• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Alright people...

NO KOAST!

Who wants to go? We need to start making plans NOW...inlcuding gathering, driving, housing, etc.

Please post here ASAP so we can get an idea of who all is in for this.

ook

Smash Lord
11 hours........ I dunno...... :dizzy:

I guess I'd go if anyone else really wants to go.

I drove to disney world once (in 2 days), which was like 9 hours a day. The question is... is NO KOAST better than disney world??

Pong

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to interupt your brawl discussions :) however are their any melee players in the chicago area wanting to smash?

If so let me know !!!

Kirk

Smash Champion
I wouldn't want to go with just a few people...I'd rather have a full or near full car where we can share the driving somewhat...and have an AWESOME time.

So it seems like ook and I are in the same boat...we'll go if there's more people who want to lol. We've got about a month...but like I said, I'd rather plan it out now if it's going to be happening!

Edit: Disney World is cool. Let's drive there after NO KOAST!!

Edit2: @Pong-I know Scythe, Arty, and Quik play melee and live in Chicago. There's probably more, but I forget off the top of my head. You can try asking them hehe.

Pong

Smash Cadet
Forgive me if this is inaccurate but it looks like the Chicago area is more focused on brawl then melee :/

ook

Smash Lord
There used to be a good number of melee players (kels, zjiin, tink, etc.) I used to see melee stuff all the time in the midwest forum.

Dunno what happened to them/if they're still active anymore.
But they probably don't check this thread

@kirk: yep, pretty much in that boat

@dajayman: :(

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'll pass on No Koast. Sorry :(
But Disney World on the other hand...

Forgive me if this is inaccurate but it looks like the Chicago area is more focused on brawl then melee :/
There's actually a good amount of Chicago melee players, and I'm pretty sure they have smashfests from time to time, I just don't know where. You might have to check around other threads.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I play Melee. I also am the only 64 player in Chicago too... ;_;

Xyless, the lack of normal Daisy is most disturbing... Also I somehow want to see a Sugarscoot, idc how you do it and how illegal your actions in getting the Sugarscoot are, just do it!

Since Quik (*coughartycough*) isn't going to No Koast I might have to replace him and use Wario (*coughfalcocough*). I just hope I don't get grabbed. :/

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I'll pass on No Koast. Sorry :(
I might go to No Koast :)
I have some interesting theories.
One of them is that you are actually Arty and you main Falco while "Arty" , aka Quik/Andrew, mains Wario.
My other theory is that you two are both you, but switch mains for the day. For example, you two will decide to switch up so that you will be Arty for the day and he will be you.
And finally a variation of my first theory is that you, Quik, actually main Falco and Arty mains Wario.

And you thought you two could get away with it. But I caught your sly tricks!
You might be on to something Jared, but ever consider that Quik/Arty are actually 1 single entity? :upsidedown:

Pong

Smash Cadet
For any and all melée players post in the Bolingbrook/Naperville thread if your interested in smashing trying to set some stuff up.

Kirk

Smash Champion
So it's maybes from myself, ook and arty so far for NO KOAST.

I'm also waiting on a few responses from other people...depending on what they say, we'll have a general idea of what were all doing...eh?

Arty

Smash Lord
I'm probably going under the condition that I don't have to drive...
Cause if I'm driving we're taking the no highway route :laugh:
with the GPS

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'm probably going under the condition that I don't have to drive...
Cause if I'm driving we're taking the no highway route :laugh:
with the GPS
Oh god! I'm not going to get a wink of sleep for weeks because I'm going to have nightmares about Arty driving us to NO KOAST on the non-highway route that'll take us forever to reach... while having the pleasure of listening to his evil GPS saying "Caution!" every ten seconds.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
So for those that were asking me about weeklies/monthlies. Would you guys prefer a venue on the South side of Chicago or more towards the North side of Chicago?

I have a few in mind just want to know what do you guys like so I know which one to confirm with. ^_^

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'd prefer the Northside of Chicago
But if the Southside one is like much nicer or something then I would rather have that one.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I don't mind either one. I live on the South Side, but is not really for me is for the smashers. I don't want them to have to travel that far if I can just have one closer to them. Since by my place it is much harder to get by public transportation while on the North side there is a ton of that.

I might look for both a South Side one and a North Side one and run a couple events at each. Whichever one attracts more people I will keep that one. =p

I'll post both locations and both tournament dates by this weekend. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Arty, you know nothing!

Btw I need to talk to you about some stuff in a future event. Hit me up on AIM when you have free time to talk! ^_^

EDIT:

Anyone doing anything today, Sunday?
I want to play some games. So if anyone is doing anything I can drop by and get some games in. I want to get some practice going and well if there is a TV with Football available I can bring some chips/drinks for the football game! ^_^

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Hey whats going on?

Xion here from NM, now in Illinois woot! Only here for a month but it doesn't hurt to brawl some good players here :]

Xyless

Smash Master
My problem is I don't have a car, so anything that happens has to be accessible through CTA/Metra (far preferably CTA).

I'm in the near-northside region, so I guess north Chicago would be my preferred. Whatever works to get things going.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
you guys should go to this. Brawl and melee tourneys. Springfield, My town (P-town), edwardsville (indiana), and st louis are going, and possibly some from chicago.

Top Bottom