do anything well???is it used at all???is it even viable?
or does the Psi Magnet do everything better(besides the obvious example of non energy projectiles)
In some MUs, it's viable but only if you predict it and usually depending on your situation. Take Lucario. He's at 80% and casts a fully-charged Aura sphere at you, which you know is coming for whatever reason (maybe you've played with him before and know how he thinks, etc...?). If you reflect it back at him, you'll kill him, whereas healing will only draw out the stock with minimal chance of killing him early unless you get the Dtilt lock. or he's trying to AD on to a platform (he's asking for a Usmash). That said, if he was only at like 0, or perhaps he's at rediculous percents and you know all you need to kill him is like a Fair, then going for the heal may be better.

If you're at 0 percent and see that coming, always go for the Fsmash. :p

Most attacks it's just better to absorb though, and most opponents play mind-games with their projectiles anyway.

Tikao

Smash Ace
it's funneh against some chars ... always use the fsmash to reflect fox's Laser xD and then lough at them with evil bowser laughing muhahaha ... but that's more funneh with Ness , you got 10-20% , he like 1-2 ... ok , can be good , when you predict something like ... let's say a snake isn't timing his granades perfectly , so you can reflect them ... if he times them perfectly , they just blow up in your face ... can be good against Samus and Lucario , if there in kill % and you read them ... if it wouldn't kill , just heal yourself ... ok can be good against tink maybe , when they spam some arrows and boomerangs ... can be good against d³ xDD ... if they get a gordo (oh how these spikey-things are named) and you reflect it , it's also funneh and usefull ... maybe against Rob's down-b ... don't know , if Lucas fsmash is fast enough , when Rob's down-b is fully charged , but it should be risky ... maybe it could be usefll against spammy Olimars ...

but it's always funneh

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Good to reflect pikmin, that is such a legitimate use for it. ^^

And usually with faster projectiles you just bat it away, it doesn't truly 'reflect'. This is the case with ROBs down B. With Snake, it's possible to reflect but if you don't time it right, you get a part of the bat that just blows the grenade up rather than reflecting it and that's not fun.

With snake, if he's not timing his grenades, throw them back at him. If he is, stay in the air, as he can't throw them fast enough in that direction, especially if you're on the other side of the stage. :happysheep:

Tikao

Smash Ace
reflect the nades isn't only for dodging them , more like for damage ... just throw them away should be realy hard , if the snake is good with his nades , no snake should throw them in a timing , where you can simply catch them and throw them away , when you reflect nades , they're just a realy short time near you , in the range , where you can get hurt , before the nade is reflected ... but (like you said) , you must time it correctly , so it doesn't hit that part of the stick/bat , which makes the nade to detonate... "hey there's a granade in front of me , what should i do ... LET'S HIT IT WITH THE BASEBALL BAT **** YEAH ... Love dat brawl logic ...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, that's why if he's timing it, you wanna stay in the air.

Or near him and let him shield pressure himself. there's a certain distance you can stand from him where if he throws it, he risks damaging both of you or perhaps only himself, whereas if he holds it it damages his shield/only hurts him.

It's so much fun to mind-game snakes in to their own stuff. It may be a terri-bad MU theoretically but i don't see why aside from the GR ->Utilt. PK fire is so good in this MU, are we sure this should be a -3??

And yes, lets BAT the grenades coming right towards us... don't worry guys i got dis... played baseball with ness a HUNDRED times before! *gets blown up by grenades*

... I'll reflect em next time. :3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Would anyone have any objections to me creating a new MU discussion thread? Our old one is old and dead and I think a new one would be really good. I have the OP planned out. =)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno, I have to agree with BC. It's like, us three that keeps this board from being dead. :p

I won't reflect on it anymore, though. I have a legitimate question.

It was online, granted and this person has effectively grown up on wifi but still, I feel like bashing myself in the head with a brick... How am i meant to deal with zelda? It's just like, she's not MEANT to have great approaches but online it feels like she can use Nair to whatever the heck she wants and gets away with it. It's so frustrating to be locked with Usmashes and whatnot... I won't take credit away from this guy where credit is due, he is great... but I need to learn how to beat it. Darn reflector makes SH PKF so much harder and I have to be a lot more precise to make it go over my head instead of hit me in the face. ><

Maybe it's just wifi... *sigh* ... but still...

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
dude dont worry about mods lucas boards are fine
I only said it because Luco wants a active Mod here :w

Personally it doesn't worry me seeing as its fine in terms of behaviour.

I dunno, I have to agree with BC. It's like, us three that keeps this board from being dead. :p

I won't reflect on it anymore, though. I have a legitimate question.

It was online, granted and this person has effectively grown up on wifi but still, I feel like bashing myself in the head with a brick... How am i meant to deal with zelda? It's just like, she's not MEANT to have great approaches but online it feels like She can use Nair to whatever the heck she wants and gets away with it. It's so frustrating to be locked with Usmashes and whatnot...I won't take credit away from this guy where credit is due, he is great... but I need to learn how to beat it. Darn reflector makes SH PKF so much harder and I have to be a lot more precise to make it go over my head instead of hit me in the face. ><

Maybe it's just wifi... *sigh* ... but still...

Sounds like the mother boys online.

Top Bottom