• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Bill - Chapel Hill, NC- April 24/25 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee

Jon?

Smash Champion
What about Jimmy Johns? I eat there every week since it's 10 feet away from my dorm. lol, everyone who went to Smash Stacks know what I'm talking about!

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Wasn't really sure where to post it, might as well be here since this is the next tourney I plan on attending (other than Smash Stacks).

My Wii got stolen at HERB 3 this weekend, and I'd appreciate it back. I'm not saying to rat out your friend or anything, but I'm offering $50 if anyone finds it. So actually, yes, I'm asking you to rat out your friend, because he's a douche. It happened to contain a Brawl disc, and had component cables, a sensor bar and the power cord attached to it. Private message me if you know anything.

EDIT: It had "Ledger" written on it with purple permanent marker in the back, but I doubt that will be a good indicator because I heard around the block that rubbing alcohol has a positive matchup on marker.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
**** man, brawl had like 5 setups yesterday and somebody stole one? thats so busted.

on a side note, here are all the proposed mm's i want to happen at this

Dark Hart
Fiz
snapple
Daft
travis (the pikachu i lost to at the last billfest)
****? (the link i lost to at the last billfest)
gofg
jim
dorsey
gardevior
hinryu (if boone comes; work on that shield pressure :))

all of these can be accepted or denied. all of these for 1 dollar, best 2 out of 3, preferably striking.

i'll also probably accept others, so if you want ganon practice at this, just ask for friendlies or a MM. if i'm not afraid, i'll do it :)

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
if it's the travis I know he's a zelda main.

but yeah I'm down to face any ganon :) Ganon dittos would be fun, but if you want a shot at revenge on my ness or sheik you're welcomed to have it. i'm also down for playing as IC, yoshi, zelda, or marth, let me know.

Hinryu

Smash Apprentice
I really want to make this. Probably see if ape will give me a ride or something.

Also @Chris: I will take you up on that mm sir. Imma get Blackdolph to help me with that Ganon matchup.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i just realized i have played a lot of you guys in tournament. dang, i've been to a lot of tournaments

Jon?

Smash Champion
Maybe at the next tournament. I was beating some of a few decent Melee players at Herb who were wave dashing and doing real combos.

All I did was Fsmash and Grab. I'm good.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
Maybe at the next tournament. I was beating some of a few decent Melee players at Herb who were wave dashing and doing real combos.

All I did was Fsmash and Grab. I'm good.
this is sooooo true....

people need to realize smash is smash...

not getting hit, reading your opponent, spacing, and adaptation are crucial elements of both games...

with a decent understanding of a particular character's moveset a brawl player can have success in melee...

part of the problem is that melee is old, so overall the talent pool is much stronger. husband mentioned this at herb3. he said back in the day he had guaranteed wins vs the first 2 or so people in tourney, whereas now everyone is good. the scrubs are gone.

The same thing will happen with brawl as it ages. The scrubs will either get good or quit. Years down the road brawl may be just as intimidating for new players as melee is for brawl players now. An experience gap is waaaaaaayyyyy more intimidating than a tech skill gap, imo.

Top Bottom