• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Esca

Smash Champion
Pit can't be offensive because he has such straight forward moves. His aerials are nothing too special/don't have weird hitboxes/etc... They're short. Hard to approach with him. He has no way to do tricky approaches besides up-b stuff, but it's figured out already.

However, fighting from a distance, Pit can bait with arrows, etc... and punish with those aerials.

He's meant to be defensive.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Against Lucario I just try and get them off stage for the gimp. If I'm on stage I make sure I use lots of shield and then punish what they do.
Also Don could you try and cut down on the multiple posts in a row? It's OK if you accidently double post but you seem to double post and even triple post when you could just edit your first post.

Esca

Smash Champion
I play against Trela ALOT, and I used to play Lee's Lucario all the time.

The best thing to do against him is to just play the match. Like, spaced Fair and he can't get in. It's the one matchup where I feel like Marth, or someone else who outspaces everything.

Other than that, don't get under him, and save smashes, so you can kill him quicker. You don't want him to be strong. It's a VERY bad decision.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Esca, about Pit's aerials, how do they not have weird hitboxes? He is literally able to defend from all sides in the air, and seeing as how he can short-hop everyone of them, I would say he has a decent approach game, his only real problem is F-air being mildly slow and hard to hit short characters with, but that's where D-air comes in. I'm not saying being defensive isn't a good idea, I'm just saying Pit is blessed with versatility and there are some times when being aggressive is very advantageous, like when an opponent is of the stage or can out-camp you.

Coffee™

I need it....
There are only a few occasions:
Falco
Olimar
Snake
and sometimes Zelda, it kind of is a trade-off

And Esca, while that is true, he does hit in odd formations, like wit his U-Air and N-Air
Uh..no.

Falco - Camp him from the ledge.

Olimar - Fair knocks off all Pikmin. Between your arrows and you fairing off all of his Pikmin, he doesn't

Snake - No, not at all for various reasons

Zelda - She is TERRIBLE at camping any character.

Esca

Smash Champion
LOL seriously. Pit can camp harder than any character.

And holy ****, UP AIR AND NAIR ONLY HIT WHERE HIS WEAPON IS.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
@ Ravyn: For me to respond, you are going to have to define camping exactly. I mean, yes we can sit behind our MS all day, but so what? Oh, but I do retract my statement about Snake, I was rather rushed this morning when I wrote that post.

@Esca: I'm assuming by weird you mean invisible. So what? Once you know the hitbox of an attack it is all the same. Weird=/= Good. Look at Marth he only hits where his weapon is (as far as I can tell) does that make his aerials bad?

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Uh..no.

Falco - Camp him from the ledge.

Olimar - Fair knocks off all Pikmin. Between your arrows and you fairing off all of his Pikmin, he doesn't

Snake - No, not at all for various reasons

Zelda - She is TERRIBLE at camping any character.
How about Toon Link?

Esca

Smash Champion
It's hard to beat Toon Link.

And Marth's aerials aren't bad, but Pit's arent nearly as long as his. And you can't mix it up very well with Pit.

Coffee™

I need it....
@ Ravyn: For me to respond, you are going to have to define camping exactly. I mean, yes we can sit behind our MS all day, but so what? Oh, but I do retract my statement about Snake, I was rather rushed this morning when I wrote that post.
Camping is camping :dizzy: It doesn't matter how you do it whether it be camping in the air or from the ledge or simply standing on stage shooting stuff. Vs Falco, Oli, Zelda and Snake you won't be using MS much anyway.

How about Toon Link?

Yea he outcamps us.
my bad I forgot he exists

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Against Lucario I just try and get them off stage for the gimp. If I'm on stage I make sure I use lots of shield and then punish what they do.
Also Don could you try and cut down on the multiple posts in a row? It's OK if you accidently double post but you seem to double post and even triple post when you could just edit your first post.
thx and sorry for my multiple posts :embarrass

another character that i have a hard time with: g&w, any tips?

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ravyn's post. too funny.

G&W...
-Don't be predictable with arrows, bucket is ugly.
-If he throws you up, expect to airdodge an up-b.
-Don't get above him in general, he combo's well in the air and juggles fairly easily.
-Watch for nairs on the ground, he usually combo's into a d-smash or jab.
-DI that nasty bair, preferably up and away or behind him.

those were all I could think of at the moment.

Esca

Smash Champion
Against G&W, it may be dumb, but if you do it right it pays off.

Just fill up his bucket. He has to have an opening to hit you with it, so don't give him one. Just fill up the bucket and spam the **** out of him.

Watch out for dair/bair/nair and smashes and your good.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Against G&W, it may be dumb, but if you do it right it pays off.

Just fill up his bucket. He has to have an opening to hit you with it, so don't give him one. Just fill up the bucket and spam the **** out of him.

Watch out for dair/bair/nair and smashes and your good.
"IF" i do it right lol

maybe something that can be pulled off by a scrub?

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, don't be predictable with arrows.

Butttttt...
If you know G&W wants to bucket your arrows, mindgame him by angling your arrow upwards before it hits the bucket, therefore missing it. After a while, it starts to get funner as they get more and more paranoid with it. I wouldn't suggest doing that at tournies, I usually do it in friendlies to have some laughs. Although, if G&W buckets endlessly offstage(as a result of you spamming arrows from the stage), they can sometimes get carried away and end up getting GIMPED. :laugh:

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
If you shoot GnWs bucket with an arrow the bucket stays out longer, so if you need to land a kill move shoot him with a short hopped arrow for less lag and if he buckets the arrow then it should give u enough time to land an Fsmash or other kill moves.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Is everyone 100% SURE that nobody has found a gauranteed way to perform Pits ART? Because I think I just found a way. Is everyone sure that no one has found a way to do ART?

Also, is Wing Dashing a good way to get closer to an opponent and do an attack?

Afropony

Smash Lord
I would use wing dashing to move out of the range of my opponents attacks, not go into it.
But maybe that's just me.

What's the timing you've found for ART? I think the only person that could use it properly was Kupo and he's pretty much stopped playing Brawl now.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
It depends how long you swing the control stick around. I know you asked for the exact amount of time but I'm going to guess about 6-7 seconds.
Yeah lol. I was looking for without movement/with movement of "charge-stance"
It's okay if you don't know exact amount, wasn't expecting that anyhow.

Is everyone 100% SURE that nobody has found a gauranteed way to perform Pits ART? Because I think I just found a way. Is everyone sure that no one has found a way to do ART?

Also, is Wing Dashing a good way to get closer to an opponent and do an attack?
Pretty sure they've concluded that the most effective way to perform ART would be to mash the B-button when you're about to touch the ground. Some people claim to have figured out the exact timing, but I havn't seen any true proof of this, nor have I been able to find the exact time to intitiate the "slide" part in it.

I would use wing dashing to move out of the range of my opponents attacks, not go into it.
But maybe that's just me.
That's what I was thinking,
Use the wind's push effect to mess up their spacing, and punish with Fsmash or Fair.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Pretty sure they've concluded that the most effective way to perform ART would be to mash the B-button when you're about to touch the ground. Some people claim to have figured out the exact timing, but I havn't seen any true proof of this, nor have I been able to find the exact time to intitiate the "slide" part in it.
ART is done by doing a full hop, not too soon, not too late. Basically right exactly when pit says "huh!" from jumping you press side b.

The short hop, i haven't figured the timing.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I've actually managed to do the Short Hop ART twice in a row. But I'm still afraid to go out with it. I think someone will just say it's useless. But I don't know how to explain it. I'll try to do it tomorrow. Although I hope it works for people.

Also, why do people think Arrow Looping is not for competitive play?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
I've actually managed to do the Short Hop ART twice in a row. But I'm still afraid to go out with it. I think someone will just say it's useless. But I don't know how to explain it. I'll try to do it tomorrow. Although I hope it works for people.

Also, why do people think Arrow Looping is not for competitive play?
The setup takes too long. Most opponents have enough time to react and punish. Though, I don't believe it is completely useless, only very situational and even them you have to be very good at it. Mostly I just use it as a taunt.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I don't think the set up takes to long at all, more like a delayed arrow.

Most people can't control arrows and position themselves correctly to think its useful.

If you know how to control an arrow just right, you have enough time to evade and attack with an arrow returning just in time.

Top Bottom