• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
It's Dair for horizontal or diagonal DI, and it doesn't matters what aerial you use for vertical DI since you will fastfall it anyways.
Learn to read ;)
In theory, you stop your vertical movement by Fastfalling an aerial, Fastfalling isn't move dependent so it doesn't matters what move you use. But, you have to know that dair on the cstick will automaticly make you fastfall. You can get the same result by fastfalling a Fair, Dair, Uair and even an Nair, but you have to time it perfectly, which is almost impossible to do.

Oh and I don't know who keeps changing the frame data, but first dair was the fastest and now the ultimate pit guide says that bair is? This is confusing me.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Woah, hold on guys, those numbers are way wrong. I'll be back with the real ones soon.

Edit:

N-Air:
First Hit-4
Duration-51

F-Air:
First Hit-12
Duration-37

B-Air:
First Hit-9
Duration-38

U-Air:
First Hit-9
Duration-44

D-Air:
First Hit-10
Duration-36

There you go. I didn't feel like doing any other numbers, but that should work for your purposes.

Really F-Air, B-Air, and D-Air all work about as well.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243314 says U-Air 45, B-Air 39, F-Air 38

earla

Smash Lord
okay, came up with this combo. (probably discovered) but i figured i'd atleast mention this to create some discussion.

i tried on ike, and mk.

short hop dair(OoS whatever), jump(very brief jump) footstall, then WOI fast fall dair, then forward smash.
(all fast timing)

around 40% easy combo

could follow up with forward smash, f-tilt whatever. could also be useful at higher percents to follow up with aerial.

also another thing, i tried short hop dair,jump, footstall, WOI fast fall fair/bair. which sets up for jab lock which pit doesn't have. however, could tech chase from there.

just an idea, perhaps its worth further testing.

earla

Smash Lord
low percents.

im not a pit player so i'l leave it to you's to play around with.

basically its just a short hop dair, 1 jump then immediately footstall to WOI fast fall dair.

then finish combo with whatever.

al happens prety quick, just an idea. good luck

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Just tap jump when your basically standing on top of your opponent, can be done while they are on solid ground, or in mid-air.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
some times i poke through mk´s tornado with Dair or Bair.

i thought that if it was ever stopped, both moves would just cancel out.

does the tornado really have any weak spots?
if so what are they?

Afropony

Smash Lord
i use dair a lot..is that good?
It depends when.
some times i poke through mk´s tornado with Dair or Bair.

i thought that if it was ever stopped, both moves would just cancel out.

does the tornado really have any weak spots?
if so what are they?
It's weak at the top of it where there is an opening
is pit aggressive and offensive?
Pit played best is defensive but he can be agressive when gimping.

nvus

Smash Cadet
but can he be aggressive? im new to the game and i THINK metaknight has the most aggressive playstyle in the game?

aish

Smash Journeyman
Sit back and pretend you're doing something 8D is what esca said before i think haha. you can watch vids of rogue or sagemoon 8D though sagemoon's stuff is kinda old it's still fine to watch imo~ I found lmnz to be good to watch if you're starting from the beginning and just want to see the early basics, or you can watch a ton and squish them all together into one idea?!@# 8D

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I disagree of pit being defensive only.

Personally I think dair is pit's best aerial to hit with.

for pt, my strategies.

squirtle- he's so short and quick, d- tilts work great. Use his a,a,a infinate to stop most of his moves. Even use it to bait an uair if he jump over you. Dair, and F-smash to kill.

ivysaur- Don't let him camp you, arrow him. If you are to approach, DI forward to avoid bullet seed. D-smash for gimp, Slight charged f-smash for kill, dash attack after his arial attack.

charizard- Avoid being in front most of the time. Fair's, Nair's are great. Arrows too. Utilt can help as well as dair defensively. For kill, best bet is an un used bair, or off stage arial chase.

A retreating dair for best used above.

Esca

Smash Champion
Pit's best option from Above. Hmm. Space a dair right. Other than that, IF your spaced correctly, you can side-b. But this is only if your out of jumps/no other options.

And let me rephrase.

You can only win with Pit if your defensive.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Thanks

I kinda agree with being defensive. Pit should never be approaching, and he shouldn't ever be fighting in close combat for a long period of time.
Most of the time he should keep out, but if there's an opening, jump in and do what chu need to do. Then get out.

Top Bottom