• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
You don't really see people win by arrow looping though
I get 'em occasionally. Probably have a few videos recorded, but I don't feel like sorting through 200+ videos and even then, I don't really have a way of uploading them.

Mostly it's always arrow loop > F-tilt. Best way to use arrow looping in my opinion.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
i have read alot about saving up the bair for the kill on this thread but i dont understand why a non-lethal bair is taboo when an average pit main will spam arrows and build up all used up attacks.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Does WOI pushing help unstale moves?

If you hit with a move and its blocked, does it stale?

Can you do one move to unstale all other moves?

How many to return normal?
1: idk if the wind unstales moves
2: if the move is blocked it does not stale
3: if u mean just use one move more then once such as pit's arrows to unstale moves then yes one move used enough can unstale your other moves.
4: it takes 9 moves to return to normal

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I also think that you should learn Arrow Looping. This will improve your game A LOT!! Don't say that it is useless because IT WINS GAMES!
I know it's been said a hundred times, but it's not that useful and will likely get you punished. It will not make any major change in one persons game. It does have it's uses, on occasion, but there's usually something better you can do.

Empty shorthops win games. So do Warlock Punches, Ganon Utilts, so on so forth. Doesn't make it a good idea.

The only real exception, I think, is sniping someone in a magnifying glass that's high and far away. There's the occasion when it means the difference between them recovering and taking that stock. Doesn't happen often, though, and it doesn't use the full loop.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Let me just say this: The reason why you don't really see people winning with Arrow Looping is because of this: PEOPLE HERE KEEP SAYING IT ISN'T USEFULL SO NO ONE USES IT!!!!

If you at least try it, you can see for yourself that it can win matches. I've won several because of it. I've even got out of GRABS because of it! I've opened up defenses to use any atttack I wanted because of it. I owe a lot of wins to this move. But at the same time I don't mean to say that you should use it all the time. I just think that you should at least know it so you can create a game plan with it. It doesn't mean that you have to use it every single second. Just enough so that you can get the best results from it.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on it.

So, what's the score of a Pit versus ROB matchup? Does Pit have the advantage?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Let me just say this: The reason why you don't really see people winning with Arrow Looping is because of this: PEOPLE HERE KEEP SAYING IT ISN'T USEFULL SO NO ONE USES IT!!!!

If you at least try it, you can see for yourself that it can win matches. I've won several because of it. I've even got out of GRABS because of it! I've opened up defenses to use any atttack I wanted because of it. I owe a lot of wins to this move. But at the same time I don't mean to say that you should use it all the time. I just think that you should at least know it so you can create a game plan with it. It doesn't mean that you have to use it every single second. Just enough so that you can get the best results from it.

Anyways, those are my thoughts on it.

So, what's the score of a Pit versus ROB matchup? Does Pit have the advantage?
it is 50:50 but it could have changed because im getting my info from the pit matchup thread and it has been dead for a while now :(

i say pit has the advantage because he cancles out all of robs lazer and gyro game :)

also (in my opinion) pit is better in the air because even though he has strong, arials that out range and out prioritize anything, they get extreemley predictable and punishable

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
So I have a question for R@vyn or other pits if they know how to do it.
I notice in your vids that you were running away then immediately pulled an arrow and shot them the other way. I can only do that with fox trotting but not for dashing/running. How exactly do you perform that?
Isn't it just a b-reversal?

Also can be done in the air, which I've seen alot. run > SH > b-reversal

Esca

Smash Champion
Weight specific is hard. I do know that Marth dies with hard DI at 118%.

Also, Pit vs ROB is abooooout 55:45 Pit. But you have to camp, and reflect wisely.

Esca

Smash Champion
This is how it goes. 4 moves refreshes the move halfway. So really all you need to do is worry about 4 moves to kill.

SSBA

Smash Rookie
hey i have another queston, wat are (if any) the best combos or hit strings to use on a link starting from zero?

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
hey i have another queston, wat are (if any) the best combos or hit strings to use on a link starting from zero?
anything starting with dtilt.

keep him in the air, link hates being in the air ssssoooooooo.....

dtilt-uair-uair-uair-fair-arrow- repeat

pit is so versatile that you dont have to memorize hit strings they just happen in your in-game reactions

SSBA

Smash Rookie
i know, i love pit because when your playing as him, u start out doing one thing and end u comboin in a way u werent expecting, pit is deifinately one of the best at controlling a matchs tempo.
also do, do u have wifi? so u cud show me some of the stuff your talking about cause i have nooo idea what all these wing refreshingdashingslidegrab techs are

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
If you at least try it
I use it in every match, ever.

No, seriously. Every match. It's a habit.

If you hadn't been looping, you might not have been grabbed, etc. I'm not saying it's useless, I'm saying there are better things to do, and it's usefulness is extremely limited.

Most of Pit's ATs are extremely 'meh,' compared to Sheik's/Falco's/etc. DACUS, Falco's SHDL, Lucas's Magnet Pull, Chaingrabs, and so on. You won't win a match because you were wingdashing or Arrow looping or angel stepping, you'll win it because of good spacing, good Yomi, and camping like a *****.

These things have their uses, yes, but they're not things that are necessary to learn.

That being said, the best use for arrow looping is hitting someone on the other side of an obstacle (i.e. Fire or Earth stages on PS1) when they're not expecting it. It's free, safe damage, and it wipes grins off of faces.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
i know, i love pit because when your playing as him, u start out doing one thing and end u comboin in a way u werent expecting, pit is deifinately one of the best at controlling a matchs tempo.
also do, do u have wifi? so u cud show me some of the stuff your talking about cause i have nooo idea what all these wing refreshingdashingslidegrab techs are
yea i have a wii, but i dont usually play inline because of lag. im not sure if it is my internet connection or not because i have never played with someone that has decent connection.
but if you want to try thats fine. just saying as a heads up

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok so i think i know the answer to my question but i want to make sure.

Q: i see a lot of its when recovering use there up b near the ledge to grab it instead of just jumping to the ledge.i always thought doing this seemed dangerous since if u get hit u will fall to your death so why is this done?

A: so i think its done for 1 of these two reasons.
1: the up-B wind effect keeps u safe when going to grab the edge.
2: pits jumps are not great b/c of how he falls after them(he seems to fall very fast after he jumps to me but it might just b b/c i am use to a floaty character) so up-bing makes sure u grab the ledge. This one makes sense to me b/c in a match against a friend (a friendly if u will) i jumped to grab the ledge but did not grab it for some reason which put me in a bad spot and i got spiked, i felt that if i up-Bed near the ledge i would of grabbed it.
Is this why people do this? if not then why.

On a diffrent note wing refreshing is cool as hell and very useful thanks for telling me to learn that first.

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
if you jump to the ledge ur risking to miss the ledge and expose half of pits body and get punished.

idk if thats one of the driving reasons behind this but it has happend to me :p

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
This is a Question for afro pony and any other players that play like him.

I have been whatching some of ur vids and i noticed that u play agressiveley with limited arrows. my question is, why choose pit to play agrresiveley? and how do you master an agressive playing style with a character that has poor close range attacks?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Switch to MK?

Nah, if it was a character like marth I would be trying to camp and shoot arrows at them for as long as I can. I don't really have much MU experience against Marth :(

Don Guero

Smash Journeyman
Alright here is another question (this on is for everyone)

What is the best action to take if ur playing a mk marth ect. and ur opponent knows how to power shield extremeley well

cp2

Smash Rookie
Shoot more arrows, but changng timing, his shield will go down quickly

So, when he is near you, he doesn't got a shield to use safely

Esca

Smash Champion
I LOVE THE MARTH MATCHUP.

All you do is PS approaches and fsmash. Everytime. Its ridic. If he hits you and you ps it, he's in range for an fsmash with any move.

and airdodge > utilt. BOOM DONE.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Stay on Stage against MK .
Don´t go off Stage, he´ll **** you.
Shoot arrows and analyse your oppenent to punish him.

Esca

Smash Champion
Mirror shield until your safely under the stage then fly under it.

Or recover really high with Snake and out-mind game your opponent.

Coffee™

I need it....
Mirror shield until your safely under the stage then fly under it.

Or recover really high with Snake and out-mind game your opponent.
That doesn't work against any MK that knows how to gimp Pit. Against Marth just do what you feel like. He can't come out there without putting himself at risk and if you go really low he basically has no options to stop you. Against MK just go really low or really high and be prepared to fight him to make it back with whatever option you choose.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Hitting back and forward on the control stick makes you glide for some ******** reason

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
If you use the control stick to jump, then you're more likely to glide by accident since you have to do a quick back-front press with the control stick to initiate glide shift. But you can cancel glide shift by pressing the X or Y buttons on the GC controller (there might be another way, but I'm not sure. Since I only use the X and Y buttons to jump.).

Top Bottom