• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

chewyy

Smash Ace
Pick me up~~
I wanna go~~

Oh yeah, and Blake, I tried calling you earlier, you should drive/get to champaign because it's less out of the way than Macomb for people driving from Chicago (it only adds like 30 minutes as opposed to 2 hours or so to Macomb) That is assuming that the wonderful nice Chicago people will come pick me/us up :colorful:

chewyy

Smash Ace
update: I believe Ripple is going to somehow get to Springfield from Macomb. If you pick me up (in champaign) then him in Springfield, google maps says it only adds about 40 minutes to the drive.

Kirk

Smash Champion
So it looks like it will be...

Kirk, Arty, Wafles, Ripple, Xyless, Corms, Polska, Chewyy.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Though there is still ONE thing left to figure out.

We're short a freaking car. >.>

I have mine ready to go, but we are going to need one more if we want to make this work.

ANYONE!?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Wafles has a car, but it is not in shape to be making a long drive like that. I think he mentioned he's even worried it won't make it to my place and back lol. xD

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'm not going. I'm going to Geek 'til Dawn at DePaul instead.

Xyless or Polska better not be going! Who else is going to bring a Brawl+ setup there?!... ;_;

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we could always ditch someone...namely whoever confirmed last...aka chewyy

hehe

Scythe

Smash Master
I've said this before, Arty is not going to NO KOAST! He thinks he will but he will bail. mwahahah

Edit:
Update on the NO KOAST situation:

Currently confirmed going to NO KOAST:

Kirk, Arty, Wafles, Xyless, Ripple.

Awaiting confirmation from:

Corms, Chewyy.

Is there anyone else who would like to come? With the newly found interest, we have a possibility to take two cars to this thing.

If we can get 8 total, we can have 4 per car, 3 per car who can share the driving(all I know is that Arty and Corms cannot drive).

PLEASE let me know ASAP if you are interested, and would be willing to share the driving!
lol wut he can drive

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so what time are you going to be in springfield on friday? the earliest I could be home is 2:00

Kirk

Smash Champion
Tentative plan at the moment is we will depart when Wafles gets to my house, which will be around 12pm or a little later(he has a prior commitment and can't leave for my house until 9:30ish).

Still trying to figure out the car situation and perhaps a meeting place(I don't know if my house would be too much trouble for everyone?). We could leave faster if we all left from the same place is all I'm saying.

Almost everything is set. Just a few things to iron out...

Scythe

Smash Master
You would volunteer your own house as the meeting place wouldn't you? Very convenient Kirk, I'm onto you buddy!

Wafles

Smash Lord
Doesn't Wafles have a car? How is he getting down here?
My car is in pretty rough shape, and honestly, I don't fully trust it to make the journey to IL and back, so I'm absolutely not willing to take the thing on a 13 hour trek when it has a tendency to have some sort of engine problem every couple thousand miles. So yeah, my car is out of the question, I'm just hoping I make it to IL, and back on Sunday with that car still in one piece at the end lol. Else I'd totally offer to use my car.

I'm excited, only a couple days. =)

Also I approve of meeting at Kirk's...unless anybody else is further North than him. =D

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yes, yes I would. It's hard enough organizing all of this. >.>

Anyway, hopefully people will ready this...

This is in the event where we only have one car to use. It's not looking very good finding another car, so we may have to deal with only taking five people. I've been talking with everyone, and this is what I've come up with.

People involved are: Myself, Wafles, Arty, Xyless, and Ripple.

I asked Chewyy, and he said he was fine with dropping out, as there is another tournament in Champaign the same weekend. Corms and Polska also mentioned it would be ok for them to drop out as well, though I'd like to follow up with them and make sure it's ok with them again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TENTATIVE PLAN FOR NO KOAST

REMINDERS:

--The car ride will be roughly 11 hours and 30 minutes.
--Gas will be somewhat expensive, even if split five ways. We're driving 1470 miles, and with a quick calculation, it could be 30 bucks per person.
--Bring sleeping stuff. Sleeping bags, pillow, whatever.
--Bring stuff for the car ride.
--Bring whatever you usually bring for tournaments.
--Bring your A-Game!

HOUSING INFO:

We'll be staying at Nynja's place on Friday night.

Address:

202 N Rock Road - Apt 102
Wichita, KS 67206

Saturday night housing is currently TBD, but we WILL be housed somewhere.

ITINERARY OUTLINE:

Friday morning:

--Wafles leaves from Appleton around 9:30am. He will meet with us at my house around 12pm or later.
--Arty and Xyless will arrive at my house sometime before noon. We shall do random stuff until Wafles arrives.

Friday afternoon:

--Once us 4 are together, we depart in my car!
--We will travel to Springfield, IL to pick up Ripple. At this point we'll probably switch drivers.
--With all 5 of us, we'll head to Wichita, KS...switching drivers as necessary.

Friday night:

--We arrive at Nynja's place, where we are being housed. It will probably be close to midnight, if not later.

Saturday:

--NO KOAST SHENANIGANS.
--IL *****, etc.

Saturday night:

--We stay over with whoever is housing us this night.

Sunday morning:

--We'll probably get on the road again.

Sunday afternoon:

--Drop off Ripple.
--Drive back to my house or something.

Sunday night:

--People get home safe and sound.
--Play around with our oodles of newly found cash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it. Take a look, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. People have my AIM, post here, w/e.

Scythe

Smash Master
**** Kirk is so organized. How could you guys possibly fail at No Koast? Just have him coach while playing. Insta money

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can I borrow something to do? as weird as this sounds my parents don't want me to drive home this weekend, so I can't get anything like a gameboy or even comics

ook

Smash Lord
Kirk, you forgot "--We stop at Cracker Barrel to buy candy & souvenirs"
You can't have a proper road trip without that.

but GL guys!

Xyless

Smash Master
I've got my iPod Touch, but that's for ME (rawr)!

That's going to be the majority of my entertainment and I don't want the battery dying too soon. :\

Kirk

Smash Champion
With a trip like this, one must be organized. :bee:

I'll be bringing my DS. Perhaps more random stuff too.

@ook, I'll consider adding it to the itinerary. :p

@Ripple, check your PMs, ****it! Also, I'll try and find something for you to do lol. But I have no idea what at the moment...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
With a trip like this, one must be organized. :bee:

I'll be bringing my DS. Perhaps more random stuff too.

@ook, I'll consider adding it to the itinerary. :p

@Ripple, check your PMs, ****it! Also, I'll try and find something for you to do lol. But I have no idea what at the moment...
I'll get back to you soon kirk, I need to call one of my friends and see if I can keep my car at their house for the weekend

Top Bottom