• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legendary Heroes of Galar - Zacian and Zamazenta for Smash

Which would you rather see get in Smash as a newcomer?

• Zacian

• Zamazenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Someone made this really detailed figure that features swappable Zacian and Zamazenta pieces.

EOkoD6FVAAAqAOc.jpeg.jpg
EOkoD6FUEAADR0U.jpeg.jpg

Looks really cool. Wish I could find the person who made it.

My only gripe is that they got Zacian's ears wrong.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I've been wondering how Nintendo will handle a e3 type of direct with all the uncertainty going on. Would they release said direct around where e3 used to be (where IGN will now take over with digital annoucenments from many 3rd party companies) or would they wait till later if there's too many delays? The only thing we can realistically expect in June is a smash direct given that they tend to be recorded in advance, which would give us the arms character and maybe who fighter #7 is.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've been wondering how Nintendo will handle a e3 type of direct with all the uncertainty going on. Would they release said direct around where e3 used to be (where IGN will now take over with digital annoucenments from many 3rd party companies) or would they wait till later if there's too many delays? The only thing we can realistically expect in June is a smash direct given that they tend to be recorded in advance, which would give us the arms character and maybe who fighter #7 is.
Despite the coronavirus cancelling E3, I don't think it'll effect Nintendo very much outside us getting significantly less gameplay footage.

Their E3 presentation is essentially a Nintendo Direct, meaning that everything they planned on revealing to the public is broadcast online. If there are changes, it might be related to release dates, but given how the Animal Crossing, indie, and mini Directs from the past two months went smoothly, I think they're fully capable of pulling this off.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Their E3 presentation is essentially a Nintendo Direct, meaning that everything they planned on revealing to the public is broadcast online. If there are changes, it might be related to release dates, but given how the Animal Crossing, indie, and mini Directs from the past two months went smoothly, I think they're fully capable of pulling this off.
the presentation itself will be largely affected too

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I stumbled across this earlier.

Maybe there's a way to convince them to help us out. Maybe if we could win them over with the concept and get them interested as well...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Maybe there's a way to convince them to help us out. Maybe if we could win them over with the concept and get them interested as well...
They did make one for Cinderace, which shows that they're at least intrested in Pokemon enough to make Smash art of one.

Seems like they're going by vote though, and unless we can get a crazy amount of people to vote for Zacian, I don't how we'd convince them.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
They did make one for Cinderace, which shows that they're at least intrested in Pokemon enough to make Smash art of one.

Seems like they're going by vote though, and unless we can get a crazy amount of people to vote for Zacian, I don't how we'd convince them.
Where can I see this stuff? Cause I should really share that render with the Cinderace thread.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Where can I see this stuff? Cause I should really share that render with the Cinderace thread.

Just search the character's name and "Smash render" and any render the artist made should come up.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
finally got some zacian data on shield

what is that design based on?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
i wont thanks, i do not like tier lists
Can you give the reason or would rather not? It seems odd to dislike somehing like that.

Here's something I haven't asked the thread in a while. Try making a tier list out of SwSh Pokemon. You can make one based on which you like best or which you think is most likely.

https://tiermaker.com/create/pokemon-sword-shields-new-pokemon-tier-list-106729

Here's mine. It's ordered based off of which Pokemon I'd want most.

View attachment 269953
Here's mine, also ordered on which i'd want most to least:
1587605501390.png

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
right, thatd explain

why is it odd?
Just feels like it to me. Tiers just seem to be tools to express one's opinion and nothing else.

Is your issue to do with people taking them too seriously for ranking the best smash characters or most competitive pokemon?
Or are you just indifferent to them?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Just feels like it to me. Tiers just seem to be tools to express one's opinion and nothing else.

Is your issue to do with people taking them too seriously for ranking the best smash characters or most competitive pokemon?
Or are you just indifferent to them?
i dunno i think its cause most of the time they seem pretty meme like to me

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Do you think they'll announce anything more on the Isle of Armor next month or early June? Or are we getting nothing major other than a release date.

