• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So... um... I come back, and everything go Boswer'd Forward smashed.
Sure some of it did need closing. But He also said we was going to keep a watchful eye on things more.
meaning, at least the chat room survived. And it also means that the non-necessary things will be closed asap. So....with that said, this chat room needs to get back into some lucario chating.

Public Question #10 for the save...

If lucario was not the Aura pokemon, but kept the same "powers" and features.
What would he be then? (sub-name wise)

-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
lol lucario boards just got bowser fsmash-*****

at least this thread survived...
Well, what doesn't kill us makes us stranger.

I wonder why gimpy cares. I guess we could always try spamming up General Brawl Discussion while he's busy here making sure we don't make useless threads. No one would even notice in general!

Can anyone say "The NOT Lucario Chat room! Everything NOT Lucario!":laugh:

Wait... thats not a bad idea...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
You say that like as if it isn't already filled with useless threads that don't appear useless at first glance. :p

Timbers

check me out
I just think its hilarious that it took the admins like 7 months to catch on that Luc boards are full of this crazy stuff lol.

They have every right to be locked but it took them long enough lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I disagree with their decision anyway, in spite of you being right, because so many of my threads end up either closed or in oblivion. This one I didn't see anything unusually significant. Although, since Gimpy says he's keeping an eye on our spammy, spammy boards, it would be nice to know why he closed those threads particularly. We have WAY more threads than that, and the ones he closed were pretty typical. Especially considering how we joke away and have fun with the flamebait, which keeps it from ever being a problem.

I like my threads.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194655

Ephyon

Smash Champion
Public Question #10 for the save...

If lucario was not the Aura pokemon, but kept the same "powers" and features.
What would he be then? (sub-name wise)

-t2
I Think "Ki Jackal pokemon", or "spiritual pokemon". Something like that.

the best would be "guardian pokemon", however:

With some fantasy, you can see Luc' s stance.

well, THIS proves lucario existed. :chuckle:

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
For the question, he'd probably be some kind of class of psychic since Lucario is quite similar to many of the psychic types in pokemon in how his aura abilities work, and psyhic also relates to the soul. Dunno what exactly he'd be though.

Not gonna say Chi or Ki since that's the same thing as Aura.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Gimpy for god tier.

Edit: Yeah I'm going to listen to him as well and ask a question just to stay on track. What's the most benefit Lucario can get, I know his power is boosted from damage and stock disadvantage, but is there anything else?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
well you'll all be more serious from now on because you've just been spamming for ages apparently and now a mod is looking.

be productive
Um... but we really did like the Lucario boards the old way. Seriously, there was a reason we come to this board in particular, and we have very useful threads already stickied.

EDIT: Lucario also gets the advantage of having a melee-marth range F-smash, if that's what you mean.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Talk about off topic stuff all you want in this chat thread. That's what it's for. Every thread that was locked could have just been posts in this thread.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
And then half the time, it is a serious thread at first, then it becomes total chaos!
So it is going to happen, and with Gimpy and possibly some of the other mods checking in more frequently, I bet there will be at least one locked thread a week or so.
At least.
-t2

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I Think "Ki Jackal pokemon", or "spiritual pokemon". Something like that.

the best would be "guardian pokemon", however:

With some fantasy, you can see Luc' s stance.

well, THIS proves lucario existed. :chuckle:
That actually looks a lot like Lucario. Not sure if lucario was based off it. I know it's a jackal but it seems more like the pic you showed.

well you'll all be more serious from now on because you've just been spamming for ages apparently and now a mod is looking.

be productive
Gimpy's back
the lucario boards are going to have a heart attack

EDIT: Hey that rhymed :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
And then half the time, it is a serious thread at first, then it becomes total chaos!
So it is going to happen, and with Gimpy and possibly some of the other mods checking in more frequently, I bet there will be at least one locked thread a week day or so.
At least.
-t2
Fixed.

Truth is, now I'm a little nervous about posting on the Lucario Boards. I have a few ideas though. Gimpy is either really unfamiliar with how the Lucario Boarders think, or fundamentally disagrees with their idea of a good board, or some combination of the two. I'm really surprised a mod actually cared without anyone reporting any problems.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the fact of the matter is the lucario boards in general are not following the rules of the site. Don't spam - and that's the end of it. It doesn't have anything to do with "ruining fun" or anything like that - I did one go through the character specific forums the other day and noticed how HORRIBLE some of the threads were so I intervened.

also...
Um... but we really did like the Lucario boards the old way.
Irrelevant. The "old way" wasn't following the rules.

Keep it on track peoples. There are rules on this site.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, the old ways are gone. But most of the memorable old ways happened in this thread.
And we still have the IRC.
The lucario boards might dry up, but that just means the IRC will fill up.
But it wont be the same.

But that is what differentiated us from the other boards. We had off-topic spam and we allowed it. The other spam you see in the other boards (ie rate my *insert player here* thread x300) or (Lucario sucks hears why x200) were not allowed or liked. That is why We we're voted the best character board on SWF. And we're where serious in the important threads. We where self regulated, there where little problems here and there.
What is even funnier, after the IRC came around the amount of off-topic spam dropped. Then Gimpy comes in and says it too much. You really missed out mate.

Spamcario is dead, get ready for the new regime.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Talk about off topic stuff all you want in this chat thread. That's what it's for. Every thread that was locked could have just been posts in this thread.
quoted for truth, this is a safe haven for fun stuff (besides Inner Fire, that's always fun). Although I did miss it when Coen was our main mod. Stuff wasn't too banned. Keep it good, and keep it alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom