• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

mobilisq

Smash Ace
must've caught him right as his invincibility on the ledge wore off and bounced him off of the stage. or at least i am assuming

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
for momentum canceling, fair lets you jumps sooner because less total frames.
Dair for fast falling because it's hit box ends the fastest.

The only true combo with pit is to learn how to arrow loop.
Just learn your timing, you can basically do anything now.
I'm training on perfect arrow techniques, but they connect. I can do arrow loop > WOI bair. needs control.
Don't spam arrow loops, its gets predictable like glide tossing peaches or tornadoes.

Pits info is never finished.

Olimars are easy when you learn to rush. Pikman have less priority to none. You can stops his grabs because when you get grabbed, you can still attack before you reach him.

Gonna test how to avoid luigi's Up -b after the jab.
crouching cuts the jab stun, there is landing lag, in the few available frames like 4 or so,
should I try Up B, and see if invincibility frames help, Down-B to super armor it?

I need help getting a device to record, like a web video program.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I think I have some olimar matches being uploaded sometime soon. Not sure where but I'll look into it.

What does everyone think about Uair from the ledge onto the stage? The times I've done it it has worked well and you can suually buffer it into a very quick Utilt.
If the opponent is standing on the stage shielding and you hit them with Uair then it's almost certain you'll poke them with Utilt.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
I think I have some olimar matches being uploaded sometime soon. Not sure where but I'll look into it.

What does everyone think about Uair from the ledge onto the stage? The times I've done it it has worked well and you can suually buffer it into a very quick Utilt.
If the opponent is standing on the stage shielding and you hit them with Uair then it's almost certain you'll poke them with Utilt.
im having a hard time pictureing this. Uair from the ledge is usually used to get the opponent away from the ledge, but your jumping on to the stage which would leave you in a horizontal position if not over him.

it would be easier to understand if you said Nair cuz idk how Uair would hit

Player-4

See you in 25 years
im having a hard time pictureing this. Uair from the ledge is usually used to get the opponent away from the ledge, but your jumping on to the stage which would leave you in a horizontal position if not over him.

it would be easier to understand if you said Nair cuz idk how Uair would hit
Uair coming back on stage is great from below. Nair is horrible because there's too much ending lag.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman

I'm wondering how one attacks in midst-grab :3

Why would you try to attack horizontally with Uair? Might as well use Fair/Nair

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Because Uair ***** hard.

I use it every now and then to get up onto the stage, but I defs find it has ending lag, maybe I'm FF'ing it or something but i can't seem to get it NOT to lag.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're probably cancelling it

I'd still rather use Nair/Fair if landing on stage, as a missed Uair gets punished harder than a missed Nair/Fair

Esca

Smash Champion
There is no lag from Nair on to the stage from the ledge if you do it correctly.
Has to be frame-perfect, and most people can't do it. Plus, jumping onto the stage with an attack shouts, "PLEASE GRAB ME."

You can grab through Nair, trust me. That's why it's a dumb move.

yeah and on top of that you can follow up with a utilt since it comes out on like frame 1..its usefull in some situations with all the hit frames your throwing out there
Frame 2, and only up close. Other than that, 2nd hit is frame 7.

Esca

Smash Champion
for momentum canceling, fair lets you jumps sooner because less total frames.
Dair for fast falling because it's hit box ends the fastest.

The only true combo with pit is to learn how to arrow loop.
Just learn your timing, you can basically do anything now.
I'm training on perfect arrow techniques, but they connect. I can do arrow loop > WOI bair. needs control.
Don't spam arrow loops, its gets predictable like glide tossing peaches or tornadoes.

Pits info is never finished.

Olimars are easy when you learn to rush. Pikman have less priority to none. You can stops his grabs because when you get grabbed, you can still attack before you reach him.

Gonna test how to avoid luigi's Up -b after the jab.
crouching cuts the jab stun, there is landing lag, in the few available frames like 4 or so,
should I try Up B, and see if invincibility frames help, Down-B to super armor it?

I need help getting a device to record, like a web video program.

Firstly, looping arrows provides no combos, creating a scary situation.

It's easy to do arrow loop into stuff, but why not just land the bair to begin with? The boards are trying to get above being fancy, not improving it.

NEVER rush Olimar, it's ********. You'll get grabbed.

Luigi has 2 frames between jab > up-b. It's impossible for Pit to avoid, if the luigi does it right. The UP-B has no invincibility frames so idk wtf you mean.

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Has to be frame-perfect, and most people can't do it. Plus, jumping onto the stage with an attack shouts, "PLEASE GRAB ME."

You can grab through Nair, trust me. That's why it's a dumb move.

Frame 2, and only up close. Other than that, 2nd hit is frame 7.
it isnt that hard. and it used if your opponent is really close to the edge to change it up. and its still fast enough to follow up, but overall using nair to get on the stage should very rarely used to get on.VERY RARELY

Player-4

See you in 25 years
True, but I find those times rarely. IMO it's best used against fatties like D3, Bowser, and DK since it's easier to hit with all of the Nair, but there's almost always a better option then Nair.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much. It may not be as useful as his other moves, but it's still pretty handy.
Like for example, it quickly gets rid of latched pikmin anywhere on the body.

Coffee™

I need it....
True, but I find those times rarely. IMO it's best used against fatties like D3, Bowser, and DK since it's easier to hit with all of the Nair, but there's almost always a better option then Nair.

Nair sucks vs Bowser.

Pretty much. It may not be as useful as his other moves, but it's still pretty handy.
Like for example, it quickly gets rid of latched pikmin anywhere on the body.
Fair is better than Nair for that.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
lmaoo.
All goes well until quotes are pwned.

EDIT: but then again, we shouldn't use fair to solve all our problems :3 gets too predictable. (tadaa, nair!)

Top Bottom