• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
so you're saying that the way you DI is simply the way you end up? So i'm guessing this only works for really weak moves then? I had no idea regular DI could even do that.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
DI on any attack shifts you slightly the way you would do it on Lucas' Dair, IIRC. It additionally changes the angle of trajectory but it's only noticeable with attacks that have perceivable knockback. I haven't played Smash in a month so don't hold me for this.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Meteor Smashes, not spikes.
He has Bair (moderately strong) and Dair (weak).
Bair spikes at the tip of his foot, which is hard to land at first but as you get more used to it, you can probably land it fairly easily.
Dair has a weak spike at the LAST hit, which is really good for locking. Offstage it meteor smashes most characters beyond recovery probably about 80%+ IIRC.

If you're looking to troll CPUs or inexperienced players then Bair offstage is good if you can land a sweetspot.
If you want to fight good, knowledgeable players, then don't try to meteor smash them, just either camp them with PK Thunder, try to follow them offstage if you think you're good enough or wait and try to read what they do once they grab the ledge (SH PK Fire is good for ledge attacks).

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Dair isn't a meteor or spike iirc. It just sends people down, and can be cancelled by a jump or up-b very quickly even at high percent.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
SDI doesn't work by just holding up.
It's normal DI, and it changes the meteor to a upward diagonal knock back.

Meteor cancelling is done by holding up with tap jump or pressing up b or x/y. Spamming x/y though will actually increase the duration of the meteor, so you can only press it after hitting.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Well it acts just like a weak meteor smash anyway, so we should just treat it as one. Also I'm pretty sure different characters have different wait frames before they can Meteor Cancel, I heard Pit or someone like that has to wait 60 frames to cancel.

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
I dont get this footstool zair dtilt lock combos :(
I think i have to buffer a second jump out of the footstool animation and then do a second jump cancel, right?
Can anyone tell me exactly how to pull these off?

And the same thing does also work with Items instead of the ropesnake? like in this Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNjpHB_18WA

Jamwa

Smash Champion
So your inputs will be (in this order)

Footstall__________ Use Jump
DoubleJump_______ Must Use Tap Jump to Buffer the Double Jump after Footstall
Airdodge__________ Use whatever (not grab though)
Zair______________You can press A if you're still holding down shield after airdodging

for items, its just

Footstall
Double Jump
Throw Item

I think
not sure, try it. But you gotta use tap jump to buffer the second jump.
That's why I dont do this lol... Can't play with tap jump.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Can't edit my post so just adding that you must input the Doublejump, airdodge and Zair within 10 frames of footstalling

KanjiGames

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kanji12
Thanks for the quick response, I thought I have to wait really long becaue the Lucas Board seems dead xD
Testet it and its actually easier than it looks =D
but its so hard to play with TapJump on

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick response, I thought I have to wait really long becaue the Lucas Board seems dead xD
Testet it and its actually easier than it looks =D
but its so hard to play with TapJump on
Yeah with the new alert system it helps :)
glad i could help

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Uh, the only way is to power shield... because shield drop is 1 frame or soemthing
you can only Spot Dodge, Roll, Grab, Jump, and Jump cancelled Usmash OoS normally

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I keep hearing about Dsmash OoS... but if you have to drop your shield that doesn't make it OoS? I wish we had a good OoS option though.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
we have such good options
uair oos, dair oos, nair oos
and our grab means people have to space far away with aerials of they get grabbed
also dont forget out usmash oos on laggy moves like zamus' utilt

learn to uair oos though, it has insane horizontal range
watch pink fresh do it, its cray

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
And Uairs only disjoint is upper back of his head, are you saying if someone is going to attack us we face away and hold up shield? if they're attacking us i think it'd be easier to nair oos. lol @ zamus, if they know the MU you just WB magnet their Dsmash at the ledge.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i keep hearing that we have subpar aerials or something about dair having horrible horizontal range and nair being easy to sdi.:confused:.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i keep hearing that we have subpar aerials or something about dair having horrible horizontal range and nair being easy to sdi.:confused:.
why use dair for horizontal range when u have fair....
and if they SDI nair then you can instantly utilt/uair during the hitstun

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
the guy said fair has bad range and that dair is a bad move because it has landing lag.... and he went on to say that ness' nair is good because it has no landing lag unlike our dair...? and then he started talking about how the :pikachu2:MU is -1 at best and how we do just as bad against :pt: than ness.
like seriously wtf?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
the guy said fair has bad range and that dair is a bad move because it has landing lag.... and he went on to say that ness' nair is good because it has no landing lag unlike our dair...? and then he started talking about how the :pikachu2:MU is -1 at best and how we do just as bad against :pt: than ness.
like seriously wtf?
that guy is sooooooooooo wrong

dair has less lag than ness nair (way less, check the frame data) especially on shield too

fair is super disjointed, it hits below us and quite far infront

pika v lucas is 0 from what i've gathered watching ESAM vs Mekos

Lucas better than PT because Charizard gets rekt by our nair and dair (shield poke 2 strong), Ivysaur can be camped easily, and squirtle has a similar moveset to lucas but he gets gimped and ALL of his B moves are useless against Lucas if you recover correctly. Ness gets gimped hard in that, and cant really camp ivysaur as much as us, and has no shield pressure against zard

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i thought ness was -2 cause zard & squirtle had semi-infinites. also the quote was
"Lucas does just as bad as Pkmn T as Ness if not worse, atrocious air game and still gets beaten by GR, just not as much"
and isnt :pikachu2:like +2 our favour if we get "that stage"?

also i just got two stocked by a diddy :/

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i thought ness was -2 cause zard & squirtle had semi-infinites. also the quote was
"Lucas does just as bad as Pkmn T as Ness if not worse, atrocious air game and still gets beaten by GR, just not as much"
and isnt :pikachu2:like +2 our favour if we get "that stage"?

also i just got two stocked by a diddy :/
that stage? corneria? Lucas op there +5 vs anyone

diddy op

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Also when I press X, Up and C-right in that order very quickly (Tap Jump on, B-stick) after one another Lucas does a weird thing where he doesn't seem to leave the ground but he does the landing lag animation of SHPKF. WTF is this.

And how do you do that tech where you tether the ledge, cancel it and do a double jump?

BTW your profile pic has inspired me. ;)

Top Bottom