• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Scythe

Smash Master
Should we just consider running an IL Brawl Circuit? Ohio is running 2, Michigan is running the LoLiS circuit, and then there's a general one... but is there enough interest?
Dark Kakashi is going to be starting his monthly circuit in Chicago in a month or two.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Monthly CoCs does sound like a better idea! If you want some help with establishing circuit points, I still have my info from running all of the TIMS "monthlies". (established point system for each individual top 16 if played out or not, and for beyond that too)

Should we just consider running an IL Brawl Circuit? Ohio is running 2, Michigan is running the LoLiS circuit, and then there's a general one... but is there enough interest?
Yeah, I think an IL Brawl Curcuit would be a good idea. We could have one tournament in Chicago, Springfield, Champaign and one in Southern or Western IL? Then the championships in Chicago to even out the driving?

Monthly CoCs would be a good idea, but a better idea would be to have more info on where exactly the tournament is, have a set time to start, post the CoCs on smashboards, and not be late to your own tournament :p
If we were to do some sort of CoC circuit system, we'd have to be able to see the brackets afterward! (lol)
There is too much truth in these statements :p

Arty

Smash Lord
I just got home
No Koast was very fun!!!
I had a tough bracket :( no Johns though

also LOL at us having like 3 extra boxes of pizzas because Quik's an idiot and thought you guys would be staying over :laugh:

Kirk

Smash Champion
also LOL at us having like 3 extra boxes of pizzas because Quik's an idiot and thought you guys would be staying over :laugh:
LOL at Quik. What a jerk. :p

Just got back home, but I'm tired as ****.

I'll post something more about the whole trip tomorrow...and do some more catching up.

Quik17

Smash Ace
LOLOLOL, god ****it :mad::mad::mad:, I could of sworn Arty said you guys would be staying over for the night.

And then I come home with some boxes of pizza for everyone and I just find Arty there. And he wasn't even hungry!!!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
o snap, this is about as far as IL gets in the drama department, step it up people!

also, welcome back guys, glad to see you're all alive.

Scythe

Smash Master
lololol, God ****it :mad::mad::mad:, I Could Of Sworn Arty Said You Guys Would Be Staying Over For The Night.

And Then I Come Home With Some Boxes Of Pizza For Everyone And I Just Find Arty There. And He Wasn't Even Hungry!!!
And You Didn't Call Me Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkk

Quik17

Smash Ace
I hate you guys!

Nah I'm just kidding. When I called Arty, I thought he said you guys were gonna stay the night, not that you guys would be stopping by to quickly get directions. I need to get my hearing checked lol.

On the birghtside: at least my grandma won't have to cook tomorrow.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
no, no he's not kidding.

how dare you mindgame quik into buying pizza arty! everyone in the car must've schemed up the plan to get quik into buying them, only to leave him in the dust once he came home with the boxes.

it may take months, or even years to repair all the psychological damage caused by such a traumatic event.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Congrats to Kirk and the rest of team Illinois. Glad you guys made it home safely.

Poor Quik and his pizza, I would have got some if I was there. lol

Ive been sick all weekend so I havent commented on anything but I would totally support an Illinois Circuit!

Now I am going back to bed cause I am still sick.

Kirk

Smash Champion
HUGE shoutouts to Xyless, Ripple, Wafles and Arty for making the trip. I had a blast, the trip was incredibly fun, and I would do it all over again if I could. Thank you very much for sharing the driving, paying gas money, riding with everyone in a cramped-*** back seat, etc. with little to no complaints. Some of my highlights:

--Arty's Rock Paper Scissors skills. This man is the champ, seriously. Beating Wafles 10 times in a row, winning quarters on end. He has a bright future ahead of him.
--Ripple NEARLY taking the wrong exits on the highway...TWICE in the same city. I swear we were going to crash. That, and going 65mph on a 30mph turn...wow, just wow.
--Wafles having to drive in the rain. As soon as it was his turn, it started pouring and we got stuck behind a truck on a one lane highway due to construction. When his turn was over, it stopped raining...odd.
--Arty telling Wafles to pass the truck we were stuck behind, vision impared by rain and water spraying from the truck, when moments later a car it's headlights off comes zooming in the other lane. I think Arty wanted us to all die or something.
--Xyless for driving while sleeping with his eyes open. I was there. He actually did it. Too good my friend!
--The guy in the black car. We were driving next to him for awhile, then I took a nap. I woke up, AND HE WAS STILL NEXT TO US. I swear that man was driving at our side for 2+ hours. We lost him when we had to drop off Ripple in Springfield...was such a shame.
--Sheila. The GPS. Good as always. On one occasion, she pronounced one of the exits as "Nerfartehblahrpor..." gibberish, in other words. It was too good...
--My car. Everyone loves my awesome car. It can go zero to sixty in 20 seconds. No joke, it's THAT good. You could floor the gas pedal going up a hill, and STILL be slowing down.
--And of course, the tournament. Not much to say, other than it was pretty bad***.

