• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Well for the meantime if North siders are ok with it, I can run a couple biweeklies until the end of the year at Screenz. With a different venue fee, probably $4 or $5. And then next year when I can start the Clash series again at a new venue.

For the South siders, well I have a couple places also so I might post those this weekend.

For those on the North, Screenz is big enough to run both Brawl and Melee, so I can run both of them in that venue if you guys want. I see no reason why I can't do that.

But again, I will let you guys decide on that. I can either start the Screenz biweeklies as soon as this Saturday October 3rd, or in a few weeks on October 17th. Up to you guys.

In the meantime I am still looking for a South Side venue atm... XD

I do, however, have a couple venues ready for the start of the Clash series next year. ^_^

Arty

Smash Lord
I'll go to NO KOAST under the condition we don't use Arty's GPS while driving there.
I was playing around with it, and I found a way to turn the Caution off!
To think, the Caution madness could have been avoided :laugh:

And I think DLA expressed intrest in going too.... would it be possible to take a van to fit more people?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
i am throwing a Smashfest this Friday if anyone wants to show up.

Afterwards I am driving to LoLis 2 in Michigan for their circuit. They are running both Brawl and Melee and many top players will be there. If anyone wants to tag along you can. I have room in the car for like 4-5 more people. lol

I am not doing anything else this weekend so I just decided to go and bring whoever wants to go. Or I might just car pool with other people if no one wants to go after the Smashfest.

Just posting the info out there.
I live:
8536 S. Kolin Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60652
my cell/text: 773-540-6347

That's this tournaments: Legacy Of Legends In Smash

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Bumping cause of the session.

I am still holding this session today if you guys want to come over.

I am also going to run a mini tourney to try out a rule set I am planning for my November event. Depending on the reaction of that ruleset I will make changes once I announce the November 21st event.

Hope to see you guys later today.

The time for the session changed, is now from

3pm-12am

I will also be recording matches. hope you guys can make it. Ill get drinks for everyone so dont worry about that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
am I the only person from IL going to no Koast? that's not cool

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've been trying to organize a northern IL car for sometime now.

So far it's myself, ook, arty, and DLA...pretty much all maybes depending on who definitely wants to go and who can drive or w/e(silly arty).

And I'm still looking for anyone else who would like to join...

Derkis

Smash Cadet
Hey folks. I'm new to the city and looking to play some semi-competitive Brawl+ (as in, no money involved). Where does this go down, and how often?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Where exactly do you live Derk? I'm down for B+ anytime. And yes go to Kirk's this weekend and Oro is hosting a B+/Melee tournament in two weeks.

Derkis

Smash Cadet
I live about 5 minutes from the Western blue line stop, so if anyone in the city ever wants to Brawl+ I can accommodate. I'll try to make it to Arlington Heights on Friday, we'll see.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yes, come to my place this Friday. :o

And uh, what's up IL?

4 people from northern IL area currently going to NO KOAST...shall there be more? Has anyone changed their mind?

I like kittens.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can't go to no koast anymore I'm pretty sure

Derkis

Smash Cadet
Well, looks like I can't go to the Arlington Heights deal on Friday, but if anyone wants to come play some Brawl+ tomorrow--or sometime this weekend--let me know.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
You got a point ook. The Wifi Waiting Room used to replace New Pork City, but I guess it's more popular than Rumble Falls. I bet a member or two of the WBR (B+ backroom) went to your AiB profile ook and got they pissed.

Xyless

Smash Master
It's a tough choice for me, because I likes me some B+, but I have missed a few good tournaments over the last two weeks. Plus I'd love to have more people practice with my Diddy.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Well, I'm good to have people over at my place on Friday.

BUT....no more than like 4-5 people. I need to keep it small.

EDIT: ook, I'm guessing you're teaming with ripple, right? Perhaps I can pick up chewyy...lol

Kirk

Smash Champion
ook, DK: Would you be interested in going to Oro's B+ event on Friday? I think he said that Money has housing available, and that a lot of them are also going to TIMS the next day. And I'm pretty sure they'll let have at least one vBrawl setup lol...

nyah?

and lol @scythe. Too good. Though still sad...I needs more people!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Cool! Looks like I'll be bringing a setup so we can have at least one vBrawl setup there. And I don't know what the deal with DK is, but need to pick him up beforehand? Oro's place is essentially on the way to the venue...opposite of DK's. I suppose we'll need to work that out.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Update on the NO KOAST situation:

Currently confirmed going to NO KOAST:

Kirk, Arty, Wafles, Xyless, Ripple.

Awaiting confirmation from:

Corms, Chewyy.

Is there anyone else who would like to come? With the newly found interest, we have a possibility to take two cars to this thing.

If we can get 8 total, we can have 4 per car, 3 per car who can share the driving(all I know is that Arty and Corms cannot drive).

PLEASE let me know ASAP if you are interested, and would be willing to share the driving!

Top Bottom