And speaking towards the potential pokemon character, when would be the best time to release it? Would it be this year or in 2021?

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you think they'll announce anything more on the Isle of Armor next month or early June? Or are we getting nothing major other than a release date.

And speaking towards the potential pokemon character, when would be the best time to release it? Would it be this year or in 2021?
They're probably going to wait until early June. Seems like they tend to reveal stuff a week before Nintendo's main Direct.

As for when it would best to release this new Pokemon, I'd say #7 or #8 would be ideal. Whether or not we'll actually get one that soon remains to be seen.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice

I think they might tease us in May with more Pokemon that will return in Isle of Armor. At the very least they'll probably showoff what the new Pokemon like Galarian Slowbro are all about and what they can do.

With the Pokemon DLC being released this year I'd say it would be good timing to release a Gen 8 character around the same time, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I think they might tease us in May with more Pokemon that will return in Isle of Armor. At the very least they'll probably showoff what the new Pokemon like Galarian Slowbro are all about and what they can do.

With the Pokemon DLC being released this year I'd say it would be good timing to release a Gen 8 character around the same time, but we'll just have to wait and see.
I'd like to see more about the regi type creatures that we see. There was what appeared to be an electric and a dragon based regi.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
It seems like the pokemon anime is officially on hiatus. Next episode no longer has a defined release date.

A shame, but what can you do.

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
It seems like the pokemon anime is officially on hiatus. Next episode no longer has a defined release date.

A shame, but what can you do.
Yeah, I wish they could give us some type of estimate for when it returns, but then again, we're in the middle of a global pandemic

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What stinks more than anything is that the anime is a really good tool in Smash speculation to gauge how much Game Freak wants to promote a Pokemon. I don't really expect Zacian and Zamazenta to receive anything more notable than previous Legendaries, but we could've at least seen what was in store for the starters. Went on hiatus right before we saw Sobble.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What stinks more than anything is that the anime is a really good tool in Smash speculation to gauge how much Game Freak wants to promote a Pokemon. I don't really expect Zacian and Zamazenta to receive anything more notable than previous Legendaries, but we could've at least seen what was in store for the starters. Went on hiatus right before we saw Sobble.
last two were picked by sakurai to be fair

yeah right before sobble, shame

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Something else I forgot to share. The angle is bad, but the artwork on the left is the same style as the ones on the plushies and the Smash Spirits. This is probably the artwork they'd use for Zacian's fighter Spirit.

ESYrEcTWsAsDA0j.jpeg.jpg

Wish I could find a better angle.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Late on the response, but...

I've been thinking for a while that the most likely spot for a SwSh newcomer is around #8 or #9. Considering the circumstances, that'd probably put it into early next year.

I don't think we have enough information to say whether Isle of Armor will be delayed or not. We'll have to see if anything changes as more is revealed in the coming weeks.

Something else I forgot to share. The angle is bad, but the artwork on the left is the same style as the ones on the plushies and the Smash Spirits. This is probably the artwork they'd use for Zacian's fighter Spirit.

View attachment 270306

Seems to be the equivalent of Global Link art, does it not? Fighter Spirits of the current mons on the roster have used theirs, so I imagine that is indeed what Zacian would use.

It'd work very well, too. Feels regal yet fierce.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

View attachment 270306

I was already weirded out towards the Ken Sugimori artwork showing up, which also makes me question why they didn't use it for all mainline pokemon spirits including the trainer spirits.
The Dream artwork is all we need for whatever Pokemon character we get. Zacian does look very cool.

But what i'm truly looking foward to is seeing both the smash render & how they look in-game. The glow up i'm most excited about.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Morpeko and Obstagoon plushies are now available.

I wonder, do you think they'll ever make plushies of the Hero of Many Battles forms? I know it'll probably be a while if they do make them. They tend to start with the Pokemon who were revealed first.

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
What are the chances that, with the gen 8 pokemon character, we get music from Ultra Sun/Moon & Let's Go?

There have been dlc characters that pull from more than 1 game (though it's been the new series only).

Top Bottom