• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Pizza pie. Every minute, every second, pie pie pie pie pie pie.

I would Kirk but I have my good friend who moved to Cali coming back
Home for the weekend, so I must chill with him.

Melee 4 life.

cgpr4life2

Smash Cadet
This just may be even more intense than the pizza incident. Actually, no it's not!

I can understand the lack of motivation if the turnout really isn't enough to require them to actually start on time in order to not finish too late. Maybe having Chewyy run it might not be such a bad idea, since it looks like he's kinda reliable (though I could be completely off!). Overall though, I just think it's better to announce tourneys a bit more in advance so people can iron out their schedules.
The problem I have is that they post tournament pages too late so hardly anyone comes. Then they don't show up on time and have the people that do come waiting around for like an hour, which might make them not wanna come back again. Then they don't even get to see the results afterward. Its like if your going to host tournaments do it right.

ook

Smash Lord
Only good vegetables are tomatoes and pickles. :lick:

also, anyone interested in going to the Midwest Smash Circuit event in Ohio on the 29th?
It's on a sunday, so I mean... I dunno

Also for that matter, anyone interested in going to Pound 4? It's only an hour less than No Koast.

Arty

Smash Lord
I'm most likely not going to the Ohio tourney, but I'm for sure interested in Pound 4. Let's see what my money situation looks like in a month

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm definitely going to Pound 4 one way or another. Even if Ook has to cargo carry me the whole way there.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
The word vegetable is just a culinary term to describe plants which has no meaning in the science world, you silly peasants!

btw i HATE vegetables lololol

Dajayman

How are you veggie123 and you HATE veggies??? That's even more crazy than I am.
And I also noticed you have a mushroom in your avatar. That does not belong, it doesn't matter if it's just as delicious as veggies!!!

Lucas's Facts

Smash Rookie
hi im from rockford. i play brawl, anybody around the area wanna get together and play? so far i have like 3 other people from around my area that likes to play as much as i do. i use lucas, marth, falco, dk, and kirby.

oh btw im lucas's facts :laugh:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
argh... 7FO might not show up for the chicago tournament. If he doesn't is anyone available? I'm really just looking foward to doubles. If 7FO doesn't show and ripple doesn't want to team then I'm pretty much burned up. :(

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
chicago =/= illinois
Northern IL/Chicago pretty much equals IL at the moment, it's the most active part of IL by far. Prove me wrong if you think otherwise! :)

Although we have a few rogue factions in Southern/Central Illinois that are definitely worth mentioning.

That said, IL as a single entity is very stubborn when it comes to traveling, even in their own state. This needs to change, people need to get cars already and learn to drive (on highways COUGH). I actually need to work on all three of the aforementioned, but I soo would travel if I could.

Also, people need to be willing to go OoS too, can't have all the competition always come to us...even though they do :)

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hey as far as that STL tournament I posted goes, you guys are the least sucky about wanting to drive the distance.

HOWEVER

Oklahoma (which is 8 hours away) and Dphat (who is practically all of Texas or something - but will likely come with more Texans I bet - don't hate me for saying this Dphat, it's 5:02 am and I don't even know words I'm typing or something) are both willing to come to our tournament and aren't johnning about the distance or driving there.

SO COME!!

It will be great fun and probably like, 12 raves will happen afterwards. :p

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah, you buttf***ers, driving is fun. Let's goooooooooooooo OoS (and even downstate) more

Plus it's only 5 hours, not 5 and a half. :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
Just wondering, are there any smashers at WIU? I go down there to visit my brother sometimes. It'd be nice to play some smash while im there :p

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yeah, you buttf***ers, driving is fun. Let's goooooooooooooo OoS (and even downstate) more

Plus it's only 5 hours, not 5 and a half. :)
Yeah Ook you tell them!

I am driving to New Jersey this weekend for a tournament. I love driving. ^_^

Dajayman

Can't drive anywhere without cash, otherwise I would. Traveling is fun, too bad the only other places I've been were Wisconsin and Indiana. I'm travel hungry! Om nom nom!

Top Bottom