• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The IL (Brawl) Discussion: Monkeys, Wolves, and Bairs, oh my!

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
it's so hard to tell with some people >:{

hmm 30th? i can try asking people if they're interested aka people who can drive, i'm pretty much willing to go to anything if i can get transportation (which happens less than i'd like!)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Since there aren't any real tourneys going on til end of February that I know about, I can probably come down to that smashtasm. I don't know if anyone else in WI wants to travel 3.5 hours for a smashfest, but I'd make the trip. =)

Wafles

Smash Lord
What time do they usually start, and go until? I'm not positive but I think the earliest I could make it down is like, 8PM ish.

Also I'd need a place to crash overnight.

Arty

Smash Lord
It starts at like 6, but the tournaments/crews are usually around 8 and later. They last all night, and usually a lot of people just sleep over till the next day.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Technically starts at 4, but most don't come until later, but that's their choice. You guys should come at least once...as Arty said, it's always a good time. :)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Not my choice, it's Metra's choice. There's a train than leaves at 2:30 and arrives at 3:00, then the next train that leaves at 4:30 and arrives at 5:00. Unless you want me coming an hour early like that one time Polska, Xyless, Veggie, and I did, I will have to take the late train. ;)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Kirk, unless something goes terribly wrong, I guarantee I'll be there at the next one. Just unsure of who else I can convince to come with me.

And I was wrong about the 8:00PM thing. My last class ends at 1:40, so I could be down there by like, 6:00ish. A full night of smash with IL sounds way too good.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Sounds awesome Wafles. Bring as many people as you can! :)

Also, by then, we should have an Alpha release of Brawl Minus....if all goes well, of course. I just need people to help playtest with... xD

Wafles

Smash Lord
Brawl-? Is that like taking brawl, and making it more campy, increasing landing lag, and decreasing hitstun?
(assuming the opposite of brawl+ here)

Wafles

Smash Lord
So I've been asking around WI and things are looking pretty grim, I may be making the trek down to Kirk's smashtasm alone.

Reminds me of No Koast, lol.....

Xyless

Smash Master
I wonder if I can get out early from my super long class so I can catch the afternoon train to Chicago. Then I could show up around 5-6 instead of around midnight.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Smashtasm VI is fast approaching.

We have decided on a Reverse Pick Brawl tournament this time around!

There will also most likely be a small Brawl- side tournament. We gave it a test run at the Phase5 tournament this past weekend and it got basically unanimously positive reviews, which was very nice to hear.

AiB page here: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8528

Expecting a larger than normal turnout this time around...so it should be a good time! :D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This thread's title is too **** good....jus change the bears to bairs lmao and its perfect

Top Bottom