• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Chat room! Everything Lucario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I find that my Marth/Lucario duo blend well together (I'm thinking of making a new sig, something like a spoof of the God Creates Adam painting by Michaelangelo, only using pictures of Marth and Lucario (lol, Lucario is God, lawl)).

Timbers

check me out
Her projectiles were nerfed, yes, but her z-air more than makes up for it. Samus is a really fun character, and is definately one of my favorite secondaries. The lack of a decent killing move is what really keeps her from being uberly awesome.

Speaking of secondaries, who do all you guys second?

Jigglypuff is my second. Nothing brings me more joy than beating high tier characters with Jiggles.
ROB. I like to play gay. <_<
And before anyone points fingers, NO, I do NOT spend all my time chaingrabbing with them.
You should be.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Marth and

Game and Watch

Does that make me a bad person...?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I second Olimar and Falco because they pretty much cover the characters I have trouble with as Lucario (TL and D3), but I love messing around with Low Tiers. Something about them just seems so fun.

And what do you people think is the most fun move in the game? I'd say Z-air, it's so satisfying to zap someone from incredible range and zap them again and again and again.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
Critical Hit, easy.

Just watching your opponent get slammed off screen from 0% is always satisfying.

Browny

Smash Hater
sweet-spotted ganondorf fair > all

not only does it look completely badass, is KO's so early its not funny lol

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
sweet-spotted ganondorf fair > all

not only does it look completely badass, is KO's so early its not funny lol
Haha, yeah that is awesome, ever since Melee, I always had the urge to yell, "Clone THIS!"

Oh and my brother and I have formed an awesome doubles team. We both main Lucario so we have the name, Team Winario! Every time we win a match we give each other a high five and yell, "Team Winario!" Much like the Venture Brothers :p
And to add on the annoyance, we always wobble when we bring the opposing team to one person left.
They will hate us in their powerlessness, not even Red Marf can do anything about it.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Her projectiles were nerfed, yes, but her z-air more than makes up for it. Samus is a really fun character, and is definately one of my favorite secondaries. The lack of a decent killing move is what really keeps her from being uberly awesome.
the problem is that the reason I liked samus so much was revolved on her projectile game. To nerf it was to remove one of my favorite aspects of her playstyle. Comparingly, say if in SSB4 Lucario lost all of his combo potential but his attacks all got stronger, would you still use him?? Some people might like the change, but others might not like them at all. It's not a matter of how strong the character became: if you're not having fun anymore, what is the point?
I still play Sammy every now and then, but for pure fun and to handicap myself when playing bad players, but she isn't the same thing I used to play. Sucks.

Secondary? Well I should say Link (I'm a LOZ freak XD) and Falco, but I'm not particularly good with either. I like to pick characters that are fun to play with, that's all XD

Favorite move is by far wallclinging =3

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion

Speaking of secondaries, who do all you guys second?

Jigglypuff is my second. Nothing brings me more joy than beating high tier characters with Jiggles.
...Lucario is my secondary. I have yet to decide who my main is between Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link. It's too difficult. D=

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
NOT JIGGS.
XD

Dude, Jiggz is awesome.

The only bad thing about Jiggz is that Mango doesn't play her anymore. Because he hates Brawl. :(

the problem is that the reason I liked samus so much was revolved on her projectile game. To nerf it was to remove one of my favorite aspects of her playstyle. Comparingly, say if in SSB4 Lucario lost all of his combo potential but his attacks all got stronger, would you still use him?? Some people might like the change, but others might not like them at all. It's not a matter of how strong the character became: if you're not having fun anymore, what is the point?
I still play Sammy every now and then, but for pure fun and to handicap myself when playing bad players, but she isn't the same thing I used to play. Sucks.
I see what you mean. Nonetheless, I still think Samus is incredibly fun.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
thats the way to go!

the first gen. is by far the best of the whole series
'cept of course for the absurd unbalancing and ridiculous amount of bugs.

people should really try the fourth gen: third was absolutely terrible, (skipped straight through advance games) but I saw that Nintendo did a good job with fourth actually (sometimes it'd really remind me of red & blue, swear I'm not kidding)

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Most "First Gen Only" people haven't even bothered playing the new gen games. And if they have, then they are probably lying.

The only reason I still love red/blue is because it brings back old memories of me playing it with my friends with a clunky gameboy in my hands, and because it was the first Pokemon game I ever played.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Most "First Gen Only" people haven't even bothered playing the new gen games. And if they have, then they are probably lying.

