• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lombardi Code: A MUST READ FOR ALL FALCO PLAYERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouse

Smash Ace
I know some of you have seen Leonardo Da Vinci's "The Last Supper."

Quote from Wikipedia.org

The Last Supper (Italian: Il Cenacolo or L'Ultima Cena) is a 15th century mural painting in Milan created by Leonardo da Vinci for his patron Duke Ludovico Sforza and his duchess Beatrice d'Este. It represents the scene of The Last Supper from the final days of Jesus as narrated in the Gospel of John 13:21, when Jesus announces that one of his Twelve apostles would betray him.

The painting measures 460 × 880 centimeters (15 feet × 29 ft) and covers the back wall of the dining hall at Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, Italy. The theme was a traditional one for refectories, but Leonardo's interpretation gave it much greater realism and depth. The lunettes above the main painting, formed by the triple arched ceiling of the refectory, are painted with Sforza coats-of-arms. The opposite wall of the refectory is covered by the Crucifixion fresco by Giovanni Donato da Montorfano, to which Leonardo added figures of the Sforza family in tempera. (These figures have deteriorated in much the same way as has The Last Supper.) Leonardo began work on The Last Supper in 1495 and completed it in 1498—however, he did not work on the piece continuously throughout this period. According to 'Leonardo Da Vinci' [Kenneth Clark, p.144, Penguin Books 1939,1993], this beginning date is not certain, as "the archives of the convent have been destroyed and our meagre documents date from 1497 when the painting was nearly finished."
The Last Supper specifically portrays the reaction given by each apostle when Jesus said one of them would betray him. All twelve apostles have different reactions to the news, with various degrees of anger and shock. From left to right:

• Bartholomew, James, son of Alphaeus and Andrew form a group of three, all are surprised.
  • Judas Iscariot, Peter and John form another group of three. Judas is wearing green and blue and is in shadow, looking rather withdrawn and taken aback by the sudden revelation of his plan. He is clutching a small bag, perhaps signifying the silver given to him as payment to betray Jesus, or perhaps a reference to his role within the 12 disciples as treasurer. He is the only person to have his elbow on the table; traditionally a sign of bad manners. Peter looks angry and is holding a knife pointed away from Christ, perhaps foreshadowing his violent reaction in Gethsemane during Jesus' arrest. The youngest apostle, John, appears to swoon.
  • Thomas, James the Greater and Philip are the next group of three. Thomas is clearly upset; James the Greater looks stunned, with his arms in the air. Meanwhile, Philip appears to be requesting some explanation.
  • Matthew, Jude Thaddeus and Simon the Zealot are the final group of three. Both Jude Thaddeus and Matthew are turned toward Simon, perhaps to find out if he has any answer to their initial questions.
These names are all agreed upon by art historians. In the 19th century, a manuscript (The Notebooks Leonardo Da Vinci pg. 232) was found with their names; before this only Judas, Peter, John and Jesus were positively identified.
In common with other depictions of The Last Supper from this period, Leonardo adopts the convention of seating the diners on one side of the table, so that none of them have their backs to the viewer. However, most previous depictions had typically excluded Judas by placing him alone on the opposite side of the table from the other eleven disciples and Jesus. Another technique commonly used was placing halos around all the disciples except Judas. Leonardo creates a more dramatic and realistic effect by having Judas lean back into shadow. He also creates a realistic and psychologically engaging means to explain why Judas takes the bread at the same time as Jesus, just after Jesus has predicted that this is what his betrayer will do. Jesus is shown saying this to Saints Thomas and James to his left, who react in horror as Jesus points with his left hand to a piece of bread before them. Distracted by the conversation between John and Peter, Judas reaches for a different piece of bread, as, unseen by him, Jesus too stretches out with his right hand towards it. (Matthew 26: 17-46). The angles and lighting draw attention to Jesus, whose head is located at the vanishing point for all perspective lines.
The painting contains several references to the number 3, which may be an allusion to the Holy Trinity. The Apostles are seated in groupings of three; there are three windows behind Jesus; and the shape of Jesus' figure resembles a triangle. There may have been many other references that have since been lost to the painting's deterioration.
But maybe you should look more closely...

SHINE technology allows us to see what Leonardo Da Vinci REALLY wanted to tell us about the last supper. He wanted to tell us who the true paragon of Christianity would be.

