• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Japanese Ledge Grab rule

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Idiotic rule. What if I just get thrown off the ledge a lot? How was it decided on that the magic number should be 70? How is it not an arbitrary number? And who the hell is going to keep count?!

Let's not confuse trolls with valid debaters either <_<.

But as said, anyone who went to CoT4 knows why this thread is here. I saw some extremely gay things that could of been stopped by this rule. This is more-so finding the best "anti-plank" rule, rather than just this Japanese grab rule. It just seems to be one of the better options right now.
If Planking is so overpowered, get it banned instead of trying to find random ways to ban not only Planking but also other, very legit things. Last time it was some kind of rule that would've impeded on Camping in general. This time it's a rule that could disqualify people because they just get thrown off the ledge a lot (or just force them to recover high, which isn't always the best option).

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna, you have failed me. :(
Yes, but how can we know when to disqualify someone mid-match? We would have to wait 'til the timer has actually run out first. And smart Plankers will still keep count themselves to not go overboard. Thus, this rule will be meaningless and people will still be able to Plank... in small increments.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I'm not here to discuss really. I'm listening to other's opinions before forming my own.

I'm just sad you didn't read the entirety of the first post before dismissing it. ;___;

Though! Though, I believe this rule's goal is to remove planking as an entire match-wide strategy. Small amounts of planking couldn't ever be banned without immense moderation.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I'm not here to discuss really. I'm listening to other's opinions before forming my own.

I'm just sad you didn't read the entirety of the first post before dismissing it. ;___;

Though! Though, I believe this rule's goal is to remove planking as an entire match-wide strategy. Small amounts of planking couldn't ever be banned without immense moderation.
It was a trap all along. If anyone were to question whether or I knew about the victory/defeat screen, I would have given them the argument I just gave you.

I'm devious like that.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This rule is strictly better than a "no planking" rule because it's objective. Rules should, whenever possible, be objective instead of subjective. Arguments about waiting to the last few minutes and then ledgestalling and not going over 70 seem silly to me; if the player who is "against" stalling plays aggressively for the whole game, they won't really get a chance to do that. You "consent" to the situation by playing passively beforehand. The legitimate recovery issue isn't even that big of a worry; what if it's 150% to 90% with 20 seconds left in a Wario vs Mr. Game & Watch matchup? We have the timer to prevent games from lasting forever, but the timer has the additional effect in this case of preventing the Wario player to try to play as stallishly as he can to save up for Wario Waft. In fact, no matter how aggressively the Wario plays, unless he lands an fsmash immediately, he is probably going to lose. The idea behind that kind of a rule is that the overall trade-off is worth it; you just play around the rule in normal gameplay.

I'm not convinced that ledgestalling is broken, and I really don't see this rule as warranted. I personally would just play the game and let ledgestalling run its course. However, a lot of tournaments are going to use "no planking" rules anyway, and this rule is definitely way better. It's very easy to prevent 70 ledgegrabs from actually happening, and given that you know the rule, it shouldn't be a surprise. Players who do choose to play whatever ledgegames just have to factor in their constant consumption of a limited resource.

Also, I agree with the suggestion that this should only be used when time runs out anyway. We're basically just changing what we arbitrarily do in time over circumstances. As things stand the rules are:

stock > percentage > sudden death result

with the new rule it would be

ledge grab count (if either is 71 or more, otherwise discount this step) > stock > percentage > sudden death result

It's a pretty simple change. I'm actually having trouble coming up with a good basis to oppose it since we are already arbitrary on how we interpret the timer running out, and this is really just a nerf to playstyles that revolve around stalling out the timer. The only question that remains is just what the ideal number would be; 70 is indeed completely arbitrary. Also be sure to be very careful in your wording and subsequent interpretation; you don't want funny questions when the rule comes up and the number is exactly 70. Over 70 means that 70 exactly is fair game; we don't want anyone being confused by that.

The wording I'd use in an official rule list would be as follows.

In the case that the timer runs out, the match will come down to tiebreakers. The first tiebreaker will be the number of ledgegrabs; if either player has over 70 ledgegrabs shown in the stats screen, the player with the lower number of ledgegrabs wins. The second tiebreaker will be stock count; the player with more stock remaining if there is a difference wins. The third tiebreaker is percentage at the end of the match; the player with a lower percentage wins. The final tiebreaker is the result shown on the result screen; this will probably be awarded to the player who won the sudden death.

In the case of teams, both players will have their numbers added together with eliminated players at the end being considered to have 0 stock and 0% damage. For ledgegrabs, if either team has a total of over 141 ledgegrabs, the team with a smaller number of total ledegrabs wins. For the second tiebreaker, the team with more total stock remaining wins. The third tiebreaker will be that the team with the lower combined percentage wins. The final tiebreaker is again the result shown on the character select screen.

zaf

Smash Lord
i was playing chesterr01 and purposely planking and edge hogging in the match to see if i could get near 70 while still playing at my "A" game.

The closest i could get was like 30-40.

but compared to what dojo did against ninjalink, i think 70 could be reached.
Even more easily on norfair when there are 6 edges to grab.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yes, but how can we know when to disqualify someone mid-match? We would have to wait 'til the timer has actually run out first. And smart Plankers will still keep count themselves to not go overboard. Thus, this rule will be meaningless and people will still be able to Plank... in small increments.
"Planking in small increments" is self-contradictory.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Idiotic rule. What if I just get thrown off the ledge a lot? How was it decided on that the magic number should be 70?
If you get thrown off the ledge once every 6 seconds throughout the match and somehow don't die three times then there's something horribly wrong with you or your opponent.

How is it not an arbitrary number? And who the hell is going to keep count?!
Wasn't this in Size 7 text earlier?

If Planking is so overpowered, get it banned instead of trying to find random ways to ban not only Planking but also other, very legit things.
SUbjective: "Planking is banned. If you Plank, you lose." requires judges and arbitraryness.
Objective: "71 Grabs is a loss" is way better than the above..."

Last time it was some kind of rule that would've impeded on Camping in general. This time it's a rule that could disqualify people because they just get thrown off the ledge a lot (or just force them to recover high, which isn't always the best option).
Once every 6 seconds...

I personally don't really have much of an opinion on this rule, but there's no way someone's going to accidentally grab the ledge 71 times in a match, which is what is important.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
the Brawl boards are so silly...try Smash64, all we have is banned stages..and one banned trap tech...but no one wants to use that anyways :p

On topic...this seems like a futile way to ban something...seeing as it is unrealistic, and conflicts with other "non-banned" (LOL) parts of the game

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
SUbjective: "Planking is banned. If you Plank, you lose." requires judges and arbitraryness.
Objective: "71 Grabs is a loss" is way better than the above..."
My tuchas. It has never been an issue before when we banned specific techniques and stalls, such as Rising Pound and the Infinite Dimensional Cape.

As long as it is proven overpowered and warranting of a ban, we can ban it.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
yo you guys stop being *****es.

if someone is planking, ****a rule and just punch em in the face. that's wack

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Honestly, I am against this rule. In all honesty if you were so paranoid against camping it would be better to turn off the timer so planking does not get you any reward rather than doing this. I didn't like this idea when I first heard it, and I don't like it now. If you want to remove planking, remove the only benefit it has: winning by time out. That's INFINITELY better than checking number of ledge grabs every match.
No it's not. Every tournament has a time limit. You only make players camp the ledge for 20 minutes every match. Tourneys couldn't even be played for that reason - the timeframe is limited.

Banning MK is honestly the solution. The only reason MK isn't banned right now is because the SBR consists of far more Melee players than it does brawl players and thus the overall opinion of the SBR is flawed due to its overall inexperience in brawl and with MK.
I'm dissapointed to hear that from you since I was under the impression you were an experienced tournament host. No offence but if you think that banning MK would be the solution you're pretty naive. That either sounds like you look for an excuse to ban MK or that you are simply premature. You can ban MK and people will start planking with Pit, ROB, G&W and Marth. Banning MK won't change that...I think you're smart enough to understand that.

There's a video of a Pit player from Florida (Danny), who is about to loose to a MK (2 stocks behind IIRC) and wins the match by planking and using arrows 90% of the time. Watch it if you think that MK is the only reason planking should be banned.

i'd say the bigger problem is the sbr is filled with people who are idiots in general.
This is true but has actually little to do with the subject. It's not like good TOs listen to the SBR in the first place.

Doesn't marth also have an extremely gay ledgecamp with his fair and upb?

Also I lol when people realize how stupidly designed and uncompetitive barwl is, and then are forced to be scrubs and ban stuff and whine about cheap stuff.
Funny thing you mentioned this because Sheik's or Jigglypuff's planking in Melee was a lot more broken. Just because Melee players are scrubs, who don't use that tactic to win (which is what being competitive is all about) doesn't mean Brawl is uncompetitive (at least not for that reason).

Also it's rather the communities that are being uncompetitive. If Melee or it's community was as competitive as you all pretend it to be more people would've planked in order to win. But scrubs don't play to win (but still pretend to e competitive) that's why planking isn't an issue in Melee.

First of all, I don't play brawl, just melee.

With that said, people that are bashing the brawl community for this, saying things like "brawl sucks, lets me this a rule to get people to stop playing. lololol" are all idiots. Planking was invented in melee, and is just as cheap there as it is in brawl, the only difference is the brawl player ethic. Brawl players have more of a one track mind: win. Generally, melee players have been a bit more honorable than brawlers, although there are definitely exceptions. However, plank used to plank with sheik all the time in melee. Jiggly has a beast ledgestall very similar to metaknights.

Also to people that say its ******** because the player should be allowed to do whatever it takes to win...those people need to watch teh_spamerer play brawl. Also, similar rules have always been around. "Jigglypuff's rising pound and peach's wall bomber can be used as recovery techniques, not as a way of stalling a match" In other words, there have always been ways to stall in melee, they were just easier to ban.
This man speaks truth.

This is a terrible rule. You can easily run the timer by running away the entire match without ledgecamping.
No you can't. The only character who's even remotely capable of doing this is Falco and he's still very limited. Also stages that allow these tactics (like Plank did on Luigi's Mansion) should be banned.

Just because you were able to run away a whole match on Pokefloats against Vidjo doesn't mean that it's always possible. Floats is a broken stage as is every stage that allows such tactics.

Also vids or it didn't happen.

Idiotic rule. What if I just get thrown off the ledge a lot? How was it decided on that the magic number should be 70? How is it not an arbitrary number? And who the hell is going to keep count?!

If Planking is so overpowered, get it banned instead of trying to find random ways to ban not only Planking but also other, very legit things. Last time it was some kind of rule that would've impeded on Camping in general. This time it's a rule that could disqualify people because they just get thrown off the ledge a lot (or just force them to recover high, which isn't always the best option).
I don't know if you read AZ's fisrt post but he made a point you didn't adress. This rule isn't necessarily meant to stop planking. If you grab the ledge 70 times you lose. That encourages to play an offensive game as knocking the opponent off the stage might turn out to be rewarding and stop ledgecamping at the same time. The rule isn't only meant to stop planking but an more general idea.

I'm not saying I agree with this idea but you just didn't answer to it...intentional or not.

Lol guys I think the real reason nobody really planked in Melee was because they were too busy having fun :laugh:
A competitive game is about winning. If I want fun I turn on items and play on Hyrule Temple because on the lower part you can survive too 300%! Now thatis fun.

:059:

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Funny thing you mentioned this because Sheik's or Jigglypuff's planking in Melee was a lot more broken. Just because Melee players are scrubs, who don't use that tactic to win (which is what being competitive is all about) doesn't mean Brawl is uncompetitive (at least not for that reason).

Also it's rather the communities that are being uncompetitive. If Melee or it's community was as competitive as you all pretend it to be more people would've planked in order to win. But scrubs don't play to win (but still pretend to e competitive) that's why planking isn't an issue in Melee.
LOL you must be kidding

How is planking more broken in melee? Rofl you can be punished for it. You can edgehog sheik during her up b shenanigans/bait her to do an aerial and hit or just grab the edge. If shes messes up she dies.

Jiggs is lighter so she can die too but it's also not worth it alot of the time because unlike in brawl, the game doesn't automatically sweetspot from 1.5 character lengths away for you, and as a result you are subject to human error.

People don't plank in melee because alot of the time it isn't worth it because of the risk(unlike in brawl 90% of the characters can't make it back simply by DIing, nor is there stupid sweetspotting from ridiculous distances), and it is punishable. If you get your opponent off the edge in brawl so what? A majority of the recoveries are broken anyway and you usually can't punish up b lag sufficiently if at all.

Planking isn't an issue in melee, because you can get punished for it and there is a possibility for human error. You also failed to bring up ganon's infinite ledgestall but noone uses it because you can get edgehogged/mess up. In brawl not only is it impossible to mess up but you can't really punish even if they do mess up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
A competitive game is about winning. If I want fun I turn on items and play on Hyrule Temple because on the lower part you can survive too 300%! Now thatis fun.

:059:
I meant that although Melee players played to win, they knew they could win a different way and have WAY more fun, and not everyone mained Sheik or jiggs. And really the only one that had a practical edgestall was sheik, jiggs' was just camping essentially and could be EASILY stopped, especially since Melee had crouch canceling and a more reasonable ledgegrab range.

Sheik could be mindgamed into doing Fair (which could be CC'd and countered) or the opponent could grab the ledge before them, which is admittedly very hard if the sheik knows what they're doing. but even then, you have one case where this could happen, and most people know that they can win, probably even faster/safer, by actually playing.

So people should stop pretending this was just as prevalent in Melee. They should also stop hailing Brawl as more competitive because it devolves into edge-stalling lol.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
sheik's upb stall according to M2K is pretty broken, just that no one was gay enough to do it
You sure about that?

Plank did that **** all the time in melee too, it was just easier to stop/punish -.-

Also I would like to see Gheb explain how "melee" is a bunch of scrubs when the brawl community so adamant on banning/enforcing stupid **** like characters and how many times you can grab the edge, like seriously if you have to put a number limit on something as trivial as grabbing the edge then you really have to question your own community instead of blaming other people/making stuff up.

clowsui

Smash Legend
ITT People getting butthurt and ******** over Brawl and Melee comparisons. Stop comparing if you can't do it in an intelligent manner -___-

Also superryan what's funny is that Street Fighter community banned Akuma in SSFIIT yet ST community still remains pretty strong and highly competitive. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

EDIT: I think this rule is kind of dumb because with this 70 rule you're making people much more cautious about a legitimate risk/reward situation. If I can gain momentary invincibility from grabbing the ledge, thus protecting me against some really good attacks (ex Tornado), why should I limit myself to 70 of them? >__>

Melee had its fair share of problems, it's just that people knew how to have fun and win at the same time. The huge competitiveness of Melee imo was a slight backlash to Brawl because new people saw "play to win" but not necessarily the fun part next to playing to win. Brawl is still INCREDIBLY young, I don't understand why Melee people are so quick to dismiss it as a competitive game -___- It may not hold the same competitive potential as some believe Melee to have but it's certainly viable, and to create optimal viability is why we're trying to fix this problem now. Stop saying that there's something wrong with us because we're trying to come up with solutions to this.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Also superryan what's funny is that Street Fighter community banned Akuma in SSFIIT yet ST community still remains pretty strong and highly competitive. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
Akuma was legitmately broken, lol.

You can deal with ledgestalling, people dealt with it in melee. Plank played the same in melee like he did in brawl but it's not our fault your game is being dominated by it. Also in melee it wasn't always worth it to stall as opposed to actually fighting due to the risk:reward.

Also I'm only mad because when people like Gheb have to make **** up to support their argument it only proves how weak it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFyrCH7Xo

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This topic was brought up in the SBR awhile ago and the discussion didn't last long lol.

I'm pretty sure AZ is just pointing out that this is actually an enforcable rule, so tournaments that say "No planking" should use this rule instead because it's actually enforcable.

I remember actually killing Spam while he was planking in our team matches with him. It's really not that big of a deal if you know how to get around it, it can just really suck for some characters.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
How about we just enforce the rule only if time runs out. That way if the opponent thinks that they've grabbed over 70 times they can just wait for time to run out to win the match.

It would suck if I won a match and then found out that I have over 70 ledge grabs and then I suddenly lost.

Seriously it would make King DDD even more broken because his chaingrab pretty much forces people (especially wolf) into a ledge grab. If you don't have good recovery like MK you grab the ledge or get hit by his d tilt.

JFox

Smash Hero
people either aren't reading, or they aren't very bright.

you have to grab the ledge once every 6 seconds to "accidentally" go over the 70 ledge grabs. no one "accidentally" grabs the ledge that much, they do it as a stalling method it to plank and force their opponent into a situation where they have to approach the other person if they want the kill. planking is banned in many tourneys and so is stalling, this is just a means of enforcing the rules.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm probably never going to use this rule at my events.

I already have an 8 minute timer to make running the clock pretty hard and judges watch matches for planking. I've called teh_spamerer on it before and he gets off the ledge and fights.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. For the 50th time read the thread. The game keeps count automatically. You said this is idiotic, yet it was your very post that was idiotic.
2. If you get thrown off a bunch and grab the edge every 6 seconds then you lost because of the rule. It is a new dynamic created by the existence of this rule. No big deal.
3. It is an arbitrary number. At least it is something concrete though. Currently tournaments put "no planking" in their ruleset and it can't be enforced/is completely arbitrary and subjective if planking even occurred. This is an easily enforceable, concrete substitute that achieves the same effect. It should also be noted it doesn't limit planking completely, if you conserve your edge grabs than you can plank out the last minute or two of the game, so the tactic still exists, but you simply can't perform it for 7-8 minutes.

Again, this rule should be used INSTEAD of the "no planking" rule that is already used at some tournaments. I'm not advocating every tournament use this or that planking is broken, but tournaments are putting "no planking" in their rules ANYWAYS, so this is a 100X better substitute if the TO is going to have a rule about planking anyways.

I'm gonna start handing out warnings if people keep coming in with "omfg brawl hax suxzors" postings. This has nothing to do with Melee.

JFox

Smash Hero
yea, i agree, numbers can be perfectly legitimate yet completely arbitrary at the same time. As long as it prevents what its made to, whats the difference...

ya know i just realized I dont know why im posting. people are just going to come in, read one sentence of the first post, and than say the same old **** "thats ********! brawl is so dumb! its a part of the game! whos gonna keep track of how many times they grab the ledge?!"

smashboards=fail

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if you read AZ's fisrt post but he made a point you didn't adress. This rule isn't necessarily meant to stop planking. If you grab the ledge 70 times you lose. That encourages to play an offensive game as knocking the opponent off the stage might turn out to be rewarding and stop ledgecamping at the same time. The rule isn't only meant to stop planking but an more general idea.
Then it's a Scrubby ban. Only ban things which are broken. Ledgecamping is overall not broken. It might be boring, but it's Scrubby and totally wrong to ban stuff because they are boring.

If people want to ledgecamp, let them. As long as the way they do it is not overpowered.

I remember actually killing Spam while he was planking in our team matches with him. It's really not that big of a deal if you know how to get around it, it can just really suck for some characters.
Then people need to stop playing those characters.

1. For the 50th time read the thread. The game keeps count automatically. You said this is idiotic, yet it was your very post that was idiotic.
You didn't read my 2nd post in this thread, which was, what, two posts below that one?

2. If you get thrown off a bunch and grab the edge every 6 seconds then you lost because of the rule. It is a new dynamic created by the existence of this rule. No big deal.
And? It'll still affect normal, non-broken ledgecamping.

3. It is an arbitrary number. At least it is something concrete though. Currently tournaments put "no planking" in their ruleset and it can't be enforced/is completely arbitrary and subjective if planking even occurred.
So are "No excessive X stall" rules. Just limit the number of times one can Plank in a row, the way we limit all excessive stalls (even if that number is arbitrarily set). That way, it'll be a limit on Planking and Planking alone.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So are "No excessive X stall" rules. Just limit the number of times one can Plank in a row, the way we limit all excessive stalls (even if that number is arbitrarily set). That way, it'll be a limit on Planking and Planking alone.
This is funny. One of your first gripes with this idea was keeping count...and then you suggest that we should keep count mid-match?

And? It'll still affect normal, non-broken ledgecamping.
Yea, just like having an arbitrary 8 minute timer can effect regular matches in Brawl. It is a trade off, and if you lose because your opponent uses this rule against you then you lost. I don't see a problem. The rule doesn't read "you can't grab the edge 70 times in the process of planking", no, it would read something like "you can't grab the edge 70 times".

You didn't read my 2nd post in this thread, which was, what, two posts below that one?
You mean this?

I did read it. I already responded to it if you had actually read the first 6 pages before this post.

Read this post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6633422&postcount=21

But since I can't trust you will read it here is the quote:

Ledge stalling is still viable, just for 69 grabs.
You are right. For 69 grabs you can edge stall. Guess what? Grab one more time past that point and you automatically lose. Would you take that risk? I know I wouldn't.
-So, go ahead, plank in small increments. But when there is less than 2 minutes in the match and you have already grabbed the edge 55-60 times..
-On top of this you once again seem confused about the rule: it has nothing to do with making someone quit midmatch. You wait until the end and this rule should only be used in the event time rules out anyways.

You also had a post talking about how you shouldn't ban something that isn't broken (yea, I read that one too!). This has been addressed multiple times though: this rule is a SUBSTITUTE for people using "no planking" rules already at their tournaments. These TO's (basically every TO in the North East of the US) have already decided they don't want planking. So this rule can be used in place of "no planking" because it solves all the problems of the "no planking" rule, which is basically that it is hard to determine if someone is planking or not, and even if you could determine it you still have to call a judge over to enforce a ruling.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I completely agree with this rule. 70 is such a high number for a 3-stock match. You can still abuse the edge a little bit and be unpredictable, but it stops you from going completely overboard.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I completely agree with this rule. 70 is such a high number for a 3-stock match. You can still abuse the edge a little bit and be unpredictable, but it stops you from going completely overboard.
Bingo! Someone understands!

Vayseth

Smash Master
My tuchas.
OMG! That is an *AMAZING* word, I'm glad you spelled it like that too.

Anyway, this thread is dumb. You can beat planking. It is annoying, but you can beat it. If you're worried about it... take off the timer. Otherwise, any other rule is just plain stupid.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Vayseth: just go into any EC tournament thread (for the most part) and you will see "no planking". This rule isn't about the validity/ideology about banning planking. It is about creating a rule that can actually be effectively enforced assuming the TO wants to curb plankings effectiveness.

The timer should not be removed for obvious reasons: you can then have someone plank for a half hour while one person sits and waits. You would therefor have a match go on indefinitely.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You are a moron. Sheik ledgecamping and Jigglypuff ledgecamping can be dealt with in various simple ways, THAT'S why nobody does it excessively. Fox and Falco can run to the ledge and shield and if they ledgehop an aeriel punish with shine OOS. So either they ledgehop and attack your shield and go for the ledge again. You can roll away if your shield gets weak but eventually you should be able to time/guess that they're not going for your shield and wavedash fastfall edgehog. Characters who have good wavedashes can easily take the ledge from them by staying a safe distance away and then wavedashing to the ledge.

No you can't. The only character who's even remotely capable of doing this is Falco and he's still very limited. Also stages that allow these tactics (like Plank did on Luigi's Mansion) should be banned.
Really, you can't? **** you sure proved me wrong.

Just because you were able to run away a whole match on Pokefloats against Vidjo doesn't mean that it's always possible. Floats is a broken stage as is every stage that allows such tactics.
What are you trying to say? That you can't always run the timer out on Poke Floats?

Also vids or it didn't happen.

In Melee: I agree with you. You need to be on a stage like Poke Floats or Corneria to just win by running away.

But in Brawl you can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeXmXZmtv6w
If you need more proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7h0ZIluLs

R1 and R2 go to the timer without any excessive ledgecamping.

Sanu

Smash Champion
i'd say the bigger problem is the sbr is filled with people who are idiots in general.

also pockyD isn't a troll; just because he disagrees doesn't mean he's a troll lmao

considering he has legitmate reasoning behind what he's saying it's pretty sad you have to just call him a troll and dismiss his opinion instead of having actual counterpoints.
Haha, are you illiterate? We were bouncing points and counter-points back and forth for 10-12 posts. Calling him a troll was just a cheap shot.

PockyD said:
Did I bring up melee?

Crap, I can't address the issues, so let's just call him a troll and move on! That way people think that I'm being intelligent and the other person is just going out of their way to be annoying, and no one will notice that I'm just dodging the problem!
See: previous text blurb. Also, you did indirectly mention melee and imply your favor towards the game near the beginning of the thread. http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6634125

ggnore

Top Bottom