• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It's pretty much accepted fact that BK is bottom tier. You can make arguments that place him higher, but then again that is all theorycraft.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
id like to add whataburger to high tier.

It'd be top if it wasn't a southern franchise preventing you all from partaking in a meaty delicacy.

:phone: :: Tapatalk Android App

CTL17

Smash Lord
There's also a Rutger's tier: Fat sandwiches. Most unhealthiest thing I have ever eaten. Worse than 100 White Castle sliders that seven of us devoured that night before.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Wendy's is awful, I dunno how you eat that ****.
It has the best half-********, half-deaf servers though.

Just for that comment however, I'm going to stuff my face full of Wendy's tonight. Chicken club all day. I don't mess with those burgers though, and the fries are surprisingly unappealing to me.

Gonna also order some mayo on the side with mayo on top :troll:
I don't even think they have mayo as a sauce though

cmart

Smash Lord
BK made exactly one sandwich I loved (the steakhouse XT) and now they don't, so I have no real reason to go there. Unlike McD's and their snackwraps, Wendy's and their frosties, or Chick-fil-a and their actually edible chicken. And that's not even getting into fastfood joints I like - California Tortillia, Five Guys - both MD grown franchises - support your state *****es!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
California Tortilla is from ... MD?
Needed to be quoted for re-emphasis

While we're at it, the soda tier list: (not including diet, because that would take too long)

Top Tier:

Mountain Dew Classic
Vanilla Coke
MD: Pitch Black
Mello Yello
Sunkist
A&W
Pepsi Throwback
MD: Throwback
MD: Voltage
MD: Baja Blast
Welch's Grape Soda
IBC Root Beer
Black Cherry Fresca

High Tier

Barg's
MD: Livewire
Sun Drop
Fanta Birch Beer
Fresca
Coke
Cherry Coke
Dr. pepper
Wild Cherry Pepsi
Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla
7-Up

Mid Tier

Pepsi
Sprite
RC Cola
Cherry 7-up
Dr. Pepper Cherry
Fanta Orange
Fanta Strawberry

Low Tier

Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Sierra Mist
Mountain Dew Code Red
Fanta Grape

cmart

Smash Lord
Yeah it started in Bethesda. I verified to be sure I wasn't making that up, but it's a legit MD business.

Also not that I drink soda Tant, but when I did I imagine I would switch your high and top tier and call it a day. I note a lot of the sodas in your top are overly sweet, while your high has a majority of the thick flavors I prefer.

hot$

Smash Ace
Soda cannot be ranked tant since my top 20? Would be all dew then dr pepper then Pepsi. Too much personal likes and dislikes

Oh except throwback. Real sugar tastes nasty

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lmao

Bandit come over sometime since Brett has vacated from the monster and bring kiki, we can play xbox since i have one now or wii and the girls and have some girly time

D

Deleted member

Can you guys tell me where the videos are from brett's housewarming party stream from after I arrived? I wanted to watch my own play from that and I checked the stream and skimmed through it but I couldn't find anything.

It was from both laptops so it's a difficult request but I pretty much want to see what I'm going wrong with when I'm playing sheik so I can eliminate those holes in Melee.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/305524315 (Part 2)
0:39:40; Your Sheik vs CTL's Falcon

http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/305532303 (Part 3)
1:03:10 - 1:14:21; Your Sheik in doubles (You + Ryoko vs cmart + JC)
1:27:54 - 1:42:36; More dubs (cute Fair trade kill / win at the end)
1:50:27 - Part 4; Doubles, doubles, etc

http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/305535298 (Part 4)
0:00:00 - 0:13:49; Still? More doubles.
0:36:53 - 00:43:35; More Sheik stuff
--------------------
http://www.twitch.tv/ryokoyaksa/b/305525727 (Part 2)
1:58:12 - Part three; Sheik dittos with Dave

http://www.twitch.tv/ryokoyaksa/b/305528478 (Part 4)
0:00:00 - 0:06:45; Workin' that C-Stick :awesome:
0:29:45 - 0:37:40; Yeah, that's about all I could find.
--------------------
I've been studying my own gameplay, using any free time that I've been able to conjure up, since Monday. It's great to know that I've at least made some progress, and still have a a considerable of kinks to work out of my playstyle. That said, I'd late to take this time to thank any and every person I'd played. All of you were incredibly fun to Smash with, and definitely helped me better separate my Brawl-Melee playstyles, and most notably, my habits (erm, for example, trying to buffer a powershield out of an action will ultimately make Falco and Sheik my worst MUs, due to lasers and needles, respectively... so I appreciate anyone who'd destroyed me with either character >_>).

and guess who napped past a date with a really awesome girl?
<--- This guy :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ Dedication right there.

9K you wanna come over tonight? Traffic sucks on Friday afternoons so I'm not gonna go to Greenbelt Station, but you can take the MARC (Camden Line to Savage) and I could pick you up from there, and drop you off at Greenbelt whenever we're done.

Anyone else who wants to come over and smash tonight is welcome too. I get home around 4.

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
yo brett, can you bundle up that wii emulator and rpg you were telling me was oh so good and hook me up with a link?

also we got anything planned for next saturday? not tomorrow, but after that, im looking to make a trip somewhere for some hanging out

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds like everyone wants to smash next weekend. Sounds good to me. I have some stuff to do on Sunday but we'll see what happens.

yo brett, can you bundle up that wii emulator and rpg you were telling me was oh so good and hook me up with a link?
Yeah gimme some time to upload it. edit: pm'ed

D

Deleted member

I'm kind of upset that my play is so....bad. Well most of the time. Some of that stuff was pretty lol.

Needs more Wendy's to power up my sheik-gay level.

edit: I thought of how to fix squirtle. Squirtle is annoying because he's a series of extremes: high kill power, high speed, low weight, low size. I compared him in my head to his relative counterparts. That is to say, what makes him so much different from Pikachu/Jigglypuff. Squirtle is WAY faster than pikachu, which is...depressing, but more importantly it means that he is much less subjected to stage control, zoning, or other dynamic play. It is this inability to interact with squirtle that makes him annoying (think regular MK tornado).

However, both of the pokemon also have stupid kill power in their own right.I think it'd be okay for squirtle to KEEP his (devastating) kill throw so long as he weren't such a horrible combination of fast/small. I think you should make him slightly bigger to match the size of pikachu/jigglypuff (he is slightly smaller, right?) and for him to handle in the air and on the ground similarly to pikachu. that basically means nerfing the **** out of his side B since it effectively replaces his dash as far as i can tell, but a weakened side B also means that squirtle is much less impervious to standard stage control, leading to less shenanigans and, in effect, an opponent can aim an attack and realistically expect it to hit, for better or worse. effectively you're making squirtle more dynamic and it forces the squirtle player and his opponent to interact more often. adding depth and strategy playing in and around each other in some reactive way. it also means he can't recover ****ing forever and that he's subject to more standard edge guarding, which is okay because his recovery on the up B is still decent as far as i can tell. but yeah pretty much you should make squirtle subject to the same crap that other characters have to deal with instead of having a "get out of jail free" option whenever he wants.

I also think squirtle should be a good bit heavier, because dying at 60% is just as annoying for the squirtle player. again, i think you should use pikachu as a reference. even if they have similar weight and handle and size, the vastly different move sets and recovery abilities should make them exclusive enough when played. it's not like pikachu and jigglypuff are easy to pin either, so you still have a relatively fast and potent character that is unique and fun to play, but more normalized in handle and friendlier to your audience (people trying to not play brawl basically).

little ****ers also have craptastic grabs. it's very obvious when you hit high on squirtles low shield (VERY easy to hit high on) that his grab is not bad in any way. i'm not sure how this would play out but a slightly diminished grab would also match the other changes.

in short:

+ size (slightly)
+ weight (less slightly)
- speed in a general sense, although again this is mostly nerfing the turtle slide, aka fast armored low risk dashdancing that you can't overshoot to counter that goes into most moves unpredictably with high reward, aka "This is the only move most people use at all". or at least as far as i can tell.
+/- grab range, depending how the character handles after the above changes.

obviously, we test the finished product and refine it from there.

cmart

Smash Lord
Awesome, thanks for your insight Max. I agree with a lot of this, and whenever I get back to work on Squirt I'll definitely keep it in mind. I've known for a bit that Squirtle's had some fundamental gameplay problems (and agree that side B's overwhelming safety is the main culprit) but honestly squirtle has been low priority for a while so I've been focusing my efforts elsewhere. I'll let you know when that changes, so you can beat up whatever new builds get cooked up.

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
project cave update:

So you guys may not believe it, but I actually did some work on the game this weekend. If I didn't everything right it should work perfectly on mac and windows. No really content yet but I have an awesome idea for a real time AI editor, should be sweet! I'll add a page to the wiki with how to install everything after I get the repository up and working. Also, this was probably one of the biggest hurdles I had to get over, so things should be picking up rapidly on the game front. I hope you guys are still up for some fun game design!

Edit: lol Ravens

Top Bottom