• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Lets help armada" Fund!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
stop being stupid? I'm not a hypocrite. while I may not give "presents" to everyone, I do donate my money to charities.

so don't come into a thread and insult someone you've never talked to before and you have no idea what they actually do or are like.

if you have a spare $10 you can EASILY give to everyone. split it up evenly, or just give 50 cents to each person who should have won money. who cares if its not much, money is appreciated from those who need it or were robbed.

it isn't fair that armada gets $600 dollars from the community while everyone else is left in the dust because they are american.
This is what people are choosing to do with their money, and they have stated their case. They have also explained why. The fund is active, and this particular fund is for Armada.

If you want to donate money to the other placers of Pound, you are free to do so. Your case has been made, and your point has been heard. At this point, any additional contest to the fund will be consider sabotage, and you will be infracted for spam.

And to anyone insulting this guy, cool off. His points are valid, simply irrelevant. Anyone calling this guy out of his name, or flaming him will be infracted for flaming.

This is about doing something good, for someone who deserves it. Let's not lose sight! =)

Albert.

Smash Master
hey guys, no troll:

But is there a Dr.PP or Ally fund?

I'd like to contribute to Dr. PP for some of the best Melee sets I've ever seen in my life.

And for his comment "The videos will be my prize money"

I'd like to contribute to Ally cause I've stolen some of that guy's MK stuffs.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Wow!

Ankoku, thank you so much. <3
Really, wow, thanks man.

Hmm, just got a message from paypal that I have almost reached the limit for one year, and they may investigate my account or something. =/

But it's like 700 hundred dollars or something before I reach the limit, so I guess it won't be a problem.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Wow this is so amazing thanks for everyone supporting my choice to make this fund for armada.

I love you Smash community.

Also Dr.Peepee has gone on record to say that he "Doesnt care" about the money but hes just being KEVINNNNN

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
100 (or 97 after paypal fees) donated from Ripple. THX.

I will still be sending $50 on Friday, so we are just about done :D

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
despite what people think of my philosophy about fairness, I still give to people who need it when I can

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
And mostly broke. lol.

I understand your point of conversation Ripple. It's the reason why I have the INTERNATIONAL Smash Players Fund opposed to the Smash Players Fund. For me, it's mainly the amount of Returns and Losses. Given, it's not fair that PP and M2K also did not recieve money, but they both agree Armada Got hit the hardest.

PP is working out a paypal account, and M2K has a fund set up that goes directly to his account as well. I'll be donating to them as well.

Honestly, if someone wants me to help create a fund for ALL smash players, I'd be more than happy to, I'd just thought I'd make the ISPF because the International Smashers get hit with debt more than the Americans, besides AK and HI, due to the cost of tickets to fly over the Atlantic/Pacific which is a solid $1400+ per person.
I know this because I fly to the middle East to visit family at least twice a year.

Why doesn't HB have a fund. Lol, what is his paypal account. (I'd like an Axe fund personally.)

Armada

Smash Lord
<3

I love all of you guys =).
I really need this money and Im so happy this world still have so awesome people =).

Hope to see you all at Genesis (or MSU)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
chris hu, a well known SF4 player and commentator had his house burned down.

the SRK community and the SRK team themselves sponsored a "help chris hu" fundraiser to help raise money in his time of need.

mind you, we're in a recession and there are probably hundreds of people who are also in need of financial help, but just because we can't help everyone doesn't mean we should settle helping no one

at the least helping the people who were impacted the most is never "not fair". i dont think anyone wants to be fortunate enough to be the most unfortunate of a bunch like Armada has become

it's not a matter of fair. it's a matter of doing what you can. armada or anyone else shouldn't be deprived of help for the sole reason that everyone else can't receive the same kind of help
This is a horrible comparison. Having a house burn down is completely different from someone who can't manage money.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
This is a horrible comparison. Having a house burn down is completely different from someone who can't manage money.
it wasnt poor money management, It was the idea of a promise, and the idea of receiving that which was promised to you, Have you ever tried to fly to sweeden? do you know how expensive it is if you DONT book in advance?

If anything armada was being smart. please keep this **** out of my thread.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
it wasnt poor money management, It was the idea of a promise, and the idea of receiving that which was promised to you, Have you ever tried to fly to sweeden? do you know how expensive it is if you DONT book in advance?

If anything armada was being smart. please keep this **** out of my thread.
Spending money you don't have is poor money management.

Donate money to him I don't care from the sounds of it he's down on his luck and he was dealt a poor hand. But if you are trying to say he holds no responsibility over this predicament then you really are naive.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Excuse me Brightside, but could you kindly leave the talk outside this thread? You kinda running the mood of this thread with lingering past discussions.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion

Donate money to him I don't care from the sounds of it he's down on his luck and he was dealt a poor hand. But if you are trying to say he holds no responsibility over this predicament then you really are naive.
you could call it poor management if he didn't actually place into money... which he actually did. 1st in teams and 2nd in singles at a tourney like pound is alot of money. So in the end he wasn't spending money he didn't have. He just never got paid

Sim

Smash Apprentice
R O F L

Except that, on average, Americans possess 15 different credit cards.
http://www.money-zine.com/Financial-Planning/Debt-Consolidation/Consumer-Debt-Statistics/

Also, only A THIRD of the United States of America population do not possess or use credit cards. In short, a third of the US population do not spend money they don't have.
http://www.hoffmanbrinker.com/credit-card-debt-statistics.html

Armada is not alone man. He is part of a group including 200,000,000 Americans.

And you're probably part of that group too.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So basically....

Ripple is Godlike

ANKOKU IS GODLIKE

Everyone else that helped donate is also amazing.

Pi

Smash Hero
you could call it poor management if he didn't actually place into money... which he actually did. 1st in teams and 2nd in singles at a tourney like pound is alot of money. So in the end he wasn't spending money he didn't have. He just never got payed
Except spending money that he didn't have is exactly what he did.
I don't think anyone is trying to dissuade anyone else from donating, but don't be ignorant about this.
Was it wrong for him to expect to be paid for placing well at P5? No
Should he have waited till he actually had the money before buying his ticket? Yes.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
This is what people are choosing to do with their money, and they have stated their case. They have also explained why. The fund is active, and this particular fund is for Armada.

If you want to donate money to the other placers of Pound, you are free to do so. Your case has been made, and your point has been heard. At this point, any additional contest to the fund will be consider sabotage, and you will be infracted for spam.

Like was said, move the conversation elsewhere. Can I get mod back up please?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
The morals and such are being discussed in the tourney disc thread. Talk about it there guys.

Any discussions of that type will be considered spam and I'll infract accordingly

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Wow. Neko, Ankoku, and Ripple. Good ****ing ****.

you guys are awesome.

Everyone else who donated, thanks so much for showing why this community is awesome :)

I'll be donating later tonight as well.

Top Bottom