The only reason I still love red/blue is because it brings back old memories of me playing it with my friends with a clunky gameboy in my hands, and because it was the first Pokemon game I ever played.
Quoted for Absolute Truth.
heh you're absolutely right. I also get blue every now and then and remember all the matches I had with my brother (pokemon is the ONLY game he ever really got addicted to, and he still likes to see me face up to battle tower every now and then).
*sigh* wish nintendo had never thought of making the anime. it just murdered everything.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Quoted for Absolute Truth.
heh you're absolutely right. I also get blue every now and then and remember all the matches I had with my brother (pokemon is the ONLY game he ever really got addicted to, and he still likes to see me face up to battle tower every now and then).
*sigh* wish nintendo had never thought of making the anime. it just murdered everything.
First gen only people usually don't have a good reason for hating newer games. No matter how much they say it's repetitive, RBY were just as much, if not even more so.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
screw balloon pokemon, she's puffball to me all the way.
and I never really understood what the 'ell is up with germans. let them be XD

Timbers

check me out

First is my favorite, but I don't have any problem with the others. I just haven't given them much thought. I tried playing the Firered and Leafgreen ones, but I couldn't get into it because I was unfamiliar with all the pokemon xD.

I really want to play Diamond/Pearl though. Those games look too good.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
First is my favorite, but I don't have any problem with the others. I just haven't given them much thought.
the thing is: how're you going to know it's your favorite if you never tried the rest?
BTW firered and leafgreen are with only pokemon of red and blue, you can only get newer gen pokemon on it through trades.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
this mesage was typed on my psp.
red,gold and the gameboy camera where my only games for my color. great games. i skipped the other pokegames untill P/D came out. pearl is a great game, much like the classic's. id get it, rdgardless if your a 1st gen or not.
-t2

Timbers

check me out
the thing is: how're you going to know it's your favorite if you never tried the rest?
BTW firered and leafgreen are with only pokemon of red and blue, you can only get newer gen pokemon on it through trades.
I played second gen gold/silver. I just enjoyed the first gen, as it offered what felt like, to me, a bigger challenge than the others. It's just my favorite as it stands so far, not saying it's the best.

What is third gen? I could have sword it was the firered/leafgreen version. I remember seeing all these pokemon and being lost.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
1st gen - Kanto - Red, Blue, Yellow
remade in Firered and Leafgreen
2nd gen - Johto - Silver, Gold, Crystal
the only games to have you venture 2 different regions with 16 gyms (8 in each region)
3rd gen - Hoenn - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
introduced the Battle Frontier, which is best on Emerald (Battle Factory = infinite replayability :D)
4th gen - Sinnoh - Diamond, Pearl, and soon to be released Onyx
Has the greatest thing in the entire universe: Lucario.

dr00

Smash Apprentice
actually a lot of 2nd gen pokemon are available in Firered/Leafgreen

1st gen - Kanto - Red, Blue, Yellow
remade in Firered and Leafgreen
2nd gen - Johto - Silver, Gold, Crystal
the only games to have you venture 2 different regions with 16 gyms (8 in each region)
3rd gen - Hoenn - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
introduced the Battle Frontier, which is best on Emerald (Battle Factory = infinite replayability :D)
4th gen - Sinnoh - Diamond, Pearl, and soon to be released Onyx
Has the greatest thing in the entire universe: Lucario.

the new release in 4th gen is called Platinum.

and you forgot Orre! (how could you)

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
the GC games right?
never played XD though they sound awesome. i've always been an RPG nut but when I started to see the 3rd gen pokemon a little of me died inside. then some buddies showed me D&P and now I'm the new pokemon craze on the block XD

I don't have a secondary. Beat that!

I think my favorite games were the gold/silver. Diamond and Pearl are both really good too though.

Soo...that tournament I went to sucked. I got bracket screwed too and played DSF first round(if you don't know who that is, then you should know he was a Melee pro and VERY good at Brawl). He freakin' ***** me the first round. Second round I would have won, but I suicided TWICE!!! I could have been able to say I beat DSF. But I can't...sigh. There was also a pro Jiggs player from Melee who plays Kirby now named Demised there, but I never played him. Darn tourney jitters. Still, I think I got 9th(?) out about 33(?) people. Results aren't up yet though. Meh...it's alright, but I think I epicly failed. That might be because the tournament epicly failed too. It was a disaster. Still...going to CO in a few weeks, unless NM changes its mind and goes to AZ instead. Lucario must win!! I need to have my shirt by then, hehe.

The Fire Red and Leaf Green versions were just remakes of Red and Blue. They don't really have a particular generation, unless we call it the 1st generation revamp!

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
I feel like every Pokemon game is pretty much the same thing in a different, prettier package. That's why I didn't bother after ruby/sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom