• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Lets help armada" Fund!

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I'm speechless. You guys are so awesome.

Some guys made thinking that Armada has been winning so much money over the years that it doesn't hurt him if he don't get any prize from this tournament, esp since the flight tickets got paid by the good player fund.

But truth is, we have a big family, and for the last year we have had a real tough time. Armada is always giving away some of his money to support the rest of the family.

It's so fantastic that you guys help Armada out. Don't know what to write, but thank you. Thank all of you, this community is so amazing. <3

Donations to my account so far:
Xavier Rythos - $ 102.5
King Funk - $ 9.20

I don't use paypal that much so I'm not sure, but isn't it a fee everytime you send money? So if you first send money to Nicknyte, and then sends to me (so I can withdraw the money to Armada) isn't it two fees instead of one?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah you're right. There is a fee, unless everyone has like platinum verified accounts or something lol.

Zodiac

Smash Master
So let me get this straight...Plank holds giant tournament, plans for to many people, and is now getting muscled by the hotel and has no choice but to pay with the prize money?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
he already got ***** by the hotel, apparently. loool.

@ Armada and Aniolis:

AINT NOTHING BUT A THANG. JUST KEEP COMING TO USA PLZ

Beat!

Smash Master
He has already payed the hotel with the prize money from what I understand.

Otherwise, yes, you're correct.

He expected a larger turnout number and couldn't cover the venue cost when it wasn't reached.

In other words, he planned this really ****ty.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel as though other players have this exact problem.

why should armada be treated differently than others? shouldn't we start a "let's help everyone who didn't get paid" fund?

it sucks, I know, but are people really willing to give more to armada when, even if he takes 1st at genesis, he may not be ablse to pay off his debts to all the players that give to him now and gave to him before pound?
True that. I want to see drives for Dr pp, Ally, Esam, etc. I'll donate to Armada. $20 (like when I get payed)

I know M2k and Armada have drives, so that's two off the list. Hope everyone finds a way. I'll ask my friends about it. : ]

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Overall, its better to donate directly to Anolias' account, not mine. I can wave a couple fees through transfer though.
I have an established donation set up with a link for convenience, but if you have a paypal account, you can send money on paypal using the SEND MONEY link on it.

Alright, Sent 24 (25 and -1 for paypal fee) to Aniolas.

How much you got so far, dude?

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I'll see if I can donate to this. I don't have a paypal or any of that so it would be under my father's name and I'd give him cash in return ahaha. But one thing's for sure here, armada > that new 3ds money and bulletstorm.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand the haters in this thread. Armada traveled intercontientally, that is significantly more expensive than flying in from Cali or even Canada.

I'm not saying other players don't deserve compensation. The whole "well give everyone else who lost money too" is ignorant. You might as well saying "well people are starving in Africa".

If people want to donate to Armada then let them, why waste effort criticizing them? I have trouble seeing any constructiveness from those types of posts in this thread.

Armada didn't even ask for this assistance, our community is simply kind and empathetic enough to want to bring a friend back into this country that would have trouble coming back without their assistance.

Pi

Smash Hero
Aren't we essentially just paying armada's G2 ticket here?
Or would you prefer to look at it like we're paying what he expected to win from P5?

Pi

Smash Hero
Neither.

It's more like help him with his debt that was brought upon him for reasons out of his control.
That's not exactly the case though.

He thought he would get some money from this after he placed 1st in teams and 2nd in singles, so he borrowed money from a friend to buy flight tickets to Genesis 2. Now he has no money and he owes other people a lot of money.
I'm all for donating here, I put in 20$, but realistically speaking Armada should have waited till he received the money before borrowing and spending it.

The way I see it and why I'm donating is because Armada was our guest. Many of us donated so that he could attend the event, and things went awry and he made a mistake that many of us would have made. He expected to receive money from placing well in the tournament and spent the theoretical money that he 'earned' from the event we help get him too, and when it turned out that **** hit the fan and prizes weren't getting paid out he found himself without means of paying off debts he incurred by spending beyond his actual means.

idea

Smash Master
you just like him more cause he's a peach main ;)

jk jk, i'll probably contribute. "probably" just because i'll need to find someone to let me use their credit card.

Armada

Smash Lord
3: In Europe oay outs always coming to the players so ofc i expect my money. The Swedes wanted to book early. It´s so expenssive to fly to US (Specially to Cali during the summer) so yeah with the result in my hand maybe I should wait.

But I can´t see how I did wrong in this situation.

But thanks for your donation (and everyone else donataion ofc).

=)

Pi

Smash Hero
3: In Europe oay outs always coming to the players so ofc i expect my money. The Swedes wanted to book early. It´s so expenssive to fly to US (Specially to Cali during the summer) so yeah with the result in my hand maybe I should wait.

But I can´t see how I did wrong in this situation.

But thanks for your donation (and everyone else donataion ofc).

=)
Yes I understand your thought process and can sympathize, which is why I donated.

But there is a lesson to be learned, I just want to make sure you learned it.

Suspect

Smash Hero
you should want to give money to everyone
stop being a hypocrite, if you celebrate christmas...do you buy presents for everyone? If people want to donate money to only one person that they feel deserves it more then let them. Also not everyone has money to donate to everyone.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm just popping in to let everyone know that I am keeping an eye on this thread. I will be donating when I return home tonight. So far, most people are being very mature, and I'd like to thank you all. Please continue to keep Plank's name out of this thread, and if asked, please just redirect people to THIS THREAD.

Currently, this is all about helping Armada, and I'd like to keep it that way. If you want to help the other top players, please organize your own funds, instead of trying to sabotage this one. Thank you. =)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
stop being a hypocrite, if you celebrate christmas...do you buy presents for everyone? If people want to donate money to only one person that they feel deserves it more then let them. Also not everyone has money to donate to everyone.
stop being stupid? I'm not a hypocrite. while I may not give "presents" to everyone, I do donate my money to charities.

so don't come into a thread and insult someone you've never talked to before and you have no idea what they actually do or are like.

if you have a spare $10 you can EASILY give to everyone. split it up evenly, or just give 50 cents to each person who should have won money. who cares if its not much, money is appreciated from those who need it or were robbed.

it isn't fair that armada gets $600 dollars from the community while everyone else is left in the dust because they are american.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I will try my best to get Aniolas a buddy pass to genesis2 but I can't make promises but I will try my best since him and Armada basically share money. I know people that say they can help, although I have yet to see it first hand. It could potentially be great though. Otherwise I will try to help for Apex3

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
it isn't fair that armada gets $600 dollars from the community while everyone else is left in the dust because they are american.
chris hu, a well known SF4 player and commentator had his house burned down.

the SRK community and the SRK team themselves sponsored a "help chris hu" fundraiser to help raise money in his time of need.

mind you, we're in a recession and there are probably hundreds of people who are also in need of financial help, but just because we can't help everyone doesn't mean we should settle helping no one

at the least helping the people who were impacted the most is never "not fair". i dont think anyone wants to be fortunate enough to be the most unfortunate of a bunch like Armada has become

it's not a matter of fair. it's a matter of doing what you can. armada or anyone else shouldn't be deprived of help for the sole reason that everyone else can't receive the same kind of help

Top Bottom