• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

hot$

Smash Ace
Oh neat jcz. I was just talking in general though. Was assuming that you would still be smashing on a analog tv. Old but still handy :)

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I've found that my Wii to vga doesn't lag on a monitor. It does randomly black out though which obviously is a pain and monitors don't have sound by default so you need an adapter to make it work.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
9K, who is Brandi? She friended me on Facebook and you are our mutual friend, so I assume you know her.
She's one of my friends, as well as one of the reasons behind why I don't use Facebook for much of anything nowadays. Why she chooses to add literally every person who is my "friend" on that site still remains a mystery to me. (the idea of a person simply being friendly is something that I never consider, understand, or accept; but that's probably the case).

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
It's called friend collecting. Some people(tends to be mostly female) like to friend people just to make themselves seem like they are more popular then they are.

A study of male college students show that a friend number of 300 has the best result in terms of attractiveness.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/psyched/200901/facebook-friends-too-many-too-few

And here is a study that tries to link too many friends of narcissism

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-57401116-501465/number-of-facebook-friends-linked-to-narcissism-says-study/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Damn really? I'm a total introvert and I have 250+. And I think there are only like 10 I don't really know.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So anyway, the new TV is amazing and doesn't noticeably lag :bee:

Who's coming over this weekend and when? I get home at 4pm today and I'm up for whatever. BYOB&C.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Hey: Demo 2: Try this:
Someone be Toon Link, someone be Lucas
Toon Link throws a bomb up.
Lucas double jumps up and catches bomb with Z.
Lucas... floats up with the bomb...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, we're aware, and it's fixed in the patch.

We really do need to get a head count for Zenith.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tantalus is planning a big smasher trip to Six Flags on June 23rd. You could come with us I suppose.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Caught my come-canceling reference, gooood :awesome:

The 3rd weekend from now = Zenith, P:M tourney, meeting toaster bros, etc.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Change of plans.

My boy that I was going to hit the bars with this weekend as a birthday celebration has a special lady friend of his coming around from Tennessee this weekend and the next one. While I will get to meet her next weekend (hopefully) at our mutual friend's housewarming party and even though I would like to celebrate his birthday, I'm going to let them have some special time alone this weekend.

So that being said, I have absolutely zero plans for this weekend and I'm free to come up.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well other than Sunday (for obvious reasons) I'm free all weekend. And actually cmart's off on Friday. I dunno what your work schedule is like but that means you could come over as early as tonight if you want (though Thursday is family dinner night for me so I won't be home till 8 or 9).

I'll see what I can do about getting some other people over this weekend.

cmart

Smash Lord
My response to that was far from safe.... for anywhere

I've censored it for the sake of your virgin eyes.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
It was a text that one of my friends got from someone she knew. I wish I had saved some sort of screencap or something because the entire thing was all kinds of ********. That was just the part that stood out the most.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Pretty sure this is incorrect.

Guy: "My father hates me..." T.T

Girl: "Awwwww... but hate is really just another form of love, so he really does love you!"
Think of it like this: if one holds hatred toward another person, then said person is still on one's mind in some manner; they still, to a much lesser extent than love, care about that person's existence. For this reason, it's better to watch out for indifference, as it is definitely one of the most passive forms of mental punishment. Hatred can be argued to be another form of love in many ways, but this is how I've linked the two emotions (or rather, states of mind...?) together.

Are you guys considering adoption? I heard 9K has been dying to hear whether or not you are going to take him in or not.
...? Anyway, cmart, I'll be at Greenbelt around 12:45 today, just as planned. It's a neato weekday, too, so there shouldn't be any bull**** train delays.

Top Bottom