I'm probably forgetting a lot, but you get the idea. Road trips are fun!!

Xyless

Smash Master
Everyone will learn to love my auto-pilot driving abilities. Guess I'll do my own shoutouts.

-Ripple - Best shoes ever. Who cares if they Shrunk a few sizes on the way back?
-Arty - I am glad I now know exactly how cruise control works! I will never steer while it is on again! Also, nothing like getting bread and turkey from Jimmy John's!
-Kirk - You better watch your back for crazy, high, Asian stalkers whose only goal in life will be for your hat. Also, best texting ringtone ever. SO SHORT!
-Kirk's Car - Way to win that MM, who would have thought that a car could make money through RPC? TOO GOOD
-Sheila - I miss you, come back to me. And never let your ugly sister Olga out of the house. Her voice doesn't compare to yours!
-Kirk's Car's Radio - How does it feel being the only radio to not get action during a road trip?

Arty

Smash Lord
Random road trip moments

Ordering a coke at Streak n Shake while everyone had shakes was legit!
Kirk texts too much!
Xyless randomly disappears when we are ready to leave
Wafles DS games are awesome! especially BMX :laugh:
Ripple has brand new shoes, but they are much smaller
Sheila gets pissed when we stop for gas
Cinammon popcorn is too good
Kirk's fruity fish thingies are even better!
Xyless sleeps with his eyes open
Ripple smiles when he's sleeping
Wafles has the EXACT same birthday as me
Next time I'm driving!

And its Paper Scissors Rock ****it!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
Random road trip moments

Wafles has the EXACT same birthday as me (and Quik too then lol that's crazy)
Next time I'm driving! (prepare for the ride to be an extra 3 hours longer without highways)

And its Paper Scissors Rock ****it!!! (who says anything else? wtf)
Yeppppppppp

Wafles

Smash Lord
hahaha **** quik =(
man i wish we would've at least stayed for a little while to eat some pizza now, cuz as soon as I left kirk's I went straight for some food

it was so much fun going with you guys to no koast, thanks for bringing me along!

Pretty much everything's been mentioned...but this takes the cake:
Arty: Can you steer the car when cruise control is on?

it's crazy that we have the same birthday too, oh man.
also prepare to get wrecked in rockband, =)

Quik- I can't get over how funny that pizza situation is, and we were all talking about saying hi to you, we get to your house, and you're not there, we assumed you just decided you didn't want to hang out with us at all, and in the end it turns out you were just going out of your way to be nice to us, hahaha. At the next MAS I'll buy you some pizza LOL

KIRK - What a beast ike, 9th at a tourney with 104 person turnout, so good =) it was funny how bad lain wanted your hat too =)

Ripple + Xyless - I can't think of anything too specific, but it was a blast hanging out with both of you, it was definitely fun.

and that middle seat was mad comfy on saturday + friday, but so uncomfortable on sunday, it made no sense =(

hahaha wow, what a fun tournament and weekend this was

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
Chewyy I would suggest you start running the CoCs from now on. Deez and BC are too irresponsible to do it right. I mean seriously they post tournaments at most a week before they actually happen and never post results. I'm all up for a CoC or an Illinois Circuit.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
Idk about you but when your late to your own tourneys, which you decided to start an hour later because you couldn't wake up in time, your not running the tournament well.

Also if your going to make the tournament page don't make it on the 7th since that would be giving a one week notice and we wont have a good turn out like last time. You should try and talk to Deez and BC about making it a Circuit but thats on you guys.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
This just may be even more intense than the pizza incident. Actually, no it's not!

I can understand the lack of motivation if the turnout really isn't enough to require them to actually start on time in order to not finish too late. Maybe having Chewyy run it might not be such a bad idea, since it looks like he's kinda reliable (though I could be completely off!). Overall though, I just think it's better to announce tourneys a bit more in advance so people can iron out their schedules.

Kirk

Smash Champion
lolpizza.

Is there anyone who wants to play friendlies sometime this weekend? I think I'm going to be rather bored in the next few days...

Top Bottom