• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's a different technique entirely. It would have practical applications, but it's frame perfect and positional perfect. It makes me rage trying to do in consistently.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Can u link to it? I'm not sure what it is exactly. Terms these days are lol.

Everyone needs to practice MANUALLY wavebouncing or broversal or w/e u guys wanna call it.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I remember finding out about that slide thing one day when i was playing a good while back, it is really cool.

Ninjalink back with Lucas wuuuuuuuut?!?! =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
These are the ones I have heard of but idk someone please correct me

Marth
DK
Charizard
Peach (though PF showed a way out)
Bowser? (idk because someone was telling me there was)

that's all I can think of but ill edit if I can find more info.

Chuee

Smash Hero
You can air release out of Peach and Bowser.
I think MK can, don't know if we can air release or not.
Yoshi and CF can air release CG us.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
You can air release out of any it just depends on the pummel rate (/if you're still in pummel hitstun).

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, I should probably make a list. But it also requires DI so I'd need to people >.<
I'll probably have Mizu help test

Enima

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the link.
And Jbandit, you forgot about sheik. If any of you have played Zash you'll know.

AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE GUY >.<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I remember finding out about that slide thing one day when i was playing a good while back, it is really cool.

Ninjalink back with Lucas wuuuuuuuut?!?! =P
Lucas was never gone my dood :p

I have given many players 'The Lucas Rage' using this texture

The list consists of M2K, Ally (worst rage case lmao), Anther, Lain (before this recent weekend btw) just to name a few.

More will be added soon enough

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Lucas was never gone my dood :p

I have given many players 'The Lucas Rage' using this texture

The list consists of M2K, Ally (worst rage case lmao), Anther, Lain (before this recent weekend btw) just to name a few.

More will be added soon enough
Is that..... Fawful?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i noticed a lot of Lucas air dodge when they're in the air moving around.. even if they aren't getting attacked. Does it improve his air mobility/ have advantages or are they just showing off?

Also do these overalls make Porky look fat?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
i noticed a lot of Lucas air dodge when they're in the air moving around.. even if they aren't getting attacked. Does it improve his air mobility/ have advantages or are they just showing off?
Just showing off. People think invincibility frames are cool.
Also do these overalls make Porky look fat?
Now the problem is, is that Porky is fat. The question should be reconsidered before submitting it to a forum where it will get harshly criticized. This leads me to my next scrutinizing overview of it; does Porky even have a mouth. It seems apparent to me, that the .gif cannot be Porky. IIRC Porky (pokey) Minch tends to have a mouth so he can eat (see: Pork is fat). Second of all, how do we even know the unknown person is wearing overalls? It could just be blue jeans with a t-shirt with blue stripes.
TL;DR: SNO assumes too much from a .gif.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
^ Uh, it appears to me that he is walking away, therefore u wouldn't see a mouth. idk, i never played any earthbound/mother game or series.

Oh, and to answer SNO's question, for me, it's not for showing off...
1.) it can act as a mind game (unless u do it 100% of the time then it's just predictable)
2.) if you AD before landing it decreases your landing lag.
3.) it could help u get inside or behind your opponent w/out being punished.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nasty, where did you hear that it decreases your landing lag? I should probably test that.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
You need to use side B almost immediately (like 1 frame) after double jumping with Lucas. Something like:

Jump > 2nd Jump > (1? frame) Side B

If done correctly it should look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t50h6zfkuUE

You don't have to B-Stick though. But if you do then just press left/right on the C-Stick (set to Specials) almost immediately after the 2nd jump.

You can also do it without B-stick. Hold left/right on the Control Stick > jump with X or Y > 2nd jump with X/Y, then B in quick succession. You have to Side B really fast after double jumping. Make sure you don't accidentally Side B at the same time as the 2nd jump or it won't work.

T-block

B2B TST
2.) if you AD before landing it decreases your landing lag.
Isn't regular landing only 2 frames, fastfall landing 4 frames? When you air dodge you're probably less likely to be fastfalling, so it might feel faster, but I doubt that air dodging into the ground will drop your landing lag to under 2 frames.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just lost to a semi-Lucas main with Game & Watch.
How badly do I suck, and how do I beat Lucas?
I don't spam the turtle so yeah. :/

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I lack matchup experience. Plus I went in with the old mindset of "GW destroys Lucas" so when it was hard, I was surprised. I DID get a few nice UAir gimps, though.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol, Lucas MU is easy mode with Gdubs. Just wall him and don't let him regain momentum.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
But I don't integrate the bucket into my playstyle (except for Bucket Braking) so I'm like :mad: with all the PK Fire.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Never bucket PK Fire. Learn to powershield it. The only time you should bucket is when Lucas tries to PKT you while you're off-stage.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yes, he does.
But I use him anyway :mad:
I suppose I'll get off your boards now, although I must say NL's Fawful texture is amazing. I almost want to play Lucas just for that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
oh hey it's Kofu.

Don't worry I know the GW MU though x-x

GW can beat Lucas pretty badly. And what are you talking about rPSI xD GW is one of the better charries online. Behind Olimar and Snake. Lag + overpowered Smashes :laugh:

Kofu, challenge me tomorrow for my gym again :p

Top Bottom