• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Small update on that upcoming episode of the anime that has Ash hatching an egg. The official title has been revealed, and it's "Convey the Wave Guidance! Satoshi and the Mysterious Egg!!"

So if the title is any indication, it's probably Riolu. Sobble and Grookey are likely still MIA 5 months into this anime. Our other two choices for who was in the egg were Munchlax and Tyrogue, but I doubt many people are expecting them.
you gotta wonder why that is? the starters not the riolu

So do you guys think a Gen IV remake is happening or nah?
i think it could happen but itd likely be next year

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Assuming the release date is November 2021, a Gen IV remake is in the same position as ORAS was in Smash 4's base game and Let's Go! was in Ultimate's base game. Maybe it'll get a Spirit event, but that's the most I see happening.

Plus, remakes rarely translate to us getting anything notable. People always use them to make a case for why an older character could get in Smash, but after virtually every Zelda game getting remade, still no Impa, still no Skull Kid, still no Wolf Link and Midna. Same applies to other franchises and their remakes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Assuming the release date is November 2021, a Gen IV remake is in the same position as ORAS was in Smash 4's base game and Let's Go! was in Ultimate's base game. Maybe it'll get a Spirit event, but that's the most I see happening.

Plus, remakes rarely translate to us getting anything notable. People always use them to make a case for why an older character could get in Smash, but after virtually every Zelda game getting remade, still no Impa, still no Skull Kid, still no Wolf Link and Midna. Same applies to other franchises and their remakes.
we didnt get characters but we got gerudo valley after oot 3d and great bay was updated to mm 3d

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

The closest to that for pokemon was Pokemon Trainer in brawl, which released after FireRed & LeafGreen.
And even then, i believe Sakurai said he saw pokemon trainer as representation for gen 3.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
can you cite that?
I might be misremembering but i swear i heard that from a reliable source. I'll look for it.

Edit: This isn't where i found it, but it's likely someone else misinterpreted it on another site:

https://sourcegaming.info/2017/01/17/on-character-selection-brawl/
On the Pokemon Trainer section: "Red, the original trainer, was decided on for the design presumably because Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were the latest games, because Red was the original trainer, and because the original starters were the ones used."

And i also didn't realise that the planning for Brawl was around 10th anniversary of pokemon.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I might be misremembering but i swear i heard that from a reliable source. I'll look for it.

Edit: This isn't where i found it, but it's likely someone else misinterpreted it on another site:

On the Pokemon Trainer section: "Red, the original trainer, was decided on for the design presumably because Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were the latest games, because Red was the original trainer, and because the original starters were the ones used."

And i also didn't realise that the planning for Brawl was around 10th anniversary of pokemon.
so it was, makes sense when you think about it

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Got a clip show of several future episodes of the anime. It's got a few things both old and new fans should be excited about.

Also, all eyes on Sobble.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Got a clip show of several future episodes of the anime. It's got a few things both old and new fans should be excited about.

I can't get enough of how adorble Sobble is. I asume it's going to Ash then (and while i don't mind much, poor Grookey).
Seeing Korrina gives me hope that the anime series has many more returning characters (Ash's old pokemon, his past companions, his rivals, etc.).
And i don't know if they should've shown Riolu given it basically confirms who Ash is getting next week (or it could be a red herring).

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Some interesting cameos, a very obvious tell toward what's in the egg, and also a Sobble front and center at the beginning. Been seeing a lot of people pencil in Inetelon as Ash's ace for this saga, but I actually kind of think Go's going to end up with the Sobble. He still only has one team member, he isn't on good terms with his Raboot at the moment, and a second mon with a more timid personality would be an interesting contrast and a chance for him to become more understanding to his team's needs.

Plus, it'd be kind of weird for Ash to pick up a 5th team member nearly immediately after getting his 4th.

That, and I suspect Go is going to be the one with all the Gen 8 mons (including getting a Grookey eventually) while Ash's team is entirely members of previous generations that he hasn't had before. But that's just a personal theory.

Aye, we haven't had official confirmation on that. Red's appearance is based on FRLG (and now Leaf is here too), but we don't know if the Trainer as a whole is meant to be from Gen 3 of it Sakurai just chose to use the most recent design.

Either way, Brawl also brought in Lucario since Gen 4 began partway into development. That was the game's "relevant Pokémon newcomer".

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Plus, it'd be kind of weird for Ash to pick up a 5th team member nearly immediately after getting his 4th.

That, and I suspect Go is going to be the one with all the Gen 8 mons (including getting a Grookey eventually) while Ash's team is entirely members of previous generations that he hasn't had before. But that's just a personal theory.
The gap isn't too strange. Ash is getting Ri — I mean, this mystery Pokemon five episodes after catching Gengar. Seems like there will be at least three episodes between the egg and Sobble, and even then we're not sure if it'll end with a capture. Could be something like Litten or Gengar where it takes multiple episodes before a capture.

As for Go getting Sobble...meh. Any Pokemon Go catches gets one episode before they're cast aside and stuck with cameos. I think the writers would want to give Sobble a more notable role, and the best way to do that is to give it to someone who doesn't catch 30+ Pokemon in 20 episodes. My personal theory is that Ash, Go, and Koharu get one starter each.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
The gap isn't too strange. Ash is getting Ri — I mean, this mystery Pokemon five episodes after catching Gengar. Seems like there will be at least three episodes between the egg and Sobble, and even then we're not sure if it'll end with a capture. Could be something like Litten or Gengar where it takes multiple episodes before a capture.
Plus there wasn't much of a gap in the past: Ash caught Fletchling following the catch of Froakie, getting Oshawott the episode after Pidove, Ash gets the 3 Kanto starters one after another + Krabby, etc. And i don't think the gap between Gengar & Dragonite was that big.

And look, it seems the title of next episode has been translated and...
"Hit Your Mark, Aura! Ash and the Mysterious Egg!!"

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here are six new Gigantamax plushies that none of us can afford.

xD I feel Gigantachu will disappear from the stores, because many people want Chubby Pikachu back. Also, I think Gigantamax Charizard look really cool. Might not be my fave starter anymore...but I would want it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD And oh boy, I just noticed Gigantamax Corviknight and I think I would prefer it a thousand times more than Charizard. :D

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Charizard and Pikachu plush are my favorites out of the Kanto plushies, but Alcremie and Corviknight are also tempting. Curious to see exactly how tall that cake is.

The only one I'm not dying for is Meowth, and believe it or not, it's not because of the body. I just don't like the solid yellow eyes.

Staarih

Smash Master
Stopped receiving notification for this again which is still annoying. Anyways, yep, he's getting a Riolu, which is exciting. Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, a bunch of fan favorites. What's next?
Sobble, hopefully, judging by that preview posted a while back. At least I'm hoping Ash gets it, while the old fan favorites are neat, his team could use a Galar Pokémon as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I couldn't find any fan art of Zacian and Zamazenta with an Easter theme. If anybody can find some, feel free to share.

In other news, it was love at first sight.

videoplayback-22_1.gif

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Does anyone have a specified wishlist for this dlc pass or are we in a position where it doesn't matter who gets in as long as they're fun?
Of course outside the hopes of a gen 8 pokemon that's unique and interesting.

For me, other than a gen 8 pokemon (or maybe an old pokemon or mystery dungeon character, which is unlikely) all i have are the following:
-A character from Legend of Zelda, preferably Revali or Impa (Skyward Sword version).
-Spyro the Dragon.
-A Mario RPG character, either Fawful or Count Bleck. And also Geno I guess.
-Either Sora or 2B from Square Enix.

At the end of the day i'm the kind of person who will buy any smash character regardless if i play that character or not. The stage & music are more than enough for me.

And before i forget, it's been a few months since SwSh released. What is your favorite song from the game?
I've been coming back to the Gym leader theme & Rose's boss theme.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Does anyone have a specified wishlist for this dlc pass or are we in a position where it doesn't matter who gets in as long as they're fun?

For me, other than a gen 8 pokemon (or maybe an old pokemon or mystery dungeon character, which is unlikely) all i have are the following:
-A character from Legend of Zelda, preferably Revali or Impa (Skyward Sword version).
-Spyro the Dragon.

At the end of the day i'm the kind of person who will buy any smash character regardless if i play that character or not. The stage & music are more than enough for me.
I won't pretend that any character would satisfy me. I definitely have my preferences, and there are a few characters that would disappoint me.

Still, despite what others are saying, I feel like the second pass is off to a good start. An ARMS character was definitely something I had been wanting for a while. I had kinda given up on them, but I'm glad one made it after all. If I could just get one of the following, I'd be content with Ultimate's DLC.

• Paper Mario. Pauline or Waluigi would also be exciting.
  • DK character. No preference between Dixie, Cranky, and Funky
  • Zelda character, preferably a Champion from BotW
  • BWD
  • SwSh Pokemon
  • Rex (to a much lesser extent than the rest since I'm indifferent to XC2).
It's a weird list I'll admit, but I prefer first-parties to third-parties. Though I'm sure most of you figured that out by now.

And before i forget, it's been a few months since SwSh released. What is your favorite song from the game?
I've been coming back to the Gym leader theme & Rose's boss theme.
I don't think I can choose. I love all of the Zacian/Zamazenta–themed music. I also like the three rival themes as well.

Unless the only themes we get are the wild Pokemon theme and the trainer battle theme, it'd be hard to disappoint me.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I won't pretend that any character would satisfy me. I definitely have my preferences, and there are a few characters that would disappoint me.

Still, despite what others are saying, I feel like the second pass is off to a good start. An ARMS character was definitely something I had been wanting for a while. I had kinda given up on them, but I'm glad one made it after all. If I could just get one of the following, I'd be content with Ultimate's DLC.

• BWD
  • SwSh Pokemon
It's a weird list I'll admit, but I prefer first-parties to third-parties. Though I'm sure most of you figured that out by now.

I don't think I can choose. I love all of the Zacian/Zamazenta–themed music. I also like the three rival themes as well.

Unless the only themes we get are the wild Pokemon theme and the trainer battle theme, it'd be hard to disappoint me.
Ah yes, another person who appreciates for at parties. This is great.

• BWD
  • SwSh Pokemon

I havent heard many interesting ones, I quite liked Chairman Roses theme though

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
because i cant comprehend how anyone could like such an unpleasant person
I feel like, as a pokemon rival, he has one of the most interesting concepts and developement (the best one being Silver in my opinion).
And besides, he's not as douchey when he gets straightened up by Ballonlea.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

-Spyro the Dragon.

I suppose my list now is:

- Someone from Gen 8 (preferably Zacian, though Rillaboom or Cinderace would be okay)
- Byleth or Dimitri (Actually got this one!)
- Geno
- Rex or Lora, wouldn't mind either one
- Akira, from Astral Chain

If Assist Trophies are fair game now, add Isaac and Krystal as well.

I'm not actively against much anymore, though, as long as we get newcomers who do new and interesting things and it doesn't feel like significant parts of the fanbase are getting left out. Sakurai said the DLC team is focusing on unique mechanics, and two first party characters in a row have helped from an inclusiveness standpoint, so I'm feeling less stressed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I feel like, as a pokemon rival, he has one of the most interesting concepts and developement (the best one being Silver in my opinion).
And besides, he's not as douchey when he gets straightened up by Ballonlea.
to me hes a generic a rival as you can get same trope as blue and some how more annoying

Top Bottom