• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I know omg, we tend to just post ONLY in one thread at times, then that thread gets like 200 extra replies. Last time it was the MAS thread with like 600 replies lolol and like 35 people showed up, well add like 20 for melee people.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
alright guys, pound 4 deadlines are coming up soon and i'd like to know...is anyone in IL interested in going?

depending on how many show interest, maybe we can organize something fun. i hear the series is very fun in general, so it'd be nice to go wouldn't it?

pre-registration ends on January 1st btw...and the hotel deal ends on the 25th (so I guess we'd try to find housing if we don't decide on anything by then?)

Arty

Smash Lord
I'm interested in going! Don't know if I'll have the money by then, but we'll see. Plus that deadline is coming up, so maybe Plank will change it to pay at the door.

Xyless

Smash Master
I would love to go to Pound 4, but I don't really have the money for a trip that major right now.

I want a Chicago tournament in January! I feel like I missed out from LoLIS!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hey, are any of you contemplating coming to Joker's tournament on the 9th? Some of you had expressed interest but I didn't know for sure. I would say without your attendance we are somewhere between mid to high 30's

Zozefup

Smash Lord
who all is going to "Hot Dickings!" in st. louis on Jan 30th? It would be cool to see chicago again!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Has IL discussion moved to a new thread that I don't know about? Or do people in IL just have lives outside of smash boards? :S

But yeah, everyone should go to "Hot Dickings!"

@Hunger- Do you play in connect 4 tournaments? lol. I used to play in checker tournaments all the time. I won state and got to go to Vegas to play in nationals XD.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
It seens that ANY game can be competitive as long as it's multiplayer. I bet there is profession Monopoly tournaments. :p

I enjoy playing Scrabble and Bananagrams. :)

Also don't forget Kirk's is this Friday!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Rob Gambino and I are traveling to Effingham on Thursday for a dinner thing. Afterwards we could go to Springfield or Champaign if anyone is interested in Smashing. Let me know Deez, Chewy, Ripple, others.

Checkers takes a lot of skill. Expert level players in both checkers and chess say checkers is harder. Of course it's debatable which game is harder, but checkers is still up there in skill.

@Dajayman- Monopoly is serious stuff! The world Monopoly championships were in Vegas for 2009. The winner took home over $20,000! Monopoly definitely has the biggest touranment scene for a board game.

http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/en_US/discover/strategy/play-to-win.cfm

Arty

Smash Lord
I knew it took some skill, but I had no idea there was a scene for it. I don't see how it can be harder than chess though :psycho:

We'll have to play sometime :)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hey Chicago! Ally said he wants to come to our tournament this weekend, but needs a ride. He wanted to know if anyone from Chicago was going and could give him a lift. Plus he promised free food. Someone who is interested should look into this asap!

Top Bottom