§witch

Smash Lord
How bout, don't take it anywhere, this bread stuff was funny at first, but look what it's done. All the good players have left the board because of all the bread fail...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hmm, let's see. Disrespectful and not at all creative or funny.

This thread gets a fail out of 10.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
This is the reason why I've pretty much given up Falco =/. The boards are dead.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Now for a reading from the Gospel according to Slippy:

Letter to the Star Wolf squad from Lombardi:
So if it is certain that leavened wheat which from mine possession you have stolen, return it.
For theft of mine bread is theft of the body of Christ.
For on the third day he rose, proving the miracle of mine own bread.
This bread was a simple bread, free of spices and toppings.
It was a bread made for the son of a carpenter.
It was a bread made for the apostles of the son of God.
Yet at the Last Supper, I distinctly told Jesus to keep his grubby mitts off my ****ing bread. I mean seriously... I spent all day baking it.
Dude can't even wait for us to say grace to take my bread.
I simply said to Jesus, "Christ!? The **** do you think you're doing? Hands off my bread!"
Jesus replied, "Falco, it is the generous who will inherit the bread of this earth. From that you will gain everlasting life."
The word of the Lord.
Malo Aer
(Prefer Air)

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
We really do need mods in the Falco boards.

Those who spam the Falco boards (PCHU's bread discussion is exceptional)
are now officially a disgrace to Falco and will be shunned

ADHD

Smash Hero
**** the falco boards. This is uncalled for, especially to people who are of that religion

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Pathetic... You should really be careful about this kind of idiocy. Religion is one thing you do not mess with. Anyone with a brain knows that, obviously you do not have one.

Rimmer

Smash Rookie
Pathetic... You should really be careful about this kind of idiocy. Religion is one thing you do not mess with. Anyone with a brain knows that, obviously you do not have one.
**** religion. It's something humanity could use not having.

Also, I lol'd at post 13.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
/closethread + /deletethread.

I am a Christian. I must admit I am not in favour nor support of Da Vinci Code (it isn't anyway, the "facts" that Dan Brown got, were claimed to be made up by the author of that book).

But nor do I find what you have done appealing either.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Don't post this crap in my thread.
That was a horrible joke, and foul language never makes anything better.

I was perfectly fine with the bread jokes until I saw this.
It's gone too far.
At least my discussion doesn't contain stuff like this.

I'm sorry to all you people.
If this has somehow been related to a post I made, I deeply apologize.
But in my defense, I had a reason for my thread, and that was to stop crap like this.
I find this extremely offensive.
Why do I post if I hate it so much?
Because there's hope that we can stop this thing before it goes further.

Don't come to my thread, Bouse........ you won't be welcomed.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
this is the reason i quit this forums once and stopped posting stuff to help other falcos, i got back and this is worse, no way im going to post new stuff that might even be helpfull if no serious player is around. take this stuff away already.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Don't post this crap in my thread.
That was a horrible joke, and foul language never makes anything better.

I was perfectly fine with the bread jokes until I saw this.
It's gone too far.
At least my discussion doesn't contain stuff like this.

I'm sorry to all you people.
If this has somehow been related to a post I made, I deeply apologize.
But in my defense, I had a reason for my thread, and that was to stop crap like this.
I find this extremely offensive.
Why do I post if I hate it so much?
Because there's hope that we can stop this thing before it goes further.

Don't come to my thread, Bouse........ you won't be welcomed.
If it counts for anything, I don't blame you, PCHU... No need to apologize.
I blame this guy and him alone for his disgusting sense of humor. If there's one thing I can't tolerate it's when someone insults my religion, not only that but using profanity to do so. I hope the moderators give him some sort of violation for nonsense like this.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Well, you know what? At least I have a sense of humor.

Half of you have probably thought of the "Jesus breaking bread with Falco" joke in your head, you're just too repressed to type it out.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
****'s hilarious, the fact that you're all getting so worked up makes it even better.

Hey what the hell are you doing to my bread? That's MY bread, get your ****in hands off of it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
So... when Jesus was arrested what did Peter say Rykoshet?

Bouse

Smash Ace
And lo Jesus, Judas, and Falco all touched the same piece of bread at the same time.
Signifying that Falco, would pay Judas to betray Jesus, for even thinking of touching his bread.
Then Falco chain-grabbed Judas into noose.
The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom