• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

IYM!

Smash Lord
good idea ALSM

please dont hate my for say this....

i dont like play the old 2D Zeldas games, i enyoi them for a while, and later i get boring, maybe the reason is OoT, that was my first Zelda, so ... is a kind of standar.

So, having a 3D ALLTTP would give my enough motivation to play it, and this thing dont only happen to my.

again, please dont hate my!!!!! :c

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
LttP still has the greatest Overworld of any Zelda game. If OoT had an Overworld that had half the stuff to find and interact with as LttP I would no doubt call it the best Zelda.

but as it is, LttP's world is so much more interesting, OoT is 80% empty space.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the DS games will never be remade. If not even the originals have been remade yet, then the odds of the DS games being remade are nil. Even in 50 years time if the franchise and industry is even around, there will have been so many more Zelda games that the DS ones will be forever forgotten.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Not bad, just not memorable or important for the series as a whole. It doesn't feel like they've really contributed anything to the franchise.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nintendo realizing that you can't just take it all off in an instant, undressing slowly and teasing is so much more effective

wait what were we talking about again?

finalark

SNORLAX
nintendo realizing that you can't just take it all off in an instant, undressing slowly and teasing is so much more effective
Well, it really does depend. That does usually tends to be more exciting and makes the end result a hundred times better but some times you just want to get in there and-

Wait, are we still talking about video games?

IYM!

Smash Lord

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, just look at how well they've replicated Cezanne's impressionistic painting style:

It's as if they've specifically redesigned Death Mountain to reflect Mont Sainte-Victoire, which is super awesome especially for someone like myself who is a huge fan of Cezanne's work.

finalark

SNORLAX
Man, just look at how well they've replicated Cezanne's impressionistic painting style:

It's as if they've specifically redesigned Death Mountain to reflect Mont Sainte-Victoire, which is super awesome especially for someone like myself who is a huge fan of Cezanne's work.
It looks fantastic! Honestly, after seeing things like that you have to wonder why anyone ever complained about the graphics in the first place.

... then again, this is the internet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I am completely excited for Skyward Sword. I think the art style is fantastic. In fact, it reminds me strongly of Spyro 1, which is like double triple quadruple ultra omega infinite awesome.

finalark

SNORLAX
I am completely excited for Skyward Sword. I think the art style is fantastic. In fact, it reminds me strongly of Spyro 1, which is like double triple quadruple ultra omega infinite awesome.
Hells to the yeah! To me, Zelda should be about fantastical escapism. I love it when they use a different art style from the usually realistic look the series has had ever since OoT. It makes me feel like I really have been taking to a different time and place, ready to explore this world and drink in its wonder.

Honestly, the only people who are complaining about the graphics are either trolls, unpleaseable "fans" or nostalgic die-hards who cling to their N64s wanting every LoZ to be OoT.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
I've been riding along with Nintendo since 1990..

I'm going to go ahead and trust them as they haven't let me down enough yet, though I'll just say that the Wii overall hasn't pleased me near as much as Gamecube's run, so far at least, though that's not to say I've played good games on the console.

Last Zelda I enjoyed to its fullest aesthetics was Majora's Mask. Don't get me wrong, I loved Wind Waker, and I didn't mind the sailing AT ALL, unlike most. It's just I prefer detailed areas, with a lot of lore behind its past, the suspense of its inhabiting dungeons, etc. Though Wind Waker had a lot of that, it was just either not enough or spread out into smaller chunks (islands) to make up for it...my only complaint with the game, and that's more of a nit pick than a valid complaint.

I have to say Skyward Sword is looking promising so far for me. Of course, my opinion isn't effected on the games graphics at all, but it's getting rather irritating hearing the same dribble over and over again, I at least want to hear some new complaints, no matter how ridiculous.

I have enough faith in Nintendo to buy Skyward Sword as soon as it's released, without viewing an official trailer or anything, only thing I'm genuinely concerned about is gimmicky controls. As long as they're implemented to make Zelda completely fresh and intact at the same time. I'll be all set.

Spire

III
BRoomer
More like ALttP, FSA, and TMC since the latter two were created to reflect ALttP's art style. It's definitely not OoT. To set up an analogy of graphical successors:

SS : ALttP/FSA/TMC :: TP : OoT/MM

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Wow, that looks really fun.

Is that jester type character at the end a reworked Vaati?

I really like the lighthearted playfulness of the game. It's very different from Wind Waker, while being just as vibrant.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's either a reworked Vaati or LoZ's Kefka. Either way, I think we have our new antagonist!

"

finalark

SNORLAX
Nice, a new trailer. I wonder how long it will take for many of the so-called "fans" to find something to ***** about?

Regardless, the game looks like it's gonna be a ton of fun. I'm glad Nintendo isn't raising unrealistic expectations by hyping it to death like they did with Twilight Princess.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
What a strange looking character. I don't think it's Vaati. Vaati's demeanor is usually a lot more solemn, but this guy looks pretty whimsical. Would Nintendo venture into a new villain for this title? I just hope he's not another Zant.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Anyone notice that figure at :036 in the trailer? Looked like Skull Kid to me..but with a bit of a different design..thoughts?

And what's the deal with this shield bar below the hearts? I'm guessing it's a charge meter for a special shield bash or something? Or maybe the shields have a durability rate now..though I don't see why they'd do that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What's interesting is how so far with everything we've seen and know about SS is that it's Link versus everything. We haven't seen Link interacting with anyone yet.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Well, that's one thing that's been bugging me..NPC interaction should be at its pinnacle like Majora's Mask, but this IS just a trailer, I think they don't want to give too much away and are too focused on this new direction with Wii Motion Plus for now.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, that's one thing that's been bugging me..NPC interaction should be at its pinnacle like Majora's Mask, but this IS just a trailer, I think they don't want to give too much away and are too focused on this new direction with Wii Motion Plus for now.
I wouldn't say that Majora's Mask is the pinnacle of NPC interaction, but....

Regardless, I would like to see more interaction with NPCs. It would be nice if you could choose what Link says Bioware style (given that he pretty much has zero personality, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo let us choose it).

And voice acting would be nice. Then again, this is Nintendo, who seems to be a few steps behind everyone in nearly every generation so their voice acting is very shaky.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
I wouldn't say that Majora's Mask is the pinnacle of NPC interaction, but....

Regardless, I would like to see more interaction with NPCs. It would be nice if you could choose what Link says Bioware style (given that he pretty much has zero personality, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo let us choose it).

And voice acting would be nice. Then again, this is Nintendo, who seems to be a few steps behind everyone in nearly every generation so their voice acting is very shaky.

I have yet to play a Zelda that's had more NPC interaction than MM. By being at its pinnacle, I'm talking the extensive event chains you can go through for just about any NPC..different dialog for just about every instance, that peak of curiosity you'd get naturally for a lot of villagers (though this part is defiantly present in past Zelda titles, in my opinion Majora's Mask had it out more broader).

And I can't understand why anyone would want voice acting in Zelda, but to each his own, not going to start a debate over that.

Top Bottom